Page 181 of 266 FirstFirst ... 81131156171178179180181182183184191206231 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,715 of 3977

• I love that tiny bear!

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Naelyan, I love those character photos! Mickey's makes me laugh!

I realized I'm far behind on my photos, so here are some from my trip to Sauder Village in Ohio, ah, last June. (Though if you're keeping up with my Daily Duffy blog then you've seen them as "Duffy's Spring-ish Voyage.")

This is unexpectedly timely because Sauder Village is a LITTLE like Williamsburg. Ilovegreataur, If you have any tiny bears, I would at least totally smuggle one in your bag and take pictures whenever you and your friend go your separate ways.

Personally, I think tolerance of (or even eventual affection to) the bears speaks to their tolerance of YOU, or possibly their own self-esteem (if they're afraid to be seen with someone they think is "weird"). I had my bears with my brother, sister-in-law, their baby, my cousin, my aunt, and my mom. OK, I do believe my aunt thought I was a bit off my rocker, but she was kind enough not to actually say anything. My other relatives were fine, and a very few of the volunteers got a real kick out of the bears.

Granted, I'm not sure how my aunt would've reacted if I had a larger bear. (Which I wouldn't want around a small child anyway because I wouldn't want him getting the idea it was HIS. The baby was small enough last trip it wasn't a worry.)

Anyway. This is in the basket shop. Rather literally.

Outside the herb shop.

Inside the cooper's shop. Also literally.

Yes, they must always get into any food, even when it's not real.

Glass blowing shop!

(I had to hold my tiny bears VERY tightly or that could have gotten very, very expensive.)

This is right outside...Tiny Shellie May got an itty bit wistful here.

In one of the churches:

Train depot!

OK, I'm starting to suspect my bears just like to sit.

Tiny Shellie May got the button stuck so it beeped for a really long time.

Tiny Duffy and Tiny Shellie May were both fascinated by the waterwheel!

It was rather warm out, but lounging on a wool (?) blanket may not be the best idea.

Tiny Duffy wishes they had a waterwheel.

IN JAIL!

Another church.

I think the scale is a little off.

And the bears liked it in the grass, until I told them it was a bucolic setting.

Somehow they associated that with bubonic plague rats and they were skittish the rest of the day.

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

Eeee-va, that was awesome.
    Jill, to answer your question, we are driving in one car from her house. The drive is ~3.5 hours. We are staying in the same room. We will have our daughters with us. In our family, we love stuffies; especially bears. My husband thinks I'm a bit nuts, but he doesn't judge. My friend never in her life became attached to stuffed animals. So, there isn't the "you are nuts, but I get the affection" attitude.
    My smallest bears are the puppets. I may take them anyway and carry them in a back pack or something, as they are really light weight.

Ilovegreataur-That's so sad about your friend. I find it unfortunate that someone could be so off put by teddy bears. No one in my family has ever said anything negative about my bears, and a few of them joined Shellie May's facebook page because they actually liked seeing the pictures of my bears. But I can understand if you never had attachment to a stuffed animal how it could seem strange for an adult to carry them around taking pictures.
    I love seeing everyone's pictures! This is probably one of my favorite threads on the forum!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

Sakuraskies82 and I took Muffy and Duffy to St. Augustine today. We might have took a million pictures and got a bit sunburnt in the process but much fun was had.

Duffy was super shocked that we beat Muffy somewhere. Sometimes mom runs a bit behind....all the time....

Since mom was being mean and wouldn't buy me a Cars toy I asked if I could have a new outfit instead since what I was wearing wasn't very explorer-like. Notice how little Duffy stuff was at the Outlet Mall.

After parking Muffy dressed as Captain Hook and I went to explore St. Augustine. There was a little fair nearby but it cost money to enter and our moms wanted to save money for ice cream. So we went to the park instead.

Surely there were dinosaurs in St. Augustine 500 years ago!

These tire swings are Duffy sized!

Mom dropped me on the ground about 10 times today. I think I deserved that Cars toy. Maybe I will get in next time.

There were a lot of old things to climb in St. Augustine. Also a lot of old people taking pictures of the old things to climb on.

Muffy's mom climbed down the scary stairs to get this big shell. SO BIG!

Hi my name is Duffy and I like to blow things up.

And then mom broke my leg and blamed it on the wind, the hat, and anything else that isn't her!

Trying to find more shells for Muffy's mom.

Duffy's are not for cooking! I'll be good!

Mom and Muffy's mom decided to go to the pirate museum. They should have given us free tickets since Muffy was so dressed up.

There is a lot to learn about pirates and what not. They might have been a nice group of people...had they not been killing and stealing so much!

I will direct the ship into safe waters, no worries!

Enemies straight ahead. They don't look like Orlando Bloom so fire at will!

We finally found the treasure. Can we go back and buy all the Cars stuff too? And the black shoes at Build a Bear? Oh and...wait this treasure isn't OURS?!

I am pretty sure this train was made for us Duffys in mind.

Today was a pretty fun day. Our moms bought ice cream but I GUESS they were so tired from all the walking they forgot to share with us. We have some in the fridge though so it's okay. Hope you liked our pictures!

Muffy and Duffy had a big day at the 500th anniversary for St Augustine today. (Sorry some pictures are dark no flash photography allowed in the museum)
    Capt. Hook teamed up with The Crocodile Hunter. The capt has a terrible fear of crocs

...and giant snakes

Then we met the kindly Capt Mayhem, who offered to give us a guided tour

We took turns steering the ship

And even hoisted the sails

In me captains chair

Why is the rum always gone *hiccup*

Sadly, piracy is frowned upon in st Augustine and we were sentenced to death by firing squad

• I love that tiny bear!

Those St. Augustine pictures are so neat! Is it worth making a day out of it if you aren't from the Florida area?

Muffy, Duffy--how did you escape?!?!?!

There are a lot of touristy things to do in the area and it can get a bit pricey at times. You can take the trams or go in the fort or go in one of the many "tour" places. Besides the newish pirate museum there is the oldest jail, oldest school house, fountain of youth, ect. But it can get really pricey and I have to admit some of the places are a bit...well...gimmicky. But there is a lot of character in the small city and always things going on. Tons of places to take pictures and what not.

I would say if you were already planning on going to Florida, like on your way to Orlando, it would be worth it to stop in St. Augustine for an extra day. Just guard your wallet. But if you have won the lottery have it going on all the tours and what not.

And Duffy probably escaped by falling on the ground...again. Honestly blaming ME for him not being able to stand today. I think I know where all the rum has gone...

• I love that tiny bear!

I'd be flying in and relying on my BFF (who is not a Duffy fan but who tolerates my obsession) for transport. But pirates are kind of our thing, so still might be worth considering. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss View Post
    I think I know where all the rum has gone...

My friend lives about 5 minutes from the outlet mall. I visited her frequently once upon a time. Having a family changes things. I'll have to go there again. Thanks for the photos and memory lane.

I came home from work today to find that Jumbo Duffy and Duffy ate all my buttered puffcorn and Duffy was dressed as Batman hoping I wouldn't recognize him. It's okay. I didn't like them much and with two bears sharing the bag wasn't very big anyway.

Dated Duffy and Little Buddy were watching Brother Bear and hardly noticed my presence.

Shellie May was on the computer. "Whatcha doin' there, Shellie May?" I asked.

"Internet shopping," she replied.

What?!?!?!?*!??#!!

"Look at all these bows!" she said. "And some lady in England made a Tigger sweat suit that would look nice on Duffy, and I'd like the Winnie-the-Pooh nightgown please. And, and, AND how about this Minnie Mouse zippy dress for Jumbo Shellie? Do you think she'd like it?"

"Jumbo Shellie and Jumbo Duffy prefer the au naturale look," I told her.

"I might wear it if it's AUTHENTIC Disney," shouted Jumbo Shellie from the other room.

Oh, great! Now I have a bear who wants all designer clothes. I decided to nip this in the bud!

"Oh, Shellie May, lookee here." I laid a trail of bows that I purchased in Chicago to lure her away from the PC.

"Oooo, pretty bows!" she said as she started climbing down from the computer chair.

Good thing she doesn't have my paypal password or access to my credit cards!

Name:  001 (426x640).jpg
Views: 113
Size:  200.9 KBName:  002 (426x640).jpg
Views: 112
Size:  216.0 KBName:  003 (640x426).jpg
Size:  219.6 KBName:  004 (640x427).jpg
Size:  194.7 KBName:  007 (640x427).jpg
Views: 111
Size:  195.0 KBName:  internet shopping 002 (426x640).jpg
Size:  162.8 KBName:  internet shopping 003 (640x427).jpg
Size:  155.9 KBName:  internet shopping 003a (640x426).jpg
Size:  168.3 KBName:  internet shopping 003b (640x427).jpg
Size:  166.0 KBName:  internet shopping 004 (426x640).jpg
Size:  185.7 KBName:  internet shopping 011 (426x640).jpg
Size:  166.6 KBName:  internet shopping 012 (426x640).jpg
Size:  159.6 KB

Muffy had storytime today, so he picked his favorite book.

Enjoying listening to the adventures of the original traveling bear

Taking his book back to the library. Maybe we'll get another Paddington book!

Quote Originally Posted by sakuraskies82 View Post
    Muffy had storytime today, so he picked his favorite book.

Enjoying listening to the adventures of the original traveling bear

Taking his book back to the library. Maybe we'll get another Paddington book!
    Um, Duffy in the Paddington outfit is SOOOO cute! Looks real only cuter!

Duffy was a bit sore with me still since I dropped him on his face about 10 times the other day and didn't get him the Cars toy. So I decided to pick him up a few things I found in the dollar section at Target. This post is brought to you by Target, where shopping carts actually work.

What is in this bag? Are you trying to buy my love? There better be a Duffy toy in there.

An Easter treat? Great only Easter was like a week ago!!! But it says there is a sticker inside so I guess that is okay.

WHOA?! Is this all Cars stuff?! For me?!?!

I am so excited mom got me all this Cars stuff I had to put my Cars outfit on. Now I have dishes to eat food on and a water bottle when I go out! I guess mom does love me.

Gonna eat my jellybeans and find somewhere to put my sticker now. Thanks mom!

Quote Originally Posted by tenchikiss View Post

Gonna eat my jellybeans and find somewhere to put my sticker now. Thanks mom!
    Duffy can't get enough of the cars slippers either. Love the cars t-shirt. That really completes it!

The slippers are the bomb! Especially as a background to all the other Cars items.