Page 217 of 267 FirstFirst ... 117167192207214215216217218219220227242 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,255 of 3994

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

I am totally getting that Smurf outfit for Shellie May! I saw it online last week and fell in love. I just haven't gotten to BAB yet!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

• Minion

JillT, I absolutely love that purple flower outfit that Shellie wore to the shrines. Was it from BaB?

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    JillT, I absolutely love that purple flower outfit that Shellie wore to the shrines. Was it from BaB?
    No, it was a one of a kind outfit made by my friend on Etsy. She lives in England and ships worldwide. Here is her link again; all her stuff is so cute it's hard for me to decide what to buy next!

BearNaccessories on Etsy

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Oh, and JillT, I love the blue dress you have on ShellieMay when she was visiting the Little House museum. She almost looks like Dorothy from the Wizard of OZ.
    Ha, yeah, she sort of DOES! I didn't think of that; I just thought it looks like a pioneer dress.

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

Jill, sorry for the delay in response.

How I fix a popped foot:

1. Thread a needle with 4 strands of thread.
    2. Tie a big knot at one end. I do a quadruple knot.
    3. The image below shows where you will guide the needle.
    4. After stitching, pull as tight as you want and a little tighter, to allow room for tying the knot. Tie the knot, and release. The foot then should have toes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    Jill, sorry for the delay in response.

How I fix a popped foot:

1. Thread a needle with 4 strands of thread.
    2. Tie a big knot at one end. I do a quadruple knot.
    3. The image below shows where you will guide the needle.
    4. After stitching, pull as tight as you want and a little tighter, to allow room for tying the knot. Tie the knot, and release. The foot then should have toes.

Thanks for the diagram. I am a visual learner. So you don't see the knot on the top of her foot then? I will buy Shellie May a cupcake and try to distract her from the needle. I'm not sure how she will react to seeing that come near her foot. So far her injury is not slowing her down but that was observant of you to notice.

If you use a thread that is a similar color to the fur, when it sits against the top of the foot, the fur covers it. You don't see it, but you can feel it. Feel along those same areas on her normal foot and you'll find what I mean.

I've fixed one foot each for Duffy and Shellie. Duffy's other foot is popped now and is awaiting repair. Tying the 2nd knot is the toughest part. It takes about 1 minute to sew the foot and about 10 to tie the 2nd knot!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    If you use a thread that is a similar color to the fur, when it sits against the top of the foot, the fur covers it. You don't see it, but you can feel it. Feel along those same areas on her normal foot and you'll find what I mean.

I've fixed one foot each for Duffy and Shellie. Duffy's other foot is popped now and is awaiting repair. Tying the 2nd knot is the toughest part. It takes about 1 minute to sew the foot and about 10 to tie the 2nd knot!
    Thank you! I would have not figured out how they did the toes otherwise.

The real keys are to have the thread coming out the bottom and going back up near the between-the-toe pad stitches. That way, when it pulls, it is only pulling near the inter-toe divisions.

If you look carefully on the top of the foot, you'll see the stitches like on the bottom.

I looked carefully at Shellie May's foot but I just don't have the confidence to do it. She's not bothered by her popped stitches so I'm just going to let her run around like that.

Jumbo Shellie has mellowed out and is openminded to wearing NON-authentic Disney clothes now. She sees all the clothes that Shellie May is acquiring from various sources and says she trusts my taste and judgment. So here she is with Jumbo Duffy modeling one of their outfits from Target. Meanwhile, Duffy and Shellie May are running around bear n**ed.. “It’s too hot to wear clothes,” they both said.

“There is central air conditioning. It’s only hot outside.”

“We have fur. It’s hot in here, too.”

Too cold in the Tennessee winters even with coats and mittens, too hot in the summer. They are really sensitive to temperature! Well, as long as we’re not going out in public, it is okay for them to be bear n**ed.

Jumbo Duffy and Jumbo Shellie are usually in their au naturale state so for them, they enjoy a reason to dress up occasionally. But they also tire easily so once they put on their first outfit, they decided to just wear that and enjoy it for a little while before changing into the other one.

Next up, a trip to Walmart! I told Jumbo Duffy and Jumbo Shellie that Build a Bear, Teddy Mountain, Bear Mill, Stuffems, and Etsy won't fit them, but Disneystore.com, Target, and Walmart should keep them clothed nicely.

JillT I would be safe in saying that your bears have an entire closet full of clothes? They look adorable in all that they wear.

My Duffy lives a lazy life... He loves travelling, as any bear does, but he knows that sometimes all you need to do is stay home and relax.

Name:  BN9uKfECUAAifqN.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  19.7 KB

He loves watching scifi shows, and although he doesn't quite understand all of the things going on in DS9, he sure does love the costumes and different alien species!

Name:  BOiV1eXCUAA4U8h.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  31.6 KB

Most of the time he just kicks back and relaxes. He was excited when I brought him back pajamas from my mother's house because that meant he could wear more comfortable clothes to laze around in.

Recently, though, he has made a new friend! Her original name has been lost to time, but she is fond of the name Serena, so that's going to be her name from now on! Duffy was very happy when I rescued her (and her many friends!) from the attic. Apparently it had been very very hot up there and they were glad to be able to stretch their legs and have a bit of space in the open air.

Quote Originally Posted by dazyhill View Post
    JillT I would be safe in saying that your bears have an entire closet full of clothes? They look adorable in all that they wear.

Yeah, it's sort of funny, but Shellie May has the guest bedroom closet, Duffy has the last bedroom's closet (both are small, especially Duffy's), and Jumbo Duffy and Jumbo Shellie share a high rod (about 2 feet long) with room to grow into in my master closet. Duffy and Shellie May's non-gender specific clothes are in the bear armoires along with Sweet Sister's few outfits. I have two dressers and about 3/4 of my master bedroom closet for my own stuff.
    Last edited by JillT; 07-12-2013 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by setavulos View Post
    My Duffy lives a lazy life... He loves travelling, as any bear does, but he knows that sometimes all you need to do is stay home and relax.

Name:  BN9uKfECUAAifqN.jpg
Views: 112
Size:  19.7 KB

He loves watching scifi shows, and although he doesn't quite understand all of the things going on in DS9, he sure does love the costumes and different alien species!

Name:  BOiV1eXCUAA4U8h.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  31.6 KB

Most of the time he just kicks back and relaxes. He was excited when I brought him back pajamas from my mother's house because that meant he could wear more comfortable clothes to laze around in.

Recently, though, he has made a new friend! Her original name has been lost to time, but she is fond of the name Serena, so that's going to be her name from now on! Duffy was very happy when I rescued her (and her many friends!) from the attic. Apparently it had been very very hot up there and they were glad to be able to stretch their legs and have a bit of space in the open air.
    Serena is a pretty name. I love the part about how he loves to travel but realizes sometimes it's nice to be home. Cute Independence Day outfits, too.

JillT, please remind me what size clothing you are buying to fit Jumbo Duffy and Shellie May?
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May