Page 173 of 271 FirstFirst ... 73123148163170171172173174175176183198223 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 4060

• <45 days

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Are the dimensions of the suitcases ~ 4.75" x 5.5" x 2.25"?
    I have a metal lunchbox (Curious George) this size and it looks about the same in comparison. Mine is all sun faded from sitting in the window.

We got the pink car seat at the BAB store. It fits well in the recess in the back seat where the arm rest is when not laying down. Doesn't strap in, but wedges quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    Are the dimensions of the suitcases ~ 4.75" x 5.5" x 2.25"?
    I have a metal lunchbox (Curious George) this size and it looks about the same in comparison. Mine is all sun faded from sitting in the window.

We got the pink car seat at the BAB store. It fits well in the recess in the back seat where the arm rest is when not laying down. Doesn't strap in, but wedges quite nicely.
    The suitcase has a cute elastic strap inside to hold things but it's not big enough to actually carry their clothes. I put some rubber bands in there and a few of Shellie May's treasured bows, and then the pawsport in Duffy's. Mostly it's for looks, not as functional as you'd think, especially for MY bears which like alot of the bears on this forum who are well loved and well traveled, are clothes horses.

The measurements are 4" x 3" x 1/2".

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

JillT, I loved all your photos, but I especially adored

Quote Originally Posted by JillT View Post
    Travel buddies! Way, way, way too cute!!

"Let us in! Let us in!"

"We're so tired. Can't you carry us?...No wait, let us out! Let us out!"

Welcome to the family!

These two (2) are just so artistic. I like the huge BAB circle contrasted against the bears and their loot.

Wow, Shellie May is awfully brave to let the cat sniff the top of her head with its mouth open like that. Then again, if I were her, I guess I'd be pretty calm and brave too if my friend Duffy proved to be a cat whisperer. By the way, about what did Duffy and the cat converse?

Adorable!

They're in the freezer! Haha! They are actually in the freezer. J'adore. And look at Shellie May being healthy. (sigh) Oh, pizza, how I wish I could eat you right now. Tuesday, April 2. I just have to make it to Tuesday, April 2, and then I am going to chow down on some pizza...and donuts...and bread.

ZTRinZler: "Let us in! Let us in!"

These two (2) are just so artistic. I like the huge BAB circle contrasted against the bears and their loot.

Wow, Shellie May is awfully brave to let the cat sniff the top of her head with its mouth open like that. Then again, if I were her, I guess I'd be pretty calm and brave too if my friend Duffy proved to be a cat whisperer. By the way, about what did Duffy and the cat converse?

They're in the freezer! Haha! They are actually in the freezer. QUOTE]

Hi, ZTRinZler:

Yes, waiting for Build A Bear to open reminded me of standing in line for concert tickets! The pictures of them with their loot got some strange looks as well as the pictures of the bears welcoming Bearami. Two older women were purchasing overalls for a horse for a 1 year old grandson, and they kept staring at me and I just laughed and said, "I'm an adult, I promise." One of them said, "could have fooled me," and one of them said, "you promise, REALLY?!?!" I held up the bears and said, "if you had a Duffy and a Shellie May they'd melt your heart and you'd turn into a kid again, too!" but I said it nicely with a grin like how can you resist? Even one of the employees thought I was strange taking the picture outside with the gate still down. I'm like, "geez, this is Build a Bear, I'd think NOTHING would phase you."

My sister's cat was like, "hmmm, I heard you wear bows, why no bows today?"
    Duffy was the one who was sort of startled with the cat in his face like that, but yes, they carried on a conversation but since I'm not versed in the language of CAT, I don't know what they had in common to talk about.

And yes, they were in the freezer but #1) that's why they had their hats on again and #2) they are clean and I bought the pizzas they touched anyway, and because it was early in the day while everyone was on their way to work, nobody was down that aisle to ban me ha ha. I was sort of self-conscious and looked to make sure nobody was coming down the aisle. Some 18-20 year old came down the drink aisle with a pallet while I was taking the photo of Shellie May pointing out that the UNsweetened tea was on sale, but he didn't even look twice so that was nice. I guess he didn't care...and also didn't roll his eyes humoring me, just honestly didn't care ha ha.
    Last edited by JillT; 03-28-2013 at 11:56 AM.

And yes, they were in the freezer but #1) that's why they had their hats on again and #2) they are clean and I bought the pizzas they touched anyway, and because it was early in the day while everyone was on their way to work, nobody was down that aisle to ban me ha ha. I was sort of self-conscious and looked to make sure nobody was coming down the aisle. Some 18-20 year old came down the drink aisle with a pallet while I was taking the photo of Shellie May pointing out that the UNsweetened tea was on sale, but he didn't even look twice so that was nice. I guess he didn't care...and also didn't roll his eyes humoring me, just honestly didn't care ha ha.
    The freezer pictures are so awesome. They're the kind of quirky photos I'd love to have, but not sure I could take myself because I wouldn't have the guts to do so. I will admit that my second thought after seeing your photos was "Oh my gosh, I hope JillT didn't get in trouble," so I'm glad to know you didn't. I can understand a sales associate's cause for concern; however, the bears were on the box and last I checked, people don't eat the pizza boxes...well, not unless they suffer from pica or similar illnesses.

• <45 days

My thought was that people would think she is crazy. I don't think anyone would understand.
    ...obvious by the old bittys at BAB.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    My thought was that people would think she is crazy. I don't think anyone would understand.
    ...obvious by the old bittys at BAB.
    My sister sent me a panicked email a couple of weeks ago saying, "you're not going to take the bears out in public when you are with me, right? RIGHT?!?!?!" I said, no, I won't force them on her, and I also wouldn't take them on a group outing like a cave tour, a historic mansion tour, etc. where I'm distracting people from listening to the docent or delaying the tour while I snap my photos, but luckily, I lost my cool quotient long ago so for photo ops I can setup independently, I don't really care what people think (in a casual shrugging my shoulders way, not being snotty). I've only sent my sister a couple of bear pics because she's not into it, but I have two friends who enjoy it even if one of them thinks I'm slightly off my rocker (loulou as my sister calls it, that's Hawaiian for "crazy") my friend says it's a harmless hobby, and the other who actually instigates it a bit (we play board games for prizes and she says next time we get together she'll have a few prizes I can use for bear stage props as I only see her twice a year when I'm up there).

Also, I figure what's worse, my clean bears who have led very sheltered lives so far (I disinfected and wiped the mailbox before I put Duffy in it), or someone coming in from god knows where touching the pizzas, but I can see how it would set a precedent for someone with their 3 year old's grungy bear dragging on the floor and then pretending to eat, so I try to take my pictures with some common sense (plus I figured I'd tell them I'm buying these boxes if they asked).

Monday was the first night of Pesach, or Passover. While my family and I were busy hosting family and friends and leading our Passover Seder, Duffy and his siblings were busy conducting a Seder of their own.

Shellie May, Ragan, Levi, and Jorgen were very excited but also a little nervous, as it was their first Seder and they didn’t want to make any mistakes. But Duffy, Snowflake, Tigger, Jack, Jamilah, and D.B. reassured them that everything would be fine. The Seder commenced with Kadesh as Duffy recited the kiddush for the first cup of “wine” (a.k.a. grape juice)...

took a sip then passed around the cup for everyone else to enjoy.

After enjoying the first cup of wine, they all washed their hands (Urchatz) then sat back down at the table. As Tigger and Levi read the Haggadah, Tigger instructed Levi on how to perform the Karpas. Levi dipped the celery, serving as the fresh vegetable, into the salt water…

then ate the dipped vegetable.

The Haggadah passed to Snowflake and Jorgen. Snowflake explained that the next portion of the Seder was Yachatz and asked Jorgen to break the middle piece of matzah in two (2).

Jorgen happily obliged roaring as he split the middle matzah.

Snowflake placed the smaller of the two (2) pieces back onto the Seder plate, between the first and third pieces of matzah, while D.B. wrapped the larger piece, the afikoman, and hid it for Shellie May, Ragan, Jorgen, and Levi to find later in the evening.

D.B. and Jack McDuff raised the Seder plate to signify the beginning of the Maggid portion of the Seder.

The group rearranged itself into two (2) with Shellie May, Ragan, Levi, and Jorgen forming one (1) group, the “youngsters,” and Duffy, Tigger, Snowflake, Jamilah, D.B., and Jack McDuff forming the second, the “elders.”

Shellie May, Ragan, Jorgen, and Levi sang Ma Nishtinah, the Four (4) Questions the youngest attendees at Passover Seders are encouraged to ask in order to learn the reasons behind the unique dining customs observed during Passover, and posed as the four (4) sons, who each ask the general question “What is Pesach,” but in a manner specific to his character and personality. Shellie May portrayed the wise son, Levi the wicked one, Ragan the simpleton, and Jorgen the one who doesn’t even know to ask.

Duffy, Tigger, Jamilah, Snowflake, D.B., and Jack McDuff delightfully answered their questions explaining the story of Moses, the Burning Bush, The Ten Plagues, the Parting of the Red Sea, and our ancestors Exodus from Egypt.

“We celebrate the festival Pesach,” Snowflake elucidated, “to uphold our promise to always retell of our ancestors exodus from Egypt.”

“We commemorate their hardships by avoiding chametz, leavened foods and products, and kitniyot, foods and products similar to chametz, for seven (7) or eight (8) nights depending on your observance," Duffy continued.

“Our Seder tonight allows us to come together, as family and friends,” stated Tigger, D.B. and Jack McDuff, “and not only individually uphold our promise to retell the Pesach story by teaching it to those who don’t know it, but also exchange stories and commemorate all that our ancestors have done for us.”

“The foods on this Seder plate, in addition the customs we perform tonight, help us teach you about Pesach and are full of meaning, for they symbolize and allude to the hardships our ancestors endured,” concluded Jamilah.

The two (2) groups reassembled into one (1) and continued with their Seder. D.B. recited the Ten Plagues, while Jack McDuff tapped a drop of wine onto the Seder plate for each of the plagues D.B. recited.

D.B. and Jack McDuff passed the Haggadah to Shellie May, and she gleefully read Dayeinu (“It Would Have Been Enough For Us”).

Once she finished reading, Duffy picked up the guitar and they all joined him in singing Dayeinu: “Da—, da—, yeinu! Da—, da—, yeinu! Da—, da—, yeinu! Dayeinu! Dayeinu! Dayeinu!...”

“I’m going to lead the Seder next year,” Shellie May beamed! Seeing how excited Shellie May was, the others asked her to continue by leading them in the kiddush for the second cup of wine; Rachtzah, or blessing for the second hand washing; Motzi, the blessing for the bread/beginning of a meal; and Matzah, the blessing for the top and bottom matzah portions and the eating of the matzah sandwich.

Shellie May handed the Haggadah to Jamilah and Ragan. As Jamilah recited the blessing for the Maror (bitter herbs) and the Korech (sandwich comprised of the bottom matzah and the bitter herbs), Ragan dipped the horseradish and romaine lettuce in the charoset and ate the bitter herbs. Then, she assembled the sandwich of matzah, charoset, and bitter herbs and ate it.

Shulchan Orech!” Duffy proclaimed. “Let’s eat.” The highlight of the feast was—what else?!—matzo ball soup, of course!

After the feast, Shellie May, Ragan, Jorgen, and Levi searched for the hidden afikoman, but there could only be one (1)…winner of course, and that was little Jorgen.

Jorgen broke the afikoman into 10 pieces,

so that everyone could participate in Tzarfun, the eating of the afikoman.

Of course, every winner deserves a prize, and what did little Jorgen get? His own personal stash of kosher for Passover chocolates and Bazooka bubblegum!

Snowflake led the Barech, the blessing for the third cup of the wine after the meal and the blessing for the cup of wine for Eliahu HaNavi, Elijah the Prophet.

While everyone sipped from the third cup, Snowflake and Shellie May opened the door and peeked to see if Elijah was there.

D.B. recited the blessing for the fourth and final cup of wine, Hallel, sipped it then passed it around for everyone to savor the end of the Seder meal.

Hashanah Haba’ah B’Yerushalayim!” Duffy stated. “Next year in Jerusalem!”

“Chag Sameach!” the others responded. “Happy Holiday!”

Duffy merrily strummed the guitar and led everyone in the singing of Chad Gadya, “An Only Kid, An Only Kid,” and Echad Mi Yodea, “Who Knows One,” to properly conclude the Seder, Nirtzah, on a happy note: “Chad Gad-ya-ah-ah-ah! Chad Gadya!...”

• <45 days

Well done ZTR. If only I knew how to read and pronounce all of those words! My daughter's favorite photo is of little Jorgen with his prize treats.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I just noticed Shellie May is wearing one of my aunt's dresses! It looks good on her! Glad it's getting some use! I kept one of that pattern for myself.

Woodfield Mall.... I grew up in west Michigan, so we'd take weekend or even day trips to Chicago when I was a kid and we'd go to Woodfield Mall often. We'd do a lot of my school clothes shopping there because my mom wanted me to have stuff that was different from everyone else's. I remember being impressed with the full-size McDonald's right there in the mall (it was the 80s & that stuff was really unique back then).

Duffy & I went to WDW yesterday. Photos are uploading, so I'll get them posted in a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I just noticed Shellie May is wearing one of my aunt's dresses! It looks good on her! Glad it's getting some use! I kept one of that pattern for myself.
    Shellie May loves that dress. It's one (1) of her favorites.

• <45 days

I love that dress too! We noticed it while looking at the photos. Kudos to your Aunt, Aimster.

Yes, in those pictures I can se that Shellie May's dress is green. You have a talented Aunt, Aimster.

That was very informative ZTRinZler and I appreciate you educating us on all the steps.

The full size McDonald's is no longer there, Aimster, but I do remember it; it's been gone for several years. I've been to western Michigan like Holland for the tulip festival (as a child and as an adult in 2007), and to Frankenmuth, to Battle Creek for the Kellogg's factory which gave tours when I was little and then we went to the bird sanctuary, and also to Grand Haven where they had a big colored lit up water show at night, oh, and some water parks but I don't remember where those were; they had slides that went into Lake Michigan. Woodfield Mall is supposedly the most visited site in all of Illinois, which I found surprising because it's out of the city a bit so not everyone would have transportation, or put it as a high priority, and there is no bus or metra train line directly there...

OOOh I know Frankenmuth! I love Bronners!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

The full size McDonald's is no longer there, Aimster, but I do remember it; it's been gone for several years. I've been to western Michigan like Holland for the tulip festival (as a child and as an adult in 2007), and to Frankenmuth, to Battle Creek for the Kellogg's factory which gave tours when I was little and then we went to the bird sanctuary, and also to Grand Haven where they had a big colored lit up water show at night, oh, and some water parks but I don't remember where those were; they had slides that went into Lake Michigan. Woodfield Mall is supposedly the most visited site in all of Illinois, which I found surprising because it's out of the city a bit so not everyone would have transportation, or put it as a high priority, and there is no bus or metra train line directly there...
    Frankenmuth! OMG we went there every year to get Christmas ornaments at Bronners and have the chicken dinner at th Bavarian Inn. And Grand Haven! I lived around 30-40 minutes from there (in Grand Rapids). They still have the water show... it's called the Musical Fountain. Plus they have the annual Coast Guard Festival there every summer.

Well, thanks to March Madness (yuck), no new Big Bang Theory this week, so I got time to post some photos...

So like I mentioned, Duffy and I went to WDW yesterday. My boyfriend gave me some spending money and told me to go have a fun day "on him". OK! I knew it was going to be busy due to Spring Break crowds, plus it's Easter week, so I was prepared and determined to have fun regardless.

We started the day at Epcot. Flower & Garden Festival is now in full swing!

We saw a marching band...

Of course we HAD to stop at Captain EO. Before we went in, we had a great conversation with a CM who has worked there since 1982! She wasn't there opening day, but she did start later in the month of October that year. We talked about the old attractions and stuff. She was really fun to talk to!

♪♫ It's the circle of liiiiiife... ♪♫

Did we telelport to DCA? Are we at Carsland?

Mater!

And Lightning McQueen!

The park was pretty busy. Test Track had a 50 minute wait... for SINGLE RIDER! Standby was even worse at 150 minutes. PASS.

We went over to The Odessy so I could "upgrade" my AP for the new hard plastic ticket with the RFID chip in them so I can use the new turnstiles they've been installing at the park gates. They had some cool stuff on display. The whole process was real easy and we had our choice of getting Mickey, Minnie, Donald or Goofy on our pass... I picked Goofy as he's my favorite of those choices. The CM who processed my new pass went nuts of Duffy and insisted on holding him throughout it... so Duffy got to help process my new AP!

Anyhow, they had this old Small World doll on display.

And a Figment AA from the original Journey Into Imagination!

Duffy got to christen the new AP at one of the test things they had set up. It was pretty cool to do!

Back in the park, we went to see big Duffy.

The kid in front of me had a "My First Duffy" and had big Duffy sign it!

The Disney Traders shop (aka the Duffy store) had some work done recently, and the walls are now down. They put these cute Duffy graphics on the windows!

In the shop, saw this guy on the shelf. He had a REALLY cute face!

Visited the Monsters University topiary

Was starting to get hungry, so we decided to try something we'd been hearing about... the Dole Whip topped with spiced rum! It was quite yummy.

Stopped in the UK to see the Easter Bunny & Mrs. Bunny, plus Pooh & Tigger.

Checked out the "Backyard Playground" display for Flower & Garden...

VRRRROOOOMMM!!

Oooh! A magic lamp! Maybe a genie will grant me a wish!

Japan!!

Saw this cool Paddington bag in Mitsukoshi.

Duffy tried to load up on Japanese candies..

We didn't get all that. Did get a couple packs of Hi-Chews and some Panda Pocky though.

For lunch we stopped at the BBQ thing they got set up for Flower & Garden (they've introduced some food booths this year and highlight some of the plants used for the various dishes served). Got a pulled pork slider with homemade coleslaw. It was quite good!

He's a hugger!

Since we can't make it to TDS for Spring Voyage, Duffy decided to have one of his own!

This guy is just Dopey...

Visiting cousins...

Ni-Hao!

¿Donde Esta, Donald?

Stopped at The Land for a snack. I felt kind of icky, so got a small soda and a banana to refuel and rest.

Felt better after my "pit stop", so we continued to the Seas...

BIG fishy!

Duffy found... a whole bunch of Nemos!

After that, we left Epcot and went over to the Magic Kingdom for the rest of the day/evening.

Hadn't stopped by the Tiki Room in awhile, so we had to visit. Here's Duffy looking up so he could watch the show...

Rode the carousel and once again, Duffy got his own horse!

Despite the cold, we took a spin on Dunbo as it was a short wait for a change.

Teacups were a walkon. Duffy helped me spin!

We visited some characters (Goofy, Donald, Minnie, Daisy & Mickey), then decided to call it night as it was getting late, I was tired after 14 hours in the parks and we had a 90 minute drive back home.

We stopped at the gift shop at the TTC for a few last minute souvenirs (a new magnet & postcard for the fridge and a deluxe chocolate chip cookie to take home) and called it a night.