Page 237 of 265 FirstFirst ... 137187212227234235236237238239240247262 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 3972

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Quote Originally Posted by JillT View Post
    I hope I'm just having a blind moment (not to be confused with a "blonde moment" since I'm brunette LOL). I am on the Disney store looking to see if they have any new outfits for Duffy and they are NOT selling the 17" Duffy any longer! It's not even in their online catalog. Does anybody know if the 17" standard Duffy that they make costumes for (which by the way, have been lacking in new items lately) is discontinued? Duffy, oh beloved Duffy, where are you ?
    Duffy is still readily available at WDW. I think they have just stopped marketing him at Disneystore.com and the mall Disney stores.

Quote Originally Posted by mmommie View Post
    Duffy is still readily available at WDW. I think they have just stopped marketing him at Disneystore.com and the mall Disney stores.
    So he's going back to being a park exclusive item?
    When I got him in January of this year, he was also available online but not at the brick and mortar stores.
    Then he came and went at the physical stores, I guess, but now he's also not available online (17")?
    That explains it.
    He's just becoming an endangered species but has not gone extinct yet!

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

17" and 12" naked Duffy bears were in the not-so-local Disney Store 2 weeks ago, but there weren't that many.
    I find it sad that he's being phased out outside of the parks.

Then again:
    looking at the website, maybe they are simply out of stock for the 17" bears.

According to a "less than helpful" CM on the Disneystore online chat...... Duffy is sold out at the moment. They don't know when he will be back in stock.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

17" Duffy is probably "out of stock" again. There was a time earlier this year when you couldn't find 17" Duffy in any of the WDW parks or DTD. It was weird. I seriously don't think he was "sold out" as they claimed and that they pulled the stock on purpose to make him look more popular than he actually is in the States and try to create the demand for him that way. They didn't pull any of the 12" versions though, which I though was odd.

That's just my theory.

The person from Disneystore.com said they are not going to be selling him online anymore (the 17"). Not sure about the others, if they will sell out and discontinue those, too, or what. I didn't ask that; I was just sad to see my beloved 17" Duffy not there since I got one for my friend (the one that Duffy and Shellie May picked out at Mall of America in July) and now she got 2 people into him. They're not going to WDW or DL anytime soon, because they live halfway across the country.

Why do they want to stop selling him, I would think he would be doing ok there. Please keeping posting new outfits if you see them, I can always call the 877 for those

• I love that tiny bear!

I see the appeal of Duffy being "park exclusive," but I personally hope the 17" Duffy returns to the website. Without Disney online availability, buyers will probably turn to eBay. So buyers will pay more, and Disney will lose out on any sales to people who think eBay prices are too high but would've bought at the $30 price point.

(I don't know about Disney Store online CMs, but I know the resort phone CMs give extremely spotty information of dubious accuracy, so I'm hoping this one is mistaken.)

I assume he'll continue to be available in the parks--he was just printed on some Christmas merchandise like candy bars (scroll down pretty far) and sewn onto these pajamas (?) (scroll down a little) and there's the Duffy cameo in the Grand Floridian villas.

The outfits are still on sale (I posted about it in another post) on the website. They did just release the Santa suit to WDW-so they are coming out with new outfits for him. And Duffy is in most every shop in WDW. So I don't think he is going away. The rep I spoke with on the Disney Store chat last night said he was not discontinued just "Out of stock" right now. Hopefully that is true.

Worse case scenario-we start a WDW chapter of Duffy post LOL

Duffy is back on Disneystore.com

Duffy the Disney Bear Plush - 17'' | Plush | Disney Store
    Duffy the Disney Bear Plush - 17''

Duffy and Shellie May say “Happy Thanksgiving everyone” with Shaggy Duffy in the middle. “I don’t have to dress up. I’m Shaggy Duffy,” he said.

Shellie May informed me that her outfit is FRINGE overdose. Duffy likes his, though. It’s super soft. Shellie May’s is stiffer and the fringe makes her feel like she’s going to trip or snag herself. Still, she wanted to match Duffy and she humors me with whatever I put on her because even in the rare instance that she doesn’t like it she can either pawn it off on one of her sisters or she knows it won’t be on her for too long. I must admit, this isn’t really her color.

My sister only likes turkey and potatoes so we’re having spaghetti pie (a family recipe), garlic bread, salad, and homemade carrot cake with cream cheese frosting instead of a traditional dinner. No raisins, pineapples, or nuts, just NORMAL carrot cake LOL.

I hope everyone has a nice time today with their family and friends.

Did you see the annoucement today with Duffy and Toys for Tots? Maybe that is why you can't find him at the Disney Store Website, they pulled all of them for this promotion

Awwwww, what tot wouldn't like a teddy bear, especially Duffy?

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by JillT View Post
    So he's going back to being a park exclusive item?
    When I got him in January of this year, he was also available online but not at the brick and mortar stores.
    Then he came and went at the physical stores, I guess, but now he's also not available online (17")?
    That explains it.
    He's just becoming an endangered species but has not gone extinct yet!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    I see the appeal of Duffy being "park exclusive," but I personally hope the 17" Duffy returns to the website. Without Disney online availability, buyers will probably turn to eBay. So buyers will pay more, and Disney will lose out on any sales to people who think eBay prices are too high but would've bought at the $30 price point.
    I suspect there's virtually no chance that Duffy is being discontinued. I'm not in the US, of course, but his momentum appears to be building rather than declining. I agree with Aimster that there may be an attempt here to manipulate holiday demand by making him appear scarce. There's too much very recent merchandise; Duffy disappearing suddenly would be very strange.

Also, while I understand the arguments for convenience and accessibility, I have always thought and will always believe that easily obtainable delivered-right-to-your-door-at-random-from-a-warehouse Duffy lessens the experience and cheapens the value of the character. I have never liked it.

I think Disney has done this backwards. They should have been more patient, with a minimum five-year plan for building awareness and attachment among a core group of park Guests. There should never have been an online option. Then, after a strong enough base exists, they could have rolled out Duffy in the brick and mortar Disney Stores with a well-themed "Cape Cod Corner" and exclusive Store merchandise, leaving some items still as park exclusives. After two or three years of that, maybe they'd consider making Duffy available online through a Disney-calibre Cape Cod web experience that put Tokyo's to shame.

Sadly, this course was not chosen and I fear there will be fewer Duffy fans and shorter longevity for our little bear. In Tokyo, I actually cannot imagine what could happen at this point that would allow OLC to stop producing and promoting Duffy without very significant fan disappointment and outrage. In the US, it is sometimes difficult for me to imagine a future where people en masse even recognize him, much less care about him. The potential to embody the park experience is a wasted, squandered opportunity that can no longer be reclaimed, just as much as Duffy as a lasting character in Tokyo is no longer a question. It's a shame WDC lacked the patience, foresight, and faith to create a Duffy experience to undoubtedly stand the test of time. I hope it's not too late, but already Duffy in the US feels like a piece of synergy merchandise to me rather than being a unique, important character. I hope they pick up the ball, but I'm not sure how much they can really do to repair the situation now.

The Christmas Elf is definitely a quality improvement, but without being tied to the parks and Cape Cod, there is a significant vacuum right on the heart of the concept. I hate to say it, but I'm beginning to see the value in a Duffy animation project.