Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Re: TDS Duffy Shopping Service

DuffyDaisuki a bit late but could you drop me a PM please, I'm interested in the costumes?

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by flylikadove22 View Post
    ok sorry it took so long but i am in!
    but just to be sure i CAN order Shellie May correct?
    oh man i swear this is a life- or death decision for me! i have no idea what to get! a darling shellie may or the adorable paddington coat for duffy!!! what would you guys pick?

i feel kinda bad, if i get shellie may i feel like i totally neglected Duffy.....

anyway do you think the package should arrive by Febuary 11th? that'll be my birthday trip to disneyland and i'd love to take my new purchases with me!
    I'm going to agree with DuffyDaisuki here. If you can only get the coat or Shellie May, I would choose her. Because the coats really are a set. If you get a coat for Duffy, but someday will adopt Shellie May, then she'll not have a matching coat. I really love the coats though, and would try to get both coats even if I didn't own Shellie May yet, because I could keep it waiting for her when I did get her.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire-Light View Post
    Are the cafe series cookie cans going to be available for only few days, or it will be more time to get them?

When is the next custom release? maybe I can get more savings by that time.
    The cookie tins are usually available for the entire event. They make a lot of them and don't really tend to sell out. So, you have a while to get them. "Sweet Duffy" ends on March 14th, I think, so the tins should still be for sale right until the end.

The next costume release is unknown. My guess would be April to start TDS 10th anniversary, but who knows, they might have one before then. The website will update when there is another one announced, and we'll post it here in the forums so everybody knows when it's coming and what it is when they reveal it.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders,Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Also, Check out my Duffy blog and become a follower.

http://duffythedisneybear.blogspot.com/

Exclamation Re: TDS Duffy Shopping Service

Thanks, everyone, for participating in our shopping service. All of you who requested items did so respectfully and transferred funds promptly; I appreciate that. I'll be posting policy updates here soon to highlight things we may have learned from this first round. Generally everything went very smoothly, though I'm still in the process of planning how to deal with purchase limits and transportation. I'll figure it out and keep you posted. It's now almost just a week until all your new treasures are on their way to you!

IMPORTANT:
    I plan to ship next Monday 1/24. In order to make that happen, I will need to be in live communication with all wishlisters while I'm in the post office. I'll post the time I expect to be in the post office and the corresponding times in your time zones here later. If you can be online to check shipping costs and transfer funds instantly, your package will move on Monday!^^

Gosh Duffy and I are so stink in' excited!!!!!!

We always hoped to get some Tokyo exports but never thought it would be an actualy reality!!!!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by flylikadove22 View Post
    Gosh Duffy and I are so stink in' excited!!!!!!

We always hoped to get some Tokyo exports but never thought it would be an actualy reality!!!!
    You won't be disappointed. TDR quality is amazing...even better in person. "Sweet Duffy" is the perfect event to get your first ever TDS costumes.

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    The cookie tins are usually available for the entire event. They make a lot of them and don't really tend to sell out. So, you have a while to get them. "Sweet Duffy" ends on March 14th, I think, so the tins should still be for sale right until the end.

The next costume release is unknown. My guess would be April to start TDS 10th anniversary, but who knows, they might have one before then. The website will update when there is another one announced, and we'll post it here in the forums so everybody knows when it's coming and what it is when they reveal it.
    I see thanks!! the cookie can is really cute! I hope I can get one (and a Shellie) for the next round.

Exclamation Re: TDS Duffy Shopping Service

...From now until April when you get your AP, your costs might have to be higher just to offset the cost of a park ticket. And...your visits would probably be fewer, I'm guessing. So everybody really has to have all requests in before your visit.

As for fees, that's a tough one...It's hard to calculate individual fees for things like transportation, ticket costs, time spent, handling fees, etc. Especially to divide that by how many people are ordering. A flat fee might be best to apply to everyone. I would say that 30% is about average. Don't go higher than that, because most of the Ebay sellers charge 20% to 30%...plus shipping, of course...
    I didn't charge extra this time and hopefully I'll never need to, but I think for each new release I will offer one announced shopping day at the start of its season. Additional shopping days will offer an adjusted rate of +50% if less than five order and +40% when over five. It will be YOUR responsibility to post and recruit people to get your order together. I will likely be able to accomodate anyone's schedule, yet still it pays to be early.^^

...Oh, and I'll tell you one thing, if anybody is asking you to ship the breakables, like the Duffy mugs & plates, the park sells them to you for slightly cheaper without the desserts in them. That's a way to cut down costs. Although I know you do not like shipping breakables, understandably.
    I'd've liked to think of the discrepancy - or maybe even the dessert! - as my "tip" for dealing with breakables, but I called Guest Relations and here's the rundown sans dessert:

Mug: ¥480 (regular ¥600)
    Plate: ¥550 (regular ¥700)

Also, for anybody creating wish lists, they should calculate the costs themselves. Use the official site, with prices in Yen to do a total, and make it easier on you. The other thing is using one site like Paypal for all transactions. If you do that, make sure everybody sends the money to you as a "cash advance". Otherwise, if they use a credit card, it charges you a fee...
    I know that first attempt was stressful, and I'm sorry I contributed to that. I think it was just a big learning curve for everyone.
    *sigh* There's always a learning curve, isn't there? I'm not a professional seller. Everyone understands that, right? After a very busy week with some sleepless nights thrown in, I finally checked PayPal today to send funds to my bank account so I have money next week. I was intentionally waiting until everyone paid because if my withdrawal is large enough, I pay no fees which means YOU pay no fees.^^

Most transfers did not use the Cash Advance option, resulting in significant unnecessary fees.

Also:

ALL FUNDS MUST BE TRANSFERRED AS JAPANESE YEN.

In the future, too, Wish Lists should have a clear format including ALL of the following information, or they will not be accepted:

SERIES/Costume (D/S) ¥PRICE (xQUANTITY *if more than 1)
    SERIES/Costume Badge (D/S) ¥PRICE (xQUANTITY *if more than 1)
    SERIES/Costume Plush Strap (D/S) ¥PRICE (xQUANTITY *if more than 1)
    SERIES/Large Accessory ¥PRICE (xQUANTITY *if more than 1)
    SERIES/Small Acc. ¥PRICE (xQUANTITY *if more than 1))
    SERIES/Mug/Plate (D/S) ¥PRICE (xQUANTITY *if more than 1)

SUB-TOTAL
    Donation

GRAND TOTAL

SAMPLE:
    HFCC Duffel Coat (D) ¥3600 (x2)
    HFCC Duffel Coat (S) ¥3600
    SD Cafe (D) ¥3600
    SD Cafe (D) ¥3600
    HFCC Heartful Sailor (D) ¥3000
    HFCC Duffel Badge (D) ¥1500
    HFCC Duffel Badge (S) ¥1500
    HFCC Heartful Strap (D) ¥1200 (x2)
    HFCC Heartful Strap (S) ¥1200
    SD Lap Blanket ¥3300 (x3)
    SD Tote Bag ¥2700
    SD Pair Strap ¥1800
    SD Stickers ¥500
    SD Postcard ¥200
    SD Plate (D) ¥550
    SD Mug (D) ¥480
    SD Plate (S) ¥550
    SD Mug (S) ¥480
    Regular Series Plate (D) ¥550
    Regular Series Mug (S) ¥480

SUB-TOTAL: ¥48,790
    Donation: ¥12,197.5 -> 12,198

GRAND TOTAL: ¥60,988

It has taken me several hours today to add up quantities, add everyone's information and Wish Lists to my iPhone, make sure I have everyone's shipping information in both iPhone and Gmail, create a mailing list in Gmail, cross-check for verification, make a "Grand Shopping List" so that I surely get everything, and finally to identify how I was losing money in "PayPal's Labyrinth." I had planned to spend today very differently. Gurgi said early on that I should never consider asking more than 30%, which I basically lowered to 25%. I sincerely apologize for not making the "Cash Advance" tip bolded and emphasized. I'm also sorry to trouble many of you with resolving this error on our parts, but I really cannot feel comfortable offering this service for less than 25%. I hope everyone understands what the fee is for; I hope it's clear to all that I'm not just pocketing anyone's money. Thanks, guys!^^

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    I didn't charge extra this time and hopefully I'll never need to, but I think for each new release I will offer one announced shopping day at the start of its season. Additional shopping days will offer an adjusted rate of +50% if less than five order and +40% when over five. It will be YOUR responsibility to post and recruit people to get your order together. I will likely be able to accomodate anyone's schedule, yet still it pays to be early.^^
    That sounds reasonable. So basically if anybody wants you to make a special shopping trip, they need to pool together with other people, and also pay a higher rate since it will be a special trip.

I'd've liked to think of the discrepancy - or maybe even the dessert! - as my "tip" for dealing with breakables, but I called Guest Relations and here's the rundown sans dessert:

Mug: ¥480 (regular ¥600)
    Plate: ¥550 (regular ¥700)
    This makes sense to me, I don't mind paying the extra for that. As long as you don't eat all the desserts and get sick, LOL! Maybe we can just forget the cheaper price and pay the 600 and 700 yen from now on?

*sigh* There's always a learning curve, isn't there? I'm not a professional seller. Everyone understands that, right? After a very busy week with some sleepless nights thrown in, I finally checked PayPal today to send funds to my bank account so I have money next week. I was intentionally waiting until everyone paid because if my withdrawal is large enough, I pay no fees which means YOU pay no fees.^^

Most transfers did not use the Cash Advance option, resulting in significant unnecessary fees.
    I really should have made that a separate bold point. It's VERY important to chose "cash advance" on Paypal to avoid fees. When you are entering your payment amount, there is a section under that where you choose whether it's for goods, or personal. Pick personal, and "cash advance" is a button within that choice.

The conversion to Yen is also important, you do that right next to where you enter the dollar amount.

Also:

ALL FUNDS MUST BE TRANSFERRED AS JAPANESE YEN.

In the future, too, Wish Lists should have a clear format including ALL of the following information, or they will not be accepted:

SERIES/Costume Badge (D/S) ¥PRICE (xQUANTITY *if more than 1)
    SERIES/Costume Plush Strap (D/S) ¥PRICE (xQUANTITY *if more than 1)
    SERIES/Large Accessory ¥PRICE (xQUANTITY *if more than 1)
    SERIES/Small Acc. ¥PRICE (xQUANTITY *if more than 1))
    SERIES/Mug/Plate (D/S) ¥PRICE (xQUANTITY *if more than 1)

SUB-TOTAL
    Donation

GRAND TOTAL

SAMPLE:
    HFCC Duffel Coat (D) ¥3600 (x2)
    HFCC Duffel Coat (S) ¥3600
    SD Cafe (D) ¥3600
    SD Cafe (D) ¥3600
    HFCC Duffel Badge (D) ¥1500
    HFCC Duffel Badge (S) ¥1500
    HFCC Heartful Strap (D) ¥1200 (x2)
    HFCC Heartful Strap (S) ¥1200
    SD Lap Blanket ¥3300 (x3)
    SD Tote Bag ¥2700
    SD Pair Strap ¥1800
    SD Stickers ¥500
    SD Postcard ¥200
    SD Plate (D) ¥550
    SD Mug (D) ¥480
    SD Plate (S) ¥550
    SD Mug (S) ¥480
    Regular Series Plate (D) ¥550
    Regular Series Mug (S) ¥480

SUB-TOTAL: ¥48,790
    Donation: ¥12,197.5 -> 12,198

GRAND TOTAL: ¥60,988

It has taken me several hours today to add up quantities, add everyone's information and Wish Lists to my iPhone, make sure I have everyone's shipping information in both iPhone and Gmail, create a mailing list in Gmail, cross-check for verification, make a "Grand Shopping List" so that I surely get everything, and finally to identify how I was losing money in "PayPal's Labyrinth." I had planned to spend today very differently. Gurgi said early on that I should never consider asking more than 30%, which I basically lowered to 25%. I sincerely apologize for not making the "Cash Advance" tip bolded and emphasized. I'm also sorry to trouble many of you with resolving this error on our parts, but I really cannot feel comfortable offering this service for less than 25%. I hope everyone understands what the fee is for; I hope it's clear to all that I'm not just pocketing anyone's money. Thanks, guys!^^
    I'm sorry there have been some logistical issues. You should not go below 25%. Personally, my threshhold is 30%, I can't really afford more than that, but you shouldn't have to ever go below 25% since it does take a lot of planning and time to do all of this. Also, I would never characterize you as pocketing anybody's money. I know many don't have tons of money to spend here, but you also are not mr. moneybags yourself. Basically, we're all just fans trying to help each other out within our means.

• Adventures with Duffy

Couldn't have said better myself. Thank you gurgi.

Duffy Daisuki, Im sorry for the mix up. You are right we are learning and next time this should go very smoothly. I think what people can do is take the format that you work so hard on and copy and paste it, fill it in and email it. Thats just an idea to look at for next time. What ever works best for you Duffy Daisuki is what we will do. You are doing us all a favor in helping to share in the Duffy items that OLC designs so well. And we all thank you for that. We know its not easy for you and we will find ways to stream line this for you, if you choose to keep doing it.

Do we have any computer programers out there that know how to make an app? If we had an app for Duffy Daisuki phone, that we could organize his shopping list to how he likes it, maybe make it a check list sort of thing. It could help him.

• Munchings & Crunchings

I wish I was tech savvy enough to create an iphone app to help him out! The Duffy app! I know it's a lot of work to manage all the lists, make sure everybody gets what they want and keeping it all managed. Thank you for doing all of this, DuffyDaisuki, even if it's frustrating, it's so much appreciated. Is there any way we can make a shopping service FAQ to post specific instructions?

Is there any way we can make a shopping service FAQ to post specific instructions?
    After many, many hours, I believe I have just done that!^^

Thanks for the kind words, guys! At the end of the day, that's all I really need.

I hear you guys; I won't adjust the donation rate. But then I have to adjust the minimum order, just to make myself feel like I'm not being a total pushover.^^ I refuse to have a flat rate because I the feeling that Wish Listers "need" each other to get the best deal - that's very important to me. That's a big part of what makes this "Duffy Post" and not eBay. So, I guess you guys will just have to force yourselves to indulge as much as possible!

Thumbs up Re: TDS Duffy Shopping Service

This makes sense to me, I don't mind paying the extra for that. As long as you don't eat all the desserts and get sick, LOL! Maybe we can just forget the cheaper price and pay the 600 and 700 yen from now on?
    I'll leave that up to the folks who request these dishes, few as I hope they are!

I really should have made that a separate bold point. It's VERY important to chose "cash advance" on Paypal to avoid fees. When you are entering your payment amount, there is a section under that where you choose whether it's for goods, or personal. Pick personal, and "cash advance" is a button within that choice.

The conversion to Yen is also important, you do that right next to where you enter the dollar amount.
    Yes, you should have. And so should I. *sigh* Hindsight is a first-impression-of-Shellie-May.^^

I have a question about this, though. Jedimaster said he sent as "Gift," and I got his with no problems, too. And, looking at PayPal earlier, I got the impression that "Cash Advance" may also charge you guys more for the transaction fee. Besides, I like the idea that we are a gift/donation CLUB rather than a buyer/seller dynamic.^^ Is there any reason to prefer Cash Advance to Gift?

You should not go below 25%. Personally, my threshhold is 30%, I can't really afford more than that, but you shouldn't have to ever go below 25% since it does take a lot of planning and time to do all of this. Also, I would never characterize you as pocketing anybody's money. I know many don't have tons of money to spend here, but you also are not mr. moneybags yourself. Basically, we're all just fans trying to help each other out within our means.
    There's no question that I absolutely would never go below 25%. No one would. I think 30% is actually very, very low; but I think 40% is kind of high if we don't make it to "Fab Five" sometime - and the dual rates is an essential element to Duffy Post, even if (hopefully^^) we never use the higher rate.

The worst thing for me would be for people to have to give up getting something they really want just because of the Donation. I really think that could happen at 40%, and I just don't like the way 35% sounds. Maybe 33%, like Club 33...?

For now, we'll keep it at 30/25. I realize now how amazing that really is, and, if I'm being honest, knowing that I'm offering an impossible price to a community who really loves Duffy is more valuable than an extra 5% for work I'm happy to do when I'm not totally exhausted and frustrated.

Is there any reason to prefer Cash Advance to Gift?
    I have years collecting my little pony so I'm adding this links from the my little pony collector forum, it helps with any kind of internet shopping for any kind of item, not just pony.

My Little Pony Arena » Forums » TCB » Trader & Classifieds Support » SHIPPING INFO HEADQUARTERS!! + Paypal fee calculator

http://www.mlparena.com/Forums/viewt...light=gas.html

My Little Pony Arena » Forums » TCB » For Sale - For Auction » REMINDER -- PAYPAL Payments - GIFT Option Warning!

http://www.mlparena.com/Forums/viewt...ight=cash.html
    Last edited by Sapphire-Light; 01-16-2011 at 05:38 PM.

In the spirit of helping bring Duffy to the US and I hope DuffyD doesn't mind me offering this - I noticed there were a few people who wanted one small thing (like a keychain or something) from TDS this time around, but didn't have the funds to contribute to the "big" shopping trip.

If everyone is ok with it, I'd be happy to pick up a couple small items for the US Disney folks this time. It just happens to work out that my trip to Tokyo (1/24 and 1/25) coincides with my trip back to the US to visit my family in Southern California. I feel slightly guilty having the advantage of traveling to TDS regularly and that the hubby gave the go ahead for me to get whatever I want while I am there, so I thought it was only right to "pay it forward". When I planned this trip, I did not realize just how much was being released and I will be traveling with my own suitcase full of Duffy release stuff all the way to the US, which has to come home with me on the return flight as well. I'd be upset if my luggage got lost somehow and I had people's stuff in it, so if there are a couple tiny things that people really want and I can fit them in my carry on luggage, I'd feel more secure.

If DuffyD gives his blessing on this, then please PM me with whatever you are looking for. I will be visiting DLand countless times during the month of February and still trying to work out whether I can squeeze in WDW before heading back to Asia March 1st, so I might be able to do in person exchanges to avoid shipping all together. I'd prefer not to do any up front Paypal stuff, just because I am not going until Monday afternoon and not entirely confident everything will still be available after the release weekend (keeping fingers crossed however).

Perhaps going forward, if DuffyD and I happen to coordinate a TDS visit together (would love for our Duffy Bears to meet!) and I am on the way back to the US again, whatever everyone has him buy, I could pick up and bring with me to save on shipping and reduce the time he's stuck in the post office for. I really appreciate him starting this shopping service and whatever I can do to help fill in any gaps or assist in getting stuff back to the US I will, as I'd like to see the service succeed (especially since my husband isn't going to let me fly to TDS every month LOL).

And on the flip side, DuffyD if there is anything you want Duffy related from the US Parks please let me know and I will bring them back with me.
    New Disney Blog: Pooh's Travels
    Worldwide Disney Theme Parks Examiner for Examiner.com

Question Re: TDS Duffy Shopping Service

Quote Originally Posted by poohstraveler View Post
    In the spirit of helping bring Duffy to the US and I hope DuffyD doesn't mind me offering this - I noticed there were a few people who wanted one small thing (like a keychain or something) from TDS this time around, but didn't have the funds to contribute to the "big" shopping trip.
    That's really nice of you, poohstraveler! You don't mention any kind of service charge; are you doing all the shopping and the delivery for free? If you are, and there's no minimum, I'd suppose you should be ready for a pretty BIG response!^^

...if there are a couple tiny things that people really want and I can fit them in my carry on luggage, I'd feel more secure.
    Is there a specific limit on item type/price/size/number or number of people?

If DuffyD gives his blessing on this, then please PM me with whatever you are looking for. I will be visiting DLand countless times during the month of February and still trying to work out whether I can squeeze in WDW before heading back to Asia March 1st, so I might be able to do in person exchanges to avoid shipping all together. I'd prefer not to do any up front Paypal stuff, just because I am not going until Monday afternoon and not entirely confident everything will still be available after the release weekend (keeping fingers crossed however).
    You don't need my blessing to do anything you want, but I do wish you had talked to me privately about working together before posting here. Since you're talking directly about how your actions affect my actions, I think that would have been appropriate and respectful. I spent about ten hours yesterday working on nothing else and finally felt that I had finalized a workable plan - just this morning - just two minutes before I read your post publicly here. Did you ever get my email from 12/26 asking how your Christmas dinner went, by the way, because I never got a reply to it?

If you're offering to provide free delivery, that does, indeed, complicate things. If you're offering to provide free shopping, well, that makes my service completely irrelevant. If folks can now just order small things separately with you for free with free delivery, they will order only their largest items with me - just enough to reach my minimum (which I just decided to lower) and the things they know you won't carry. I am not a jet setter with lots of disposable income and free time; I cannot afford to offer the service in an environment like that. If that's what you're offering, my service is probably effectively finished.

I understand your intention; your intention is loving graciousness. I, like everyone else I'm sure, really appreciate that very sincerely.^^ However, I'm not sure I fully understand what you want to do. Are you offering an alternative shopping service? If so, I'd suggest there should be a clearly stated maximum price order with size guidelines, since it sounds like there is a "too much" for you, but it's not really clear what that is. Are you offering an import service - for free? If the latter, is it exclusively for people in California; because people from Florida, the UK, and Hong Kong made requests with me, too, and I will not go to the post office for half the people and come all the way to TDR on a day I can't afford the park for the other half. I love Duffy and I our community, but I am not a martyr.

Perhaps going forward, if DuffyD and I happen to coordinate a TDS visit together (would love for our Duffy Bears to meet!) and I am on the way back to the US again, whatever everyone has him buy, I could pick up and bring with me to save on shipping and reduce the time he's stuck in the post office for. I really appreciate him starting this shopping service and whatever I can do to help fill in any gaps or assist in getting stuff back to the US I will, as I'd like to see the service succeed (especially since my husband isn't going to let me fly to TDS every month LOL).
    If we can communicate more effectively and plan our TDS visits on the same day, I would be open to giving you the stuff for California/US (if you're saying that's ok...not sure?) Wish Listers. It will mean, though, that I have no accountability for what those people ultimately get. If something goes missing, I do not want to be contacted. Without a box I shipped tagged with an itemized EMS list I wrote and shipped with tracking and insurance, I do not feel it is appropriate to hold me responsible in any way.

I was gonna go to the post office near my house on Monday to mail everyone's stuff, but if everyone trusts you to just take care of it, I'll be happy to just bring all the bags back to TDR and leave them with you. It would probably cost me less time to make the two-hour trip to TDR and drop off the bags than I will spend packing and filling out forms in the post office. The only thing is that costs me over ¥2000 in transport, so I will still need everyone to divide that up and transfer funds first. It also means that my responsibility ends when I hand off the bags - no tracking number, no insurance. If you set them down and forget something or if things get mixed up (cos it's a lot of stuff), I cannot be held responsible for or even contacted about that. It has to be "not my problem" from the moment I pass it off. I didn't like shipping without EMS; you can easily imagine how I feel about this.

If everyone is interested in this, email me and let me know and I'll try to meet Poohstraveler and make it happen for you. If even one person says "no," though, I will ship from the post office as planned. It will have to be everyone; I will not spend all morning in the post office for half of the Wish Listers and then spend however long it takes to force my schedule to match up with Poohstraveler's (especially since she'll have to come outside and meet me at the gate), then spend two more hours traveling to TDR and not even go into the park and come back home in the dark and exhausted. No, I won't do that.

And on the flip side, DuffyD if there is anything you want Duffy related from the US Parks please let me know and I will bring them back with me.
    That's really sweet of you, but you've been to all these parks; you know the US still has a looong way to go to impress a Tokyo Duffy fan!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast