Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Duffy The Disney Bear - Discussion

That music sure is catchy! Who wouldn't want to dance to it?

• Felice Natale!

Thanks for the video, nonob88! I wish he moved as fast as the music, though... That tune really is infectiously delightful!

• Felice Natale!

re: Duffy The Disney Bear - Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    ...I'm not sure about the fishing set. I'm not into fishing, and neither is my Duffy...
    Tricking living things into impaling themselves on sharp metal hooks, whether he eats them or not, just doesn't jive with my image of Duffy at all!

Rain gear would be great for a re-release, I agree.
    This is really an expectation for me this year; I'll be extremely disappointed (and very surprised) if they don't do it. I hope they keep the hood design, with its ears and stitching, as that element is freaking awesome! But I hope the overall design concept and color palette is more like what we're seeing for this month's "Hello From Cape Cod," classic and sophisticated. Ageless and timeless. I hope it's hooded long coats, with golashes. Or, the classic fisherman's rain gear, like the Mickey statue in Cape Cod. Shellie really does need a rain release. I suppose really, this month's duffel coats almost work, but I'd like to see something that would practically protect the actual plush as well as the 2009 rain set does.

• Munchings & Crunchings

That is a cute video. I like the little dingy with the flowers in it too. Duffy's DCA photo location is so much better looking than the one at EPCOT. More in keeping with the nautical theme. I like that Duffy is having fun even when not taking pictures with guests.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Yeah, with shoes. You know what? Ever since Shellie May's debut...well, not counting Sweet Duffy 2010, they have not released any shoes with the costumes.

On one hand, I love seeing their feet, because part of the charm are the paws. On the other, I like shoes to go with the outfits. It would be great if they could figure out a compromise, and print the paw print on the bottom of the shoes, like they did with the Halloween cat, and winter sleepwear sets. Oh, and I've got to say that the one and only pair of shoes they did release for Shellie May (Sweet Duffy 2010) are absolutely adorable! I love the look of the red Maryjanes on her, they make me think of Lisa Simpson for some reason.

So...if they do a rain gear set for both, I agree with you, I hope it has top-to-bottom coverage, boots included! Personally, I would love the color for Shellie's raincoat to be a teal, or a light shade of aqua blue. Not pink...she's got too many pink things already, they need to work with complimentary colors to her pink fur.

• Felice Natale!

Thumbs up re: Duffy The Disney Bear - Discussion

...Personally, I would love the color for Shellie's raincoat to be a teal, or a light shade of aqua blue. Not pink...she's got too many pink things already, they need to work with complimentary colors to her pink fur.
    Sometimes it really is like we're shariing a brain. I actually stopped short of writing about color yesterday when I posted because I couldn't decide what color I wanted for Duffy. I kept thinking if it's like Mickey's fisherman-style raingear I'd want it to be yellow and iconic, but they already did yellow... But for Shellie, I kept thiinking "light blue," to bring out her eyes. Light blue really is a much more effective color for her than pink. In fact, the mittens I got for each of them to match the upcoming "Hello From Cape Cod" releases are white for Duffy and baby blue for Shellie. I think they'll be perfect complements for the stripes in both outfits. Sadly, photos may have to wait; there's been a delay with Shellie's "bones."

I can't wait to go and check a bunch of new stuff off my list! The "Hello From Cape Cod" outfits release tomorrow; hopefully they'll update the site for Sweet Duffy.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Sometimes it really is like we're shariing a brain. I actually stopped short of writing about color yesterday when I posted because I couldn't decide what color I wanted for Duffy. I kept thinking if it's like Mickey's fisherman-style raingear I'd want it to be yellow and iconic, but they already did yellow... But for Shellie, I kept thiinking "light blue," to bring out her eyes. Light blue really is a much more effective color for her than pink. In fact, the mittens I got for each of them to match the upcoming "Hello From Cape Cod" releases are white for Duffy and baby blue for Shellie. I think they'll be perfect complements for the stripes in both outfits. Sadly, photos may have to wait; there's been a delay with Shellie's "bones."

I can't wait to go and check a bunch of new stuff off my list! The "Hello From Cape Cod" outfits release tomorrow; hopefully they'll update the site for Sweet Duffy.
    LOL, yeah, I've noticed we've had a lot of similar thoughts. I was thinking about a color for Duffy too, and although yellow is a classic choice, they did that for the first one. If I had my own choice of something other than yellow for him, I would pick either a light green, like grass, or maybe red. If Shellie's was a light blue though, it would have to be a similar tone. I found a cool color chart on Wikipedia that has shades of green on it.

Category:Shades of green - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For Duffy, I would choose Celadon, Moss Green, or possibly Paris Green. So many possibilities!

Here's the blue page:

Category:Shades of blue - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For Shellie's coat, I would pick either Tiffany blue, Carolina blue, or Baby blue.

Oh, and I hope your Shellie recovers soon, LOL! I have a question for you though. Does her head list to one side without the skeleton? I wonder if all of the bears have that problem because of her smaller neck. Mine tilts to her left.

• I see mouse people

Blog Entries

i'm still attempting to get my first Duffy (I have forgotten to go to DCA every time we've been at DL) so please forgive my questions if the answers are obvious

Can Duffy be purchased at the World of Disney in Downtown Disney or just at the Duffy area in DCA?

The new outfits are only for the 17"? I assume they also have to be purchased in person, at DCA?

Why don't I have Duffy and that pirate outfit already???!?!!!!

• Munchings & Crunchings

The pirate outfit hasn't been released yet, so you're not too late on that one. Neither have the character costumes, like Buzz, Woody, & Sorcerer Mickey. Those are "future release concepts".

I'm sure somebody like FutureImagineer, who works at DCA has way more current info, but from what I know, you can't buy Duffy at World of Disney. He's only at Treasures in Paradise inside DCA. WDW is another matter, Duffy is all over property there.

The individual costumes only fit the 17" bear, yes. They do sell 12" versions with costumes swen on, like the holiday and special occasion ones. Unfortunately, they don't make the 17" holiday costumes...I sure wish they did.

Any tips on how to clean Duffy? Mine looks like I've had him 10 years when I've only had him a few months!

• Banned User

From the label:

Care:
    Toy may be surface cleaned with warm water. Air dry, then brush to restore appearance of plush fabric.

Quote Originally Posted by flylikadove22 View Post
    Any tips on how to clean Duffy? Mine looks like I've had him 10 years when I've only had him a few months!
    I don't own a Duffy yet, but I do get great results washing my plushies using baby Johnson shampoo is very soft, mild and it cleans very well , I used the one for curly hair since that how my hair is.

• Future Indy Castmember

So on my recent trip to DLR, I attempted find the Duffy Pins again. But no luck again .

Am I looking at the wrong stores or did the pins sell out?

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Banned User

They have them in Treasures and Enginear Toys. They sell out fast though, a lot people are asking for them. And there's even one guy who comes in the mornings to buy all of them. So we don't put them out in the mornings anymore because it's not fair for one guest to buy all the pins(we can't say anything if they do) and sell them at inflated prices on eBay. So next time ask the CM cause we might be hiding some in the back.

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    They have them in Treasures and Enginear Toys. They sell out fast though, a lot people are asking for them. And there's even one guy who comes in the mornings to buy all of them. So we don't put them out in the mornings anymore because it's not fair for one guest to buy all the pins(we can't say anything if they do) and sell them at inflated prices on eBay. So next time ask the CM cause we might be hiding some in the back.
    I'll be sure to ask next time. So now even Duffy Pins are selling out! Never in my life did I have to hunt down certain pins until now.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast