Page 151 of 299 FirstFirst ... 51101126141148149150151152153154161176201251 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 4474

• Journey On!

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Aimster, you have all the LUCK! Naelyan, try to borrow some of Aimster's. Jessie's outfit does occasionally show up on the secondary market, but it's usually rather pricey.

Aww aimster you beat me to it! I was going to post a photo of Duffy (when I get one) on my BAB Clydesdale horse in riding gear! LOL
    Your photo is adorable and great dumpster dive score! I frequent thrift shops a lot and have never come across a rocking horse in that good of shape. (I have found lots of others though-no Duffys though-good sign that people are holding on to them.)
    I recommend BAB's stuffed animal cleaner. It works great on most plush. I had a large Simba that had a nasty stain and it worked like a charm. Johnson and Johnson's No More Tangles is fantastic for getting matts and tangles out of synthetic hair (like that on the horse)
    I just got a BAB free bear (or $12 off) coupon too! I might get Bearemy. The coupon has such a short window for redemption that I can't save for a BAB summer release.

• North American Duffeteer

Just a Duffy photo I want to share to end the day:

No matter how you see Duffy (as a friend, brother, son, etc.), just remember, he always brings love, happiness and luck.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

This is a little late, but HAPPY VALENTINE'S!!!!
    Duffy was on display with some special Valentine's gifts! So sweet of him

Hope you all had a very special day also. Thanks to Duffy for making my extra sweet!

http://smallcrazyworldafterall.blogspot.com/

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

Quote Originally Posted by deependgirl View Post
    ok I think I figured it out! just don't look at the back HAHA

I need a jack sparrow shirt. oh I have 1,000 pirate things... he should not be wearing that starwars shirt! I also took his shoes off.. I got excited and needed to share the photo in a hurry. lol

I had to have those ears. I have the human size red ones (and erm a few other pirate ears lol)
    Deependgirl, I love the red Pirate Mickey ears and the dead man’s chest! Are you and your family as obsessed with Pirates of the Caribbean and Jack Sparrow as my family and I are? That is so arghh-some!! My Duffy was dressed as Captain Jack Bearrow—er, Sparrow—for the longest time after we attended the premiere for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. We just had to keep relivin’ the moment. I bought those red Pirate Mickey ears later that night when I adopted and dressed a BAB pirate bear from the BAB in Downtown Disney. Even though he technically wasn’t a “Duffy” bear, I rationalized that his adoption on Disney soil permitted him a pass, and so I named him Jack McDuff—excuse me, Captain Jack McDuff.

But I digress. Yeah, I always despised the fact that the ears didn’t really stay on either bear’s head. I can somewhat understand the Pirate Mickey ears not fitting Duffy, but not even Jack McDuff can wear the ears. And they were intended for him! What’s up with that?

I’ve never seen a Duffy-sized Jack Sparrow t-shirt, but if you want more PotC gear for your bears, you could purchase BAB’s pirate costume or Disney’s Jack Sparrow outfit but be informed that pants don’t come with the latter outfit. Or you could try to find a blank BAB shirt (even if the blank shirts aren’t displayed in the store, ask an associate if they have any because some BAB stores carry them in stock), or any blank teddy bear-sized shirt, and either screen print or iron on an apparel/fabric transfer of your favorite PotC- or Captain Jack Sparrow-related image. Screen printing will probably be more expensive, but the quality of the results is much better. It’s permanent, the colors are rich and are not subject to fading with repeated washes, and the design won’t crack when the fabric/apparel is stretched unlike some iron-on transfers. If you’d prefer an iron-on transfer, pick a set of transfers manufactured specifically for stretchable fabrics as they shouldn’t crack when you dress and undress your Duffy. Also, if you can, before you iron on the transfer, determine the best way to dress your Duffy with the least amount of stretch to the fabric. Whether you decide to screen print or iron on your design, avoid ribbed t-shirts as the irregular surface promotes uneven design transfer. A smooth/non-ribbed shirt is much better. Oh, and not to further feed your addiction, but if you would like to add to your Duffy and Disney Bear pirate collection, I feel obligated to inform you that several years ago Disney released a PotC-themed Disney Bear.

I can’t wait for the fifth Pirates of the Caribbean film. Should we make a pact to attend the premiere together with our pirate Duffies and/or Shellie Mays in tow? Oh, and I love your signature.

Aimster, you and your fam have such amazing luck. I kind of like the rocking horse without the handles because the lack of handles better promotes the illusion, or appearance, of Duffy and Shellie May riding a wild horse…that happens to be atop rounded skis. With or without handles, the rocking horse is so cool. I can’t wait to see the photo of Woody Duffy (accompanied by Jessie or cowgirl Shellie May perhaps?) riding into the sunset atop his (or their) rocking horse.

Dazyhill, when you adopt your Duffy, please proceed to post a photo of Duffy atop a BAB Clydesdale. Clydesdales, and draft horse breeds in general, are so powerful and magnificent, and your Duffy atop a BAB Clydesdale would be so inherently majestic. I love seeing the Budweiser Clydesdales during the Mardi Gras, St. Patick’s Day, and Irish Italian parades.

Quote Originally Posted by MikkiMausu99 View Post
    No matter how you see Duffy (as a friend, brother, son, etc.), just remember, he always brings love, happiness and luck.
    MikkiMausu99, so true, so true.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by dazyhill
    I recommend BAB's stuffed animal cleaner. It works great on most plush. I had a large Simba that had a nasty stain and it worked like a charm.
    Oh I completely agree. I use the build a bear cleaner on Duffy and it works great. A friend of mine even asked me to pick some up for him to use on his Duffy.

Quote Originally Posted by ZTRinZler View Post
    Deependgirl, I love the red Pirate Mickey ears and the dead man’s chest! Are you and your family as obsessed with Pirates of the Caribbean and Jack Sparrow as my family and I are? That is so arghh-some!! My Duffy was dressed as Captain Jack Bearrow—er, Sparrow—for the longest time after we attended the premiere for Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. We just had to keep relivin’ the moment. I bought those red Pirate Mickey ears later that night when I adopted and dressed a BAB pirate bear from the BAB in Downtown Disney. Even though he technically wasn’t a “Duffy” bear, I rationalized that his adoption on Disney soil permitted him a pass, and so I named him Jack McDuff—excuse me, Captain Jack McDuff.

But I digress. Yeah, I always despised the fact that the ears didn’t really stay on either bear’s head. I can somewhat understand the Pirate Mickey ears not fitting Duffy, but not even Jack McDuff can wear the ears. And they were intended for him! What’s up with that?

I’ve never seen a Duffy-sized Jack Sparrow t-shirt, but if you want more PotC gear for your bears, you could purchase BAB’s pirate costume or Disney’s Jack Sparrow outfit but be informed that pants don’t come with the latter outfit. Or you could try to find a blank BAB shirt (even if the blank shirts aren’t displayed in the store, ask an associate if they have any because some BAB stores carry them in stock), or any blank teddy bear-sized shirt, and either screen print or iron on an apparel/fabric transfer of your favorite PotC- or Captain Jack Sparrow-related image. Screen printing will probably be more expensive, but the quality of the results is much better. It’s permanent, the colors are rich and are not subject to fading with repeated washes, and the design won’t crack when the fabric/apparel is stretched unlike some iron-on transfers. If you’d prefer an iron-on transfer, pick a set of transfers manufactured specifically for stretchable fabrics as they shouldn’t crack when you dress and undress your Duffy. Also, if you can, before you iron on the transfer, determine the best way to dress your Duffy with the least amount of stretch to the fabric. Whether you decide to screen print or iron on your design, avoid ribbed t-shirts as the irregular surface promotes uneven design transfer. A smooth/non-ribbed shirt is much better. Oh, and not to further feed your addiction, but if you would like to add to your Duffy and Disney Bear pirate collection, I feel obligated to inform you that several years ago Disney released a PotC-themed Disney Bear.

I can’t wait for the fifth Pirates of the Caribbean film. Should we make a pact to attend the premiere together with our pirate Duffies and/or Shellie Mays in tow? Oh, and I love your signature.
    WOW thank you for your post!!!! ok lemme go through it all haha. oh boy now we are talkin' pirates and duffy woohoo

I adore pirates since the first movie and I came to disneyland when #3 was out, and got all the pirate goodies plus went to the El Capitan (my one and only time I ehem met Jack. haha )

yes I have so much pirate stuff it is embarrassing. LOL. those things with duffy were the things i could grab that were not put a way for a while. haha.

I thought of iron on transfers! I learned how to put them on pretty well from a craft site, but alas right now I have the wrong printer(ok maybe I did a few custom pirate things in the past for myself rotfl) like I need more jack tshirts.... once again.. embarrassing to think how many I have over the past 3 movies (I never got anything from movie #1 alas!)

thank you for all your comments!!! oh you are so lucky to go to the premiere I would just die If I ever got to go to one. ACH If I could go to #5 premiere - I WOULD TOTALLY bring Duffy and Shellie and meet up! LOL

I did see the jack costume on BAB site... (or is that the right one? maybe that was different!) I was wondering about the headgear again. and yes I did get the disney bear with the pirate shirt (pre duffy right?) and that pirate costume disney put out (ok not my favorite and yes not at all jack like) I wonder if the pirate disney bear shirt would fit on my duffy... he could wear jeans. hum that is an idea... (ok eta It is WAY too small. HAHA I forgot that disneybear is pretty small)

I mean why did disney or BAB not have one tshirt for jack sparrow. EVERYONE loves jack sparrow right? sheesh. look at hot topic, thousands of them each time the movie comes out!

thank you again for your post!!!!!!! just like my huge collection of pirate stuff, my virtual avatars and sigs is just large (ahahaha) I finally stopped looking for them since erm it's embarrassing... I am a collector through and through and jack is my #1 collection. I have the cardboard jack.. just not the real jack YET
    Last edited by deependgirl; 02-20-2013 at 04:36 PM.

I have so much pirate memorabilia that it's not even funny. I even have items given to cast and crew members. As for dressing Duffy as Captain Jack Sparrow, I want him to look more authentic. I plan to purchase a second Disney Captain Jack Sparrow outfit and a second BAB pirate outfit and cut the braids out of the BAB pirate hat and adhere them to the Disney pirate hat. Whenever I want to dress Duffy as the real Captain Jack Sparrow, I'll just put the Disney Captain Jack Sparrow coat over the BAB pirate outfit and include the hybrid hat. Hopefully, the execution works as intended, but even if it doesn't, I'll still have my original Disney and BAB pirate outfits. The fifth movie is scheduled for a release date of July 15, 2015, so we have time.

• Journey On!

That sounds awesome, ZT. And now you have to do it because this post constitutes my official photo request submission!

So, I finally took some pictures of my Duffy family! It includes quite a few bears, incuding a few Disney bears. They are on a lounge in my bedroom where I can lay in bed and look at them all! It makes me happy!

Group photo!

Name:  IMG_5058 (600x400).jpg
Views: 176
Size:  179.5 KB
    Big Shellie May & Duffy with a Disney bear
    Name:  IMG_5057 (600x400).jpg
Views: 171
Size:  174.0 KB
    My traveling pair and friends!
    Name:  IMG_5056 (600x400).jpg
Size:  187.8 KB
    My "pre-dressed" bears and Mickey's with Duffy!
    Name:  IMG_5059 (600x400).jpg
Views: 169
Size:  200.5 KB
    So that's my Duffy family! As of now....
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

[QUOTE=Naelyan;1056922308]So, I finally took some pictures of my Duffy family! It includes quite a few bears, incuding a few Disney bears. They are on a lounge in my bedroom where I can lay in bed and look at them all! It makes me happy!

How long have you been collecting Duffy and Shellie May? That's quite an impressive collection. I see you live in Orlando. I won't tell my sister, who lives in Chicago, because after she does my Duffy intervention in Nashville (she's threatening but hasn't shown up yet and I stopped sending her photos after the pajama party way back because she thought it was "really childish but I'm glad you are happy"), she will be halfway to you! Just kidding.

I really like Dated Duffy (2013 bear that I got first) as much a the regular Duffy and Shellie May, and think of each of my bears as having a unique personality; are you like that?

My attempt with needle and thread after purchasing some adorable baby clothes at Target and having to alter them.

#1 - Hem the pants, cut a V out of the back to get rid of some bagginess and then leave a tail hole, hem the sweater and close up the arm holes a little.

#2 - Hem the shirt on Shellie May, split the side seam and sew a white panel to make it wider for her from the onesie that I threw away, and then use the large elastic piece from the gigantic panties (due to babies wearing diapers and it needing to fit around that) for her headband as well as some spare material from the onesie (white) and a flower from the panties for her headdress.

#3 - Hem the t-shirt for Duffy and the gray shorts look like pants LOL.

I'm done with alterations; I don't even know how to sew! These are some well loved bears!

Duffy looks like he's having a time out but really he just dropped his lucky penny. He's quite the little handsome fellow, stepping out all stylin'.

Name:  988 (640x427).jpg
Views: 170
Size:  245.3 KBName:  989 (640x426).jpg
Size:  233.0 KBName:  990 (427x640).jpg
Size:  225.8 KBName:  998 (426x640).jpg
Size:  228.9 KBName:  999 (427x640).jpg
Views: 172
Size:  232.7 KBName:  083 (640x480) (631x429).jpg
Views: 167
Size:  242.8 KB

What pants did you use on the St. Patrick's Day bear Naelyan?

• Journey On!

JillT, I both the pants and sweater/shirt in the next-to-last one! Oh my! Oh my my! I WANT IT!!! Can you still get more of those to alter? Would you? I'll pay you! Those are fantastically fabulous!!!