Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Duffy The Disney Bear - Discussion

You know at first I was mad about the 12" Duffy series they're releasing in the US Parks(and still kinda bothered by them), but I really have to admit, they are VERY cute! Duffy's face looks so much cuter in a slightly smaller form! It really does make a difference, and I can see collectors wanting to get every new 12" one they release, but it still is just a marketing scheme.

• Banned User

The DCA Duffy outfit is too cute. I hope they do more park exclusives.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: Duffy The Disney Bear - Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    But we just got this costume in today! Which is exclusive to DCA. WDW also has a few exclusive items as well...
    This is actually cute! And exclusive! They're starting to get it!^^ Now if they just go a little more fashionista and a little less American tourist, they'll really be on to something! I, despite myself, really kinda like the baseball uniform, too. I know, contradicting myself there. So be it.

Christmas is officially over in Tokyo. Hope you guys enjoy the rest of your holiday in the rest of the world.

Thanks for the info

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Talking Re: Duffy The Disney Bear - Discussion

I really hope that DCA set is a sign of the Duffy planners thinking about more context-specific costumes for Duffy. Keep us posted when anything new comes in, FutureImagineer!
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 12-26-2010 at 05:00 PM. Reason: It's a surprise!^^

• Munchings & Crunchings

The only thing about that DCA shirt for Duffy, is that what happens when he makes his second visit to DCA? He can't wear that shirt anymore, LOL!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    I really hope that DCA set is a sign of the Duffy planners thinking about more context-specific costumes for Duffy. Keep us posted when anything new comes in, FutureImagineer!
    Wouldn't that be great! Imagine taking Duffy on a stroll through Paradise Pier with Duffy dressed in his Victorian Sunday best.

I got a Duffy from my wonderful aunt, uncle, and cousin today from their recent trip to WDW. I was so happy as I have been wanting him for a long time. He is even cuter in person. Can't wait to take my Duffy on adventures and take pictures to capture them.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Talking Re: Duffy The Disney Bear - Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    Wouldn't that be great! Imagine taking Duffy on a stroll through Paradise Pier with Duffy dressed in his Victorian Sunday best.
    Right? That's it exactly! More specific "tourist" costumes are a step up, for sure, but the whole point of Duffy is that he's not a park guest - the Disney park worlds are his reality. That's how he pulls us in. Storybooks done in the Tokyo style, with artistic renderings of park locales, will help a lot, too, and my guess is that they're coming. The costumes have to be themed appropriately and constructed to feel "real." That's the definition of "Disney magic" - the extra step, the unnecessary detail. But DCA is definitely taking a step in the right direction. Your idea, though, is much better!^^ And I'd be shocked if some of the people who can make that happen aren't reading these boards. I bet we'll see your idea in the not too distant future, Stevo. Come on, Disney! You know we love you! Love us back and let us pay you for it!

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    I got a Duffy from my wonderful aunt, uncle, and cousin today from their recent trip to WDW.
    Awesome! What a great Christmas gift!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I spread the love of Duffy this weekend. Giving one to my mom, and another to my friend's 17month old daughter. She (the 17mo old) gave it a big hug. My friend actually likes it more than her daughter does! And then I told her they can go buy it outfits, she grew even more intrigued (she's a clothes-a-holic).

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    ...And then I told her they can go buy it outfits, she grew even more intrigued (she's a clothes-a-holic).

• Adventures with Duffy

Oh no! That DCA t-shirt is cute. I think I may have to support the cheaper Duffy clothes and get one. lol My Duffy does where BaB so I guess Disney Parks State Side shouldn't be any worse. rofl. We all need play clothes that are on the cheaper side.

I too hope this t-shirt can only be bought at DCA and I hope they do the same thing for Epcot(although I hope it says my first trip to Epcot and not DCA lol)

I still have the hardest time. The new hooded jacket from TDS, is amazing, so cute. And DCA gets a t-shirt????? Something is so wrong with this. And people collect pricey pins????? I so don't get this.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: Duffy The Disney Bear - Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    Oh no! That DCA t-shirt is cute. I think I may have to support the cheaper Duffy clothes and get one...
    Slummin' Duffy!

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    I still have the hardest time. The new hooded jacket from TDS, is amazing, so cute. And DCA gets a t-shirt????? Something is so wrong with this. And people collect pricey pins????? I so don't get this.
    On the one hand, I have to admit that I like the idea that Tokyo still represents "Duffy Couture," at least for a while (and I am SO excited about the shopping service now!). On the other hand, though, I really don't understand why they followed the cheaper and almost generic model that failed before when they had TDS/OLC's luxury product positioning strategy to use as a model that led to overwhelming and unprecedented success. I really think they should go with your idea, Janell, and at least float some of the Tokyo costumes as options.

However, as a Tokyo local, I would only want the "standard" non-seasonal outfits to be available overseas. "Sweet Duffy" isn't as special if you can buy that costume just anywhere, and I would actually really hate to see "Sweet Duffy" sucked into "One Disney." It's not even a "DisneySEA" event - it's just for Cape Cod, "Duffy's hometown." I always the chance to say that.^^

• Banned User

Right. But I think DCA and Epcot should follow the example of supreme outfit quality while offering unique seasonal releases. I think a "Hello from Paradise Pier" event would be fantastic. Then they could offer outfits unique to the Parks themes, such as Hollywood and the great wilderness.

• Banned User

Exactly! I really don't get why Disney is Producing such low quality costumes! Are they really that oblivious? The only reason Duffy is here is because he's so popular in Japan. And why is he popular? Because of the high quality merchandise! It's a complete paradox! They're expecting the same success with only half the work! Don't they realize people have access to the Internet? People will look up Duffy and see the high quality costumes in Japan and want to get those instead! I really don't get disney! In a world connected as it is they should know what the consumer want because they post it on places like this! Yet they keep crippling themselves with horrible product! It makes no sense! Please Disney invest more on your brand! Gives us TDS quality costumes and I won't have to go out of my way to NOT buy directly from you!

• Banned User

Yup. I wish Disney would get out of the "let's get a rag, draw on it, then sell it and call it clothing!" mindset.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast