Page 167 of 264 FirstFirst ... 67117142157164165166167168169170177192217 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,505 of 3957

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

You should get a free account on Photobucket, upload your photos there then copy/paste the [IMG] links into your posts. It's much easier than you think.

Photobucket is not very user friendly. I've had problems with them.

It's easier to just upload directly than to upload to photobucket and then have to paste the link, but it is an option until they get micechat fixed.

Thanks.
    Last edited by JillT; 03-17-2013 at 09:16 AM.

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

Since Duffy is the bear of happiness and luck, he and Irish Duffy found a pot of gold.

Shellie May, the bear of joy, came in dancing the Irish jig.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by JillT; 03-17-2013 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JillT View Post
    Photobucket is not very user friendly. I've had problems with them.
    Really? I find them to be very user-friendly (much moreso than Flikr) and have never had problems with them (been using them for years).

But... whatever floats your boat.

Heh heh, I don't use flickr either

I do upload my photos to snapfish for printing and then put them in an album as well as make slide shows on my PC (burn to DVD) for my vacations.

Maybe if you're on facebook and twitter and all that photo bucket or flickr is good, but I'm sort of old school (go ahead and laugh in good jest, it's okay) and occasionally send an email to several people at once, but mostly like to send individual emails just to the person involved. This is actually only my first forum I've joined...

My photo bucket account is sort of my Plan B if all else fails...
    Last edited by JillT; 03-17-2013 at 09:53 AM.

I was using Photobucket before I even thought of signing up for Facebook... and I didn't join Twitter until last year.

Aww! JillT, those are cute pictures! I will have pictures up tomorrow of our outing to Epcot today! It's getting too late to do it now!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

I hope everyone had a fun and exciting St. Patrick's Day. After a party- and parade-filled weekend, Shellie May and Ragan finally had a moment to enjoy some downtime. And what better way than by eating a box of Thin Mints and drinking a big ole mug of green tea? Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Does Shellie May like the thin mints at room temperature or frozen? She is so adorable. I like her top, even if it's not green

Is Ragan the snake?

• I love that tiny bear!

From Ariel's Undersea Adventure in Disney California Adventure! They were very excited to see her. I got a ridiculous number of compliments and one of the nice CMs took me aside to skip a 15-minute wait and ride.

The bad news, in November 2012, many CMs recognized Shellie May. This trip, I think maybe one or two did (and they just said "It's Duffy's girlfriend!"). It was a lost cause trying to educate them, but at least I noted she was Shellie May, Duffy's friend from Japan. Most thought it was a girl Duffy, or didn't even recognize her at all.

But the good news, I met a few CMs with genuine interest. In fact, when I went in to the Ghiradelli shop (to buy some ice cream for brunch), the greeter told me she posted a picture of Duffy with chocolate on the Duffy Facebook page (I looked and couldn't find it, but I know that page eats photos something fierce). She gave me two chocolates when I came in, and then later came up and said Shellie May needed one too.

And while I was meeting Duffy, a Japanese woman wanted a picture of my Shellie May! I noted his outfit was "Sweet Duffy" so I hope that indicated that I am a semi-educated fan.

(My mom and I also got "Honorary Citizen of Disneyland Resort" buttons--I don't THINK that had anything to do with Shellie May, but I've always wanted one so I was over the moon. )

Hello, Eeee-va

Where do you get the outfits for Sweet Shellie May? Or was this a pre-dressed one?

I notice alot of the smaller bear clothes don't have a stretch, a velcro strip, a snap, or anything and they won't fit over or even up under the legs.

That's sad about them calling Shellie May Duffy's girlfriend or not knowing her at all. About as bad as the Disney store last month not knowing who DUFFY was!

Does Shellie May like the thin mints at room temperature or frozen? She is so adorable. I like her top, even if it's not green

Is Ragan the snake?
    Shellie May prefers her thin mints room temp but won't hesitate to eat them frozen. Her dress is green even if the lighting promotes the illusion that it isn't. It's so beautiful, and the picture doesn't do it justice. Aimster's aunt maid this dress, as well as another I have. Shellie is going to wear the other one at the Irish-Italian parade next weekend. Actually, she's been proudly wearing them for the past several months as we've been busy hosting family and friends almost every single weekend since Thanksgiving.

And yes, Ragan is the leviathan (a.k.a snake). I've always been fascinated by the physical similarities between the Leviathan, as described in some Jewish texts, and J�rmungandr, the Midgard serpent described in Norse mythology. Both mighty, serpentine beasts are so large, that they encompass their respective worlds and can bite the end of their tails. When each beast lets go of its tail, a great battle will ensue. In Norse mythology, this final battle is known as Ragnar�k, and hence why I named her Ragan and her two (2) brothers Levi and Jorgen.

Thank you for all that information. I never heard of any of that but those are clever names.

Shellie May's dress sounds like the Duffy alpine outfit that I have...it is a VERY dark green and almost looks black. However, it's very nice and I like it better than the olive green with red trim outfit from Build A Bear. That's the outfit I took back when I went into the Disney store and they didn't know who Duffy and Shellie May were so I "nicely" shoved them in the employee's face and educated them. Because the bears are so cute, it didn't offend the employee; they took it lightheartedly.

Now I must take back the two smallfrys outfits I purchased online because I didn't know the smallfrys were THAT small. It's a shame because the outfits are adorable but they won't fit my puppet (who will be making an appearance in a few weeks). No problem, though, because I'm going to suburban Chicago and can get another pawsport stamp so it's not an extra trip to return them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    From Ariel's Undersea Adventure in Disney California Adventure! They were very excited to see her. I got a ridiculous number of compliments and one of the nice CMs took me aside to skip a 15-minute wait and ride. ...(My mom and I also got "Honorary Citizen of Disneyland Resort" buttons--I don't THINK that had anything to do with Shellie May, but I've always wanted one so I was over the moon. )
    Eeee-va, that must have been freakin' sweeeeet!! (gotta sing the word "sweet").

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    And I know I've said it before, but I'm going to say it again. I absolutely the outfit you made for Shellie May.

While I'm happy a few CMs know about Shellie May, it's a bit saddening to know that they only identify her as Duffy's girlfriend. We need to school them like Sheldon Cooper did his friends regarding his relationship with Amy Farrah Fowler (before they took it to the next level): "Yes, she is a girl, and she is a friend, but she is not my girlfriend."

• I love that tiny bear!

Hello, Eeee-va

Where do you get the outfits for Sweet Shellie May? Or was this a pre-dressed one?
    Thanks! I made the outfit for Shellie May to match the Little Mermaid ride Cast Members. (The pants have no closures--sewn shut--and the shirt was originally sewn closed but I ripped a seam taking it off so I added Velcro.)

The Cast Members were delighted. A few folks were saying the outfit was cute, asking where I got it, or saying they wanted one. Because of CPSIA, and because I'd have to charge $60-$70 to give myself minimum wage on an outit that isn't 100% perfect, I couldn't make them for resale. But with economies of scale and hiring skilled workers, Disney could probably make that kind of outfit for about $30. Are you listening, Disney?

I'm not sure what my next project will be (or in fairness, the next time I'll visit the Disneyland Resort!). My favorite ride over there might actually be Mater's Junkyard Jamboree, so that's a possibility. I'm not sure I like that Cast Member outfit but I reckon my 12" Duffy does.

That's sad about them calling Shellie May Duffy's girlfriend or not knowing her at all. About as bad as the Disney store last month not knowing who DUFFY was!
    Did that Disney Store STOCK Duffy? If not, that's a beyond epic failure. I'm not sure but I'm GUESSING that before DCA reopened in June, they educated the CMs about Duffy and maybe even Shellie May (I understand they have a special class that all CMs take when they start work, about the park and everything associated with it).

I'm sorry about your Smallfrys outfits. I love the one I have for my small Disney Store Duffy.