Page 216 of 265 FirstFirst ... 116166191206213214215216217218219226241 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,240 of 3972

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    Wow, Jill. I was at the Mall of America many years back and the amusement park was a Camp Snoopy. I'm sure it hasn't changed much other than the theme. Such adventures for the bears.

I didn't know that you used stands. Immamouse, you should be able to get them to stand on their own if they are wearing shoes. You need to get them in the perfect position of balance and they'll stand. However, a breeze will knock them down. When my Duffy stands, he's looking down a bit, but not Shellie May. She stands tall and proud. I guess the Duffster is a bit of a sloucher. He should learn better posture!
    Occasionally they will stand on their own for about 2 seconds, or I can lean them against something, but mostly they need a stand even with shoes they bend at the waist forward and topple over. I try to hide the stand whenever possible.

Yes, it was Camp Snoopy when I was there in 2000. Some of the rides are the same, but also some are new and different.

I woke up on Independence Day to find Patriotic Duffy staring me in the face.

“Patriotic Duffy, what are you doing here?”

“I’m a stowaway,” he said. “I was tired of sitting on the shelf and decided to get in on some of the action.”

So off we went for a day of fun in MN and WI. The bears got their photos taken at the patriotic park in Lindstrom, MN. They also enjoyed Cascade Falls in WI. “This sure beats just sitting around like a bump on a log. Vacations are fun. I’ll have to stowaway more often,” said Patriotic Duffy.

“Um, no, don’t get any ideas! This is a one-time thing and next time I’m checking to make sure all the bears are in their place before I leave. I don’t want any more surprises.”

Patriotic Duffy laughed all the way back to the hotel. I have no idea what he was giggling about back there, but even Duffy and Shellie May looked like they were pulling one over on me.

Then they lined up on the chair to get a view out the window of the fireworks. I had to explain that it must be dark for them to start. Being a little overly enthused, they couldn’t sit still in the chair and decided to peer out the window. “It’s still not dark, bears. It’s going to be awhile.”

Shellie May's bows and skirt are from this shop on Etsy:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/MothersMelody

Their sweaters are from this shop on Etsy. The skirt you must mention is for Shellie May but for the sweaters, you don't have to worry.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/KraftyKatsUK

Duffy and Shellie May at the Laura Ingalls Wilder Museum in Pepin, Wisconsin, her home town. This was the big woods when she was born in 1867 but now it is farmland and even if she was here, she would not recognize it.

They found it a little more interesting than the museum in Burr Oak, Iowa.

Laura Ingalls Wilder's autobiography is being translated from her original handwriting and should be published this year. It will be called "Pioneer Girl".

Who’s this?
    Sweet Sister, where did you come from?

“She’s my buddy,” said Patriotic Duffy, putting his arm around her protectively.

“What do you mean, she’s your buddy?”

“You know, the buddy system. There’s safety in numbers.”

“That’s right,” said Sweet Sister. “I’m a stowaway, too. So okay, when can I go to the Mall with Shellie May?”

“Um, now, I guess…” I’m going to have to keep a closer eye on things. This is getting out of hand. I suppose that was what Patriotic Duffy was giggling about in the back seat the other day.

Shellie May and Sweet Sister had fun at the mall. They brought back a small Hello Kitty each, and a new sibling each. Duffy stayed at the hotel and preferred to sleep, that is until he saw what he missed out on.

“Don’t worry, Duffy, we didn’t forget you,” said Shellie May. “I know you are running out of things to wear, so I picked these items out especially for you. Do you like them?”

Duffy definitely liked them!

Meanwhile, Zhu Xiong, the panda (her name means “bamboo bear” in Mandarin Chinese), picked out a fun board game to play sometime. Shellie May, Sweet Sister, and Adelaide, who immediately put on flip flops to cover up her birth defect (Cody Simpson paw pads), all looked on.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Today is cheap Happy Meal day at McDonald's and right now they're giving away toys from Despicable Me 2!

Where's the toy? WHERE'S THE TOY?!

Duffy got Dave, who is holding a banana!

AHAHAHA! Banana!!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

Quote Originally Posted by Naelyan View Post
    AHAHAHA! Banana!!
    When you move his arm he giggles and says "Ooh banana!"

The bears have taken over my back seat and I must drive carefully home. Duffy and Shellie May decided to go au naturale for the 850 mile ride back to TN.
    Adelaide arrived in Tennessee carrying her surfboard.

“Where’s the beach?” she asked.

“Um, this is Tennessee , a landlocked state. There is no beach here.”

“No beach?”

“No, but we have a water park.”

“Ew, chlorine ruins my fur. I want the ocean!”

“That’s 8 hours away by car. Sorry.”

Duffy brought his skateboard over for Adelaide . “Here, you can ride this. It’s sort of like surfing, but on PAVEMENT!”

Shellie May shared her big pink bow to cheer Adelaide up. “See how pretty you are, Adelaide . Do you like it?” she asked.

Adelaide brightened up and decided to give Tennessee a chance. I hope she doesn’t get too homesick.

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

Jill, it is an easy fix to give Shellie May toes again, since her stitches popped. The Duffster has a foot popped now and it looks so swollen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    Jill, it is an easy fix to give Shellie May toes again, since her stitches popped. The Duffster has a foot popped now and it looks so swollen.
    How?

Did the 4th of July outfit come with pants? I didn't think it did.

Quote Originally Posted by immamouse View Post
    Did the 4th of July outfit come with pants? I didn't think it did.
    Patriotic Duffy is a pre-dressed bear that I got in February this year. Poor litle guy has been sitting on the shelf seeing Dated Duffy, Little Buddy, Irish Duffy, and Bunny Duffy featured in storylines and that's why he was a stowaway. He could not bear the inactivity any longer.

Regular Duffy and Shellie May are wearing ensembles I mixed and matched.

Patriotic Duffy is I think only 12" tall.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Build-a-Bear has new Smurf outfits for the upcoming movie. I don't particularly care about the movies, but I thought the outfit for the "bad" one looked pretty cute, so I got it for ShellieMay, and it looks great on her. I'm sure she won't be acting naughty because of it though.

I saw the "bad smurf" outfit online and thought it looked cute. Seeing it on Shellie has me sold. I'm going to have to pick it up for her probably sometime next week.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Oh, and JillT, I love the blue dress you have on ShellieMay when she was visiting the Little House museum. She almost looks like Dorothy from the Wizard of OZ.