Page 239 of 298 FirstFirst ... 139189214229236237238239240241242249264289 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,585 of 4457

• Munchings & Crunchings

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

How about Duffket, DuffyB, Dufflett, or Bluffy?

• Happy Spring!

I must say, I like Bluffy! Thanks gurgi. Keep them coming folks!

p.s. The DD doesn't like Bluffy.
    She votes for DuffyB.

We need more suggestions.
    Last edited by Ilovegreataur; 12-02-2013 at 03:50 PM.

I vote for Dufflett.

And I agree with Kittyloaf on that Duffy bag. So adorable and does look very high quality. Enjoy it and I hope you get well soon!

• Journey On!

I immediately like DuffyB!^^

• Munchings & Crunchings

My DuffyPost box arrived yesterday (well, I picked it up yesterday) and I couldn't be happier! It was like early Christmas, and this time I was allowed to open my gifts early (well, most of them anyway).

This box is full!

Maybe these two are the reason? They couldn't wait to get out and get some air. This is the first time they've seen anyplace but TDS.

They got comfortable right away.

The large bears are SO soft! The fur is different from the medium bears, because it's more "to scale". It is shaggier, but it makes them really look like they are just upsized regular bears. To help with that effect, all of the tags are scaled up too, which makes it feel like you're a kid and holding the regular bears. So soft and cuddly! Oh, and even ShellieMay's bow is detachable with elastic, just like her smaller counterpart. I was actually expecting the bow to be sewn to her head, but no, it's just like the regular sized bears!

Here is Big D and Duffy to see the size comparison.

They are welcomed to the family quickly!

Here's the whole pile of loot. (Well, except for regular Duffy & ShellieMay, they came to greet.)

These are the Colors of Christmas costumes.

The colors look great, and the quality is superb. They really look and feel luxurious.

Duffy and ShellieMay model the new completed Christmas Wishes/Santa's Coming Tonight costumes.

The combined costumes are fantastic, and the details are adorable. One thing I noticed is that the mittens are removable! OLC must have listened when people complained about the mittens on the coats last year being attached. It's SO nice to be able to remove them if you don't want the bears to wear them. The "double bow" on ShellieMay does make her head look small, but it's an interesting concept, and the new bow actually has a velcro strap to keep the old bow from moving around, so it's more like a single unit.

The big guys needed some winter fun too, so I pulled out some scarves they could wear.

Oh, and as I was fawning over my new large additions, I had a realization. I thought it would be nice if there were big heart cockle and bottle charms for the large bears, then I remembered the balloons! I know they don't sell the balloons anymore, but when they did, each one came with a weight that looked like each bear's charm. A big heart for ShellieMay and a bottle for Duffy. So...I found the ones I had and...they are just the right size!

Thank you again, DuffyD, for the hard work to get everyone exactly what they wanted. I'm so happy to finally own the large bears. I've had them on my list for years, and finally owning them is great! I'll have to take a picture of the whole family together. I think it might be too much Duffy love...
    Last edited by gurgi; 12-03-2013 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Adding more description.

• Happy Spring!

WOW. Wow wow wow!

Gurgi, I cannot even imagine the amount of money you spent! It is terrible for that to be my first thought, but it is.
    Nice pickings and great find for the pendants for the big bears.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Jealous of your haul there, Gurgi!!

• I love that tiny bear!

Gurgi, those giant bears are AMAZING! They look really beautifully-proportioned. I noticed your Shellie May looked especially cute, but I didn't get a sense of scale from the first photo, so I assumed you got more 17" bears for some reason. I had no idea they were the giant bears until you put them on the bed. Wow!

Unboxing time!

Actually, Santa Duffy, Tiny Duffy, and Tiny Shellie May guarded the box. (I tried to use an elastic to hold down Tiny Shellie May's green bow, but she wouldn't let me. Something about wanting a "Super Bow".)

"Wait!" said Santa Duffy. "None of you are Christmas-y enough to open the Christmas box."

It took exactly 1.5 seconds for Shellie May to change into a dress from Aimster's aunt, jump up, and give Santa Duffy a giant bear hug. "Am I Christmas-y enough yet??????"

"Ack!" said Santa Duffy. "Yes."

"YAAAAAAY!!!"

Through the magic of scarfs, the rest of the gang passed muster at last.

"Wait," said Dusty (the 8" bear). "Where are the itty Christmas bears?"

But no one had enough patience to wait. Yes, Even Santa Duffy was naughty and burst right in to the box!

The duffel bag is every bit as amazing as photos indicated. Maybe even better! It's a cute fit for smaller bears, but (assuming I find a cute one) I'm actually planning to buy a 17" Duffy in Epcot in January, so it will be for him.

Inner bag/lining fabric is perfect!

The rest of my haul (though Tippy Blue is a friend for my mom's Duffy).

This bag is WAY bigger and nicer than I'd assumed from the website--I'd thought the price was a bit steep (but still bought it for someone who loved/wanted it until she figured out how much it cost). Seeing it in person, I think the pricing is right on. I haven't opened it--it looks so great in the packaging, I think I have to leave it instead of putting another present inside! But it could probably fit a Spring Voyage bear with its head sticking out (or maybe squished all inside).

Oh, and look. Even some candy for the latecomers, my itty Christmas bears. So glad they weren't left out of the fun!

Thank you so much, DuffyD! Merry Christmas!

• Journey On!

Wow, Eeee-va and Gurgi! I really when the unboxing photos include both cute storytelling and detailed product commentary. These posts really make it all worthwhile. Your critical eyes convince me that Duffeteers are not simply riding on Disney's latest bandwagon, but looking carefully and noticing what matters, taking real joy in the details. If not for that very care-full selection, what a waste Duffy would be. And isn't it only the fact that Duffy is "not that"...isn't that the thing we love most about this whole crazy ride? To be honest, I think part of the reason I'm collecting so much now is that I really wonder how long it can last. How long until the creativity and commitment run dry and Duffy becomes a commodity or corporate mascot (yes, I see the inherent irony there and in some ways it "futureproofs" him^^)? But so far, so good. So I am hopeful and optimistic.

2014 is a new year, and 2013 has been the biggest expansion for our MiceChat community. I hope next year we can all start putting our heads together for some grassroots campaigning about bringing the quality, spirit, and MESSAGE of Cape Cod Duffy to more people in more regions where Duffy is sold. That is, for me, what the Duffy Post is all about. It's not just convenient and cheap.

The goal of the Post is to make WishListing feel like writing to Santa, to make anticipation of your Care Package feel like an exciting wait (not a troublesome one), and finally opening it up should feel like getting a gift that just happens to be exactly what you wanted while also somehow managing to surprise you.

All of that is how I feel about the Tokyo Duffy Design Team. Although I'm fortunate enough to live in Tokyo, I experience the same wishing for future releases, anticipation of what's coming next, excitement waiting for the seasonal releases, and wonder at the talented team which nearly always manages to somehow exceed the high expectations they themselves have encouraged me to expect. I try as hard as I can to pass that experience, that energy, on to WishListers. I do this because it makes me feel better to know that there are people in the world who understand it. People who understand that "materialism" doesn't have to be a dirty word. That corporations, marketing, merchandising and design don't have to be just about making money. That toys, imagination, and cute for cute's sake, for the sake of how it softens the heart is not something that stops being valuable just because we grow older.

But we are older, and it is difficult to convince others. It is hard for people to think more about the energy being nurtured than the money spent/wasted in order to nurture it. I have friends who spend money on massage, fine food, expensive clothes, whatever. And some of them simply cannot understand that Duffy has the same effect - for me.

I'm not sure the message of what Duffy really is and why that matters is getting through. I'm not sure that everywhere Duffy is sold, he is more than a thing to buy. I hope in 2014 we see lots of creative projects like kittyloaf's awesome calendar and mmommie's Etsy renewal that help put that energy out into the larger world, and I hope our grassroots Duffeteering is the branding that lives in people's hearts and minds, even if it means Disney makes more money selling more bears they don't really care about.

Although, I have to admit... Disney has had some great releases this year, the standout being the most recent Christmas Elf. I'm hopeful that the Company, too, has turned a corner, and we may see some real magic happening as Duffy gallops ahead in the Year of the Horse.

Thanks, MiceChat Duffeteers (and thank you so much, WishListers^^), for a fantastic 2013. Let's make next year even better, and make sure everyone who knows Duffy also knows Happiness, Luck, and Cape Cod! Round up the horses, Duffeteers! We're in for another exciting ride!

• Munchings & Crunchings

That is why I like to post details about the products. I really didn't intend for my post to seem like I was showing off or anything. We all have our particular hobbies, and mine just happens to be Duffy. I don't spend nearly as much collecting as some people that I know who collect other things. It's all relative. I just found out a friend of mine is in financial trouble because he spent $19K on online gaming. So, that kind of puts the amount I spend on Duffy in perspective for me. At least I have something to look at (and hug) with the money I spend. It's also not at all about how much things cost for me either, I collect because I love Duffy. I do realize that I would never be able to sell my collection and make back what I spent. I don't collect anything that way actually. Sometimes I do feel like it's an addiction though, when new releases come out and I "need" to buy things because of the quality and cuteness. Maybe I shouldn't, especially now that I've returned to school full-time and it's certainly not cheap...money could be better spent, but I love Duffy and can't help it.

Those big bears were always a "someday" thing that I wanted, but didn't feel like I could justify it. But, then I saw JillT's big Shellie, and thought it might be time. It's interesting to me that I felt a little bad about spending that much on them, but then the same day my care package arrived and I got to cuddle the big guys for the first time, I found out my friend was in debt for online gaming...and I felt like maybe I shouldn't be upset with myself, it's all relative.

As for the quality, and feeling like the DuffyPost is Christmas every time, yes! Even though we are making lists with exactly what we want, it still feels like something new once we have them in our hands. The quality is not easy to see online in tiny pictures. As KittyLoaf and Eeee-va found out with the beautiful Duffel tote, it's just so much more amazing in person. That's what's like Christmas every time. That's why was so impressed with the big bears, and the way they were made to scale with the big tags & Shellie's detachable bow. It's in the little details.

Speaking of those little details, I love everyone else's unboxing photo stories. The interactions between your bears, and the excitement about the contents are infectious.

• Happy Spring!

Gurgi: I hope you don't think I was knocking you when I commented about the money. Believe me, I would get a whole lot more than I do if I didn't have a husband making a comment every time I happen by BAB or when it is time for a new TDS release.

And YES, it is like Christmas every time a package arrives. Seeing, touching, examining details, all that is real. It only seems real when we look at online photos, but when we actually have the desired items in our hands, it is so much better.

Funny but true: On the way home after leaving my DD at gymnastics (I'm guessing mmommie uses this for Darling Daughter), I thought, "I ordered the Duffy cushion for her. I really should have ordered Shellie May." I opened the box and I HAD ordered Shellie May. That was even more exciting!! The added bonus is that in 3 weeks, her excitement will begin.

ILG

• I Heart ShellieMay!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    WOW. Wow wow wow!

Gurgi, I cannot even imagine the amount of money you spent! It is terrible for that to be my first thought, but it is.
    Nice pickings and great find for the pendants for the big bears.
    ILG, I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking that! I was about to ask if Gurgi robbed a bank! No judgment meant at all there. I'm just admiring! Such an amazing haul! I love it all.

I have to say I got the cookie tin and I just love the detail on all of it. It's so amazing. It'll be apart of my Christmas decorations for now on. A question for gurgi and anyone else who got the drawstring bag: How do you guys intend to use it? I got it myself and I'm in love with it. I want to use it as my Christmas purse but I don't know how durable it'll be for that.
    Last edited by Boog1981; 12-04-2013 at 08:35 AM.

• Happy Spring!

I didn't get it, but is it not one of those back pack satchels? If it is, they are quite useful. We use them all of the time, like when you are hiking with the puppets.

• I Heart ShellieMay!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    I didn't get it, but is it not one of those back pack satchels? If it is, they are quite useful. We use them all of the time, like when you are hiking with the puppets.
    It's more like a bag with a wrist strap. I think the size is more like something you would keep in a bigger purse and keep smaller items from getting lost but the design is so adorable, I want people to be able to see it.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by Boog1981 View Post
    It's more like a bag with a wrist strap. I think the size is more like something you would keep in a bigger purse and keep smaller items from getting lost but the design is so adorable, I want people to be able to see it.
    Actually, that's exactly what I do with mine! I put it in my school bag to keep toiletries from getting lost all over the inside of my bag. So, I can just reach in there for gum, chapstick, tissues, etc.