Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Re: TDS Duffy Shopping Service

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Oh, and for anybody looking for a good bag to carry Duffy around in, check this out.

Japan Tokyo Disneyland Disney Resort Duffy Bear Bag - eBay (item 130470654572 end time Jan-31-11 06:49:17 PST)

It is a tote bag from 2009 that was part of the "Cape Cod Seasons" series. And, the price here is $49, but that's actually a good deal considering the bag was about $70 when it was brand new. I have this bag and it's very cute, and fits Duffy perfectly.
    I think that bag is ¥5800 in the park! If you've ever thought about buying a Duffy bag, I strongly suggest you jump on this auction NOW! Nice find, Gurgi. And sorry, cos that's much cheaper than yours. That's cheaper than RETAIL, and there are multiples... Something fishy about this, but it looks authentic. I actually haven't been since Christmas and didn't go in Aunt Peg's that day... Maybe they've stopped carrying this version and this is a Cast Member selling stuff with the employee discount. If so, LUCKY!

By the way, I'll go on 1/23 FOR SURE, so payments must be transferred and confirmed by 1/15.

I have not accepted payment from anyone yet because I am still hoping for five of you. So far, I have definite orders from:

pocketsan (whose new avatar is AWESOME!^^)
    gurgi (but I imagine you're gonna want more than costumes once you see the update!)

...and a tentative order from Janell.

I'm pretty sure Janell actually wants stuff, too, so I think it's enough to provide the service. Come on, flylikadove, FutureImagineer and MatterhornJ!
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 01-02-2011 at 03:59 PM.

• Banned User

If you need more people, I'll volunteer! But I wanna wait to see the full product line for Sweet Duffy before I place my order! I have a few questions:

-Does it have to be costumes? I have my contact where I can get my costumes from, but I would be happy to get keychains, wristlets, magnets, etc.

-I've gotten stuff from EMS registered mail and they RARELY ever update their tracking and I've come to find it takes the same amount of time as first class. Could you possibly offer the cheaper first class option? It would save me some money. Thanks!
    Last edited by FI183; 01-02-2011 at 02:09 PM.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    If you need more people, I'll volunteer! But I wanna wait to see the full product line for Sweet Duffy before I place my order! I have a few questions:

-Does it have to be costumes? I have my contact where I can get my costumes from, but I would be happy to get keychains, wristlets, magnets, etc.
    I hear you! I'm waiting for that update, too! It really should be anytime now... You can ask for anything - even non-Duffy things. The only two requirements are that:

1. Your list must include at least one Duffy item (this may be changed to 50% of total if necessary)
    2. Your total order must be ¥3000 or greater, retail price

Also note that during big releases like Sweet Duffy there are often a few merchandise items available that are not listed on the website. I'll have my phone with me just in case and if I see any of these items, I'll try to update here that day and check if you're interested before I leave TDS that night. I don't promise to do this, and there may be nothing new, but for folks who do use the shopping service, you may wanna pay attention that day. And now that I've said that, I will also try to post here if there are no surprises, just so you're not checking the forum for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    -I've gotten stuff from EMS registered mail and they RARELY ever update their tracking and I've come to find it takes the same amount of time as first class. Could you possibly offer the cheaper first class option? It would save me some money. Thanks!
    I will say first that I completely understand this plan, but I do not like it because it means that I have to say something to you that I don't like to say. I am willing to do this, but with no tracking service or insurance and no guaranteed delivery date, I have ZERO responsibility the moment I turn over your package to the post office. If your package never arrives, we have to both agree upfront that it is not my fault or my problem. As long as that is really acceptable, I will do it. This also means I will have to take extra steps, like snapping photos of your package contents and again with your address clearly shown after being stamped as received. This will be the only way for me to prove that I actually sent it; a post office receipt won't do that. I will also be more nervous about your delivery until it arrives, so you MUST let me know as soon as it does or I will not shop for you again. It usually doesn't, but this can take up to 4~6 weeks. With EMS, I can check for myself and delivery should be 3~5 days, but with first class I will have no idea until/unless you tell me, which also kind of makes me uncomfortable. I will accept it, though, provided you agree in advance not to hold me accountable for anything after shipping.

PS - I also think for some reason that EMS may be cheaper in Japan. Gurgi can chime in here (please?^^), but I believe that in many cases EMS is actually even cheaper than first class? We were both surprised when we investigated, if I remember correctly?

• Munchings & Crunchings

Yes, EMS from Japan is better than comparable services in the US. I've also noticed that the tracking doesn't work until it arrives in the US. You can actually plug in the EMS tracking number into the USPS site and it will show when and where your package arrived at customs. I haven't had a problem with it. It does take a day or two to show up, but it's always been there. Also...MUCH faster than first class which can take weeks and weeks...plus you have no idea where it is in transit. I would say that EMS from Japan is about the same as sending something Priority Mail in the US...the price is kind of comparable...except that EMS doesn't have a "flat rate" box or anything. Still, I prefer paying a bit extra to have more peace of mind.

Oh, and keep in mind that first class is great for things like books, and flat things. The price goes way up if it's a box, or heavy, or bulky. So, the cost savings are negligible if you're ordering a box of Duffy stuff.

• Banned User

Ok, thanks for the info! I guess I'll stick to EMS. Heres what I would like:

-Shellie May's Panties/skirt set
    -One of each of the Shellie and Duffy keychains(Sweet Duffy)

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Ok, so that's:

pocketsan
    gurgi
    Janell
    FutureImagineer183

I hope one more person joins before 1/15. I'll send a message to each of you to confirm your wish lists once the Sweet Duffy stuff has been officially announced. I'm guessing that will either happen tomorrow to coincide with the Hello From Cape Cod release or next week (hopefully Monday) after the release has happened. They usually do update goods and specials ahead of time; we're nearly two weeks before the start of the event.

Sounds tempting, however I don't have a clue on how mush shipping will cost.

Not sure if I could afford if is too high or if the package could have tracking or insurance as it has happened to me before that the people at the mail they didn't even knew my country exist. I live in Honduras , in central america.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Exclamation Re: TDS Duffy Shopping Service

Please check out my revised post HERE. There will indeed be a NEW "Hello From Cape Cod" costume set on 1/21. The design team seems to be on a high right now, so my expectations are that I will love this release, too. I think this is a new record:

1/7: HFCC "Paddington" Coats
    1/21: SD Cafe Uniforms
    1/21: HFCC Mystery Outfits

I was nervous that this 1/21 release might mean that today's "Paddington" coats are a limited production. Guest Relations assured me that they will be produced in normal quantities, so they should still be available past 1/23 (the day I shop) with absolutely no worries. I will still be calling to check routinely over the next two weeks, and if I feel there's a need I will go early, and I'll buy the orders I have for those out of pocket. I want both coats, too..

As soon as the site is updated - probably next week - with Sweet Duffy and the new HFCC costume info, I will want people to start making transfers as soon as possible. I will NOT, this month, be able to cover anyone whose money transfer has not actually completed the move from PayPal to my bank account. I simply won't have enough money myself. Please keep watching the official site and updating here, and let's get wish lists in and transfers made as quickly as possible after photos are released and pricing is announced.

**PS - By the way, anyone buying all six costumes (Duffy and Shellie, each version) are guaranteed the 25% rate for their total shopping fee even if there are less than 5 people ordering! THIS TIME ONLY!! I don't want to get in the habit of making exceptions to the system, and shopping will certainly be a very real challenge this time, but this is a very special moment - SIX costumes in one month, plus the Duffy merchandise event of the year, Sweet Duffy! It's very exciting!^^

• You have much to learn...

Ok, I'll bite- DuffyDaisuki, Although I haven't been following things much lately- if you're off shopping, would you mind picking up some things for me too.

I would like the small keychain/pin on plush badges of Sweet Duffy, Duffy & Shellie May & the postcard or postcard set- whichever it is.

I've been a bit confused of all the posts- I also would like the plush badges of Duffy & Shellie for the Hello from Cape Cod- now are these the ones Gurgi has pictured on his site wearing the jacket, hats and scarfs? Or are these part of a different series? I would need any of the keychain/pin on plush badges released this year of Duffy & Shellie- You can PM me the specifics.

I also know you don't like shipping the cups/plates- but if you're willing to pick me up the Sweet Duffy & Shellie mugs & Plates for the promotion- I'd appreciate it- but let me know.

Thanks

There's a way to calculate shipping prices from Japan, to have an idea of the possible prices?

• Munchings & Crunchings

Yes, you can check the EMS site and estimate the information.

http://www.post.japanpost.jp/cgi-cha...t.php?lang=_en

I plugged in 1,000 grams as a guess for weight, and I chose Honduras as the country to ship to. This is just an estimate though, but it can give you a good idea of what to expect. This does not include your country's customs fees or anything like that though.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Oh, and here's the info on EMS to the US. I chose my state, but the rates are the same. If you notice, EMS is one of the cheaper options. Surface mail is the cheapest, but there could be size and wight restrictions on that...and it takes 2 months to arrive!!!

Even air mail is more expensive than EMS and takes longer to arrive...

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Lightbulb Re: TDS Duffy Shopping Service

Greetings, fellow Dufflovers. We have a lot to be excited about this month, huh?^^

First things first, please do not post details of your wish lists publicly on this forum. From time to time, I foresee the possibility of shipping extra surprises to the person who buys the most or the people who buy certain things or...whatever I want - it's a surprise and totally at my discretion! I don't want people trying to outdo each other or something, so please keep lists private. Feel free to post pics and talk about all your shiny/fluffy new stuff once it arrives at your place, but til then, mum's the word, ok? Also, please be advised that my desire to do this does not require me to do it. If I never do it, that's also at my discretion. It's a service and if giving prizes to some and not everyone makes anyone uncomfortable, please PM me and I will be happy not to do this. I will also never publicly discuss opinions on this, so don't worry about being a "party pooper" or something.

Secoondly, I will not know anyone's shipping totals until I ship. Also, despite what I said earlier, I WILL SHIP EXCLUSIVELY BY EMS - NO EXCEPTIONS. There are too many people and too much stuff to accomodate personal preferences and it's gonna be difficult enough just to buy, sort and ship everything efficiently. I will use one system for everyone always in order to keep the service going, and to make sure that we're all excited at just about the same time.^^ EMS Rates from Japan can be found HERE on the EMS page of the Japan Post site.

I will stop taking requests by 11:59pm (Japan time) on Saturday 1/15. I assume that OLC will update the official site with photos and pricing details at least for Sweet Duffy by then. All wish lists for the "Paddington" duffel coat(s) and Sweet Duffy goods must have been placed, confirmed, and transfers made via PayPal by that time.

IF the site is not updated for the next "Hello From Cape Cod" costume by 1/15, I will accept requests - with fund transfers - within 24 hours of announcing the site update in these General Collectibles forum threads. I know that's a serious time crunch, but the thing is, money in PayPal is not money in my pocket to take to the parks. It takes up to (and usually just about) a week for the money to move into my bank account once I send it from PayPal. I am willing to spend my own money ahead of the completed transfer to get the 1/21 HFCC costumes, as long as the money is in transit. But only for the 1/21 costumes and only if the site is not updated before next Saturday. For all other goods, wish lists must be sent and funds transferred by 11:59pm next Saturday.

So far, here are the people who definitely want in on this shipment. If your name is not on this list and you are interested, please post your interest here or PM me THIS WEEK:

pocketsan
    gurgi
    Janell
    FutureImagineer183
    jedimaster7313

Everyone, please re-send your itemized lists with prices, fees and total by next Friday so that I can reply to confirm and funds can be transferred by next Saturday, on schedule. I know, we're all just waiting for OLC to update the site at this point.

There's a "fab five" already, though! That's enough for the 25% general rate!! AND enough for the 20% costume-only rate for those who get all six costumes!!! I was gonna be really disappointed if there weren't even five folks the first time - thanks, guys.^^ It's enough to feel like we're building a real club! We need a name! I'm gonna start a thread about it!^^

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Yes, you can check the EMS site and estimate the information.

I plugged in 1,000 grams as a guess for weight, and I chose Honduras as the country to ship to. This is just an estimate though, but it can give you a good idea of what to expect. This does not include your country's customs fees or anything like that though.
    Thank you!!

Hi everyone! I'm new to MiceChat and joined because I'm certainly a Disney fan (I live pretty close to WDW) and because of my love for Duffy and ShellieMay.

DuffyDaisuki, I'd love to put in an order for some Duffy merchandise (and I know the deadline is near).

A quick history --about a month ago, my boyfriend and I met the character at Epcot and I thought the plush was adorable and he surprised me with my own Duffy and German outfit. A couple of weeks later, I acquired a TDS Duffy (there's just something about having the original TDS Duffy!) and ShellieMay via Ebay...they arrived with their Christmas outfits (not the HFCC ones). I'm definitely a Duffy fan and am so happy to have found a community who loves him as well. I cannot wait to learn more about Sweet Duffy and the mystery HFCC outfit!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast