Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Senior Minion

World of Color Viewing & Dining

Here's another idea for Paradse Pier. The rumor that they might be putting a Club 33 like restaurant above the Carthay theater inspired this idea. Why not put a restaurant above the Little Mermaid attraction that would also provide WoC viewing? That would be an incredible location for a restaurant and provide an amazing view of the show. It would also be a very efficient use of space and replace the loss of Arial's Grotto. What do you think?
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Fancy that...

Re: World of Color Viewing & Dining

Yeah, good thinking again Uncle Bob!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota
    They should do a dessert thing like they did for Fantasmic! before the Gallery was converted into the Dream Suite.

• Banned User

I say no. Ariel's Grotto is still going to be there with slightly different theming, & a different name that'd be perfect for viewing World of Color. There would be no need to have another restaurant so near (and with an almost identical theme, seeing as it would be on top of the Little Mermaid attraction).

• Senior Minion

Ariel's is going to have a totally different theme now, and this would provide an even better view of the show, why not plan for the future and use the land efficiently. DLR is going to need to have a more vertical design because land is limited. It could also be neat if it was like a mezzanine and you could look down into the attraction from various locations within the restaurant. It could be totally immersively themed like the ride, and blend right in, almost like the Blue Bayou. I think I also had a few more good points about it, but I can't think of them right now.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Closed Account

I like your idea of having a Blue Bayou type restaurant, but all this mention of the Wonderful World of Color makes me think it would be really cool to have a restaurant like Animator's Palate on the Disney Cruise Line. For those of you not familiar with Animator's Palate, it is a restaurant where as you dine the walls change from black and white sketches to full color animations, and the music and the costumes of the waiters change as well. I think this would fit very well with the Wonderful World of Color. I think a good way to manage it would be to have regular full meal seatings scheduled throughout the day (11:00, 1:30, 3:00, 4:30, 6:00, 7:30) and then have a special (and more expensive) dessert and coffee seating to take place during the Wonderful World of Color that incorporates the Wonderful World of Color soundtrack and show into the dining experience, so people can watch the show and enjoy dessert at the same time.

• Knight that says Nee!!

Rather than Club 33, which is exclusive, I would prefer a "Blue Bayou" type resturant where on one side you can look down on a portion of the LM ride and on the other side you'd have a view of the park and when it is performed, WOC. That way visitors have an actual chance of getting into it and enjoying it.

If you meant Club 33 in the way of fancy cuisine but with out the strict membership requirement, then disregard my whole comment and accept my agreement.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
    Rather than Club 33, which is exclusive, I would prefer a "Blue Bayou" type resturant where on one side you can look down on a portion of the LM ride and on the other side you'd have a view of the park and when it is performed, WOC. That way visitors have an actual chance of getting into it and enjoying it.

If you meant Club 33 in the way of fancy cuisine but with out the strict membership requirement, then disregard my whole comment and accept my agreement.
    I only was using Club 33 as a reference because it was refered to in regard to the rumor about the Carthay and Fireworks viewing. I would want this location to just be a nice restaurant without any sort of membership.
    -Walt Disney

• Diva Extrodinaire

[quote=FantasmicPrincess;2954221]I like your idea of having a Blue Bayou type restaurant, but all this mention of the Wonderful World of Color makes me think it would be really cool to have a restaurant like Animator's Palate on the Disney Cruise Line. quote]

Ooh, I like! I like! Replace the Ariel's Grotto.
    ONE TWO THREE NOT ONLY YOU AND ME

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MTdizzle94 View Post
    Ooh, I like! I like! Replace the Ariel's Grotto.
    Well I'm afraid Ariel's Grotto is going to become Princess Palace.

• Minion

Blog Entries

I really like the idea of the Animator's Palate type restaurant... This seems like a wonderful idea that woulld work really well with the new show...
    Please help me raise money for children's hospitals by clicking the extra life image.

• Master of Disaster

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Manning View Post
    Well I'm afraid Ariel's Grotto is going to become Princess Palace.

I don't care what they call it as long as there is still a bar!

• I HAVE A HIDDEN MICKEY

Quote Originally Posted by zugzug15 View Post
    um...WORD.
    Did you know that 87% of spoken statistics are made up on the spot?

I like the idea, the only problem i see is sitelines.

The height would overpower the side facing the grizzly area. Also the WOC viewing area is suppose to be landscaped with trees i wonder if the trees would become a problem for a viewing area that would sit so far back from the water level

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by zugzug15 View Post
    Oh don't worry, the Cove Bar will still be there, & from what I've heard, will be a great viewing area for World of Color.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    The height would overpower the side facing the grizzly area. Also the WOC viewing area is suppose to be landscaped with trees i wonder if the trees would become a problem for a viewing area that would sit so far back from the water level
    Yeah, I agree. While trees might make the area look nicer during the day, they wouldn't be good for viewing the show.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast