Page 142 of 255 FirstFirst ... 4292132139140141142143144145152192242 ... LastLast
Results 2,116 to 2,130 of 3813

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

I really love the wording on her dress. Normally, I don't like writing on clothes but for whatever reason it works and it's absolutely adorable. It draws me in. :]

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by DuffylovrDisney View Post
    I really love the wording on her dress. Normally, I don't like writing on clothes but for whatever reason it works and it's absolutely adorable. It draws me in. :]
    It is cute. Luckily, the writing isn't on the dress, but on her apron. The apron can be removed, and she's got a very nice brown dress underneath. I love that all the pieces are separate. That's the one drawback to this year's Sweet Duffy release, ShellieMay's apron is attached to her dress this time.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders,Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Also, Check out my Duffy blog and become a follower.

http://duffythedisneybear.blogspot.com/

I do like last years Sweet Duffy outfit for Shellie May, but I LOVE the one from this year. I just love the pale pink/aqua combination!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I like the colors of this year's Sweet Duffy outfits a lot, but they're too costumey for me. They're bakers and nothing else. I like last year's (and the years before that) better because once you take off the apron, you got some cute separates that can be used as "everyday" wear.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Yeah, I do wish this year's apron was removeable, so that ShellieMay would have the pink dress. I suppose it's still doable without the hat, but it definitely has a "look" that doesn't go with lots of her other separates. But I still love it, don't get me wrong!

And yeah, I know she's a baker here, but it has a look that makes me have visions of ShellieMay working downstairs in the kitchen at Downton Abbey making sweets. I think it's the hat that does it.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders,Artists & Romantics

Also, Check out my Duffy blog and become a follower.

http://duffythedisneybear.blogspot.com/

• North American Duffeteer

Just a Duffy photo to share:

Relaxing with the two.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics

Another old Duffy photo: Duffy tried and tried, but never could get the sword out of the stone!
    Name:  363 (480x640) (450x600).jpg
Views: 131
Size:  225.4 KB
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Yeah, I do wish this year's apron was removeable, so that ShellieMay would have the pink dress. I suppose it's still doable without the hat, but it definitely has a "look" that doesn't go with lots of her other separates. But I still love it, don't get me wrong!
    I have to admit to being both confused and disappointed by this. I wish I could just understand why??

This year's Sweet Duffy is my favorite Duffy event ever, for many reasons, but Shellie's attached apron is the unwelcome distraction. It just doesn't make sense to me. Looking closely at the construction, the apron is even lined on the underside and invisible seams are finished carefully. This clearly was not about cutting costs.

So why then? I dunno. I really can't understand it. And since the red ribbon accents on the dress are exactly the same red as last year, it would be so nice to use last year's pink apron with this year's pink dress. The same way you could use last year's brown dress with the brown apron from 2011 to create a kind of monochrome look.

I can see that they wanted this year's apron to be a button-on pinafore rather than a tie-behind-the-neck apron. That's clearly a design choice, and a fun one. The problem is, those buttons are sewn on top. This would actually be fairly easy to fix, but the belt of the apron is actually sewn into the gathered seam at the waistline of the dress. This would require skill that leans toward reconstruction rather than alteration. This choice really is inexplicable to me. It makes this dress/apron the one Sweet Duffy release in four years that is not fully swappable. There must be some reason for it, but I have no idea what it could be.

By the way, Naelyan, that's a cute photo. I wish we had that Excalibur photo spot in Fantasyland here.

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    By the way, Naelyan, that's a cute photo. I wish we had that Excalibur photo spot in Fantasyland here.
    My Duffy tried this too back in November:

Sadly, he didn't have any luck either.

Anyhow....

Duffy was hanging out with Chandler last night... much to Chandler's chagrin.

Shellie May is ready for spring.

• Minion

Aimster, I just found the same outfit (Hawaiian shirt with shorts) on a bear at Goodwill a few weeks ago and bought it for Lil D. How funny!

Also LOVE Shellie's dress and hat. I have a dress in that same style but different floral pattern (I love your rose pattern much more!) that I found for Duffette, sans hat. Where did you get it?

Oh my goodness, Aimster. This has to be one of the cutest pics of Shellie May that I've ever seen! Is this outfit another example of your aunt's work? Absolutely gorgeous. And Duffy and the sword? So creative. I really love the glasses on Duffy, too. Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    Aimster, I just found the same outfit (Hawaiian shirt with shorts) on a bear at Goodwill a few weeks ago and bought it for Lil D. How funny!

Also LOVE Shellie's dress and hat. I have a dress in that same style but different floral pattern (I love your rose pattern much more!) that I found for Duffette, sans hat. Where did you get it?
    Quote Originally Posted by TNutter View Post
    Oh my goodness, Aimster. This has to be one of the cutest pics of Shellie May that I've ever seen! Is this outfit another example of your aunt's work? Absolutely gorgeous. And Duffy and the sword? So creative. I really love the glasses on Duffy, too. Thanks for sharing.
    Both the Hawaiian outfit and Shellie May's dress/hat came from Busch Gardens. They have a small "Build An Animal" thingy in one of the gift shops and a small selection of costumes. I got the Hawaiian one for Duffy a couple years ago. My mom got Shellie May the dress/hat for Christmas. The dress is kind of big, but a few safety pins fixed that (since I can't sew to save my life).

• Minion

Yeah I figured the Hawaiian outfit was from a Build a Bear style company, but wasn't sure where the dress came from. I had to sew the dress up a little to fit Duffette better (I can't really sew very well either, but I get by). Had no idea it originally came with a hat, that is too cute!

• Sshhh, being very quiet

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    My Duffy tried this too back in November:
    Duffy was hanging out with Chandler last night... much to Chandler's chagrin.

Chandler and my Snickers are twins!

Name:  20121113_193930.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  51.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by clara View Post
    Chandler and my Snickers are twins!

Name:  20121113_193930.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  51.9 KB
    Similar but not quite. Chandler has a white chest & tummy and white paws.