Page 215 of 266 FirstFirst ... 115165190205212213214215216217218225240265 ... LastLast
Results 3,211 to 3,225 of 3978

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Yesterday, before we saw "The Lone Ranger," which was amazing!!! I'm gonna be the Lone Ranger and Duffels will be tonto for Halloween this year.

This morning waiting for me to get ready to go see "Despicable Me 2," which was pretty funny.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I took Duffy to see Monsters University & Despicable Me 2 a couple days ago. We liked both. Wore our matching Monsters U shirts too. While in the bathroom at the theatre, I ran into a family that had a Duffy with them as well! It was a 12" Duffy dressed in red overalls. He looked very well loved. The mom loved how my Duffy & I had matching shirts. Sorry no photos... would have been awkward since they were waiting in line to use the bathroom.

But I'll have more photos Sunday or Monday as we're going to another Rays game tomorrow night. Should be fun as it's going to be 70s/Turn Back the Clock night. Yeah the Rays didn't exist in the 70s (they weren't a team until 1998) but they got these awesome 70s inspired uniforms that look like what they probably would have if they did exist back then.

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    JillT, love the "builder" outfit; is it BAB? Also, nice job with Shellie's toe pose!^^

MikkiMausu, I think I love the kimono, but can barely see it. Better photos, with light please?^^

Aimster, your Duffy is the cutest Disney geek ever.^^
    Phi, Duffy daisuki, nice to see you again. The bob the builder outfit was either from teddy mountain or the bear mill online store, I don't remember which

Duffy went to another Rays game last night. This time the Chicago White Sox were in town.

Hanging out near the dugout before the game:

NOM NOM NOM!

Cookies!

Rays won 3-0!

A friend of mine was able to get their hands on a Matt Joyce race car giveaway item that was given to the kids last weekend. My mom was whining all last week about wanting one, so it's for her. Of course... Duffy thought it was for HIM.

NO DUFFY! Put it back in the package.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Rays won 3-0!

A friend of mine was able to get their hands on a Matt Joyce race car giveaway item that was given to the kids last weekend. My mom was whining all last week about wanting one, so it's for her. Of course... Duffy thought it was for HIM.

NO DUFFY! Put it back in the package.
    Go Rays! How can you lose when you have the cutest fan EVER!!

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

On Friday, we went to an outdoor showing of Despicable Me. Prior to the start of the movie, they had a dance party.

After the dance party, they settled down to watch the show.

Unfortunately, the combination of being creeped out by an army of ants and the 4:3 aspect ratio, we left before the movie started.

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Go Rays! How can you lose when you have the cutest fan EVER!!
    Heh! I still get comments on how cute he is when I bring him to games. Though some people still ask if he's from BAB, which annoys me but I set them straight.

ILG, that's too bad about the movie.

That's okay about the movie. We bought DS1 and went to see DS2 last night.

Yesterday, I found a display with a bunch of MU books. We bought one. I'll have the bears sit down for a picture walk since they didn't get to go to the theatre the other week.

I just got back from a vacation in the big woods, which included a little bit of Iowa, and then Wisconsin and Minnesota, staying in Bloomington, MN, home to Mall of America. I was here in 2000 with my sister when she graduated college (Mom gave us spending money, yay!), but wanted to go back and see more now that I also have a video camera.

Duffy and Shellie May love getting their photo at the state welcome sign. They sure have overcome their aversion to travelling (Duffy having been in my trunk for 11.5 hours back from Florida and Shellie May being stuffed in a shoebox and mailed to me from Ohio).

They saw a cloudy sunrise at Bellevue State Park in Bellevue, Iowa, overlooking the Mississippi River. Then it was onto Dickeyville Grotto in Dickeyville, WI. One man built this grotto which includes a Christian shrine, a patriotic shrine, and a shrine related to Columbus discovering America. "These rocks are sharp," commented Duffy.

They were bored back in Iowa at the Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum in Burr Oak. The lady who gave the tour rambled on in no sequential order so all Duffy and Shellie May learned was, "Laura was a lady who lived during the pioneer times, Ma and Pa, Mary and Carrie and Grace, blah blah blah, she moved around a lot, blah blah blah, married a man named Almanzo, moved some more, had a daughter and wrote some childrens' books. Oooo, books!" I think they would enjoy the books and maybe even Bearami would join them for watching the DVDs. Hmm, I will have to see if Netflix or the library has them as it's been YEARS since I saw or read them.

It was a rainy day so I skipped the other 5 state parks in WI and MN I wanted to see and just drove the rest of the way up.

First in a series of photos for this trip...

Jillt, love the picture's. Where did you get the stands you use with your bear's? Mine does not stand by himself and that would come in very handy!!

Build a Bear sells these stands for $4 each. Vermont Teddy Bear charges a lot more. You have to ask at Build a Bear because they don't keep them on display.

So the next day we went to Rice Park in St. Paul to view the Peanuts statues. Charles M. Schulz was born in the area.

Then we went to the zoo. Shellie May immediately grabbed a stuffed starfish. "I want this," she said. Then they played hide and seek with me with their masks on, thinking I would not recognize them. Well, they couldn't see too well out of the masks and kept bumping into things, helping me find them easily.

They gazed at the red river hog, and then Shellie May tried to bring joy to a grumpy fish.

Duffy chose cotton candy for his snack and Shellie May enjoyed banana split flavored dippin' dots. Ooo, yeah, she really likes ice cream now!

We went to the state capitol, which is open 7 days a week, but I found out that they turn the air conditioning off during non-weekday business hours so even though it was the big woods up north, it still gets quite stuffy and hot there by Sunday when I was there!

I purchased rainbow cupcakes for the bears. I gave Shellie May hers first and Duffy came over to investigate. "Hey, that looks really good, Shellie May. Where's MY cupcake? I like cupcakes, too."

"Here you go, Duffy."

"Mmmm, these are yummy. I like vacations. Vacations are fun," said Shellie May.

"Me, too. We should do this more often," said Duffy.

Uh-oh, they just went on a vacation less than a month ago, how much more often does he want? He's getting a little spoiled, but luckily, not in a demanding way, just enjoying himself and looking forward to each adventure.

Wow, that was a busy day. I think they needed a cupcake!

I got up really early and drove to the Apostle Islands National Lakeshore in Bayfield, WI and did a 3.5 hour grand cruise. Duffy and Shellie May had their swimsuits on. However, when we got to Meyers Beach and they felt how frigid the water was they said, "Um, hellOH, we are NOT polar bears," and went scampering back to the car.

Well, what would a trip to Minneapolis be without a visit to the Mall of America? Duffy and Shellie May were all excited, well, Shellie May especially, and I told Duffy they also have an aquarium and theme park. We didn't get to the theme park the first day, but here they are everywhere else. However, they did get to meet the wonder pets, Linny and Ming-Ming. Duffy was less than thrilled at Ming-Ming trying to teach Duffy to fly. Linny loved Shellie May and didn't want to give her back.

Duffy and Shellie May also did a quality check for a Duffy I was purchasing for a friend. And the winner is.....!

If anyone is interested, here is the link to where I got Shellie May's dress. It is actually a toddler dress that the designer altered to fit Shellie May's specific measurements.

The Rose Garden Boutique Handmade Creations by by TRGBoutique

One day Duffy and Shellie May went to the Mall of America’s Nickelodeon indoor amusement park.

“Come on, Shellie May, get dressed. We want to get there early before the lines get long.”

“I AM dressed,” she replied.

“That’s a nightgown,” I told her. “You need to put on some day clothes.”

“But this is in the theme of amusement parks. I think it will look nice. I’m going to wear it,” she said emphatically.

Duffy, meanwhile, was giggling at the idea of Shellie May wearing her nightgown in public.

“Hey, Duffy, what about when YOU wore your Cars slippers to the Indy 500 Museum?” Shellie May asked.

Duffy shut up real fast!

“Come ON, Shellie May, here, wear this.” I laid out something nice for her.

“Um, maybe tomorrow. Today I am wearing THIS. See? It has a ferris wheel and bumper cars on it. No shoes, no shirt, no service. But I have shoes, see?" She must have seen that on a sign somewhere, ha!

Okay, seriously, am I arguing with a Disney bear about fashion? “WhatEVER, Shellie May, come on, then,” I said as I took her paw giggling in my own head over the incident. Yes, these bears sure DO have me wrapped around their little paw.

Duffy was looking at Sponge Bob Square Pants funny. "What is that? It looks like what you wipe the counter with."

"That's Sponge Bob Square Pants."

"They make a character out of that? That is the dumbest thing I ever heard of," Duffy said.

"Yeah, that is a really dumb idea," agreed Shellie May.

Shellie May liked Dora the Explorer better. And Dora, well, she ALSO did not want to give the bears back!

There were very few rides they were allowed to go on, so they just rode the kiddie carousel and the ferris wheel.

Wow, Jill. I was at the Mall of America many years back and the amusement park was a Camp Snoopy. I'm sure it hasn't changed much other than the theme. Such adventures for the bears.

I didn't know that you used stands. Immamouse, you should be able to get them to stand on their own if they are wearing shoes. You need to get them in the perfect position of balance and they'll stand. However, a breeze will knock them down. When my Duffy stands, he's looking down a bit, but not Shellie May. She stands tall and proud. I guess the Duffster is a bit of a sloucher. He should learn better posture!