Page 226 of 270 FirstFirst ... 126176201216223224225226227228229236251 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 4038

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

The other day Duffy ran into someone who looked quite familiar. It was a Sulley!

He decided that there was one way to bond with his newfound friend...

And it seems to have gone quite well! Duffy knew that matching outfits with his friend would show that they have something in common!

-----

Additionally, recently (as in today) I found some miniature glass bottles in the craft store! They were in the jewelry section marked steampunk, but as soon as I spotted the set of three size of bottles I knew it was perfect to finally give Duffy an accessory he's been sorely missing.

He now gets to wear a note-in-a-bottle of his very own! To be honest, it contains a note from my partner to me, but it's kind of like an equivalent to Minnie's note, right?

Here's a close-up so you can see it more clearly. I'm probably not going to leave it on him all the time for fear of breaking it while cuddling or something, but for a once-in-a-while thing it's really exciting! I wasn't very fond of the idea of a plastic bottle anyway. I feel like a glass bottle is more accurate. But that's my opinion, and I know it wouldn't be safe to like give kids glass bottles like this.

He wore it out while we went to my usual knitting circle on campus today. Picture featuring my elbow.

I also have two more sizes, both slightly smaller (picture below; the one I used was the largest size). I strung it on some light tan yarn and it's been great!

-----

Okay, in one last item of news, I opened an etsy shop!! I know that the one-on-one commission process was probably confusing for some of you, so I simplified and streamlined everything so that it's more accessible to everyone who might be interested.

So far I only put up items that will be made-to-order, but I am hoping to add premade items to the shop as time goes on. I picked up a few skeins of yarn on the cheap today of Lion Brand Amazing that I'll be using to make one sweater each, and as I finish those I'll be posting them for sale and tweeting about them on my Duffy's account.

And just for you guys here at micechat, I have a coupon code! Until October 6 you'll be able to input the code MICECHATOSDGRANDOPEN for $3 off! (That's essentially free shipping on one item but I couldn't figure out how to just do flat free shipping...)

I hope you guys don't mind me posting this here. I just wanted to let you know since you've been very supportive of my Duffy knitting adventures. I hope to be able to make some great items that people will enjoy!

Setavulos- This is great! I can't wait to order from your shop on Etsy! Problem is they are all so great! I just babysat for two days so I have some money to spend lol! Thanks for all you do!!

Duffy is coming along too!

Go Setavulos!

I already have a story made up for when my sweater arrives. I hope you make the sea themed sweater vest available as shown above with Duffy and his new bottle/note. Good luck to you

Duffy and Shellie May went to Kentucky Downs today for some horse racing. Kentucky Downs mostly has simulcast racing but 5 days a year they have live racing, and only two of those live racing days fall on the weekends.

They studied the program and picked the horses they wanted to bet on. Duffy didn’t like the fact that I had to place the bet for him. He’s the bear of happiness and luck and he thought I might be jinxing the bet by touching the money. He wanted to hand it to the bookie himself. I told him he was too young to bet legally and he didn’t understand that considering he has had his drivers’ license for some time now. Well, sometimes it’s hard to explain the laws of society to him and Shellie May.

Shellie May is still dressing in Disney garb but Duffy doesn’t really care.

Anyway, Shellie May wanted to bet on Thats it Imleaving because she was bored. "Pee-YOO!" she exclaimed, when an old man sat down smoking a cigar. He was not amused. In fact, there were a lot of serious betters there that looked at the bears strangely. Luckily, they did not care or even seem to notice.

"Yeah, me, too," said Duffy, when he found out he didn't win. "You said we're going for bar-b-cue after this, right? I'm ready."

They enjoyed Bar-B-Cutie a lot more. This is the only place in Nashville where I will eat bar-b-cue. I like it because I enjoy the taste of bar-b-cue sauce but I don't like a heavy smoked flavor. They have been around since 1950 as a family owned chain that has now started selling franchises. They even have a location in the country of Spain!

Duffy was really hungry so he got a half slab of ribs with a loaded baked potato and onion rings. Shellie May enjoyed pulled pork, macaroni and cheese, and cinnamon apples. She brought joy to her food by drawing a smiley face on her pulled pork with the bar-b-cue sauce.

They drank a mixture of fruit tea and unsweetened tea. This is the only place I like fruit tea from. Well, unless you count the green tea at Panera.

Last edited by JillT; 09-07-2013 at 01:51 PM.

^Well betting on maiden two-year olds can be tricky. (That's what they were right?). The name of the horse is hilarious.

• Minion

I'm totally drooling over that barbecue. Looks like two heart attacks in styrofoam containers, but ohhhh so goooood! I hope Duffy and Shellie didn't get any sauce all over their fur!

No, Diznygrl, they were fine. They had their checkerboard napkin and a moist towellette for when they were done.

I'm not sure about the horses, Dazyhill. I just go for fun. This place was really puny and pales by comparison to Arlington Park Racetrack, in suburban Chicago. That place has a beautiful paddock where you can examine the horses as they walk in a circle, a winner's circle, a huge indoor awesome food court, bleachers, and is a beautiful venue. This place, probably because it only has live racing 5 days a year, was mostly people just standing on the grass at the fence, one small building with a stand serving fast food type snacks, and a few tables and a balcony. Oh, and this place had a portable screen that they just rolled onto the turf ha ha.
    Last edited by JillT; 09-07-2013 at 10:19 PM.

• <45 days

I know this isn't the right place to post this, but I can think of no better place. I met a woman this weekend who went to Asia this summer. While there, she went to Tokyo Disney SEA. Her daughter begged her for a Shellie May, but, alas, she chose to purchase Duffy. I told her that the only place in the world where Shellie May can be reliably purchased is at TDS. Needless to say, she was deflated.

Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    I know this isn't the right place to post this, but I can think of no better place. I met a woman this weekend who went to Asia this summer. While there, she went to Tokyo Disney SEA. Her daughter begged her for a Shellie May, but, alas, she chose to purchase Duffy. I told her that the only place in the world where Shellie May can be reliably purchased is at TDS. Needless to say, she was deflated.

Doh!
    WOW! I am not sure what to say. I feel bad for the daughter, but I may feel worse for the Mom.

Quote Originally Posted by mmommie View Post
    WOW! I am not sure what to say. I feel bad for the daughter, but I may feel worse for the Mom.
    I wonder why the Mom was so dead set against purchasing what her daughter wanted. They're similar products (both Disney bears) and the same price as each other over there right? Oh, well.

• <45 days

Who knows. Maybe she wanted both, but Duffy is more predominant? Her mother fully instructed me not to say anything in front of her daughter.
    I did say that if she should want to obtain SM for Christmas, I could order one through the Post.

Our friends (where we were visiting) already know of my minor obsession, as they were here for my daughter's birthday where EVERY present was from TDS.

• North American Duffeteer

Congratulations to Tokyo to host the Summer Olympics in 2020.
    From Japan's most lovable bear, Duffy.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Minion

Scrub-a-dub-dub, Lil D in a tub!

(Sorry, just had to show off the super cute ducky bathrobe I found. )

My Duffy has the same robe!

Share your Duffy Photos

(You have to scroll down a bit)

That robe is so cute!!Where did you find it?