Page 152 of 280 FirstFirst ... 52102127142149150151152153154155162177202252 ... LastLast
Results 2,266 to 2,280 of 4189

• Munchings & Crunchings

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Very cute family, Naelyan. Where did you get the shoes that St. Patty's Day Duffy is wearing? I see the Duffy mark on them...are they...the Peter Pan shoes?? Did those have the Duffy prints on them too? That is fantastic if they do and a great sign for improved Disney costume quality. Oh, and big ShellieMay is so cute.

JillT, that's great work on those outfits, and I agree with DuffyD that the blue sweater vest & pants combo is super cute!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

I somehow missed Naelyan's brood. I guess that'll teach me to scroll all the way down on iPhone! So cute! If there are a few more collections like Naelyan's in the US, I guess Duffy's position is secure!

I guess those are the Peter Pan shoes. I want them and the Pajama slippers, but Disney's margin on these is a little hard for me to swallow since I only like the shoes.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I need to take a photo of my updated collection soon.

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

Naelyan, that is an awesome family photo.

JillT, you rock! I thought those were your original designs, not alterations.

• North American Duffeteer

I want to talk about the Disneyland Paris Valentine's Day baseball/sailor outfit that Duffy wore.

As we all said, it was very adorable. But there was one detail we missed. The words "Duffy Brings Love" on the sailor outfit's heart.

Here is the image, courtesy of Character Central.
    "Be My Valentine" day at DLP | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

What is more interesting is that Disneyland Paris is using the Tokyo Duffy!

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    JillT, I both the pants and sweater/shirt in the next-to-last one! Oh my! Oh my my! I WANT IT!!! Can you still get more of those to alter? Would you? I'll pay you! Those are fantastically fabulous!!!
    Thank you for the compliment, Duffy Daisuki. I'll go today on my lunch hour. Is that the only outfit you want? If so, how many? Just as a disclaimer, a seamstress I am not so in real life, you can sort of tell I turned the pants under twice and hemmed them, then turned them under one more time. I didn't trust myself to cut them in case the material ravelled or in case it was crooked. You can see the white stitches on the t-shirt that I cut (it was a onesie before; that's a one piece body suit with snaps at the crotch so I cut it off at the waist and hemmed it) and the sweater vest is still a little big on him. So I really appreciate your compliment!

So if you know someone who sews, especially on a sewing machine, it would take them way less than the maybe 2 hours (yes, that is slow but I don't really know what I'm doing) that it took me!

You can decide whether you want just the outfits and to alter them yourself, or if you still want me to do it.

The outfit itself was um, I think $14.99 + we have 9.25% sales tax. No matter. I will get what I can and can return them if you decide nay. I have never shipped to Japan so I have no idea how much that is (you can let me know what service you want and how fast you need it there).

I know you run the Duffy Post so I trust your judgment/offer. They don't sell this outfit online; I looked this morning. So I'll post tonight if I can get them and how many I got.

The bears said, "newborn baby clothes? We're not babies!"
    "No, you're not, but here. Put this on. Let me see how it looks."
    "Oh, okay.....oh, goodie! Yes, we like it!"
    Last edited by JillT; 02-21-2013 at 07:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZTRinZler View Post
    I have so much pirate memorabilia that it's not even funny. I even have items given to cast and crew members. As for dressing Duffy as Captain Jack Sparrow, I want him to look more authentic. I plan to purchase a second Disney Captain Jack Sparrow outfit and a second BAB pirate outfit and cut the braids out of the BAB pirate hat and adhere them to the Disney pirate hat. Whenever I want to dress Duffy as the real Captain Jack Sparrow, I'll just put the Disney Captain Jack Sparrow coat over the BAB pirate outfit and include the hybrid hat. Hopefully, the execution works as intended, but even if it doesn't, I'll still have my original Disney and BAB pirate outfits. The fifth movie is scheduled for a release date of July 15, 2015, so we have time.
    woohoo can't wait to see your costume!

Quote Originally Posted by JillT View Post
    How long have you been collecting Duffy and Shellie May? That's quite an impressive collection.
    I have been collecting since early 2011 since I moved to Orlando. My husband and I are lovers of all things Japanese and also Disney, and I myself am a huge teddy bear lover, so Duffy was a must have in our family!
    Quote Originally Posted by JillT View Post
    I really like Dated Duffy (2013 bear that I got first) as much a the regular Duffy and Shellie May, and think of each of my bears as having a unique personality; are you like that?
    I am the same way! I buy my bears based on if they "speak" to me when I see them in store (or pictures-like with Shellie May!) I was lucky that I got to "pick" my Shellie May from pictures even though I was not able to be in Japan and buy her myself!
    Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss View Post
    What pants did you use on the St. Patrick's Day bear Naelyan?
    Those are the pants from the Spring Voyage 2012 outfit!
    Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Very cute family, Naelyan. Where did you get the shoes that St. Patty's Day Duffy is wearing? I see the Duffy mark on them...are they...the Peter Pan shoes?? Did those have the Duffy prints on them too? That is fantastic if they do and a great sign for improved Disney costume quality. Oh, and big ShellieMay is so cute.
    Yes! They are the Peter Pan shoes! I wasn't sure what shoes to put on him, and I thought they looked a little elf-like. And they do have the Duffy prints on the bottom! And I LOVE my big Shellie May! I splurged when I got her, but she was sooooo worth it!
    Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    I somehow missed Naelyan's brood. I guess that'll teach me to scroll all the way down on iPhone! So cute! If there are a few more collections like Naelyan's in the US, I guess Duffy's position is secure!
    I don't know what I'm gonna do! I'm running out of room on the lounge! I may have to put shelves up on that wall!

Thanks for the Love, guys! I adore my Duffy family and wouldn't give them up for anything! Duffy has truly helped me through some tough times when I first moved to Orlando. He's truly become my Happiness Bear!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

I am the same way! I buy my bears based on if they "speak" to me when I see them in store (or pictures-like with Shellie May!) I was lucky that I got to "pick" my Shellie May from pictures even though I was not able to be in Japan and buy her myself!

That's amazing Naelyan! That you got to pick your Shellie May from pictures and bond with her before she arrived. My poor Shellie May was stuffed into a shoebox by some uncaring ebay seller in Ohio, although luckily, she arrived safely and I think it makes her even more of a sweetheart because she was so relieved to be out of there and into a loving home! And yes, as I was spending time in WDW Duffy was starting to grow on me, and then I just happened to see Dated Duffy and I swear he was like, "please adopt me! Pretty please," not out of desperation or fear of staying on the shelf, but with all the displays of Duffy I was running across (I'm not a huge fan of the cartoony cardboard cutout seen everywhere), this was the first Duffy that actually "spoke to me". Then I swear, when I discovered his clothes wouldn't come off and I was debating whether to get the larger 17" plush, he said he wanted a brother and I thought he might jump out of the trunk of my car (as I left my car at the resort to board a bus for Downtown Disney the last morning before leaving to drive home) if I didn't get him one. Not as a temper tantrum, as Duffy is not a brat, but more like a little kid pretty please, please get me a brother, and mischievously climbing out of my trunk to go get a brother and sneak him in as a stowaway himself. So um, yeah, I got him a brother and boy do I have fun now! I can't believe a month ago I didn't even own a Duffy and still was at the point that I didn't care.

Another funny story is I didn't even do this as a child (didn't like dolls, playing house, or dressing them up). I liked stuffed animals better but mostly just had them on display or in a big trunk that I would switch out which ones were on my bed lined up. Duffy truly is the bear of happiness and luck and Shellie May DOES bring joy!

I actually went out and bought a 3 shelf bookcase for $20 at Target to display my Duffy collection on. But now it's full! I might get another bookcase sometime or if I can find a 2 shelf one that would work too. But the one I have now is jam packed.

Oooookay....

Got back tonight from a spur of the moment 2 day trip to WDW.

Started yesterday at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

While cutting through PIXAR Place (Toy Story Mania had a posted 2 hour wait), we stopped for a photo with one of the green army men.

After a quick lunch, we headed out to the Streets of America.

A trio of girls flagged me down and asked where I got Shellie May. I told them and we chatted for a bit about her and Duffy. They agreed the US parks are going about Duffy's marketing here all wrong.

Duffy and Shellie May went for a ride on a speeder bike...

We stopped to watch a streetmosphere show and got a photo with the friendly police officers after (and got their autographs).

These props were on display near the Indiana Jones stunt show (the trail off to the side on the right... I forgot they were there).

Finally it was time to go check in at the hotel (I had enough reward points to redeem for a free night... it pays to always stay at the same place!).

After settling in at the hotel, we got dinner at Fuddruckers.

Then off to the Magic Kingdom for the evening since they were open until 11:00pm.

They were playing Justin Bieber at the dance party in Tomorrowland. Duffy did NOT like that.

A quick stop at the teacups...

...then it was onto Storybook Circus. The bears were smart enough to stay away from the Casey Jr. water play area.

Over at Pete's Silly Sideshow, we saw Goofy...

...and Donald.

We then headed to New Fantasyland.

Then we took a spin on the carousel. Duffy & Shellie May got to ride by themselves on their own horse! And yes they actually rode like that! I was able to secure the belt thingy around them tight enough so they wouldn't fall off. Lots of people were pointing and looked quite amused at the sight.

Here's a video I shot of them riding the carousel:

Photo in front of the castle before the park closed.

Back at the hotel, we had cookies from Fuddruckers (they make REALLY good cookies!) & Doritos as a bedtime snack.

The bears made a pillow fort.

Finally it was time for bed as we had another full day ahead of us.

And that's it for Day One! Stay tuned for day two at Epcot!
    Last edited by aimster; 02-21-2013 at 09:40 PM.

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

Awesome photos, aimster! I especially love the photos of Shellie May and Duffy riding a carousel horse and a speeder bike and of Shellie May and Duffy posing with Goofy and Donald. It’s too bad BAB doesn’t have a teddy bear-sized speeder bike. I really like how the Goofy pic sort of encapsulates Goofy’s “awe shucks!” attitude.

And thanks for posting the video of Shellie May and Duffy riding their very own carousel horse. As soon as I saw the carousel picture and read its caption, I immediately tried to imagine the carousel ride, so I was so happy to see the video. It’s too bad you couldn’t include the surprised looks from a few of the onlookers. I would love to have seen their faces.

Shellie May’s dress is so beautiful, and Duffy looks quite “the bear” in his very handsome outfit. Their outfits really complemented one another. I guess the policeman on the right thought so too. He inadvertently made Shellie May show of the goods.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by ZTRinZler View Post
    Awesome photos, aimster!…I really like how the Goofy pic sort of encapsulates Goofy’s “awe shucks!” attitude.

And thanks for posting the video of Shellie May and Duffy riding their very own carousel horse. As soon as I saw the carousel picture and read its caption, I immediately tried to imagine the carousel ride, so I was so happy to see the video…
    Identical experience!

• North American Duffeteer

Just a Duffy photo I want to share:

Every New Year's Day, the Tokyo Disney Resort always celebrates the new year done in the traditional Japanese way. We've seen Mickey and friends celebrating the new year by donning traditional Japanese outfits, and for the Year of the Snake (in which Kaa the Snake from the Jungle Book was the spotlight to fit the theme), at Tokyo DisneySea of the New Year, Duffy and ShellieMay joined in the celebrations.

What I'm going to present is a drawing that I did:

A Duffy themed pochibukuro. What are they? The pochibukuro are small decorated envelopes decorated with various themes that contain money and are given to children on New Year's day. The pochibukuro are similar to the Chinese red envelopes used for the Lunar New Year.

What do you guys think? And aimster, I feel for your Duffy, too. My Duffy also hates Justin Bieber.

(Question? Is it just me or do the UniBEARsity teddy bears seem to be named after food?)

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Just trying to catch up but I can't see most of the pictures at work grrrr! I loved the DLRP Duffy pics, thanks for sharing those MikkiMausu99 Makes me want to take a trip there!

Here is a pic of Duffy with our goodies from Choccywoccydoodah

Name:  8128734733_48ee87bccf.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  150.6 KB

The cake was yummy and a lot larger than it looks!

We also spent some time in Nottingham and went to Sherwood Forest

Duffy thought the owl was real at first but I showed him it was a carving

Name:  8486176515_daa370dc46.jpg
Size:  214.0 KB

The Laughing Tree - Duffy can climb trees with no branches!

Name:  8487267332_1003e93558.jpg
Size:  224.5 KB

Here is the plaque

Name:  8486175113_a52f005586.jpg
Size:  157.9 KB

The Old Oak where Robin Hood was supposed to have hidden. Duffy of course wanted to try and climb it, he said it looked 'easy peasy' but it was fenced off as even walking on the ground over the roots could damage it.

Name:  8486173179_072722bbd8.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  190.8 KB

Name:  8486172545_7dd59886b7.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  194.5 KB

Name:  8486171063_458b479774.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  216.7 KB

I suprised him with a Robin Hood hat I got earlier!

Name:  8487257430_245862008f.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  208.7 KB

Photos from Flickr