Page 185 of 280 FirstFirst ... 85135160175182183184185186187188195210235 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,775 of 4192

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

JillT Jumbo Shellie is totally rocking that baby dress!!!
    If jumbo shellie wears newborn, does the regular shellie may wear um.. preemie size? (that is a size right? gah sorry if I got that wrong ) They look super cute.. Im actually tempted to pick up some baby clothes myself >> Maybe baby acessories too, finally an excuse to buy tiny sunglasses and bows!

Puppet Duffy looks so cozy, Ilovegreataur, I dont think he minds one bit that hes wearing pink- just look at that smile!

JillT Jumbo Shellie is totally rocking that baby dress!!!
    If jumbo shellie wears newborn, does the regular shellie may wear um.. preemie size? (that is a size right? gah sorry if I got that wrong ) They look super cute.. Im actually tempted to pick up some baby clothes myself >> Maybe baby acessories too, finally an excuse to buy tiny sunglasses and bows!

The bears do not wear human clothes well.
    For instance, alot of newborn clothes are too long for Duffy and Shellie May so shorts look like pants and they're too big around the waist because of needing to accommodate a baby's diaper. I hem alot of the bottoms or tops and then I need to cut a V in the back of the pants/shorts and then sew it back together at the top of the waist leaving a hole for the tail which makes it a smaller waistline.

Now for the tops, alot of times they're too narrow and long so I need to hem them and sew a side panel in. I do have a few newborn short dresses from various sources that Shellie May fit into fine, but that is the exception.

For Jumbo Shellie, this is a newborn item that I knew would be too long for Shellie May but wouldn't be hemmed because of the zipper so I put it on Jumbo Shellie and the only reason she fit into it is because it zipped and therefore did not need to go over her head or up through her legs from below.

I can't find any premie clothes other than onesies, and even alot of the newborns are onesies or stuff with Mommy's little girl, etc. on them. But if newborn tops are generally too narrow for Shellie May, then premies would definitely be too narrow. Most babies are longer than 17" when born, but like I said, then the clothing waists are too big, the arms/legs are too long, but the torso is too skinny unless it's a flowy style.

As for baby accessories, yes, Shellie May will be sporting some baby sunglasses this summer. You might also find some cute items at Target, Walmart, Meijer, Toys 'R' Us, Michaels Crafts, Dollar General, Dollar Tree, Oriental Trading, Amols, Amazon, etc. You can just look for props, accessories by theme, and doll accessories (not doll clothes, as those are generally too small, too, but doll accessories).

Oh wow, thanks for letting me know! I didnt realize they would need so many alterations

Quote Originally Posted by AA1990 View Post
    Oh wow, thanks for letting me know! I didnt realize they would need so many alterations
    Well, and this was a special treat for Jumbo Shellie picked out by Shellie May during her brief internet shopping spree.
    Jumbo Duffy and Jumbo Shellie are both couch potato bears, and I am trying to teach Jumbo Shellie to sit like a lady when she has a dress on, but since she's accustomed to relaxing, the lesson hasn't sunk in yet.

Happy Bear family!

Duffy(big Duffy), Muffy (medium sized Duffy), Buffy (bag Duffy), and Teddy (the bear boss)

• Faith Trust & Shellie May

my shellie may with her sailor suit ready for the cruiseName:  shelliemay.jpg
Views: 137
Size:  62.7 KB

Sakuraskies82-I LOVE THE CUPCAKE SHIRT! Besides Duffy and Shellie May, cupcakes are my favorite thing!

Hey, Shellie May, you're skirt's on backward!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    I really need to either get some small boy doll clothes (do they even make those?) or sew some.
    Puppet Duffy is ADORABLE! Pink or not!

If you have any doll shows in the area, you MIGHT be able to find some boy doll clothes to fit him. I believe at some point there were some 18" boy dolls about the size of American Girls, and there are the Bitty Baby boys from the American Girl line (those sizes are very similar to AGs except the pants are shorter--they become capris on full-sized AGs--which is not a bad thing for bears!).

But mostly, I have to make things for my off-sized Duffies myself. Smiling Shellie May, on the other hand, fits into a lot of stuff!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by Naelyan View Post
    Hey, Shellie May, you're skirt's on backward!
    Yeah it's backwards. The Mickey mark goes in the back.

And you might want to look into this:

Teddy Mountain: The Leading Stuff-Your-Own Teddy Bear Franchise

I got it for my Shellie May. It's kind of big (which I fixed with safety pins), but really cute and it matches both of Duffy's sailor outfits (the US version and the My Friend Duffy version from TDS).

So, I went to the mall today to use a discount card I had for Sephora. Stopped at Disney Store and no engineer costume yet (I need to get to Tampa to get that next week). But I stopped at Build A Bear to pick up something for my friend's Duffy as her birthday is Monday and I'll see her tomorrow (we're going to Epcot). Anyhow, while there I saw this and I HAD to get it for my Duffy...How freaking awesome is THAT?!

Omg!! I LOVE the hat!! Does it just sit on his head or is there elastics to help it stay on?

Quote Originally Posted by sakuraskies82 View Post
    Omg!! I LOVE the hat!! Does it just sit on his head or is there elastics to help it stay on?
    There's elastic loops on either side for the ears. Duffy's head is bigger than BAB animals, so I tucked the hat over one ear and looped the elastic around the other to give the sideways look. He LOVES it and wants to show it off at Epcot tomorrow.

• Happy Holidays

So, we went booster seat shopping today and Duffy asked to come along, as he doesn't often get out of the house.

First, he tried a booster seat, like we were buying for our daughter. I thought he was not quite big enough.
    Name:  D-booster2.JPG
Views: 110
Size:  53.7 KB

On to another store.
    Next, he tried a baby carrier. He thought it was really cushy!
    Name:  carrier4.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  80.4 KB

So, as we leave the store, content to only purchase booster seats for our daughter and have Duffy use the BAB travel seat, he got a well deserved reward.
    Name:  D-Battleship.JPG
Views: 111
Size:  94.7 KB

Duffy does not always have the sensibility of fashion that Shellie May has. Remember his insistence on wearing his Cars slippers out in public to the Indy 500 Museum? Well, today the bears went on another nature outing, this time in Alabama, and remembering his encounter with the stuffed bobcat last week, Duffy decided to dress up like a knight in shining armor in case he needed to protect Shellie May from any wildlife we might see. Shellie May wore part of her hidden Mickey ensemble and wasn’t worried at all since Duffy stayed by her side the whole time.

First stop was Noccalula Falls in Gadsden, Alabama, for a quick photo op.

Next was Cherokee Rock Village, which is a scenic spot popular for bouldering, rock climbing, and racing remote control cars. There were a group of macho looking men right where I parked with a pile of these vehicles. Duffy walked right up and asked, "May I have a closer look?"

The man replied, "heh, kick it up!"

Duffy looked at me quizzically and I said, "it's okay, Duffy, go ahead. I think that means yes."

Then was Little River Canyon, where the bears enjoyed the canyon as well as Grace's High Falls and Little River Falls. Fascinated by water, we then went to DeSoto Falls State Park.

Name:  alabama 003 (640x427).jpg
Views: 106
Size:  150.5 KBName:  alabama 005 (640x427).jpg
Views: 105
Size:  190.9 KBName:  alabama 007 (640x427).jpg
Size:  185.2 KBName:  alabama 014 (640x427).jpg
Size:  224.7 KBName:  alabama 016 (640x427).jpg
Size:  214.5 KBName:  alabama 019 (426x640).jpg
Size:  229.7 KBName:  alabama 025 (640x427).jpg
Size:  228.0 KBName:  alabama 034 (640x427).jpg
Views: 104
Size:  201.2 KBName:  alabama 037 (426x640).jpg
Size:  195.0 KBName:  alabama 040 (640x427).jpg
Size:  204.0 KBName:  alabama 045 (640x427).jpg
Size:  179.5 KBName:  alabama 047 (640x427).jpg
Size:  130.9 KBName:  alabama 049 (640x427).jpg
Size:  195.8 KBName:  alabama 050 (640x426).jpg
Size:  192.9 KBName:  alabama 052 (640x427).jpg
Size:  214.4 KB

My Mom and best friend in High School were big into country music but since it didn't rub off on me during my formative years, it's just not my thing. I like a few songs but my taste in that genre is selective. Two country bands that I do enjoy though are Alabama and The Oak Ridge Boys.

When we stopped at the Alabama Fan Club and Museum in Fort Payne, Duffy said, "what are we doing here?" with raised eyebrows.

I told him I wanted to see it because I like the band Alabama.

"I'll try it," piped up Shellie May. She is the bigger audiophile anyway. Duffy is usually engrossed in his etch a sketch and ignores whatever music I am playing.

So we went inside. I figure bears qualify for the under age 3 get in free admission rule. One of the band members, Teddy Gentry, had some of his treasured teddy bear collection on display.

Real men like teddy bears

"Hmmm, they can't be all bad if they like bears like us," Duffy commented. "Can we listen to their music on the way home?"

"Sure thing!"

Name:  alabama 053 (640x426).jpg
Views: 103
Size:  191.0 KBName:  alabama 069 (640x427).jpg
Views: 103
Size:  163.0 KBName:  alabama 079 (640x427).jpg
Views: 102
Size:  195.9 KB
    Last edited by JillT; 04-13-2013 at 05:42 PM.