Page 230 of 264 FirstFirst ... 130180205220227228229230231232233240255 ... LastLast
Results 3,436 to 3,450 of 3957

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

I'm always checking the local thrift stores for abandoned Duffy/Disney Bears. One of these days I'll hopefully score. I'd love a grey or blue one myself but I'll take whatever I can find.

^ Me too, I just have not found any yet. I have found other cute Disney plush though. Today I found an Applause made (great gift company that's now out of business) Mickey Mouse plush holding a small Pluto. Pluto is licking Mickey's face. Never seen anything like it before.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

I've missed so many wonderful photos! The epic scooter race, the great shots of Disneyland (or was that WDW?), and Gurgi's awesome Halloween photos and lavender dream come true! Great work, guys! I hope I can do Halloween photos between shopping and events at D23 next weekend. Three straight days of Disney magic!^^

I'll post photos here, too, of course, but not sure how timely I'll be with getting them up.

My sister is now back in Chicago after a 9 day visit to Nashville .

She definitely bonded with Duffy and Shellie May, but like me, she isn’t big on having her photo on the internet so the photos of her hugging them is for me and a few select friends only. Lo♥ey went right up and gave her a Swiss kiss. She moved in for the left, right, and then left again, at which point my sister’s eyes opened up in surprise. “Oh, another kiss?” she asked for the third one.

“Yes, it’s a SWISS kiss,” said Lo♥ey. Lo♥ey is my sister’s favorite Build-A-Bear.

Shaggy Duffy is my sister’s favorite Disney bear. He is the perfect size for holding, playing with, and cuddling, and she is not tempted to spend her paycheck buying clothes for him.

One day we went to Chattanooga to visit Ruby Falls , a cave with a waterfall inside, and also to go to Rock City , a scenic area with two long paved paths, rock formations, overlooks, a waterfall, and peaceful music. Shellie May FREAKED at the idea of descending 260 feet into the mountain and then walking a mile while the mountain rises above us, which means at the deepest point we are 1,120 feet below the surface, viewing a 145 foot waterfall. It’s the highest underground waterfall in the whole country. Previously, when I visited Ruby Falls Cave in September 2005, I was able to walk under and around the waterfall, but because of a safety issue last year they have closed that part and now you just look at the waterfall straight on while they show it in colored lights.

Well, Shellie May was clinging to my sister, crying, “No, I don’t WANT to go in a cave. That sounds scary; PLEASE don’t make me go,” and my sister was trying to console her, but Shellie May had an acid flashback to being stuffed in a shoebox for her journey to me from Ohio and no amount of cajoling would get her to change her mind. Duffy didn’t have as strong of a negative reaction as Shellie May but he remembers his 11 hour journey home in the trunk of my car in the dark from Downtown Disney so going into a cave didn’t exactly appeal to him either. They stayed in the car all day, content to read their kindles. Duffy is enjoying the Choose your Own Adventure books.

The next day my sister and I did miscellaneous city sights in Nashville . She has wanted to do the Ryman Auditorium backstage tour, which I did in early 2008, but the Ryman is really fickle about their hours. She missed it in 2010 because they were closed that day, and I called less than a week before to confirm they had these tours all day Tuesday and Wednesday this visit, was pressured into getting advance tickets which I declined since I live only hour away, and we showed up first thing on Wednesday to find out they had no tours all day because they were preparing for a concert. When I expressed my displeasure at being misinformed they said the schedule can change on a whim that day. That doesn’t even make sense! What artist could just say they want to play the Ryman that night; they couldn’t even get the word out to sell enough tickets to pay for the venue! Anyway, there were plenty of other things to see, including eating at a British Pub in Printer’s Alley (Fleet Street Pub). We enjoyed Tower Hill Devils on Horseback (dates with blue cheese, each rolled in a bacon slice, with orange chutney), fish and chips with melt in your mouth breading, homemade tartar sauce, and mushy peas which sort of look like baby food but have some texture and were flavored with onions and some other delicious mystery seasoning. Then I had the lemon, white chocolate bread pudding for dessert and my sister took 3 bites instead of 1 because it was so good! I was really hungry after walking around the city all morning.

That's called the Batman building by Nashvillians.

Next, we went walking down Broadway, where all the honky tonks are. They open at 11 a.m. and go until 3 a.m. and there is never a cover charge. It is all ages until 9 p.m. and then you must be at least 21 years old to enter. My sister and I had a bushwacker, a drink that started in the Caribbean but has now made its way up to Nashville (is also popular in Florida , perhaps Aimster and Naelyn, you’ve heard of it)? Well, it has 5 different types of liquor in it and no matter how big and burly you are, even if you are some 380 lb. man they cut you off after 2 because it’s 45-70% proof! We split one because we’re lightweights. It was decent; it is supposed to taste like a chocolate milkshake but my sister said it tastes like a giant White Russian to her. Da bears enjoyed all the honky tonks and Shellie May, being the main audiophile of my beary bunch, went into Ernest Tubb’s record shop to peruse their selection.

I went to work on Monday, Thursday, and Friday, while my sister amused herself. So I came home Friday to find out from her that Shaggy Duffy has been discontinued from the Disney store and people on Amazon are charging $169. That's wacked! She was shopping on ebay. Shaggy Duffy helped her find a real one, and not a counterfeit.

Shaggy Duffy noticed someone else named Duffy; it was Patrick Duffy. “Who dat?” he asked. “Oh, forget him, I want YOU,” said my sister, much to Shaggy Duffy’s pleasure.

Then we ate at another British pub, which just opened. It’s called….. “The Pub”.

“Gee, we’re sure getting use out of our British outfits,” said Duffy and Shellie May.

Duffy remembered that Adam Ant is from England and gave a shout out to him. “Hi, Adam Ant, wherever you are! I like your food!”

The first Saturday of every October is a one day free festival (including free parking WOOT) called the Celebrate Nashville Cultural Festival. This is my 5th time going and there were still 11 performers I wanted to see. There are 5-7 stages depending on their schedule, with performers representing various countries (15% of Nashvillians are foreign born), lots of food booths, and a global village with demonstrations (i.e., over the years I have had my hand painted with henna, tried on a sari, got my name written in Japanese, had my birthdate drawn on the Mayan calendar, etc.), crafts and various foods and products from around the world, a giant parade, and the Parthenon, which was built in 1897 for the World's Fair and is a replica of the Parthenon in Greece, has free admission this day. There is also a newly added beer garden.

We went inside the Parthenon but someone who was just newly assigned would not let me take a photo of the giant Athena statue with the bears. There is definitely photography allowed on that level but we had some acts to see so I didn't have time to argue about it. I will just take the bears next year or some other time. They viewed it; I just couldn't get a photo of them.

This is the Tennessee state flag.

Duffy remembered that Adam Ant is from England and gave a shout out to him. “Hi, Adam Ant, wherever you are! I like your food!”
    Ok that made me laugh because most regular British food is plain and bland. A lot of Brits are all about Indian food/curries. But Americanized versions of pub grub is popular here. There's an Irish pub where I am that has some of the best fish & chips I've ever had. and I had a traditional English breakfast at a local Brit pub (owned by a British couple that live here now) that was pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Ok that made me laugh because most regular British food is plain and bland. A lot of Brits are all about Indian food/curries. But Americanized versions of pub grub is popular here. There's an Irish pub where I am that has some of the best fish & chips I've ever had. and I had a traditional English breakfast at a local Brit pub (owned by a British couple that live here now) that was pretty decent.
    The Curragh Irish Restaurant that was in Schaumburg, IL had really good boxty (giant potato pancake with filling and then folded in half). I actually like simple food and dislike all the restaurants adding a ton of pepper lately (um, it's on the table so let the patrons add it if they want it), and my sister travels a lot to England and enjoys their food. I like to taste the actual food. In Nashville we have a lot of Middle Eastern food because we have the highest population of Kurds in the country, and I do like whatever they season their foods with, yummy. But if it's highly peppered or highly spiced to hurt my palate and make me choke, um, no thanks.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

I Ruby Falls — and Rock City! Oh, memories of home! Thanks, JillT!

Happened across this on YouTube...

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

AWESOMETOWN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Happened across this on YouTube...

Where's ZTRinZler? She loves Origami! Remember that flower she made?

• North American Duffeteer

A good morning to all Duffeteers.

Smile for Duffy.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

•   
    • White Water Snacker!

My two little Dodger fans getting ready for tonight's game.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by JillT View Post
    Where's ZTRinZler? She loves Origami! Remember that flower she made?
    I've been wondering this for a long time. I assume she's just busy with school.

Well, I went to take Duffy's high top British shoes off today. I didn't pull but he said, "ooo, ouch" and I noticed now he has a popped foot.

"Maybe you should operate on yourself first," said Shellie May.

Duffy got out the needle but the prospect of sticking it into his OWN foot was quite daunting, so he decided to just run around like Shellie May and continue with his life.

My mom says her bears are ready for Halloween -- but just wait 'til they see their new bat and cat costumes!