Page 17 of 270 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920274267117 ... LastLast

• North American Duffeteer

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Here are some of my photos:

(Forgive me for the multiple posts on this thread as they were attempts on properly posting a photo)

(Mickey)

(Minnie)

(Donald)

(Daisy)

(Sorcerer Mickey)

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    Last edited by MikkiMausu99; 05-10-2011 at 10:42 AM.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Nice pics!

• North American Duffeteer

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Nice pics!
    Thanks! I read about him all the time, but this was my first time meeting him, face-to-face.

Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Last edited by MikkiMausu99; 05-10-2011 at 06:36 PM.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by MikkiMausu99 View Post
    Here are some of my photos...
    Your photos are cute. I like the backdrops in Duffy's area with all the countries. I didn't know they added Christmas accent to the Camp Mickey-Minnie greeting.

I can't remember if I ever posted this, but here's when I met Duffy when he was still just "Disney Bear" back in the spring of 2003/2004. This was at EPCOT during the Teddy Bear & Doll show they had at World Showplace one weekend:

I can't remember if I ever posted this, but here's when I met Duffy when he was still just "Disney Bear" back in the spring of 2003/2004. This was at EPCOT during the Teddy Bear & Doll show they had at World Showplace one weekend:

looks like the same costume and that all they did was add a sailor outfit to him

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by Erika Glagowski View Post
    looks like the same costume and that all they did was add a sailor outfit to him
    The head is actually very different now (and MUCH cuter^^), and the new one has "fingers" instead of smoothly rounded paws. I'm back to thinking that it looks like a webbed hand recently.

I still wonder why they don't do the walkaround mascot in the same golden caramel color as the plush, though...

Yeah that's odd. What bugs me more is why is the Tigger walkaround character NEON orange and has a BLACK nose? Tigger is more of a normal orange and a RED nose. Oh and his muzzle/tummy in the original animated Pooh shorts is a faded yellow, but on the walkaround character they're white? *boggle*

So I dubbed today "Take Your Duffy to Work Day":

(I'm bored... can you tell? )

• Future Indy Castmember

Here the pics of me and Duffy from yesterday. I actually bought two outfits this time. I bought the Pirate and Mexican outfit.

By theforbiddeneye at 2011-05-15

By TheForbiddenEye at 2011-05-15

By TheForbiddenEye at 2011-05-15

Thats all from yesterday!

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Ok that pirate costume is seriously cute on Duffy. Needs pants though. Looks like I'll need to get some black pants at BAB. Already got boots when I got the jedi costume a few weeks ago.

• Future Indy Castmember

Ok that pirate costume is seriously cute on Duffy. Needs pants though. Looks like I'll need to get some black pants at BAB. Already got boots when I got the jedi costume a few weeks ago.
    Yeah, i'll probably get pants at BAB as well to help complement it. I like that the sword can be put on Duffys hand!

Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Yeah I like the sword thing too. The jedi costume from BAB comes with a lightsaber that he can hold too.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Yeah that's odd. What bugs me more is why is the Tigger walkaround character NEON orange and has a BLACK nose? Tigger is more of a normal orange and a RED nose. Oh and his muzzle/tummy in the original animated Pooh shorts is a faded yellow, but on the walkaround character they're white? *boggle*
    Yeah, me too! This bugs me all the time!!! I thought maybe it was just Tokyo, but I guess it's all over. It really is jarring; it actually distracts me from the parade or performance when I see this "electro" Tigger.

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post

I'll admit that I want to love this costume, and that I like the hat - although I think a single Mickey mark would have been enough, perhaps with crossbones. The emblem on the eyepatch should be a Mickey mark with crossbones, too, I think. That hat would look great with the Tokyo version even. That would be a perfect costume in my book. I like the sword, too, but the oversimplified colors and construction really make for a look that feels squarely aimed at kids. I guess it really comes down to the fact that the US Duffy marketing is going to be generally more this flavor. It just doesn't look like they can imagine adult collectors as the audience for Duffy and as long as what they're doing is more profitable than spending the money to make TDS-style releases, the approach will not change. I guess, for now, it's exciting to live in Japan and be able to appreciate these amazing quality costumes (if more ever release again^^). But by the time I get back to the States, I'd like to see a US design team pushing limits and a fan base that both supports them and demands their best, most creative and ambitious work.

Yesterday I was changing the bears out of their peacoats and aprons from Sweet Duffy ('sbeen a while since I had "bear time") and I noticed something wonderful. Everyone who has those peacoats surely noticed that the coat is lined all the way from the bottom hem to the hood to the sleeves with a soft, velvey material - in stark contrast to the sturdy fabric used for the upper. But I wonder if you noticed that even the pockets are lined with this same material? And the Sweet Duffy apron pockets are lined with the same material, but in brown of course.^^

I just think the Walt Disney Company should be expected to produce the best work AND at the best price. They are the owners of the character (at least legally, although to my mind Duffy still clearly belongs to OLC as far as love is concerned). Not only does WDC own the IP rights, it also has far more resources at its disposal to create quality merchandise if it so chooses. Instead, though, what I suspect will happen is that as more and more people accept lower quality standards for Duffy items, eventually the quality of Tokyo releases will also start to decline. Looking at OLC's situation and decisions lately, that's what I'm really afraid of.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Yeah, me too! This bugs me all the time!!! I thought maybe it was just Tokyo, but I guess it's all over. It really is jarring; it actually distracts me from the parade or performance when I see this "electro" Tigger.

I'll admit that I want to love this costume, and that I like the hat - although I think a single Mickey mark would have been enough, perhaps with crossbones. The emblem on the eyepatch should be a Mickey mark with crossbones, too, I think. That hat would look great with the Tokyo version even. That would be a perfect costume in my book. I like the sword, too, but the oversimplified colors and construction really make for a look that feels squarely aimed at kids. I guess it really comes down to the fact that the US Duffy marketing is going to be generally more this flavor. It just doesn't look like they can imagine adult collectors as the audience for Duffy and as long as what they're doing is more profitable than spending the money to make TDS-style releases, the approach will not change. I guess, for now, it's exciting to live in Japan and be able to appreciate these amazing quality costumes (if more ever release again^^). But by the time I get back to the States, I'd like to see a US design team pushing limits and a fan base that both supports them and demands their best, most creative and ambitious work.

Yesterday I was changing the bears out of their peacoats and aprons from Sweet Duffy ('sbeen a while since I had "bear time") and I noticed something wonderful. Everyone who has those peacoats surely noticed that the coat is lined all the way from the bottom hem to the hood to the sleeves with a soft, velvey material - in stark contrast to the sturdy fabric used for the upper. But I wonder if you noticed that even the pockets are lined with this same material? And the Sweet Duffy apron pockets are lined with the same material, but in brown of course.^^

I just think the Walt Disney Company should be expected to produce the best work AND at the best price. They are the owners of the character (at least legally, although to my mind Duffy still clearly belongs to OLC as far as love is concerned). Not only does WDC own the IP rights, it also has far more resources at its disposal to create quality merchandise if it so chooses. Instead, though, what I suspect will happen is that as more and more people accept lower quality standards for Duffy items, eventually the quality of Tokyo releases will also start to decline. Looking at OLC's situation and decisions lately, that's what I'm really afraid of.
    Yeah, I noticed that about the peacoats and the Sweet Duffy apron. That's the thing I love about most things from TDS. They add little details that make them more like actual human clothes. In most cases where there should be lining, there is. Everything has more "heft" to it, and it's not flimsy. There are some things, like some of Duffy's pants, that are thin, but overall, everything is made with attention to detail.

The US pirate costume surprises me. I kind of agree with DuffyDaisuki about the colors, but overall, I'm actually impressed that the quality seems better than the other costumes. The two Mickey marks are overkill...it should have been on the patch too. However, I like the look, and with pants, it will be really cute. There was a pirate costume released at TDS back in 2007 though that really looked like it was from the movies, and also had...shoes!