Page 219 of 280 FirstFirst ... 119169194209216217218219220221222229244269 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,285 of 4189

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Mr. Bear has had a hard time understanding what the "big deal" is about the girls traveling all the way from Japan. So today they girls set out to help him understand and had him dress the part.

Jumbo Duffy and Jumbo Shellie were looking at photos of the vacation in the big woods and now they are ready to go on their own adventure. They were having a little conference with Patriotic Duffy and I hope they are not thinking about stowing away. I have seen Patriotic Duffy conferring with some of my other bears and I hope they are not planning a coup! He is a mischief maker, that’s for sure! He got a taste of adventure and now wants more.

“I’m sorry. You’ll be leading a nice, relaxing life at home like most of the other bears. You’re too big to cart around to all day activities.”

“Yeah, sorry if it makes you sad, but no shoes, no service,” said Shellie May, as she patted Jumbo Shellie’s paw. There is NO shoe big enough to fit their hugely wide width feet!

Luckily, even with a stool Jumbo Duffy is not quite able to reach the doorknob.

Last edited by JillT; 07-22-2013 at 05:01 PM.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Duffy & I just got back from a couple days back at WDW. Crazy fun! Today (well, yesterday... Saturday) we met up with a friend and her Duffy and it was mayhem (in a good way). It's past 1:00am here and I'm going to be shortly, but tomorrow I'll work on getting my photos uploaded & posted here.

Ok here we go!

Duffy & I spent day 1 at Disney's Hollywood Studios. The main goal was to see Mike & Sulley at their Monsters University greeting area (wearing our matching Monsters U shirts).

Ready for Homecoming!

Stopped at the animation building to get photos with some of the Monsters University stuff.

Made our way to the greeting area way in the back of the park (they greet back by the exit of the Backlot Tour).

After we met our favorite monsters, it was time for lunch. The counter service options at DHS are pretty underwhelming, but then I remembered I liked Pizza Planet when I had it several years ago, so that's where we went. Notmally theme/amusement park pizza is disgusting, but the stuff at Pizza Planet is actually pretty good!

Streets of America!

PIZZA!!!

Got the veggie pizza. The choices are that, pepperoni, meat lovers & cheese. The only meat I like on pizza is ham (pepperoni is too greasy for me these days and I don't like most sausages) and I didn't want boring plain cheese, so I went with veggie & just picked the tomato off (I hate raw tomato).

Greetings from the Happiness Hotel!

Saw this prop setup in the Muppets shop.

Took a ride on Star Tours since it only had a 10 minute wait.

Being silly.

Hooray for Hollywood!

Duffy wanted his photo with Harrison Ford's footprints.

BALLOONS!!!

Tower of Terror had a 20 posted wait, so we did that too.

Took a spin on Rock N Rollercoaster via the single rider line, went back to the animation building to see if there were any surprise character meet & greets (they do this sometimes on busy days and it was a busy day), then made our way out of the park as it was after 5pm and I needed to get checked in at my hotel.

After we got settled in at the hotel, went out to get some dinner to take back to the room to eat. The hotel gets the channel that shows the Tampa Bay Rays games and we wanted to watch the ballgame.

Got rice krispy treats at Fuddruckers. Wasn't in the mood for a burger this time.

That's it for Day One. Stay tuned for Day Two... where we meet up with a friend and her Duffy and the bears terrorize the parks!

• Karbear

All these pictures are so cute! I snuck my Duffy into the Lone Ranger with me and my nephew the other day but I felt too self-conscious to take pictures. Afterwards we went for frozen yogurt but poor Duffy stayed in my bag for fear of ***** looks. Do you guys have any advice for a shy 22 year old who LOVES stuffies and Disney but feels too old for them in public? I want to take my Duffy on adventures like your bears (and to eventually pass them and my bear onto my future kids one day) but I feel silly walking around with him or posing him for pictures unless in a kid-at-heart-friendly area like Disney. Thoughts?
    "If the person you are talking to doesn't appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear."

Quote Originally Posted by winnie_the_pooh View Post
    All these pictures are so cute! I snuck my Duffy into the Lone Ranger with me and my nephew the other day but I felt too self-conscious to take pictures. Afterwards we went for frozen yogurt but poor Duffy stayed in my bag for fear of ***** looks. Do you guys have any advice for a shy 22 year old who LOVES stuffies and Disney but feels too old for them in public? I want to take my Duffy on adventures like your bears (and to eventually pass them and my bear onto my future kids one day) but I feel silly walking around with him or posing him for pictures unless in a kid-at-heart-friendly area like Disney. Thoughts?
    Just tell people you're doing a Disney bear photo shoot and are on a forum. And if they still look at you funny, who cares, you're never going to see them again anyway, and you're not hurting anyone or infringing on THEIR rights (i.e., cutting in line, etc.). I wouldn't bring my bears on any guided tours because that would be infringing on their rights (rushed, others want to get photos in limited time), but for other stuff, I don't care. I also don't bring my bears everywhere; I'm selective, so it doesn't get to be a chore, just when I have a story idea.

You could also start doing stories around the house to get a feel for how to pose them, and become smoother/faster at it, and then start taking them out in public gradually. It also helps if you show up to places that are open dawn to dusk before or after they get crowded. Sometimes you have the place to yourself.

Good luck!
    Last edited by JillT; 07-23-2013 at 05:54 AM.

• Helloooooo Duffy!

WTP, I am twice (yes 2x) your age and the only time I second guessed taking my bears was on a trip with a friend who is overly judgmental of me. I went to the beach and specifically went out for photo shoots. People look, question, shake their heads... let them. Some think it is adorable and will stop to watch.

Jill is right, as long as you aren't infringing on others' rights, you are well within your right.

ILG

Quote Originally Posted by winnie_the_pooh View Post
    Come hang out with us . My dd recently asked me how I feel about people who look at me funny for having a bear. I told her I feel sorry for them. They do not have the enjoyment and fun I do.

Quote Originally Posted by mmommie View Post
    Come hang out with us . My dd recently asked me how I feel about people who look at me funny for having a bear. I told her I feel sorry for them. They do not have the enjoyment and fun I do.
    I agree with mmommie! People are too critical nowadays. You have to enjoy life and if taking your bears on outings makes you happy, then who cares what anyone else thinks! BTW-I'm much older than you and take my bears to the movies and on trips with us!
    Luv Duffy & Shellie May

I'm pushing 40 and I don't give a flying rat's patooie what people think. I only take my bears special places, but if I start getting looks I just say, "It's a thing I do. He's my travel companion.... like a cute and cuddly version of the Travelocity gnome." Then people are usually, "Oh! Cute!" and that's that.

Ok so here's Day 2 of our weekend...

Met up with a friend & her Duffy at MK and saw some of the Long Lost Friends characters that were out last week. Our favorites were Brer Rabbit, Brer Bear & Brer Fox. They were just a lot of fun and very playful.

The street party came by as we were leaving the new Starbucks, so we watched it go by.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow.... except when it goes 101.

Took a spin on the Peoplemover & got to see Space Mountain with the lights on.

Required castle shot!

Time for Epcot!

Had some fun in the Disney Traders/Duffy store.

After we saw our favorite bear, we headed into World Showcase.

At the UK Pavilion we went in to see Tigger & Pooh Bear. The greeting area is themed to Christopher Robin's bedroom. Tigger took our Duffys and put them on Christopher Robin's bed.

Tigger then joined the bears!

We then caught British Revolution's 1st set of the day.

My friend shot this video with her phone. Sorry for the crappy quality but she doesn't have a good camera on her phone.

Partying like rock stars with the band! These guys love Duffy and gave our bears hi-fives & fist/paw bumps.

After a quick late lunch at the Beach Club, it rained! Good thing Duffy had his rain coat with him!

I wanted to see the Police tribute band, The Police Experience, playing at the American Gardens Theater (I'm a big fan of The Police & saw their reunion tour in 2007), but my friend had to head for home, so we said our goodbyes.

Video I took of Duffy rocking out to The Police Experience:

Hello Italy!

Took a ride on Spaceship Earth (we chose the German narration for a laugh) and we got stopped in front of the Greek scene for at least 5 minutes, so... Photo op!

At that point it was a little after 7:00 and we were parked out. Made q quick stop at DTD for some treats then headed for home.

Bye Epcot! See you soon!

• North American Duffeteer

Wishing a congratulations for the birth of their Son, the Prince of Cambridge to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

From Duffy and Mickey.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• North American Duffeteer

Just a Duffy photo I want to share:

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Helloooooo Duffy!

I like big hugs! It appears Duffy and Mickey do too.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    I like big hugs! It appears Duffy and Mickey do too.
    and eskimo kisses, love those, too.