Page 102 of 265 FirstFirst ... 252779299100101102103104105112127152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 3972

• MiceAge Columnist

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Sue, watch out! I almost overloaded and died from the cute!^^ Did you make that just for BRAVE, or did you already have that stuff "just lyin' around?"
    Awww, thank you Duffy D! I did make that just for Duffy to wear to see Brave (out of stuff I just had lyin' around ). But poor thing, he didn't get to go after all. I had planned to meet up with friends to see the film and then I went to a press screening instead so he couldn't come along. I'll make it up to Duffy though by taking him to Disneyland some time soon to see Merida. I'm sure he'll like that almost as much (if not more, Merida is very pretty).

---------- Post added 06-22-2012 at 10:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SailorDuffy View Post
    Wow Sue, awesome! have you made that costume?
    Thank you SailorDuffy! Yep, I made the costume for Duffy. I really love to sew & it's especially fun to sew for Duffy and Shellie May.

---------- Post added 06-22-2012 at 10:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrita View Post
    OMG!!! Super Fabulous! I just got my sewing machine out to make Duffy's kilt. I don't have the amazing belt and purse you used though! This is gorgeous!!!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

My little on has chosen Clan MacDuffernutter. My first nickname for him was Fuffernutter. I don't know where that came from - never ate the stuff. But it just fit him to a T.

You are super talented Sue!!! What a lucky bear!!
    Thank you too Sandrita! The belt and sporran (the purse's official name — I didn't know what it's called & looked it up) are just made out of a remnant piece of faux leather I had, an old belt buckle & a piece of an old necklace (I'm a bit of a pack rat). If you can sew I bet you can make something like that for your MacDuffernutter (great name!).

---------- Post added 06-22-2012 at 10:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    Wow, Sue his costume looks great.
    Thank you very much Janell!

---------- Post added 06-22-2012 at 10:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TDS Duffy View Post
    Duffy starts his Spring Voyage.

More will be posted in the days the follow. He took lots of pictures and need to decide which ones to share.
    TDS Duffy — love your Duffy's Spring Voyage, especially that photo with the Statue of Liberty behind Duffy!

---------- Post added 06-22-2012 at 10:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Do it! If people think you're "weird" that's THEIR problem, not yours. I get strange looks sometimes when I take photos of my Duffy... I just ignore them. I'm doing it for ME, not them anyway.
    Yeah, I think you should do it too. Who cares if people think you're weird? Chances are you're never going to see those people again anyway and if you're enjoying yourself that's what matters — not what people you don't know think. When I took my Duffy to Wizarding World last November he was never tucked away — he rode on top of my luggage, sat on the plane, etc., & rather than people acting like I was strange, it started up conversations. I got to talk to people I might never have talked to otherwise & that was cool.

• I love that tiny bear!

Sue, Duffy's Brave outfit is great! You will get SUCH wonderful pictures with him and Merida!

(My bears all want to see Brave too. Though Smiling Shellie May will DEFINITELY have to wait til the DVD. I'm sure she'd be shouting "That's so sad!" and "No! Don't do that!" and "Wow, your hair is SO COOL!" and I don't want to get thrown out of the theater.)

TDS Duffy, your pictures are outstanding! My bears...were not in first class.

Maybe they just don't let pirates in first class. Hmph.

Tiny Duffy doesn't seem to mind. We all get there at the same time.

DuffyDaisuki, have you tried taking a Travel Pal or magnet Duffy with you? They are easy to slip out for a quick photo, or easy to slip away if you get embarrassed. (That said, I enjoy taking Smallish Duffy out sometimes, too..he's not QUITE as big as a Duffy, but plenty big to be seen.... The tiny bears are less obtrusive, if that's what you want. )

• MiceAge Columnist

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    Sue, Duffy's Brave outfit is great! You will get SUCH wonderful pictures with him and Merida!

(My bears all want to see Brave too. Though Smiling Shellie May will DEFINITELY have to wait til the DVD. I'm sure she'd be shouting "That's so sad!" and "No! Don't do that!" and "Wow, your hair is SO COOL!" and I don't want to get thrown out of the theater.)
    Thank you Eeee-va! Duffy can't wait to go see Merida, he's a little upset with me that I keep spending all my Disney time in Cars Land (He wants to go there too) and on Buena Vista Street and never even setting foot in Disneyland!

Little Duffy & Shellie May a very lucky to get a ride in an airplane. First class or not, I bet they really felt quite special to get to do that.

---------- Post added 06-23-2012 at 11:32 PM ----------

Attention Target Shoppers! If your Duffy needs some shades for the summer you might want to check out the dollar bins. I found kiddie-sized sunglasses at my Target that fit Duffy & Shellie May perfectly. $1 = a good thing.

Shellie has agreed to model them for you so you can see what they look like —

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Talking Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Do it! If people think you're "weird" that's THEIR problem, not yours. I get strange looks sometimes when I take photos of my Duffy... I just ignore them. I'm doing it for ME, not them anyway.
    Spoken like a true Duffeteer.^^

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Kruse View Post
    …Yeah, I think you should do it too. Who cares if people think you're weird? Chances are you're never going to see those people again anyway and if you're enjoying yourself that's what matters — not what people you don't know think. When I took my Duffy to Wizarding World last November he was never tucked away — he rode on top of my luggage, sat on the plane, etc., & rather than people acting like I was strange, it started up conversations. I got to talk to people I might never have talked to otherwise & that was cool.
    Duffy does love bringing people together.

…DuffyDaisuki, have you tried taking a Travel Pal or magnet Duffy with you? They are easy to slip out for a quick photo, or easy to slip away if you get embarrassed. (That said, I enjoy taking Smallish Duffy out sometimes, too..he's not QUITE as big as a Duffy, but plenty big to be seen.... The tiny bears are less obtrusive, if that's what you want. )
    The big ones are really where it's at for me, but I did finally break down and buy the Travel Pals…

Thanks, guys!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Kruse View Post
    Yeah, I think you should do it too. Who cares if people think you're weird? Chances are you're never going to see those people again anyway and if you're enjoying yourself that's what matters — not what people you don't know think. When I took my Duffy to Wizarding World last November he was never tucked away — he rode on top of my luggage, sat on the plane, etc., & rather than people acting like I was strange, it started up conversations. I got to talk to people I might never have talked to otherwise & that was cool.
    THIS. I get strange looks sometimes but I just shake it off. It really is their problem if they think I'm nuts. I already know I am!

But overall, Duffy has been a great conversation starter, both at WDW and elsewhere. I mentioned my Duffy has his own Twitter account now, right? OMG He is more popular than I would have thought! I got around 90 people from all over the world following his adventures. He's getting pretty famous among Rays fans too and even got the teams official Twitter and Sun Sports (the channel that broadcasts the Rays games) to follow him! Now if I could only get some of the Rays players to follow him... THAT would be big!

But back to the photo thing... I've had so many people come up to me at WDW saying how cute my bears are, asking where I got their clothes... last month I had a lady at Epcot approach my friend & I (we were both carrying our Duffys) saying how adorable they were and mentioned how her daughter was in her 20s and takes her Duffy everywhere and asked how old I was (and was shocked when I told her I'm pushing 40). Outside the Disney parks, I've had people come up asking about Duffy and get a range of reactions from, "Oh cool I want a Duffy!" to "Oh." And I've mentioned how at Busch Gardens, a lot of the employees there know who Duffy is and especially the stilt walkers go nuts over him. "OMG is that Duffy! Oh I wanna meet Duffy!" And when both my mom & I did "Duffy Day" at Busch Gardens back in December, they went really crazy... "OMG! DOUBLE DUFFY!!" It was awesome.

• I love that tiny bear!

I love seeing people with Duffies. I used to be more into dolls and occasionally took them out for photos...THAT gets you some looks. Bears...actually, a local news station is doing a contest/giveaway for movie tickets to "Ted" (about a stuffed bear gone bad, I think). Submit the wildest place you've taken your teddy bear and you can win tickets! If Aimster lived here, I'm certain she could win.

How did Tiny Duffy and Tiny Shellie May pass the time on the plane?

Yes, our outbound flight had wi-fi!

"It is technically Spring," Tiny Shellie May said. (OK, it was when I took this picture.) "Tiny Duffy, you are having a Spring Voyage!"

Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki
    Great photos, TDS Duffy! I especially love the in-flight and Statue of Liberty shots. It reminds me that someday I really do have to just get over other people and start taking photos of Duffy outside the parks. The thing is, as long as I'm self-conscious about it, I do come off like I'm doing something "weird," I think. Someday...

I really feel like Duffy D, but Aimster is totally right!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I love seeing people with Duffies. I used to be more into dolls and occasionally took them out for photos...THAT gets you some looks. Bears...actually, a local news station is doing a contest/giveaway for movie tickets to "Ted" (about a stuffed bear gone bad, I think). Submit the wildest place you've taken your teddy bear and you can win tickets! If Aimster lived here, I'm certain she could win.
    Heh! I've seen trailers for that movie. Mark Wahlberg is in that movie and I can't STAND him, so I have no desire to see it.

• MiceAge Columnist

Shellie May: Oh, Duffy....

Duffy: Yes, Shellie May. Wait ... Why do you have your new hat and sunglasses on? Are you going somewhere?

Shellie May: Well ... we just got this postcard from Oswald. He's been visiting someplace called Radiator Springs. It sounds perfectly marvelous. I want to go to there.

Duffy: Oh. I see. I guess that why you've got luggage too.

Shellie May: Yes, I packed a bag for you and a trunk for me. Now get out the car. We're going on a road trip.

To be continued ...

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

• Adventures with Duffy

Sue did you see the star sunglasses at Target? They are very cute on Duffy. Target also has in the kids section Light McQueen sunglasses, also cute on Duffy(I think they are $5)

D
    uffeteer
    Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• MiceAge Columnist

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    Sue did you see the star sunglasses at Target? They are very cute on Duffy. Target also has in the kids section Light McQueen sunglasses, also cute on Duffy(I think they are $5)
    Thanks for the heads-up Janell! Yes I saw the star sunglasses at Target and I bought them. Shellie May's probably going to take possession of them though. I'll have to go have a look at the Lightning McQueen glasses on my next Target trip, I haven't seen those. Duffy may need them for when he goes to Radiator Springs.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

I that Radiator Springs postcard!^^

• North American Duffeteer

I want to share a Duffy photo:

Duffy really wants that donut.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by MikkiMausu99 View Post