Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Re: TDS Duffy Shopping Service

DuffyD - I think you misunderstood my intentions and I never meant to offend you, so I hope you don't think I was! I just posted this as a suggestion and idea if anyone was interested in one keychain or whatever, only because I am headed directly to the US. I just feel bad for those who have posted that they can't afford to buy in this time around and since I just happen to be going straight to CA, I thought I would do this as a one time good deed. I can't afford to pay for shipping out of pocket, but if anyone wanted to meet me at DLand -- I am already going with Mom since we have annual passes.

My intention was to hopefully help you out as you are doing so much above and beyond -- I want to see your shopping service succeed as I plan to be a big contributor! :-) I feel bad that you are going to spend so much of your personal time (above and beyond what you already do on here). My thought was going forward (not this trip), if I happen to be in Tokyo on the same day as you, and headed to the US right away -- perhaps I could bring a few things back that CA people already purchased from you to save you time and people a few bucks on the shipping expense portion from Japan (stuff that would fit in my carry on). That would be something I would've been willing to do on my own -- just as a big thank you for working so hard to help all the Duffy fans out and hopefully help people afford to buy more stuff from you!

I hope my suggestion did not come across as that I was trying to compete or take anything away from you -- absolutely the opposite. I just threw the idea out there for anyone who might one one keychain or a cell phone charm this time -- 5 or 10 items I could toss in my luggage that wouldn't take up space. I only saw a couple posts from people who said they wanted a keychain, but couldn't afford to contribute this time around, so I was only expecting to pick up stuff for one or two people anyways. I only wanted pick up a couple tiny things that could fit in carry on as I absolutely don't want anything in checked bags that I don't have constant control over.

Just to let you know, I'm not a jetsetter with lots of disposable income. LOL I am very lucky that I am a travel (and Disney) writer so I can write off some of my travels, but we are living in Asia because of my husband's job so they pay for annual trips home for us. This particular trip worked out because flights out of Taipei are astronomical because of Chinese New Year so I used miles to get to Tokyo and then booked a flight to LA a day later so I could run to TDS.

I was just throwing the idea out there to help you out this particular time to get the service going, but if it's a bad idea, let's just pretend I never mentioned it! I feel really bad now for saying anything...I really hope no one took it as I was trying to do anything other than help out! I certainly don't want to make any enemies on here. :-(

And no, I never got your email!! I will go check my other spam filters, perhaps it went there. I had no idea you responded!

And yes, I know the US Disney stuff is not up to Tokyo standards, but thought I'd throw the offer out there in case you ever wanted an in person comparison. LOL.....you know, growing bears are expensive to clothe, sometimes you need to get some cheaper alternatives! hee hee :P
    Last edited by poohstraveler; 01-16-2011 at 09:43 PM.
    New Disney Blog: Pooh's Travels
    Worldwide Disney Theme Parks Examiner for Examiner.com

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: TDS Duffy Shopping Service

Quote Originally Posted by poohstraveler View Post
    DuffyD - I think you misunderstood my intentions and I never meant to offend you, so I hope you don't think I was!
    As I said, I firmly believe that your intention was and is loving graciousness, and it is deeply and sincerely appreciated as precisely that.^^

...I just feel bad for those who have posted that they can't afford to buy in this time around and since I just happen to be going straight to CA, I thought I would do this as a one time good deed. I can't afford to pay for shipping out of pocket, but if anyone wanted to meet me at DLand -- I am already going with Mom since we have annual passes.
    I feel bad about that, too, and would be extremely happy if you could help some people get Sweet Duffy 2011 goods! I am not at liberty to bend the rules or make exceptions, or Duffy Post will die very quickly. I know that, but... I would for you to PM stevo505 and FutureImagineer183 particularly, to see if you could help them out. I think what they both really want are costumes, though. If you were only picking up costumes for the two of them, since they both live in Cali (and FutureImagineer is a DCA CM!), perhaps you could find room in your luggage even for a few bigger things? FutureImagineer, especially, was just suddenly unable to get in on this Shopping Day and it has been hurting me deeply. I want to help, but I don't feel it's fair to the Wish Listers as a group to make exceptions. From experience, I don't feel the shopping service works without clear, unbreakable guidelines. My frustration is not with you or your very kind offer in any way, but only that it muddies up guidelines that have been a lot of work to put clearly into place.

That said, the truth is that I would love it if folks like FutureImagineer and stevo had an opportunity to pick up stuff this time! Sweet Duffy 2011 is not just a great TDS event; it is our first event as a full-fledged Duffy Forum - I would for every Duffy fan on the planet to be celebrating! Maybe you could even pick up a Shellie May and her Duffel Coat for flylikadove22 as well (since she lives in Cali, too)? I think there's likely to come a day she's gonna regret not having the matching coat for Shellie. Oh my gosh! If the timing works out, you might even be able to give it to her in person for her upcoming birthday!!! I thought about just giving it to her myself, but that's not really something I can do, given my position in the shopping service. It just wouldn't be fair, which is what guides my terms and choices where these things are concerned.

My intention was to hopefully help you out as you are doing so much above and beyond -- I want to see your shopping service succeed as I plan to be a big contributor! :-)
    I totally got that, and totally it! There's no doubt that Duffy Post is already a success by my expectations, and I see it growing into even greater awesomeness! The truth is, separate rules for delivery to California and having no tracking or insurance which leads to no accountability for me is not good, I think, for most of the Wish Listers. If you pick up things for people, that should be separate from what I do. You should purchase AND deliver those items. If your picking up things for people means that no one in California uses the Duffy Post service or uses it at a bare minimum, that really will be disappointing for me, especially if it leads to the end of the service. Still, like I said, I'd love for some of the people who couldn't participate this time to get help from you!^^

I feel bad that you are going to spend so much of your personal time (above and beyond what you already do on here). My thought was going forward, if I happen to be in Tokyo on the same day and headed to the US right away -- perhaps all the stuff that people already brought from you I would bring to the US and ship from there to save you time and people shipping expense. That would be something I would've been willing to do on my own -- just as a big thank you for working so hard to help all the US Duffy fans out.
    You are too sweet, poohstraveler! Don't feel bad for me; I love what I'm doing. I get stressed out sometimes, sure. But planning and knowing that a lot of Duffeteer STARs (it's official!^^) get boxes full of happiness and luck brings me lots of love and joy. We should totally plan in advance to be in TDS at the same time one of these days - just to meet!^^ And if at that time some California people wanna Wish List and if those people are comfortable having no shipping record, tracking or insurance, then we should totally plan a hand-off! I get that money is an issue and I really do wanna help people save, but I am just not comfortable being the purchaser for items I have no responsibility to deliver. I just have to say no to this; I hope everyone understands where I'm coming from.

I hope my suggestion did not come across as that I was trying to compete or take anything away from you -- absolutely the opposite. I just threw the idea out there for anyone who might one one keychain or a cell phone charm -- 5 or 10 items I could toss in my luggage that wouldn't take up space. I only saw a couple posts from people who said they wanted a keychain, but couldn't afford to contribute this time around, so I was only expecting to pick up stuff for one or two people anyways.
    I didn't even notice this need for smaller orders. I think it would be great if you wanted to do a separate service with a maximum total of ¥3000 and item amount of 2 or 3. With no service charges and free hand delivery, though, I bet you'll get a bigger response than you might imagine...be careful!

Just to let you know, I'm not a jetsetter with lots of disposable income. LOL I am very lucky that I am a travel (and Disney) writer so I can write off some of my travels, but we are living in Asia because of my husband's job so they pay for annual trips home for us...
    I hope that didn't come across as a jab; I see now how it could. That was just so FAR away from my intention that it didn't even cross my mind. You're the only person I know who has the ¥32000 Duffy watch and travels the world visiting different Disney parks - I meant it as a compliment, and I envy your life! If I could do it; believe me, I would.^^

...I feel really bad now for saying anything...I really hope no one took it as I was trying to do anything other than help out! I certainly don't want to make any enemies on here. :-(
    There are no enemies on MiceChat!^^ At least not in the Duffy Forum. We are Sweet Duffy Love all the time, and we all know that. I don't think anyone - including me - heard your proposal as anything other than that. And if they did, you just send 'em my way an' I'll "rough 'em up for ya!"

I never got your email!! I will go check my other spam filters, perhaps it went there. I had no idea you responded!
    I just sent it again; let me know if you still can't see it!^^

I know the US Disney stuff is not up to Tokyo standards, but thought I'd throw the offer out there in case you ever wanted an in person comparison. LOL.....you know, growing bears are expensive to clothe, sometimes you need to get some cheaper alternatives! hee hee :P
    Yeah, 'strue, but ma Duffy don' do cheap. He'd kick my aspartame! Dauffin only likes the real sweet stuff!

awww that's too sweet of you to mention me DuffyD

i actually got paid Friday so i definitely now can afford to get SM Duffel coat!

i actually work at DCA as well so i could def pick up the costume in person if she was willing, but i totally understand if she cannot!
    Last edited by flylikadove22; 01-17-2011 at 12:00 AM.

• Banned User

Oh you guys are just too sweet, but really, you guys don't have to worry about me. I actually have a separate contact in Japan that I've worked out a marvelous deal with. It saves me a LOT of money as there is no money actually exchanged. I'm actually getting my coats in the mail on Tuesday. Don't take offense to this, but really the only reason I joined the shopping service was so there was enough people to meet your quota. But I saw there were a lot more people joining so I thought my participation was not needed as much. And I actually prefer my contact for costumes as she is really gracious with me and it saves me TONS of money. Not that you aren't offering a GREAT deal, DuffyDaisuki, but I just feel more comfortable with my contact. Nothing against you, REALLY. It's a money issue.

Thank you so much Poohstraveler, that is REALLy gracious of you! I might PM you! , I know Stevo505 would LOVE that kind of service, so definitely contact him! This is why I love this sub forum so much! There is just so much love to spread! I've also considered doing a shopping service for US Duffy merch, but in order to do so, I would have to charge NO extra fees and make NO profit whatsoever and is very risky for me because it is a VERY thin line to reselling merchandise at discounted prices which is grounds for termination(and I know management loves to read these forums). But thank you DuffyDaisuki and Poohstraveler for doing this for other fans! It really makes me happy that other member are having the chance to experience REAL Duffy merch! I you all!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: TDS Duffy Shopping Service

Quote Originally Posted by flylikadove22 View Post
    awww that's too sweet of you to mention me DuffyD

i actually got paid Friday so i definitely now can afford to get SM Duffel coat!

i actually work at DCA as well so i could def pick up the costume in person if she was willing, but i totally understand if she cannot!
    That is great news!^^ I really hope it works out for you to get it. I'll be sending your other stuff next Monday.

I don't know how I missed or forgot that you also work at DCA. Do you and FutureImagineer know each other?

DuffyD - I am not good at quoting individual parts of posts like you so I will just say thanks for your last post to me - cheered me up! I was probably a bit more sensitive than usual today -- while I love travel writing -- today I spent the morning getting paid to write a tribute about a fellow member of my travel community that died unexpectedly. That is something I never expected to do for someone who was probably only in their mid 20's.

Anyways, on a happier Duffy note - eeek, good point about being on the hook with me delivering stuff that people paid you for...not a good idea. It does leave you responsible for something you have no control over. My bears could get greedy and try to hijack the shipment (kidding of course). I am trying to raise them right, but they are spoiled. I still just feel slightly guilty of my joke about starting a shopping service turned into so much work for you. I think you need to put your Duffy Bears to work helping box and ship packages now! :-)

Ssssshhh, about the watch! LOL I still cannot believe I have it - that was like 3 yrs worth of Xmas gifts from my husband since he doesn't normally buy gifts.

I got your forwarded email now! Will respond to that tomorrow - thanks for resending it!!!

No matter what, we need to meet up at TDS one day - I am going for the "big" event openings so if I can work it to be there the same day as you - it would be so fun to hang out.

P.S. - I went to dinner tonite with a fellow Duffy parent in Taiwan. She went to TDS last month and she brought four bears back for her family!! Awwwww.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    Oh you guys are just too sweet, but really, you guys don't have to worry about me. I actually have a separate contact in Japan that I've worked out a marvelous deal with. It saves me a LOT of money as there is no money actually exchanged. I'm actually getting my coats in the mail on Tuesday. Don't take offense to this, but really the only reason I joined the shopping service was so there was enough people to meet your quota. But I saw there were a lot more people joining so I thought my participation was not needed as much. And I actually prefer my contact for costumes as she is really gracious with me and it saves me TONS of money. Not that you aren't offering a GREAT deal, DuffyDaisuki, but I just feel more comfortable with my contact. Nothing against you, REALLY. It's a money issue.
    Is this like a "Duffy trade" thing, LOL? Exchanging costumes back and forth? Don't mind me being nosy, I don't really mean to pry, I just thought it was interesting.

I'm just happy people are starting to enjoy collecting Duffy goods and we're all working out ways to do it.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Is this like a "Duffy trade" thing, LOL? Exchanging costumes back and forth? Don't mind me being nosy, I don't really mean to pry, I just thought it was interesting.

I'm just happy people are starting to enjoy collecting Duffy goods and we're all working out ways to do it.
    Haha you actually got it on the dot, but theres more to it than that.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    Haha you actually got it on the dot, but theres more to it than that.
    , as long as no Duffy's were hurt, or wound up on X-tube, it's all good.

• i heart plunging v-necks

poohstraveler, i sent you a pm

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

Quote Originally Posted by malice View Post
    poohstraveler, i sent you a pm
    Got it and replied yesterday (yesterday for me lol)! I'm offline most of today and flying back from HK tonite, but will check email in the morning before my flight leaves for Tokyo (should be Sunday night for you still). Hoping to hear how DuffyD made out shopping today to have some idea of the luck I may or may not have tomorrow! Fingers crossed!

• Loves Mickey!

Got it and replied yesterday (yesterday for me lol)! I'm offline most of today and flying back from HK tonite, but will check email in the morning before my flight leaves for Tokyo (should be Sunday night for you still). Hoping to hear how DuffyD made out shopping today to have some idea of the luck I may or may not have tomorrow! Fingers crossed!
    I think you should definitely be fine tomorrow. I think most people will be at land for philharmagic so little to no lines for Duffy at TDS. Good luck!
    Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
    https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

Sorry to hear about your lost poohtraveler.

http://smallcrazyworldafterall.blogspot.com/

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456