Page 220 of 266 FirstFirst ... 120170195210217218219220221222223230245 ... LastLast
Results 3,286 to 3,300 of 3978

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Duffy's Halloween costume arrived today. He was so excited he had to put it on right away. What is he dressing up as?

The 10th Doctor from Doctor Who!

Now I just need to get a blonde wig for Shellie May and she can be Rose Tyler!

Duffy and I went around the city today. He was disappointed because my phone didn't have enough battery for more than a few pictures, but he was happy for the adventure nonetheless!

He had a problem trying to decide which exhibits in the Franklin Institute to visit besides the trains section. We ended up shelling out the cash and checking out the espionage exhibit that was happening, and both has a lot of fun!

All that sight-seeing and museum-touring was thirsty work, though, so he decided to take a rest in my back and steal all of my apple juice when I wasn't looking.

Before walking over to Broad Street to get some dinner, we took a break at a fountain near the Institute (and also across from the main branch of the library!) People like to swim in it sometimes, but Duffy was too afraid to do so. He as borrowing some sneakers from one of his other plush friends at home and didn't want to get them wet!

Name:  0726132328.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  113.1 KB

After a long day, Duffy decides to have a little bit of ice cream. He explained that ice cream was the appropriate end of the day for both of us by simply stating, "Treat yo self!"

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

I really love that! And it does seem totally Duffy, too! My Duffy is gonna be saying that all the time now.

I have often suspected that I'm missing out on Parks & Recreation; you just confirmed it. I'll have to check into that.

"Treat yo' self…" words to live by, for sure…if and when we can.^^

Setavulos. What type is your Duffy? His paws (lack of finger stitches) look different.

Quote Originally Posted by JillT View Post
    Setavulos. What type is your Duffy? His paws (lack of finger stitches) look different.
    I got him December of 2012 at WDW. Well, technically my sister did and I didn't get him until Christmas 2012, but that's a minute difference, really.

He actually does have paw stitches, but it's hard to see because he is in a well-loved condition, so the fabric of his paws and pretty much everywhere else is a different texture than when I first got him, and although I could fix both of his popped foot stitches (and I have before!) I feel like for now he feels pretty good about how he looks. I like to sleep with him and have him hang out with me around the house on my days off, so he probably gets about the same wear and tear as most of my childhood plush did.

For comparison, here's what he looked like in March:
    Name:  BFf1uLDCUAAGE2j.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  50.2 KB

You can see that he isn't nearly as worn as he is now. I wish I had a picture of him when I got him, or even an earlier picture with his paw to compare, but here is a close-up of his paw today to show you.

Name:  BQL1ct0CcAAazCX.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  20.1 KB

I've been away for a bit... we've been busy this summer, toting Duffy wherever we go. Here, Duffy is just back from a camp overnight with his Maia. Boy! Is he tired. Happy to be home in his own upper bunk. G'night Duffy...Name:  Tired Duffy.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  50.2 KB

Thanks for the explanation. He's so handsome!

Shellie May gave Sweet Sister her ladybug outfit because it was WAY too short in the torso. It fits Sweet Sister better but the wings don't work. Sweet Sister is so small she could not make it up the stairs. "Hey, what is this Shellie May? I don't just want your REJECTS!"

"It still LOOKS nice," said Shellie May, but the damage was done and Sweet Sister is now exploring her two armoires for another outfit.

Meanwhile, Shellie May went to bond with Adelaide. She wore a skirt that matched Adelaide's fur color and Adelaide was quite impressed when examining it. Shellie May and Adelaide are wearing the same ear bows, just in different colors. "You are the best sister ever!" said Adelaide.

Yup, Adelaide likes it here.

Last edited by JillT; 07-27-2013 at 04:21 PM.

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by setavulos View Post
    After a long day, Duffy decides to have a little bit of ice cream. He explained that ice cream was the appropriate end of the day for both of us by simply stating, "Treat yo self!"
    The first "Treat yo self" episode of Parks and Rec aired (I THINK it was a new one but I guess it could've been a rerun). THAT VERY NIGHT I took the slogan to heart and decided to "treat ma self" and place my first order with the Duffy Post. It just seemed appropriate.

I love everyone's pictures and adventures!

Did I really never post any photos of my vacation here? I guess they were all on Facebook and Tumblr. If these are duplicates, sorry.

Dusty and plane cookies!

This is how Tiny Duffy and Tiny Shellie May came out of my bag. I still don't know what trouble they were plotting.

Dusty and I are not really used to green things, so we were impressed by the open field.

Tiny Duffy and Tiny Shellie May looking out at Lake Erie.

Shellie May picked out a shell.

Yes, we saw a deer on our nature walk!

Much later, Dusty found a nice chair at Cracker Barrel (a country-style restaurant). I did not let him keep it because it was too noisy.

Hey Eeee-va, are you dailyduffy.tumblr.com? Some of those pictures look familiar. (Also, if so, you should totally post more pictures of Dusty on the blog because his smile is too precious.)

• I love that tiny bear!

Yes, that's me! Lots more Dusty pictures should be coming up (interspersed with some others). He was the best size to take me to a certain amusement park in Ohio. I'm posting them on Facebook and Tumblr both and will try to remember to bring some over here too.

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

Eeee-va,
    too funny the last photo. It was at the bottom of my screen, with the bottom portion cut-off from view. All I saw was Dusty sitting in the chair, thinking, "Too noisy? Did it squeak?"
    THEN...I scrolled down and saw it was a wind chime.

Very funny, indeed!
    ILG

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

LOL! Cute pictures!

So yesterday Duffy got a package in the mail... his 2nd Teddy Olympics medal!

He's quite thrilled he's now a 2-time Teddy Olympics winner!

Duffy and Shellie May are very altruistic. They felt sorry for the teddy that I've had since I was one year old! It was just laying there lifeless.

"Hmmm, do you think we can revive him?" asked Duffy.

"I'm sorry bears. I think that patient is beyond saving."

"We've been taking some online medical classes," they said.

"Really? When?"

"Since I got fired from my office job," said Duffy.
    "Yeah, I like nurse uniforms," said Shellie May. "I got Duffy onto the internet."

Hey, as long as they're not doing shopping while I'm gone! Might as well make themselves useful learning a new trade!

They laid Teddy on an operating table with a clean white cloth.

"Hmmm, I don't hear a heartbeat, Shellie May," said Duffy, concerned.

"Let me see if there is anything in this medical bag that can help," Shellie May replied. She found another stethoscope. "No, I don't hear a heartbeat either," she said, saddened. "I'll take his temperature."

"I'll give him a shot in the arm," said Duffy. Maybe an infusion will help.

Shellie May tenderly put a bandaid on his knee.

"Do you have any ideas?" asked Shellie May.

"Wait! I saw something called Cinnamon Teddy Grahams in the pantry. Do you think we could get Teddy to eat something?"

"Not likely if he's not even breathing!" said Shellie May.

"Come on, Shellie May, it's worth a try."

"Oh, look! It's a miracle! They have found the cure! Teddy is now sitting up and eating, and regaining his strength. I don't think he's going to run any marathons soon, but it's sure an improvement!"

"I will write him a prescription so he never runs out of these. He might need to be on a continual regimen at his age."

"Are there any side effects? Let me try some," said Shellie May. "Oooo, these are good!" She stuffed some in her pocket for later.

"Yeah, I'll say he can substitute flavor only, but not brand. They must be the authentic original Teddy Grahams because generic might not work as well."

Duffy and Shellie May helped themselves to some Teddy Grahams. They think they're a sort of vitamin.

"Hey, prevention is the best medicine," Duffy said when I saw his face in the box!

Thank you Disney bears! You have saved my Teddy!

"Here, Shellie May, now that I have my medical degree, let me operate on your popped paw," Duffy said.

"No, WAY Jose!" said Shellie May as she ran away, not even limping.

I think Duffy gets a little overly confident in his abilities, sort of like when he dressed up as Bob the Builder and inspected the renovation men. He's not arrogant, just gets a little carried away.

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

Jill, you are a hoot.
    Might I make a suggestion? You always have all of the text then all of the pictures. I think it would flow much better if you inserted the picture links among the text.
    ILG