Page 223 of 288 FirstFirst ... 123173198213220221222223224225226233248273 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,345 of 4318

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    Yes, that is correct. He is a "My First Disney Bear" I found at Goodwill for 99 cents. Here's a picture of him in his "original" form:

Lucky you! He looks so clean. Aren't those like over $1,000 on ebay now? Not that you'd ever part with him now that he's part of the family. I just wanted the purple one and had total sticker shock! I got a couple of CDs from goodwill through Amazon but they exaggerate the condition so I won't be doing that again.

I liked your story. My vote for dog name goes to "Baxter". The others sound too feminine and Duffette already has a dog of her own with a girl's name.

• Brrr... Winter

I just looked. The range seems to be $25 to $150. The highest one has a booklet of some sort.
    There is one poor bear on bid for <$5 that has no nose. Yes, you read right. No nose!
    I want to cry for him. Almost want to buy him just to give the poor fella a nose.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    I just looked. The range seems to be $25 to $150. The highest one has a booklet of some sort.
    There is one poor bear on bid for <$5 that has no nose. Yes, you read right. No nose!
    I want to cry for him. Almost want to buy him just to give the poor fella a nose.
    And unfortunately a TON of knockoffs fake Disney bears. One day I spent over an hour reporting all them and explaining why the Duffy and Shellie May that each person was selling wasn't authentic, called ebay, was told they take it seriously, but it seems like they just open shop under a new email and sometimes even a few days later the ones I reported are STILL on there for sale. Yeah, they take it seriously, not really!

I did not see the one missing a nose, but if it is that abused, I worry about bedbugs or puke, pee, etc.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by JillT View Post
    Aren't those like over $1,000 on ebay now?
    People ASK crazy prices on ebay but that doesn't mean they're going to get that price. I've seen the same listings over and over for YEARS because some people don't have a clue that someone is NOT going to pay $800 for a teddy bear.

• Felice Natale!

I like "Brownie" best so far, but I can't stop thinking "Huckleberry." Not sure why, but he just looks like a Huckleberry to me.

I also find the black spot on his back resembles Oswald, so I like that or "Waldo," too. But I like it better if they're both sweets or at least food.

Fantastic photos, by the way!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Huckleberry Hound! He's a Hanna Barbera character, but hey, there is a dog with that name, so it makes sense.

• No Spoons: Try Back Later

Today Duffy was very excited when I came home, because I had some extra bags with me! I told him that I went to the market and got some treats, and that made him very excited because the last time I went to the market I came home with some delicious black locust blossom honey that he enjoyed, but this time he was unsure.

He hadn't ever had string beans before! Since he's a bear, that is acceptable, but I asked if he would try just a little once I made my dinner. He agreed, and we got to trimming and snapping the beans in half in order to roast them in the oven.

Meanwhile, he decided to cook up some pasta to go with the string beans. When I asked Duffy why he chose angel hair, he just said that it matched the string beans much more than the shells did!

When it was all said and done, he was still very apprehensive about everything. I tried to explain that once roasted, the vegetables taste much better, but he only agreed to try just one string bean.

Name:  BRqkK2-CYAA9qr-.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  69.8 KB

"Wow! This is good!" He exclaimed. "...I still prefer your sweets, though." Well, a victory is a victory, even if it is a small one. At least I got him to eat some veggies?

-----

Duffy also wanted me to post some pictures about what he's been up to lately. He's really been proactive in helping me with various crafting projects (although I noticed in hindsight that he seems to have a "good side" in his opinion, and always makes sure I photograph him from that angle. What a dorky bear!).

He recently helped me paint a t-shirt for myself based off of the wonderful podcast Welcome to Night Vale. He made me promise to make him one too once I get a blank shirt to work on so we can both be Night Vale Community Radio station interns.

He's also been helping me finish up some projects, like this sweater vest-in-progress!

But he's still got time to watch Netflix with friends, there's no worry about that.
    Last edited by setavulos; 08-14-2013 at 05:04 PM. Reason: fixed image

• Felice Natale!

Quote Originally Posted by setavulos View Post
    …He recently helped me paint a t-shirt for myself based off of the wonderful podcast Welcome to Night Vale. He made me promise to make him one too once I get a blank shirt to work on so we can both be Night Vale Community Radio station interns.
    Oh, setavulos!!! Thank you for changing my life! NVCR should be required listening for everyone with ears, especially for the Halloween season! This is the most wonderful thing ever!! EVER!!! (Pinkie Pie: "EEEVEEEER!!!")

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Oh, setavulos!!! Thank you for changing my life! NVCR should be required listening for everyone with ears, especially for the Halloween season! This is the most wonderful thing ever!! EVER!!! (Pinkie Pie: "EEEVEEEER!!!")
    I regret nothing because Night Vale is the actual best and it's been my bear-clothes-knitting background sound since I discovered it a few weeks ago. I still need to listen to the newest one, though! WTNV has become really popular lately, and I am all for sharing it with people I know.

• Felice Natale!

I am a total junkie already! I don't know how I could survive without it now! I'm not even kidding. It is, indeed, the actual BEST! How can anyone write something so free and wild with such total control and utter restraint? I am in literal awe of their crazytown awesomeness. Off Carlos's charts!

It's gonna be so bittersweet when I finally get caught all the way up! But I take comfort in the fact that it's denser than a five-year-old fruitcake, so I think re-listening is virtually endlessly valuable, too. It's just the HOLY MOLY, and I am sooooo grateful for being turned on to this! Thank you, setavulos!

Anyone who, like me, is arriving a little late to this party, do yourself a favor: Believe the hype and get on board. This is the most amazing thing since the Adirondack 2-Seater! I WTNV!

Duffy & I went to another Rays game tonight. We played the Seattle Mariners.

Duffy was very excited to finally meet Kelly Nash from SunSports! She's part of the broadcast team. She thinks Duffy is totally adorable (she also follows him on Twitter)!

Talking to Kelly before the game.

Sean Rodriguez came by and signed some autographs.

Duffy's buddy Raymond (the Rays mascot) happened by too!

Our seats were in the upper deck tonight. First row almost behind home plate! Was a pretty good view.

Earlier in the week I won a bet I made with a friend. Loser bought the winner a beverage of choice. I normally don't drink beer at the ballgames because it's so overpriced. But if someone else is buying... ok! Of course Duffy wanted some too. He loves beer.

Watching the game... GO RAYS!

Red Vines break!

I got a couple freebie bracelets from the Metro PCS (cell phone carrier) booth... Duffy decided to be silly and "accesorize".

We met a monkey at the game! And a guy with a crazy long beard.

And the best part... Rays won 7-1!

• Minion

Very cute, aimster. I love the way Kelly is cradling Duffy in the first pic. Very different from the way the baseball players usually hold him!

• Felice Natale!

…I love the way Kelly is cradling Duffy in the first pic. Very different from the way the baseball players usually hold him!
    So true! What a great observation!^^

Very cute, aimster. I love the way Kelly is cradling Duffy in the first pic. Very different from the way the baseball players usually hold him!
    LOL! I know. At least I've gotten some to hold him. A couple years ago they were all too chicken to pose with him.

Kelly loves Duffy. She calls him "cutie" on Twitter.

Duffy went out to Logan Square with me, and we relaxed in the grass for a while.

I decided to read a book while he stared at the clouds.

He also tried another new food, a hot dog bun I got over in Chinatown at my favorite bakery. I got two paws up for that one.

In other news, I stress-knit myself a small keychain I thought was worth sharing. I attached it to a globe keychain that I already had (that, amusingly, still had the USSR on it!) since it felt right to sort of have the globetrotting travel sort of theme going on~

I am still unsure of the face - the eyes feel too big but it's hard on that scale to make anything smaller - but I think I will keep it as is.