Page 245 of 263 FirstFirst ... 145195220235242243244245246247248255 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,675 of 3943

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Duffy and Shellie May were not motivated to go to suburban Chicago for Christmas considering it was 64F in Nashville and 26F up there. “We were there in March, and it was COLD!” Duffy reminded me.

“It was fun playing in the snow…well, until we froze our BUTTS off,” said Shellie May.

I told them that I had it on good authority that Santa would be picking up their gifts from a Denmark Build-A-Bear and would not have time to deliver them all the way to Nashville so they had to meet him partway. “Look, I even got you new Christmas outfits to wear.”

“These mittens make me feel like I’m wearing socks on my paws,” said Duffy.

“Mine aren’t so bad. At least they have bows,” chimed in Shellie May.

When we got to Chicago it was so cold they did not want to take their mittens off. Then they swaddled themselves in my sister’s afghan. “We’ll come out when Santa gets here,” they informed me. Some days were so cold that the HIGH was still negative Fahrenheit.

Da bears were up early on Christmas morning. “ooo, there goes Santa!” they said in unison.

“Um, no, that’s a snow plow,” I informed them.

They found their gifts under the tree. “This wrapping paper looks like US!” said Shellie May excitedly. She spent a lot of time admiring it.

"Bears, you are going to have to take your mittens off to open them. It's not THAT cold in here. We turned the heat up already."

Duffy tore his open right away. “Way cool!” he exclaimed at his outfit, immediately putting on the warm hat (they also sell this outfit in the USA Build-A-Bear).

“I’ll help you open yours, Shellie May,” he then said. Shellie May was still admiring hers. She got a St. Lucy (Lucia) outfit and a 9 page printout of the tradition.

Saint Lucy's Day - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

“I love it,” she exclaimed! “Okay, so you can wear that next December 13,” I told her.

I got my sister 24” Duffy, which she named Snuggly Duffy. My sister’s cat is jealous of the cuddle competition and did not like him. He tried to say hi to her but the cat was biting his nose. “hmmm, that’s really weird! Why doesn’t she like me? That has never happened before,” said Snuggly Duffy, who is a little charmer. I guess the cat will have to get over it since my sister has one hand available to cuddle and pet each of them anyway. Snuggly Duffy tried to win the cat over but it was to no avail.

"What part of I don't like you do you not understand?" my sister's cat seemed to be saying.

"Go away!"

"Ouch!" said Snuggly Duffy.

Later he tried again. "Hello, Ariel," Snuggly Duffy gently said.

My sister's cat is still crabby.

We reassured her that my sister can snuggle with Snuggly Duffy with one arm and with the cat with the other, but my sister's cat is a one person cat for sure!

"Okay, I'll just sit here under the tree in peace," Snuggly Duffy finally said.

I got Birthday Duffy. My birthday was in November but my sister did not want to ship it so she got me something else and saved this for Christmas. Duffy and Shellie May are always happy to get a new sibling. Of course, by this time they had their mittens back on.

"The better to EAT you with, Birthday Duffy," said my sister's cat but she could not reach him!

My sister’s cat then went after Birthday Duffy. It’s a good thing I had him safely wrapped for the long journey home.

Birthday Duffy had a lot of pent up energy and is cartwheeling all over the place!

We went to my friend’s house and she presented Shellie May with a chair. Shellie May is now a queen bee. Tropicolor Teddy and Lo♥ey also took a turn sitting on Shellie May’s “throne”.

Duffy got a car that zooms around.

• Minion

OMG, the pictures with Duffy and the cat had me cracking up! Especially the one where Ariel took a big ol' CHOMP! Beautiful cat, btw. I love those calico colors.

JillT, as always I enjoy your humorous picture stories and it was fun to see your bears (and the cat!) have a magical Christmas.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by JillT View Post
    Aimster, I love those scarves your bears got. I'm glad y'all had a great Christmas.
    Thanks. I think they're actually from Petsmart. I think I remember seeing them there when I was getting cat food & kitty litter one day.

Duffy, Shellie May, Zhu Xiong, Adelaide, Tropicolor Teddy, and Lo♥ey all dressed up for their New Year’s Eve party. I think Adelaide looks the prettiest but sssh, don’t tell Shellie May I said that.

“Come on, Shellie May, dance with me,” said Duffy. He gave her a kiss on the cheek. “Happy New Year,” he said.

Shellie May is the belle of the ball, sitting on her throne. The other bears paid homage to the queen.

They found my leftover liquor from when my sister visited and we made some mixed drinks. Um, yeah, it was a rough morning after. It’s no wonder Duffy passed out face down drinking both brandy AND whiskey. Adelaide was tipsy, too. Lo♥ey garnered both the Lemoncello and the Disaronno, because “Italy is next to Switzerland.” Shellie May woke up this morning with one shoe falling off and her crown dangling from the side of her head. Needless to say, none of the bears felt very good so I don’t think they’ll be imbibing in alcoholic beverages again anytime soon!

Shaggy Duffy is happy to have a new friend. “Gee whiz, Hello Kitty, if I knew you were coming I would have shaved my fur. Well, since you are already here I will just stay shaggy.”

“It’s okay, I like you either way,” said Hello Kitty. Shaggy Duffy is the only bear that did not have a plush buddy.

Last edited by JillT; 01-01-2014 at 08:55 AM.

• North American Duffeteer

Time to share some Duffy photos:

So I went to California Adventure before the New Year and had lots of fun.

First, I dropped by to say hi to Duffy:

Posing with my Duffy hand puppet:

After a few attractions, we went to Buena Vista Street and said hi to Pluto:

Before I was finished greeting Pluto, I saw his collar and said to him "...if found, please return to Mickey and Duffy." Pluto liked it and Duffy gave him a kiss and said goodbye to him.

And to end our visit, we said hi to Mickey:

And these our some of the Duffy merchandise that I bought: the Duffy pillow:

The pressed medallion book (with Duffy on the back):

The Sulley outfit:

And the Duffy hand puppet:

And that was our visit to California Adventure. What do you guys think?

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

Very nice. I'm pleasantly surprised that Duffy made it onto the pressed penny book. They have a lot of characters on there.

Your Duffy pillow pet has a really cute face.

Thanks for sharing, MikkiMausu!

Duffy and Shellie May made a New Year's resolution to "eat less, exercise more." Last winter they pretty much hibernated through the winter, but I definitely am encouraging this goal. Adelaide, the athletic tomboy of my beary bunch, was happy to have someone to get active with. Shellie May and Adelaide both wore sketchers.

First they had to stretch.

Duffy was still stretching (stalling) while Shellie May and Adelaide went into a round of jumping jacks.

Duffy climbed one set of stairs and now he's standing here proud of himself and says he's done.

"That's it?" I asked?

"Yup," he replied. "Must start slowly so as not to injure myself. Hmmmm, I think I'll take a nap now."

Sweet Sister was going to join them but since the stairs are too much for her she never got past Duffy's sleeping bag.

Duffy soon kicked her out so he could get some "much deserved shut-eye".

It was probably too much for me to expect any REAL exercise to take place during winter from bears.

Duffy's and Adelaide's outfits come from this shop on Etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/BearNaccessories

Shellie May's outfit comes from this shop on Etsy:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/mimirob
    Last edited by JillT; 01-04-2014 at 12:24 PM.

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by JillT View Post
    Sweet Sister was going to join them but since the stairs are too much for her she never got past Duffy's sleeping bag.

Sweet Sister's outfit is AMAZING! Did you cut down a baby outfit?

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    Sweet Sister's outfit is AMAZING! Did you cut down a baby outfit?
    OMG, no, Sweet Sister would be too tiny to cut anything down from. It is an 8" outfit from Teddy Mountain. It is a sweatshirt hood + zippy dress thing and then sweat pants.

Do you guys still do meets? I've been a disney fan my whole life and just recently got into the Duffy/ Shellie May craze and I LOVE it. I am actually waiting for Shellie May to be picked up and sent to make her new home here in FL. How did everyone else get into the craze?

Quote Originally Posted by Mickeylove5 View Post
    Do you guys still do meets? I've been a disney fan my whole life and just recently got into the Duffy/ Shellie May craze and I LOVE it. I am actually waiting for Shellie May to be picked up and sent to make her new home here in FL. How did everyone else get into the craze?
    I went to DisneyWorld last January (2013) and stayed right on the premises. I had been there before but this was the first time staying there. That's where I discovered Duffy (he is everywhere) and I heard of Shellie May from one of the cast members but he didn't know her name, just that Duffy had a friend in Tokyo's DisneySea. I came home and learned more. Got her from someone in Ohio, and then it sort of expanded from there. I'm happy you're getting Shellie May. The bears develop a personality in your head (ha, at least mine do) and then it sort of feeds off itself and now I have some Build-A-Bears, too!

Welcome to the forum, Mickeylove5.