• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

First Trip Report! 7/9/08

Okay, here we go! Sorry, I don't have any pictures.

Monorail Red- No longer a "special preview". It is apparently fully open and took people the entire day. However, DOSH has put a maximum limit on 15 people per large cabin due to heat. The speakers are VERY loud. 2 security officers came off holding their ears. Also, I didn't find the haet very bothering in the main cabin. It seemed comfortable.Great Ride! I even got to honk the horn. Oh, and the security cameras in each car go directly to the Driver's monitor which is apparewntly different to the Mark V. We played around with each of the different cars individually and watched the reactions on the monitor. It was fun.

Monorail Purple- Completely falling apart at every hinge. It really needs help. Apparently, CM's aren't sure how to run 2 trains, because they kept guessing when to go!

Monorail Blue- Pilot said it would come out very soon.

Monorail Orange- They know nothing about it yet.

Mr. Lincoln- CM's @ the First 50 Years said he is supposed to be back next year.

Snow White's Scary Adventure- The apple is back out front! I don't think it makes noise anymore, though.

Dream Home- They're only loading on 1 of the three zones. This caused me to wait about 20 minutes. The house isn't very exciting, either. The back story is wild though! Also, there is not bathroom in this Dream House. I guess that's what's the indoor color-changing fountain is for! And, the girl we had hosting had a crush on the older brother Carlos. What's up with that. Oh, and Carlos has no bedroom...

Haunted Mansion- A great ride! I saw the "secret" pet cemetary on the side of the house too. Everything was on and I heard sounds I never knew of. There seemed to be a few new projections in the ballroom too. Two ghosts chasing eachother through a window and the two portraits dueling.

Indiana Jones Adventure- Riding in the last row is a WHOLE new experience. Much more motion. Also, padded seats? Are these new?

Random Acts of Indy- It was very easy to tell there was no punches because they never even made contact. It really jams up Adventureland too. Still pretty fun, though!

BLAB- Broke down for about an hour. I got no info though. Any ideas?

DLRR- Steve, gotta help me out with this one- The rolling stock with green awnings that faces foward had a lot of problems through the Grand Canyon. We crawled through and there was a very loud clicking and lots of bumpy jostling.

Tom Sawyer's Island- Fort Wilderness and the back area where the graveyard used to be that is currently fenced off is... A CM BREAK AREA!!!! I can't beleive it!

Jungle Cruise- I had a great Skip who deviated fro the normal speil I can recite by heart. This made the ride much more enjoyable.

HISTA- Outdated. All I really have to say. I still hate the snake though! Gets me everytime.

Space Mountain- Great. I love the musical score. It was a walk-on around 8:30 and hovered around 40 minutes the rest of the day.

Autopia- It bugs me when people call it Auto-topia. Still a relaxing ride. The gridlock at the end needs a lot of work. A shade cover would be nice, and something interactive wouldn't hurt. A screen? Music? Anything? I also thought it would be kind of cool to have little traffic lights at the end instead of a cast member hand.

Castle- Has the giant dream banners on the sides again.

Wait Times- Low until about noon when the mid-day rush appeared. They stayed that way until about 5. Still managable though, especially for summer.

Guest Relations by DCA- I owe you a bifg thank you for letting me in. If you're reading this, I was going to go to City Hall and say something, but I didn't want to inadvertantly get you in trouble.

The story: I'm 15, live in Anaheim Hills, a go alone to Disney usually. Today, I forgot the money I was using for a blackout ticket. Whoops! I had no ride home so I went to GR for a bus schedule. I was short about 9 dollars. They gave me a complimentary admission! Thank you all so much!

Sorry I didn't have any pics and excuse the negative comments- I still love the place and always will, but I pick up on things that aren't right sometimes.

Oh, and here are some pics I got whi;e I was there from photopass. Apparently it's free now... but you have to buy prints. They say you can e-mail pics and everything so here they are:

Last edited by Eric5675; 07-10-2008 at 08:07 AM. Reason: *More Information and Pics*
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Banned User

Disneyland, I Go So Much Might As Well Live There!
    Blog Entries

Re: First Trip Report! 7/9/08

That is so awesome of them!!! Good you had a fun time!!

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Very generous that they let you in complimentary. Bravo Disney!

• "I Break Things"

Wow... glad to know they were able to spread some magic.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• Senior Monorail Minion

So am I. It really meant a lot to me. I cried I was so happy.
    WELCOME ABOARD

In Sleeping Beauty Castle's Darkest Chamber

Nice little report you got there

CHECK OUT MY NEW MUSIC LOOP THAT I DESIGNED
    FOR AUTUMN TIME AT DISNEYLAND!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL6fk6Ua54k

With kindest regards,
    Maleficent Fan

disneymusicsamples | magicmusic.net

• WDW CP Spring 2013

Wow, that was very nice of them. What were you going to say if you don't mind me asking

Great first trip report! Hope to see more from you.

• Senior Monorail Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Indiana_James View Post
    Wow, that was very nice of them. What were you going to say if you don't mind me asking
    I was just going to say that they were very nice for allowing me in and that they were very sympathetic and compasionate. However, I just wasn't sure about the ticket thing. I really didn't want to get them in trouble by accident
    WELCOME ABOARD

•   
    • Damn Good Burger!

Thanks for the TR - I enjoy reading pictureless reports every so often, nice job.

•   
    • Senior Minion

Enjoyable TR and that was really great that GR took care of you.

•   
    • Kerplookee

Quote Originally Posted by Legally Brunette View Post
    Enjoyable TR and that was really great that GR took care of you.
    GrouchyRob, you are a saint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpee View Post
    I only care for Disney bling!

• I'm not really here

Awesome first report! Loved the pictures. Great info on blue, and how wonderful that they let you in like that.

Our revels now are ended. These our actors, As I foretold you, were all spirits and Are melted into air, into thin air: And, like the baseless fabric of this vision, The cloud-capp'd towers, the gorgeous palaces, The solemn temples, the great globe itself, Yea, all which it inherit, shall dissolve And, like this insubstantial pageant faded, Leave not a rack behind. We are such stuff As dreams are made on, and our little life Is rounded with a sleep. mycroft16 on Twitter

• Cake Anyone?

Those pictures are cool.
    Taking contributions to get me back to Disneyland!

• "714"

Nice 2 hear that the apple is back @ snow white! awesome!

NO DOUBT SUMMER 09 TOUR!
    MAY 22 SAN DIEGO/AUG 2 IRVINE