Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 199
  1. #46

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,722

    Re: Duffy The Disney Bear - Discussion

    DuffyDaisuki, your post are really a breath of fresh air! I really enjoy reading your posts and am always excited to hear what you have to say about Duffy! The same goes to all the Duffy fans out there! Today I received my Shellie May straight from Japan! It was such a relief on me since it took a lot longer than expected to arrive! But now that she's here, I've fallen in love and know now even more why I love this bear and will continue to invest in him! I don't know what it is, but Duffy and May really just bring me joy! They are just so cute and their cute innocent stares and smiles just make me remember childlike I really am in my heart! And they also motivate me further to get closer to making the trip to Japan! They have also reignited my the creative part of my brain! I was in a huge creative slump until I got Duffy! I know it sounds cheesy, but having him really motivates me to be creative! I'm starting to sew again and buying patterns to make costumes for the lovable Teddy Bears(I just got to fix my pesky sewing machine!)! I've even set out a space in my room where I will have them on Display and create new display to match the outfits and theme/season! I don't know what it is, but just seeing the level of craftsmanship on the Bear merchandise, which is BEYOND anything we sell stateside, just makes me want to aim for that level of detail! I mean we're talking about a bear! A stuffed plaything, and the outfits are supreme quality! It's almost absurd! But that is why I love Duffy! He brings so much Joy and creativity to me! And I'm surprised my BF hasn't killed me with all this cutesy stuff I'm getting into! He's playing along with it too and likes it as well!

    Well anyways, I just wanted to say why I love Duffy and why he's found his way into my heart! And DuffyDaisuki, if my contact stops being reliable, I would definitely love to be apart of your fanclub!!

    Here's a pic of my current Duffy Display! I've just started but it will get better in time!(And by Xmas, they'll both have their Xmas outfits to fit the theme!
    Last edited by FI183; 12-23-2010 at 01:41 AM.

  2. #47

    • Dolcetto o scherzetto?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,239

    Re: Duffy The Disney Bear - Discussion

    I like how you used the gold ribbon for both the trim and the star. Shellie's head and feet poses are cute - congratulations! Have you seen the Shellie May story on my blog? That story made me love her so much more than I ever thought I would. I'd be really interested in what you think of it.^^

    It makes me happy that more and more people are discovering the Dufflove. Sometimes it can feel like nobody outside of Japan can understand this character.

    That's wonderful that you're actually getting creative, especially with costumes! I have so many plans for photos that I haven't actually done yet. It's easier to work on stuff like that when I have the AP, cos I'm always going to the parks and on a kind of easy-going, playful vibe. Without the Disney distraction, my work and thoughts are fairly serious and I don't focus as much on the fun stuff.

    And don't give up on coming to Tokyo Disney Resort! Besides just being generally awesome, TDS is a Duffy fan's dream - a place where he is honored with appropriate superstar status year-round! Not only in the Resort, either - like Billie Jean*, he's everywhere.

    *Not Michael Jackson's^^

  3. #48

    • Munchings & Crunchings
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,491

    Re: Duffy The Disney Bear - Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    DuffyDaisuki, your post are really a breath of fresh air! I really enjoy reading your posts and am always excited to hear what you have to say about Duffy! The same goes to all the Duffy fans out there! Today I received my Shellie May straight from Japan! It was such a relief on me since it took a lot longer than expected to arrive! But now that she's here, I've fallen in love and know now even more why I love this bear and will continue to invest in him! I don't know what it is, but Duffy and May really just bring me joy! They are just so cute and their cute innocent stares and smiles just make me remember childlike I really am in my heart! And they also motivate me further to get closer to making the trip to Japan! They have also reignited my the creative part of my brain! I was in a huge creative slump until I got Duffy! I know it sounds cheesy, but having him really motivates me to be creative! I'm starting to sew again and buying patterns to make costumes for the lovable Teddy Bears(I just got to fix my pesky sewing machine!)! I've even set out a space in my room where I will have them on Display and create new display to match the outfits and theme/season! I don't know what it is, but just seeing the level of craftsmanship on the Bear merchandise, which is BEYOND anything we sell stateside, just makes me want to aim for that level of detail! I mean we're talking about a bear! A stuffed plaything, and the outfits are supreme quality! It's almost absurd! But that is why I love Duffy! He brings so much Joy and creativity to me! And I'm surprised my BF hasn't killed me with all this cutesy stuff I'm getting into! He's playing along with it too and likes it as well!

    Well anyways, I just wanted to say why I love Duffy and why he's found his way into my heart! And DuffyDaisuki, if my contact stops being reliable, I would definitely love to be apart of your fanclub!!

    Here's a pic of my current Duffy Display! I've just started but it will get better in time!(And by Xmas, they'll both have their Xmas outfits to fit the theme!
    Very cute display! I actually feel pretty much the same way you do about Duffy. When I first started collecting, it was just like a little creative lightbulb. I don't know what it is about this bear, but he does make me smile, and helps me to design and be creative just a little better. I think it really does have to do with the quality of his TDS costumes, and the artwork and decorations they create for him. It's merchandise, yes, but personally, it inspires me. I love seeing what design concepts the Duffy team will come up with next. Usually I'm pleasantly surprised. I'm addicted to buying the costumes, LOL!

    I also have a "Duffy corner"...well, more like spread out in the room, but I want to dedicate even more space to him and Shellie May. I have so many costumes now that I want to buy an actual dresser for their clothes and decorated it with Duffy logos & artwork...classy of course...I don't do tacky. Duffy and now Shellie, make me want to make stuff! I just wish I could sew...I have zero skills in that department, otherwise I would be making my own costumes for them too. I have plenty of pattern ideas, I just can't thread a needle or use a sewing machine...

    Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    I like how you used the gold ribbon for both the trim and the star. Shellie's head and feet poses are cute - congratulations! Have you seen the Shellie May story on my blog? That story made me love her so much more than I ever thought I would. I'd be really interested in what you think of it.^^

    It makes me happy that more and more people are discovering the Dufflove. Sometimes it can feel like nobody outside of Japan can understand this character.

    That's wonderful that you're actually getting creative, especially with costumes! I have so many plans for photos that I haven't actually done yet. It's easier to work on stuff like that when I have the AP, cos I'm always going to the parks and on a kind of easy-going, playful vibe. Without the Disney distraction, my work and thoughts are fairly serious and I don't focus as much on the fun stuff.

    And don't give up on coming to Tokyo Disney Resort! Besides just being generally awesome, TDS is a Duffy fan's dream - a place where he is honored with appropriate superstar status year-round! Not only in the Resort, either - like Billie Jean*, he's everywhere.

    *Not Michael Jackson's^^
    And you are a huge part of why I fell in love with Duffy in the first place. I knew about him before, but your infectious postings in late 2008/early 2009 got me interested and then hooked. And you know the story since then, LOL! I just wish it was easier to gather, chat, & share from our various locations around the world.

  4. #49

    • Future Indy Castmember
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Torrance, California, United States
    Posts
    5,538

    Re: Duffy The Disney Bear - Discussion

    So I was thinking at DCA last night on what other kind of treats they can have for Duffy. As I type this, i'm eating the Duffy Chocolate Cup I bought from the Pacific Wharf Cafe last night. While good, I think there should be more than just the choc cup and Rice Krispie treat.

    What kind of treats does TDS have for Duffy?



    Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011



    The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

  5. #50

    • Munchings & Crunchings
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    2,491

    Re: Duffy The Disney Bear - Discussion

    Well, each holiday season they have a dessert, and a pudding/mousse. They come with the cute, ceramic cups & plates. It's usually some kind of seasonally appropriate fruit tart and matching mousse. They've had pumpkin, raspberry, milk-tea, etc. Then they have a big cookie sometimes. I know they did for Christmas, and it was maple flavor. Also, there is now Duffy popcorn. Milk-tea flavored in a special Duffy bucket (they've also recently done Halloween and Christmas versions of the normal bucket).

    This, in addition to the tins and boxes of omiyage cookies, candy, and treats. But, those aren't limited to just Duffy...they just happen to be Duffy shaped and come in Duffy containers.

    I think the US treats are a good start, but they could do more. But, then the US parks are not nearly as good about seasonal treats at TDR as a whole.

  6. #51

    • Future Indy Castmember
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Torrance, California, United States
    Posts
    5,538

    Re: Duffy The Disney Bear - Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Well, each holiday season they have a dessert, and a pudding/mousse. They come with the cute, ceramic cups & plates. It's usually some kind of seasonally appropriate fruit tart and matching mousse. They've had pumpkin, raspberry, milk-tea, etc. Then they have a big cookie sometimes. I know they did for Christmas, and it was maple flavor. Also, there is now Duffy popcorn. Milk-tea flavored in a special Duffy bucket (they've also recently done Halloween and Christmas versions of the normal bucket).

    This, in addition to the tins and boxes of omiyage cookies, candy, and treats. But, those aren't limited to just Duffy...they just happen to be Duffy shaped and come in Duffy containers.

    I think the US treats are a good start, but they could do more. But, then the US parks are not nearly as good about seasonal treats at TDR as a whole.
    They can try at least. If the Mickey themed popcorn buckets can sell well, then Duffy themed items can have the potential too.



    Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011



    The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

  7. #52

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,387

    Re: Duffy The Disney Bear - Discussion

    People seemed to be attracted to the popcorn buckets because they could double as trick-or-treat buckets and were just downright adorable. A Duffy popcorn bucket would be great to have, I think they would sell just as well as the ghost buckets.

  8. #53

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    DCA
    Posts
    82

    Re: Duffy The Disney Bear - Discussion

    saw a little girl about 5 or 6 at work today with a shellie may bear ..... in my head i pictured myself snatching it away and running

  9. #54

    • Dolcetto o scherzetto?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,239

    Re: Duffy The Disney Bear - Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by flylikadove22 View Post
    saw a little girl about 5 or 6 at work today with a shellie may bear ..... in my head i pictured myself snatching it away and running
    I always love your posts, but this is my new favorite!^^

  10. #55

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,722

    Re: Duffy The Disney Bear - Discussion

    Double post
    Last edited by FI183; 12-24-2010 at 11:41 AM.

  11. #56

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,722

    Re: Duffy The Disney Bear - Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    I like how you used the gold ribbon for both the trim and the star. Shellie's head and feet poses are cute - congratulations! Have you seen the Shellie May story on my blog? That story made me love her so much more than I ever thought I would. I'd be really interested in what you think of it.^^

    It makes me happy that more and more people are discovering the Dufflove. Sometimes it can feel like nobody outside of Japan can understand this character.

    That's wonderful that you're actually getting creative, especially with costumes! I have so many plans for photos that I haven't actually done yet. It's easier to work on stuff like that when I have the AP, cos I'm always going to the parks and on a kind of easy-going, playful vibe. Without the Disney distraction, my work and thoughts are fairly serious and I don't focus as much on the fun stuff.

    And don't give up on coming to Tokyo Disney Resort! Besides just being generally awesome, TDS is a Duffy fan's dream - a place where he is honored with appropriate superstar status year-round! Not only in the Resort, either - like Billie Jean*, he's everywhere.

    *Not Michael Jackson's^^
    Grrr! I typed a whole response but it got deleted cause Micechat's having a database error!!!!

    Thanks a loton the compliments! I spent some time trying to think up a Christmas Display for this year since I didn't really do anything for my room last year. It started with the tree and grew from there! I have some great things planned for the Sweet Duffy costumes I hope to work on!

    I read and really enjoyed your story of Shellie May! It was so cute and emotional it even got me a little teary eyed! I really loved the taffy and lightboat elements! They really brought the whole story together and added more depth to her existence! I really hope OLC takes notice of your story and starts implementing them to her background. One thing is for sure! I will always think of your story when I design/create/ and play with Shellie May and Duffy! Thank you so much for taking the time to come up with such a creative story!

  12. #57

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,722

    Re: Duffy The Disney Bear - Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Very cute display! I actually feel pretty much the same way you do about Duffy. When I first started collecting, it was just like a little creative lightbulb. I don't know what it is about this bear, but he does make me smile, and helps me to design and be creative just a little better. I think it really does have to do with the quality of his TDS costumes, and the artwork and decorations they create for him. It's merchandise, yes, but personally, it inspires me. I love seeing what design concepts the Duffy team will come up with next. Usually I'm pleasantly surprised. I'm addicted to buying the costumes, LOL!

    I also have a "Duffy corner"...well, more like spread out in the room, but I want to dedicate even more space to him and Shellie May. I have so many costumes now that I want to buy an actual dresser for their clothes and decorated it with Duffy logos & artwork...classy of course...I don't do tacky. Duffy and now Shellie, make me want to make stuff! I just wish I could sew...I have zero skills in that department, otherwise I would be making my own costumes for them too. I have plenty of pattern ideas, I just can't thread a needle or use a sewing machine...
    Thank you! I'm so glad there are other people who understand and feel the same way I do about Duffy! When I tell my friends, they think I'm insane(although I kinda am LOL)! I would love to see pics of your Duffy corner! And it's really easy to use a sewing machine! And with today's tech I'm sure there are videos or instructions on how to use one! But the best way is to take a class.

    Oh I love reading your blog I learned a lot about Duffys background form your blog!

  13. #58

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    301

    Re: Duffy The Disney Bear - Discussion

    Ah so he is the mascot of the Tokyo Disney sea? interesting.

    I think I may get the couple on my trip this feb to Disneyworld.

    How mush does the suits and the bears go? are there american parks exclusive clothes for them? in how many colors and sizes does the bears come?

  14. #59

    • Future Indy Castmember
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Torrance, California, United States
    Posts
    5,538

    Re: Duffy The Disney Bear - Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire-Light View Post
    Ah so he is the mascot of the Tokyo Disney sea? interesting.

    I think I may get the couple on my trip this feb to Disneyworld.

    How mush does the suits and the bears go? are there american parks exclusive clothes for them? in how many colors and sizes does the bears come?
    The suits for the 17 inch here cost $15 each. The 17 inch Duffy is at $25. I haven't checked the price on the larger Duffy bears but it costs more. The smaller ones I think are the same price as the 17 inch or cheaper but has the costume already stitched on it.

    The bear itself is one color but the costumes are of different styles and colors.

    I'm not sure if there is any actual "exlusive" costumes in North America, but I'm sure FutureImagineer183 can give you more precise info about the Duffy Merch.



    Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011



    The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

  15. #60

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    3,722

    Re: Duffy The Disney Bear - Discussion

    ^Thanks!

    17" Duffy plush - $25
    17" Duffy Costume - $15
    12" Seasonal Duffy with costume(right now we have 2011, Christmas, My First Duffy, and Valentines) - $25
    24" Duffy - $60
    KeyChain and Magnets - $8
    Wristlet - $12

    You can find most of the same costumes in Disneyland and WDW. WDW has a little more though. But we just got this costume in today! Which is exclusive to DCA. WDW also has a few exclusive items as well. They have the 40th Anniversary 12" bear and I'm sure they have their own version of the costume below.
    Last edited by FI183; 12-24-2010 at 11:22 PM.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Trip Report] The Forbidden Eye meets Duffy the Disney Bear 10/17/10
    By The Forbidden Eye in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 10-19-2010, 11:49 AM
  2. [Chat] Best outfits for Duffy The Disney Bear
    By MikkiMausu99 in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 114
    Last Post: 01-09-2010, 03:45 PM
  3. [Pictures] The story of Duffy the Disney Bear, with pictures.
    By gurgi in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-29-2009, 07:12 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •