Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Senior Monorail Minion

Not sure, but we have a big mouse in town ;)

Re: World of Color Viewing & Dining

I could see a resturant in the little mermaid attraction, but not on top for reasons mentioned above. Ariel's Grotto Character dining doesn't really use the long pier of tables going out into the water, right? That area of the resterant would be a great place to do the dessert table thing. Yo umay get a little wet, but who cares.

The biggest problem from watching on top is that the show is designed to be seen from the front You won't see projections, most effects, just some water shooting up. It wouldn't be a view worth paying for.

Lastly, this is slightly off topic but the great thing about this show is less crowds. Unlike the ROA, you can circle the entire lagoon for this show. Everyone will have a great view no matter what... well, it'll be close but you know what I mean...
    WELCOME ABOARD
    THE DISNEYLAND MONORAIL SYSTEM!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Eric5675 View Post
    Yo umay get a little wet, but who cares.
    I've been hearing that they're going to add some covering thing to protect guests watching World of Color in the Cove Bar from getting wet.

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    I've been hearing that they're going to add some covering thing to protect guests watching World of Color in the Cove Bar from getting wet.
    True, but this is only if theres enough money in the budget left. Ariels is the last location to go down for rehab. We might not even see a re-themeing. They dont want to close the only place in DCA that makes money.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by crazyguy7965 View Post
    They dont want to close the only place in DCA that makes money.
    Is it really?

• Oo-de-lally

That is a great Idea. I hope that they do not do an exclusive thing like Club 33. It would be better if it was more like the Blue Bayou. An upscale dinning experience that everyone can enjoy. Not just the rich and famous.
    Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
    Golly, what a day

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Craigroy8287 View Post
    Not just the rich and famous.
    Although you do have to be pretty rich to eat at Blue Bayou. I sure as hell can't afford to eat there.

• Senior Minion

I do think the trees and the height of the building would be an issue, but both could easily be dealt with, it they planned for this.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    I say no. Ariel's Grotto is still going to be there with slightly different theming, & a different name that'd be perfect for viewing World of Color. There would be no need to have another restaurant so near (and with an almost identical theme, seeing as it would be on top of the Little Mermaid attraction).
    Well, I disagree. The water show is facing the wrong direction, so the view from the Ariel's Grotto will be to to side. Have to seen the concept art? That's why they are putting in a VIEWING SECTION.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MainSreetJake View Post
    Well, I disagree. The water show is facing the wrong direction, so the view from the Ariel's Grotto will be to to side. Have to seen the concept art? That's why they are putting in a VIEWING SECTION.
    I would think that you're right, that this view wouldn't be great, but I do think that many people would still watch the show from the Cove anyway. I do believe that the view from on top of TLM would be excellent, as long as it wasn't blocked by trees.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12