View Poll Results: Matar's Junkyard Jamboree - Tractor Tipping Theme Or A Typical Flat Ride Spinner

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tractor Tipping Theme

12 42.86%
  • Typical Modified Off the Shelf Spinning Flat Ride

2 7.14%
  • Niether of the Above - The Ride Will Be Something Else Altogether Different

14 50.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Matars Junkyard Jamboree - Tractor Tipping Theme Or A Typical Flat Ride Spinner

Thought I would engage you in a discussion as to whether Matar's Junkyard Jamboree will be a cleverly thought out unique attraction, or just another off-the-shelf carni ride. A poll will be up soon.

One things for sure. When Carsland is complete, Fillmore's Organic FuelCan't wait to try the food at Flo's V8 Cafe. Chill me out with a nice cold drink at Fillmore's Organic Fuel.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Matars Junkyard Jamboree - Tractor Tipping Theme Or A Typical Flat Ride Spinner

Quote Originally Posted by Ride Warrior View Post
    Thought I would engage you in a discussion as to whether Matar's Junkyard Jamboree will be a cleverly thought out unique attraction, or just another off-the-shelf carni ride. A poll will be up soon.

One things for sure. When Carsland is complete, Fillmore's Organic FuelCan't wait to try the food at Flo's V8 Cafe. Chill me out with a nice cold drink at Fillmore's Organic Fuel.
    It appears as though Mater's Junkyard Jamboree will see a custom ride vehicles and a pretty decently-sized footprint. Not sure if it will be off-the-shelf, or an off-the-shelf idea made into a bigger experience, or a new, custom experience altogether.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Matars Junkyard Jamboree - Tractor Tipping Theme Or A Typical Flat Ride Spinner

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey View Post
    It appears as though Mater's Junkyard Jamboree will see a custom ride vehicles and a pretty decently-sized footprint. Not sure if it will be off-the-shelf, or an off-the-shelf idea made into a bigger experience, or a new, custom experience altogether.

One would hope that MJJ will be the latter, i.e. a custum experience through and through. According to Disney's new philosophy concerning the revamping of DCA, off-the-shelf rides are supposed to be a thing of the past.

Thanks mMasterGracey, for reposting the rendering of the ride. Boy, it looks intriguing!

• WDW CP Spring 2013

IMO, from the pictures i've seen, it looks like a scrambler with a Tow Mater theme with a giant AA of him in the middle

EDIT: Guess I was wrong, i've never seen that rendering before.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana_James View Post
    IMO, from the pictures i've seen, it looks like a scrambler with a Tow Mater theme with a giant AA of him in the middle

EDIT: Guess I was wrong, i've never seen that rendering before.
    You weren't wrong. I think that's what the attraction will amount to, and in the rendering I posted, a Mater Audio-Animatronics figure is indeed there, under a canopy, with cars "scrambling" around him.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

it actually looks like a really cool fantasyland-ish ride. that's just what DCA needs and the mater animatronic should be amazing.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by gOLDEN bLUE View Post
    it actually looks like a really cool fantasyland-ish ride. that's just what DCA needs and the mater animatronic should be amazing.
    I agree gOLDEN bLUE. The Matar anima should be both fascinating and hilariously entertaining.

• Master of Disaster

the ride should be backwards the whole time and you should have a horn you can honk that makes the tractors tip over! haha.

• WDW CP Spring 2013

Quote Originally Posted by zugzug15 View Post
    the ride should be backwards the whole time and you should have a horn you can honk that makes the tractors tip over! haha.
    From some other concept art, it looked like the ride vehicles spin.

• Banned User

I'm thinking it might be somewhat similar to the Cars Race Rally attraction at Walt Disney Studios Paris.

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guides/walt...rerouesrallye/

Looks better than I imagined from that art.

• Senior Minion

My impression is that it's basically an outdoor version of Roger Rabbit. This attraction is horrible idea, a junk yard in the middle of the park? Oh yeah, that's going to be beautiful. The location, concept, and proposed execution of this ride are all bad. They have limited space and this is what they're going to use it for? It's a pathetic attempt to desperately squeeze one more popular Cars character in for no reason. Larry the Cable Guy screams Disney to me, he must not be left out, yeah right. This is the single worst proposal of the entire DCA makeover project. I can't wait 'till it gets ripped out, fortunately my guess is that will happen within 3 years after it's built. That real estate is just way too valuable to play host to this crap.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

It looks to me like it has much more in common with TDL's Hunny Hunt and TDS's Aquatopia than anything else, for what it's worth -- probably not much given that I might have posted on this website ten times in history.

Nope, not even ten.

• Banned User

I think it's a custom ride. From the renderings, it almost looks like a cycle-ride version of Mr. Toad crossed with Roger Rabbit, going at higher than average speeds, careening around and through obstacles, and spinning. If anything, it looks to be a very fun ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    My impression is that it's basically an outdoor version of Roger Rabbit. This attraction is horrible idea, a junk yard in the middle of the park? Oh yeah, that's going to be beautiful. The location, concept, and proposed execution of this ride are all bad. They have limited space and this is what they're going to use it for? It's a pathetic attempt to desperately squeeze one more popular Cars character in for no reason. Larry the Cable Guy screams Disney to me, he must not be left out, yeah right. This is the single worst proposal of the entire DCA makeover project. I can't wait 'till it gets ripped out, fortunately my guess is that will happen within 3 years after it's built. That real estate is just way too valuable to play host to this crap.
    Could you at least wait and see how it turns out? Remember, they aren't just plopping this ride in the middle of the Pacific Wharf, it's located in an area focused on Cars, and Mater is a character in Cars. The junkyard is a locale in the movie, just like Luigi's, Flo's, and Fillmore's, and not to mention Mater is as popular as the Lightning Mcqueen, so it makes sense to theme it to Mater and his junkyard. The imagineers could really make this area intricate, even if it is "just" a junkyard. When you look at it, Junkyard Jamboree fits better in the area than the Roamin' Tires. What are flying saucers doing in Radiator Springs? Why are they shaped like tires? I think that Luigi's is just a way to bring a classic back, not to have it add to the atmosphere.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    I'm thinking it might be somewhat similar to the Cars Race Rally attraction at Walt Disney Studios Paris.

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/guides/walt...rerouesrallye/
    We already have a smaller Cars Race Rally in Francis' Ladybug Boogie. Same ride system, just double the switching disks and different vehicles. I doubt they would essentially copy a ride like that and place it in the same park. The renderings show that the vehicles will be going down a track in a very random path, which wouldn't be feasible with that type of system.
    Last edited by stitchon; 07-09-2008 at 11:09 AM.

• Senior Minion

I would venture to guess that it will be a standard ride system with maybe a few custom upgrades to the ride system and a lot of theming to go around it.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast