Page 155 of 288 FirstFirst ... 55105130145152153154155156157158165180205255 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 4317

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    American Girl is what convinces me that Disney COULD sell Duffy items as a quality, luxury line. (Honestly, a lot of the moms get as excited about the American Girl items as the kids...or even more so. I have no children but I have my childhood doll and a few more I acquired.)

As to if they could make Duffy a quality, luxury, gender-neutral line in America, I don't know.

Some American Girl clothes fit the 12" US or even the Smiling Spring Voyage bears. The Duffys' arms are a bit shorter (and I think chunkier), and both the 12" Duffy and ESPECIALLY the Spring Voyage bears are shorter in the trunk/legs.

12" US Duffy with outfit I sewed for an American Girl (sash and hat were for Duffy though)

12" US Duffy in Addy dress

With some sort of pants (I think they're pajama pants?)--you can see how they're rather bunched up at the leg. Shorts are a better fit.

In common American Girl jeans (not the most comfortable; poor Duffy!) and hoodie

Smiling Shellie May in same hoodie, and with shorts handmade for American Girl

My daughter's American girl dolls and Duffy share clothes all the time! (Saves me from sewing two different outfits). I had to look twice at your pictures-we have the pink jacket too LOL

Shellie May is still too shy to leave her new cozy home in TN (remember, she was shipped from Ohio curled tightly into a shoe box L), but I went to Build-A-Bear to get my first pawsport stamp.

Upon looking at some of the bows, I was concerned that the rubber band might damage her ear. The Build-A-Bear employee showed me how to put it on one of their bears which prompted me to explain it was for Shellie May, the Disney bear, you know, Duffy’s friend. The clerk humored me even though I’m sure she had no clue what I was talking about so I explained that Shellie’s fur is in little tufts instead of uniform and her ears are more delicate and thinner. The clerk said, “oh, well, if you’re concerned, you can have some of THESE for free,” leading me behind the cash register, to a shelf with several different colored bows in buckets. I already had some items to purchase so I asked if it would be too piggish if I took 3 of some colors in case one broke. She said, “no, help yourself. You can have as many of those as you want. Really, it’s fine,” with a smile. I thanked her.

When I brought them home and showed Shellie May she was so happy! “All those for ME?” she said? She was thrilled and can’t decide which color is her favorite! It kept her out of mischief for several hours! Duffy, meanwhile, was hibernating.

I'm beginning to think all he does is sleep!

Name:  085 - Oh, wow, all those bows are for me, Shellie May said (427x640).jpg
Views: 184
Size:  164.2 KBName:  086 - I put two in her hair (640x427).jpg
Views: 185
Size:  150.8 KBName:  087 - Shellie May playing with the bows that the nice lady at Build A Bear gave me for her (640x.jpg
Size:  163.3 KBName:  088 - Close-up of Shellie May playing with the bows (640x427).jpg
Size:  173.3 KBName:  089 - She can't decide which color is her favorite (426x640).jpg
Size:  247.7 KBName:  084 - Look at the cute heart sequin sewn on her leggings (427x640) (427x640).jpg
Size:  175.8 KB

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

With the BAB bows, a trick I did was, snip off the elastic, take a small safety pin and slide into the back of the bow's knot, then pin the bow to Shellie's ear. It's a little tricky but it can be done. Shellie's ears are much larger than BAB animal ears, so I now go with the "alligator clip" bows you can find at most stores that sell hair accessories. I just don't like squishing her ears unless it's to put them under one of the couple hats she has (and then it's just folding them back against her head).

With the BAB bows, a trick I did was, snip off the elastic, take a small safety pin and slide into the back of the bow's knot, then pin the bow to Shellie's ear. It's a little tricky but it can be done. Shellie's ears are much larger than BAB animal ears, so I now go with the "alligator clip" bows you can find at most stores that sell hair accessories. I just don't like squishing her ears unless it's to put them under one of the couple hats she has (and then it's just folding them back against her head).

Good idea. Thanks for the tip. These actually fit her okay, because they're simple and have a thinner rubber band and um, yes, I found myself wandering down the craft aisle at Walmart and they had hair accessories for babies (not sure why those would be in the craft half-aisle).

Another good place to look is Claire's and The Icing at the mall. They have lots of bows in all sorts of colors, sizes and variations.

• Felice Natale!

American Girl is what convinces me that Disney COULD sell Duffy items as a quality, luxury line. (Honestly, a lot of the moms get as excited about the American Girl items as the kids...or even more so. I have no children but I have my childhood doll and a few more I acquired.)
    I agree. And I think Duffy has broader appeal, by virtue of a more gender-neutral concept and Disney pedigree. If Hasbro can accidentally produce a concept that appears to cross age and gender barriers (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic), surely Disney can intentionally do so.

The Disney Bear's success in 2004 was a happy accident, but not a shocking surprise. Everything with Duffy since 2005 has been meticulously crafted and is very intentional. The problem with Disney so far is that the only intentions I can make out are to genericize the story and specific character/location spirit, lower production quality, cheapen the brand, and flood the market, effectively ruining Duffy's image and reputation. I'm not in favor of any of these, and I am DEEPLY opposed to what I feel is the above-mentioned inevitable outcome of this approach.

American Girl items are too pricey for me, generally, because that's not my "thing." But I can immediately understand the quality and why someone who likes it would buy it. In contrast, Duffy is totally my thing, yet I can't understand why anyone would purchase the Mother's/Father's Day shirts from last year, most of the 12" bears, nor that Easter chicken. In these cases, I strongly feel it is not just a matter of "personal taste." Those products, to my eye, demonstrate an apparent lack of both effort and artistic integrity. What's worse, it seems so blatant that I find it insulting to the fans the items were "created" for.

Quote Originally Posted by JillT View Post
    It's proof if Disney looked at this thread that there are plenty of adults, both men and women, who love Duffy and Shellie May and are on the constant hunt for more clothes and accessories…
    If Monty Maldovan (or his assistant/staff) isn't reading these boards every day, something is very wrong. You know, I can't thank Gurgi enough for turning my attention to MLP:FIM. I have no intention of becoming a "brony" myself; Duffy is enough! I won't collect the dolls or go to conventions, but I will definitely watch more episodes of the show because what I've seen impressed me.

More impressive even than the show itself, though, is the way Hasbro and the show's creative team actively seek opportunities to engage with adult fans and respond positively to feedback. And even as they do these things, they make no secret that the show is still designed primarily for young girls, while occasionally adding layers that equally amuse adult fans as little in-jokes. These marketers, show runners and voice actors found out where fans were meeting, made accounts, and went there. They wanted the conversation, even though these people were and are not and will never be their primary audience. They care about what they're doing, and I imagine it feels pretty good to have adults articulate the merits of your kids' show. They are proud of their work and it shows.

…I know there is a Duffy fan site with a ton of clothing patterns that, if Google's translation was accurate, gave instructions on how to size for the puppet...
    Um, yeah, that LINK!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JillT View Post
    It should make for an interesting, educational project, that's for sure!
    As Eeee-va said, I think the hardest part will be finding plush fabric in exactly the same pile and hue as the puppet's fur. If you can find that, or accept that she'll just have a mismatched "baboon bottom," the stitching and stuffing itself shouldn't be too tough. I think it'd be easier to do something like that by hand anyway, and the plush pile should completely hide your stitches, as long as you're careful not to see the plush under your stitch!

• I love that tiny bear!

Looks like the old Sewing Thread is locked, or I would've posted this there.

無料型紙工房ことろ (Cotoro.net)

I haven't tried out the patterns (I have an ambitious project planned with a deadline of about...3 weeks... and frankly, I am scared, since I'll be modifying existing patterns...so I'm kind of procrastinating).

無料型紙工房ことろ : ダッフィー等☆縫いぐるみ・人形の型紙の互換*☆拡大 倍率のまとめ is the page that gives the scaling. The Google Translate doesn't quite make sense to me but it sounds like if you're sewing for a puppet, the size might be 70%--actually, I can't figure that out at all, so ignore that number--of if you were using a pattern for the S (17") Duffy? (and then SS--Smiling Spring Voyage bears, I believe--is 75%) It does translate an item as "porch" which I guess would be "pouch," which I'd guess is the bears you can put coins/etc. in. Which I have seen a zipper/pouch Shellie May dressed, I believe, and she was cute. )

I THINK the site mentions that certain proportions are different in some of the bears (I know the legs in particular on the SS bears are VERY short!). But I don't remember for sure if it says that. It does note that Shellie May is slimmer than Duffy (except I believe the magnet bears are identical, or at least, mine seem to be).

Wait-there is a Duffy sewing thread? Gotta go look at that

• Felice Natale!

Thanks, Eeee-va!^^ These people are TALENTED!

• North American Duffeteer

Just a Duffy photo I want to share:

This is something I worked on recently.

A Disney Dollar concept piece. We've seen various characters depicted on the notes, but never the recently introduced characters. In this case, Duffy.

What do you guys think?

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Name:  2013-02-17_09-50-02_722 (509x640).jpg
Views: 160
Size:  192.3 KB

this is just a photo I took of my boyfriends duffy, he is one of the smaller 12'' bears wearing the jedi in training shirt he was the epcot 30th anniversy bear. He is a very expressive little bear. He will be making sure that I post updated pictures of my Duff family.

• Lemony Goodness

Bebs, you're right about his expressiveness!

Also, hope to soon post the Harlem Shake my university did.. Duffy made an appearance with me!

Some of those 12" Duffys have some serious personality. A friend of mine (whom I sometimes go to WDW with) has a 12" Duffy who is a little spitfire. He and my Duffy are ALWAYS causing shenanigans when they get to hang out. It's funniest when they fight.

• Munchings & Crunchings

It's Monday, and at work everyone has a serious case of them, so mini-Duffy, or Duff-a-lump as I call him, says it's time to party! Let's make it happy!

• Felice Natale!

Yay! Mondays are for DUFFY PARTIES! Spread it!