Page 154 of 261 FirstFirst ... 54104129144151152153154155156157164179204254 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 3904

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Three hours later, I went to check on the bears.

Shellie May was looking in on Duffy, thinking, "hmmm, he does look mighty comfortable!"

She decided to drag a pillow over and join him.
    "This is sort of heavy," she said.

Then she prepared her spot.

Yes, it is definitely still hibernation season!

Name:  075 - Shellie May thinks hmmm, Duffy sure looks comfortable maybe I'll join him (640x427).jpg
Views: 185
Size:  127.4 KBName:  076 - Shellie May is so cute in her pajamas (426x640).jpg
Views: 188
Size:  142.8 KBName:  077 - Showcasing Shellie May's pajamas and bow (640x427).jpg
Views: 187
Size:  146.9 KBName:  078 - Shellie May dragging a pillow over (427x640).jpg
Size:  147.8 KBName:  079 - This is sort of heavy, says Shellie May (640x427).jpg
Views: 188
Size:  148.7 KBName:  080 - Shellie May preparing her spot (427x640).jpg
Size:  147.1 KBName:  081- Yes, it is still hibernation season (640x427).jpg
Size:  148.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images   

JillT, wherever did you find that bear sized armoire? Too cute! I have been looking and looking for something like that to store Duffy and ShellieMay's clothes.

JillT, wherever did you find that bear sized armoire? Too cute! I have been looking and looking for something like that to store Duffy and ShellieMay's clothes.

They are sold on Amazon, at Sears, at Walmart, and the best price was at Meijer, a general/grocery type store (similar to Super Walmart). I painted some of the knobs blue from some leftover paint from my utility room for Duffy. The normal armoire comes with pink knobs. It's made by KidKraft.

It's not as deep as I'd like, though.

It will store their shirts, shorts, and pants, coats, and some of the shorter dresses, but it also only fits two pair of shoes. If you leave the shelf out you can store more long dresses.
    Last edited by JillT; 02-23-2013 at 03:47 PM.

Aimster, that dress on Shellie May is so adorable! And I love the idea of hair clips for bows. Our Shellie May is now begging for some of her own!

JillT, that Tippy Blue pillow sure completes the scene, now I want to get all cozy!

Oh my, and Duffy climbing trees, so fun!
    Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by JillT View Post
    Aimster, I love the outfits you have on Duffy and Shellie May. Did your aunt make Shellie May's dress? I love the flowers. So feminine but not overdone!
    Nope. The dress is from Busch Gardens. They have a "build an animal" thing in one of the gift shops there and some outfits. I saw this dress during the Christmas Town event and my mom went back and got it for Shellie May for Christmas. It came with a matching hat, but Shellie wanted her ear bows this time instead.

And I'm going to have to look up that armorie on Meijer's site. I worked at Meijer ago when I was in college (like 20 years ago). Build A Bear has their own version but I want to check these out too.

And.... now.... PHOTOS!

Hey.... What's this?

Shellie, come check it out!

Hello? Anyone in there?

Hellooooo?

Oh! Hello there! And you are...?

Say hello to our new friend.... Bearemy!

I had a BAB reward thing for a free bear (or $12 off a bear of my choice) and decided to get Bearemy. I always thought he was pretty cute. And his feet kind of have toes like Duffy & Shellie May once get got his stuffing in!

Say hello to our new friend.... Bearemy!

I love the storyline and captions. Cute name!

OMGoshness, Aimster! I love Duffy's and Shellie's outfits here, too! And the peek at your collection shelf is a great bonus!

The BAB armoires are a little plasticky and branded for my taste. The Meijer one looks like real wood and has a more sophisticated, classic feel to me. But it sounds like it may be sized more for slimmer dolls' clothes than wider bears' clothes, too…

On the American girl website, they sell a massive wooden doll armoire for $349. It's really nice and it comes with a shoe bag to hang on one of the doors, shelves, and some fabric cubes for the clothes. I didn't take note of the link, but it's under the furniture tab. It's not something I am buying anytime soon, no space and none of my real furniture cost that much lol. It would be nice to keep all of the BAB and Snoopy doll clothes in one place though.

Quote Originally Posted by dazyhill View Post
    On the American girl website, they sell a massive wooden doll armoire for $349. It's really nice and it comes with a shoe bag to hang on one of the doors, shelves, and some fabric cubes for the clothes. I didn't take note of the link, but it's under the furniture tab. It's not something I am buying anytime soon, no space and none of my real furniture cost that much lol. It would be nice to keep all of the BAB and Snoopy doll clothes in one place though.
    I was on the American Girl website recently also even though I heard the clothes are too narrow for the Disney bears (that makes sense). I wanted to see what accessories they have. I love the banana seat bike but OMG, $100 for a bike for a doll? I don't care "if the wheels really turn". Or how about $349 for a car wash set? Makes me feel alot better accessorizing Duffy and Shellie May PLUS would an American Girl doll bring me joy like Shellie May or be the doll of happiness and luck like Duffy? I don't THINK so!

Not bashing American Girl dolls, just sayin'

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by JillT View Post
    I was on the American Girl website recently also even though I heard the clothes are too narrow for the Disney bears (that makes sense). I wanted to see what accessories they have. I love the banana seat bike but OMG, $100 for a bike for a doll? I don't care "if the wheels really turn". Or how about $349 for a car wash set? Makes me feel alot better accessorizing Duffy and Shellie May PLUS would an American Girl doll bring me joy like Shellie May or be the doll of happiness and luck like Duffy? I don't THINK so!

Not bashing American Girl dolls, just sayin'
    American Girl is what convinces me that Disney COULD sell Duffy items as a quality, luxury line. (Honestly, a lot of the moms get as excited about the American Girl items as the kids...or even more so. I have no children but I have my childhood doll and a few more I acquired.)

As to if they could make Duffy a quality, luxury, gender-neutral line in America, I don't know.

Some American Girl clothes fit the 12" US or even the Smiling Spring Voyage bears. The Duffys' arms are a bit shorter (and I think chunkier), and both the 12" Duffy and ESPECIALLY the Spring Voyage bears are shorter in the trunk/legs.

12" US Duffy with outfit I sewed for an American Girl (sash and hat were for Duffy though)

12" US Duffy in Addy dress

With some sort of pants (I think they're pajama pants?)--you can see how they're rather bunched up at the leg. Shorts are a better fit.

In common American Girl jeans (not the most comfortable; poor Duffy!) and hoodie

Smiling Shellie May in same hoodie, and with shorts handmade for American Girl

American Girl is what convinces me that Disney COULD sell Duffy items as a quality, luxury line. (Honestly, a lot of the moms get as excited about the American Girl items as the kids...or even more so. I have no children but I have my childhood doll and a few more I acquired.)

It's proof if Disney looked at this thread that there are plenty of adults, both men and women, who love Duffy and Shellie May and are on the constant hunt for more clothes and accessories.

By the way, speaking of customizing, have you (or anyone on this thread) sewn a Shellie May hand puppet into a plushie? I'd love to get Shellie May a sister but there is nothing smaller than 17" other than a pre-dressed Smiling Sweet Shellie May from spring voyage 2012 (I have her, yay). I would like something that I can dress. Since the hand puppet has legs instead of just being cut off where you put your arm in, I'm thinking it's a possibility but a seamstress I am not. I kind of just "wing it" with a needle and thread and don't own a sewing machine.

• I love that tiny bear!

Jill, you can definitely remove Smiling Shellie May's shirt with no difficulty--just clip a couple threads, if I recall correctly, and then you do kind of have to squish it off of her, but it was fine. The bow comes off fine too...getting it back ON might be a challenge, but someday I'll sew it to some elastic so I can. I assume 2013 Smiling Spring Voyage Shellie May will be the same, since the outfit's design is similar.

Anyway, I love her SO much more after I redressed her...and she was already rather lovable.

I know there is a Duffy fan site with a ton of clothing patterns that, if Google's translation was accurate, gave instructions on how to size for the puppet. So I imagine you don't NEED to sew the puppet up to make her clothe-able, either.

I haven't seen the puppet but my GUESS would be that she'd be kind of squished if you just sewed up the bottom...I would THINK you'd have to cut a round or D-shaped piece of fabric to sew onto the part where the hand goes, so she'd be 3-D at the bottom. (Then stuff her and sew up the spot where you put in the stuffing.) Finding fabric that matched her fur perfectly would be difficult (and probably extremely pricey, if you cut up some Shellie May merchandise to get the fur!). But you could always acquire/make some bloomers to go on top so the off-spot didn't show.

I haven't seen the puppet but my GUESS would be that she'd be kind of squished if you just sewed up the bottom...I would THINK you'd have to cut a round or D-shaped piece of fabric to sew onto the part where the hand goes, so she'd be 3-D at the bottom. (Then stuff her and sew up the spot where you put in the stuffing.) Finding fabric that matched her fur perfectly would be difficult (and probably extremely pricey, if you cut up some Shellie May merchandise to get the fur!). But you could always acquire/make some bloomers to go on top so the off-spot didn't show

I was going to stuff the puppet, not just sew it closed. I have some little 8" teddy bear clothes already. I guess I got a little ahead of myself. I love the smiling Sweet Shellie May but I really only want one with that expression for now. Thanks for your advice. I might attempt it.

• I love that tiny bear!

Right, I know you'd stuff the puppet, but I ASSUME the puppet has an open spot at the bottom that is meant to be filled by a hand. If you just sewed that closed straight across, it might give Shellie May a flat, wide appearance at the bottom, since the puppet was designed to have that space rounded off. And she'd probably have a lot of trouble sitting, since her bottom would be a straight line! (when stuffed, that straight line would be rounded but I'm not sure if that would be enough to make her sit right; I think she'd be wobbly because her backside wouldn't have enough volume to it...but I haven't seen the puppets)

But if you sewed on a circle or D shaped piece of fabric around the edges at the bottom, to fill that space (and then stuffed her), she'd probably be more properly proportioned.

It should make for an interesting, educational project, that's for sure!