Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast

• Adventures with Duffy

Re: Duffy The Disney Bear - Discussion

• Journey On!

Red Face Re: Duffy The Disney Bear - Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    That does not look like Duffy though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    I agree the look of the bear could have been better. It didn't look like Duffy to me, but I think it will be okay for the states parks…
    I was having a very rare moment of optimistic acquiescence, but you guys had to go and tell the truth! Oh well, one less thing to want, I guess.^^

• Banned User

Ohh I see Duffy got his own forum section!!

• Future Indy Castmember

For those who have Facebook, I found the official Duffy Fan Page. So head on over and like the page!

Duffy the Disney Bear | Facebook

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Banned User

Here is something that has been perplexing me for some time... should I remove the tags from Duffy? That is, the storybook tag and the "authentic Disney Parks" tag. They are sort of a bother when holding Duffy but they seem to be too special to remove. Though, since I don't have Duffy just to let him sit on a shelf - I actually plan to take him places - I don't think removing the tags would be a big deal. Any suggestions?

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    Here is something that has been perplexing me for some time... should I remove the tags from Duffy? That is, the storybook tag and the "authentic Disney Parks" tag. They are sort of a bother when holding Duffy but they seem to be too special to remove. Though, since I don't have Duffy just to let him sit on a shelf - I actually plan to take him places - I don't think removing the tags would be a big deal. Any suggestions?
    I removed both tags from my Duffy. I would say remove both but save the storybook tag.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    For those who have Facebook, I found the official Duffy Fan Page. So head on over and like the page!

Duffy the Disney Bear | Facebook
    Will do! Thanks for the heads-up!

Have a question...is it okay to dress Duffy in pink baby clothes? Would that be weird? I have some baby clothes from a few baby dolls I used to collect, and some of them fit Duffy. One of them is a cute pink sleeper sort of thing; I've been looking for kinda' flannel pajamas for him but haven't seen much so far that I like.

Any ideas? I went to Build-A-Bear in Downtown Disney briefly tonight after I purchased my Duffys from DCA; didn't have too much time to spend there, but it seems they have cuter stuff online. And DCA didn't have much of a selection for Duffy at Treasures of Paradise. Most of the cute things I see are online.

Also, should Duffy be left in clothes for long periods of time or will it flatten out his fur? How long do you leave him in clothes and do you give him a rest from being dressed once in a while? I'm concerned that if I keep clothes on him for very long, he won't be as soft & his fur might get matted down. Thanks for any suggestions!

• Banned User

His fur is very soft, and made of polyester, I doubt it would matted down. I have in clothes all the time and he's still soft and fluffy. The clothes do not flatten his fur. I can't imagine how that would happen.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    His fur is very soft, and made of polyester, I doubt it would matted down. I have in clothes all the time and he's still soft and fluffy. The clothes do not flatten his fur. I can't imagine how that would happen.
    Same here. My Duffy is still as soft and fluffy as he was when I bought him (and that was on Oct 17th) and he's still in his sailor outfit. Time from time I have him in his chinese outfit, the only other clothing he has.

A CM that I talked to at Treasures last time (wasn't FI183 BTW), mentioned the possibility of more clothes coming in a few months. I hope so, he mentioned a Sorcerors Apprentice costume that he's hoping would come.

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    I remove all the tags, but keep them safe for later. You can always get one of those tag guns for cheap to reattach it if you ever want. As long as you keep the little storybook.

I removed both tags from my Duffy. I would say remove both but save the storybook tag.
    This is what I do. I have a little envelope with all of my Duffy tags. I also save any from special events like the holiday tags. They're cute in and of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffy Lover View Post
    Have a question...is it okay to dress Duffy in pink baby clothes? Would that be weird? I have some baby clothes from a few baby dolls I used to collect, and some of them fit Duffy. One of them is a cute pink sleeper sort of thing; I've been looking for kinda' flannel pajamas for him but haven't seen much so far that I like.

Any ideas? I went to Build-A-Bear in Downtown Disney briefly tonight after I purchased my Duffys from DCA; didn't have too much time to spend there, but it seems they have cuter stuff online. And DCA didn't have much of a selection for Duffy at Treasures of Paradise. Most of the cute things I see are online.

Also, should Duffy be left in clothes for long periods of time or will it flatten out his fur? How long do you leave him in clothes and do you give him a rest from being dressed once in a while? I'm concerned that if I keep clothes on him for very long, he won't be as soft & his fur might get matted down. Thanks for any suggestions!
    With Duffy, you can do whatever you want. He looks cute in the pink PJ's. I know it's kind of weird to see Duffy in a dress, but it's not uncommon. Many Japanese fans dress Duffy as a girl. Pink is not just for girls either, I"m just drawing a comparison to how Japanese fans make Duffy whatever they want. In fact, in America, it's only since World War 2 that the stereotype of pink for girls and blue for boys really stuck. Previously it was reversed, because pink was considered a diluted form of red, so that was more appropriate for boys, while blue was light and airy like the sky, so that was good for girls. So, ultimately, it doesn't matter. If Duffy is happy in his clothes, then he can wear whatever you put him in.

As for keeping him dressed all the time, it's fine. Mine are always wearing some kind of costume and their fur has never gotten matted. I used to worry that the elastic waist bands on some of the pants would make a permanent mark around Duffy's middle, but that hasn't happened either. All of my bears are just as fluffy as the day I got them. There are a few times where I leave them unclothed to see their cute fur, but I love dressing them up, so most of the time they're in some kind of outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    Good to know! Thanks for the info!

Same here. My Duffy is still as soft and fluffy as he was when I bought him (and that was on Oct 17th) and he's still in his sailor outfit. Time from time I have him in his chinese outfit, the only other clothing he has.

A CM that I talked to at Treasures last time (wasn't FI183 BTW), mentioned the possibility of more clothes coming in a few months. I hope so, he mentioned a Sorcerors Apprentice costume that he's hoping would come.
    SO cute! Well, I'm happy to hear from you guys that it's okay; I want to keep my little guys looking new! And I hope they have some more outfits too...I saw a pirate one somewhere online a while ago for him that looked like they may come out with at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post

With Duffy, you can do whatever you want. He looks cute in the pink PJ's. I know it's kind of weird to see Duffy in a dress, but it's not uncommon. Many Japanese fans dress Duffy as a girl. Pink is not just for girls either, I"m just drawing a comparison to how Japanese fans make Duffy whatever they want. In fact, in America, it's only since World War 2 that the stereotype of pink for girls and blue for boys really stuck. Previously it was reversed, because pink was considered a diluted form of red, so that was more appropriate for boys, while blue was light and airy like the sky, so that was good for girls. So, ultimately, it doesn't matter. If Duffy is happy in his clothes, then he can wear whatever you put him in.

As for keeping him dressed all the time, it's fine. Mine are always wearing some kind of costume and their fur has never gotten matted. I used to worry that the elastic waist bands on some of the pants would make a permanent mark around Duffy's middle, but that hasn't happened either. All of my bears are just as fluffy as the day I got them. There are a few times where I leave them unclothed to see their cute fur, but I love dressing them up, so most of the time they're in some kind of outfit.
    Thanks! I thought he looked cute in it too...I guess that's true; just wasn't sure if anyone else did that. But I guess it doesn't matter--like you said, Duffy's whatever you want him to be! And I see guys wear pink, which is cool too...so thanks! And it's interesting to hear that about pink originally being a boy color & blue was for girls before WW2! I just want him to be cute and comfortable---and so far, I think he is happy in this.

Glad to hear that their fur doesn't mat; I wasn't sure, but it looks like Duffy is fine in or out of clothes. My other Duffy is unclothed because he's so cute like that! Thanks so much for being so informative! It's amazing how much these little guys always manage to bring a smile to my face!

• i heart plunging v-necks

Hi guys, just wondering if the salopette costume is still available for purchase in stores?

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by malice View Post
    Hi guys, just wondering if the salopette costume is still available for purchase in stores?
    You know, I always wondered why that costume was called that. Then I had to look it up and found out exactly why. Still, it's an interesting choice instead of, say, "overalls". As for your question, I'm not sure. They have them in stock periodically, I don't know if they do at the moment.

i forgot who said to use baby shampoo to clean Duffy but THANK YOU! it worked really well! and he smells nice as well!!!!

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 291011121314 LastLast