Page 255 of 276 FirstFirst ... 155205230245252253254255256257258265 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 4139

• 10 days to go!

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Good news everybody!
    I've just booked a trip to WDW in December. Current plan is 5th-14th. I know it is still a looonnnnggggg way off, but I'm super excited.

I hope to meet some of you locals or anyone else who happens to be visiting when we are.
    ILG

• North American Duffeteer

Hugs...

...and Kisses.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

A good night to all Duffeteers.

From Duffy and Pluto.

Time to share some Duffy photos and video:

Duffy en habit de Printemps | Duffy l'ours Disney

Presented at Duffy l'ours Disney, here he is in his spring outfit greeting guests and posing for photos.

A good morning and a happy Tuesday to all Duffeteers, from Pluto and Duffy.

Got some Duffy photos I want to share:

I bought Duffy some new diapers for him to wear, as a clothing piece. He loves the Mickey & Friends Prints on them.

Here they are:

Since the diapers are smaller, they fit well on a regular 17 inch Duffy plush.

Duffy and Shellie May had their first road trip this year. I took them to the Great Smoky Mountains National Park.

First we stopped at Donut Friar in Gatlinburg, TN which opens at 5 in the morning. They needed their energy for the day.

They were thrilled to enter their first national park. The Great Smoky Mountain National Park is the most visited national park in the country, because it's within a day's drive of so much of the U.S. population.

At Newfound Gap, they got their picture taken at the Tennessee/North Carolina state sign.

“North Carolina is a new state for us,” said Shellie May excitedly.

Back in Tennessee, we hiked the Cove Hardwood trail at the Chimneys Picnic area.

Shellie May spotted a trillium. “I remember this flower from last year when I wore my brownie uniform at Mousetail Landing State Park,” said Shellie May. She has a good memory!

They’re not big hikers, because at 17” tall, a 1.5 mile loop trail seems like a cross-country trek to them. All I heard was:
    Duffy = How long is this trail?

Shellie May = Yeah, are we there yet?

Duffy = what is there to see?

Shellie May = I’m tired. Will you carry us?

Duffy = I need another donut.

Shellie May = forget the donut. I wish I had stayed in the car listening to my pawpod.

Duffy = sigh, how much longer?

When they got to the stairs they started up but I decided with as slow as they are, it would be a win/win to carry them. They let out a big sigh of relief.

Here they are taking a much deserved rest on a log.

We looked at the Bear Art in Cherokee, North Carolina. They wanted to climb on each one. I think they were like little kids using stall tactics to avoid bedtime, only with me they were stalling hoping we’d have less time for walking!

"Pee-YOU!" Shellie May exclaimed disapprovingly at this bear smoking its pipe.

They like the sunrise/sunset, and scenic overlooks, because they can just get out of the car and see it right there.

At night Shellie May wanted me to take a picture of her and a bear taking a picture of ME!

Duffy liked the little bitty car at the Guinness Book of World Records. It is the smallest car ever in production.

Shellie May pointed out the shopping at the Villages.

Having fun at the Village

That was about all the night life they got because they were tired and ready for bed quite early.

A good time was had by all and da bears have a new state to add to their repertoire.
    Last edited by JillT; 04-29-2014 at 03:34 AM. Reason: forgot to upload some pics

Great Picture's!!!!

• I love that tiny bear!

What a fun adventure your Duffy and Shellie May are having, JillT! Love it!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

OMG GATLINBURG! We took several spring break trips there when I was a kid. Loved all the quirky shops and tourist trap attractions. Amazed the Donut Friar & The Village is still there! Those places bring back memories for me. I also remember going in the candy shops and watch them make taffy. OMG those taffy logs!!! *drooling*

That little car Duffy liked is a Peel P50, the world's smallest production car. They did a whole segment on it on Top Gear UK several years ago (and is still one of the funniest segments they've ever done):

Thanks for the upload, Aimster! Duffy wants one! I don't like how the tires slant out when they show him pulling out of the garage. I can't believe the guy got on the road with it! I love how he dragged it inside work like luggage!

Do you remember the Yugo? $4,400 and if you hit a curb while parking it TOTALLED the car because it was so poorly made!

I don't like taffy because it has no flavor but I did buy some nerds at the Sweets store in the Island, which is the newest entertainment complex in Pigeon Forge (sporting a fountain and a 200' ferris wheel).

So this happened today:

But I can't stay mad cuz he's just too cute. He knows he did something wrong...

It wasn't even out on a table or anything. He actually opened the cabinet door and jumped up to the shelf with the mugs and knocked it over. I'm going to try to glue it and just use it for decoration. Fortunately, the image of Duffy and Shellie May in their Halloween costumes is mostly intact

Just thought I'd share.

• Minion

Aww, so sorry that happened, First Star!

I'm tellin' ya, there's something about those tuxedo cats. I have one too, and he's an ornery little devil that gets into everything. Once he knocked over and broke a Donald Duck coffee mug from WDW and I had to special order a new one (it was a complete set, so I couldn't stand having one missing). But he's so cute I can never stay mad at him for very long.

Duffy and Shellie May went on a Nashville outing. First they viewed the state capitol building and enjoyed the fountain at War Memorial Plaza.

By then the library had opened.

There was a flags and faces exhibit.

The library is HUGE. Shellie May perused the CD collection.

The children's section has a puppet exhibit.

Shellie May is queen bee sitting on the throne.

There were a variety of colorful places to sit. They had to take a rest in between all the browsing, as they loaded up my bookbag from last year's summer reading program.

It was a beautiful day and the library has a lovely courtyard with a fountain.

The library allows 100 items per patron, but da bears' eyes were bigger than the bookbag. "You can also shop on the internet at home and order what you want. They'll deliver it right to the branch library."

"Oh, shop on the internet?" said Shellie May, as her ears and eyes perked up. I wish I would have thought of that sooner! It's a lot safer to have her shopping for media from the library than it is to come home from work and hear about what new Disney, Build-A-Bear, or Etsy outfit she wants me to buy for her.

"Can we check out video games?" asked Duffy. "I might do some shopping of my own!"

"Um, no, Duffy, they had a video game program at one of the branch libraries as a beta test last year but there was too much theft so they discontinued it."

"Bummer," he said.

By the time we got done, with Duffy and Shellie May signing up for the summer reading program, we were hungry. We went to Provence Café. There is a location right next to the library, but the one in Hillsboro Village is much bigger.

Duffy got Croque Monsieur

Our version of the classic French dish features grilled ham & swiss on sourdough with Dijon cheese sauce, tomato concasse and herbs
    And Shellie May ordered:

French Toast

Cinnamon French Toast with spiced apple compote, KY maple crème fraiche and powdered sugar
    "I can't make a whole meal out of dessert," said Duffy.

"I CAN!" exclaimed Shellie May, as she stood firm on her choice.

Plus of course, we loaded up on a variety of pastries and desserts, with multiple macaroons.

When we got home, Shellie May poured her milk.

Duffy dove into the bag to get things ready.

Duffy looked at his entrée and then at Shellie May's French toast.

"Hmmm, I'll give you my salad for some of your French toast, Shellie May," he offered.

"No, way, I don't want your salad!" Shellie May said. "But if you're nice to me I'll give you a bite of my French toast anyway."

"I'm always nice to you," said Duffy.

"Yes, you are. I was just teasing tee hee. Here you go," said Shellie May as she forked over a piece.

"Meh, not worth my cheat," she said.

"Yeah, but mine is good. Do you want a bite of mine?" Duffy asked. "One good turn deserves another."

"Sure," said Shellie May. "Yum, I like the mustard."

"Okay, time for dessert!" said Duffy when they had finished their croque monsieur.

Well, you can imagine after THAT sugar high, even if they were tempering it with organic milk, that they were in no mood to read. So they ran around for a few hours burning it off and eventually calmed down.

"Okay, let's survey our inventory," they said, as they peered into the book bag.

Shellie May stacked the books and then climbed up. They are definitely stereotypical bears in their love of climbing on anything and everything.

"I can't quite reach you, Shellie May. We should have gotten a few more!" said Duffy. Never mind that the bag was stuffed plus I had to carry them around due to the many levels at the public library downtown and how big it is.

"Okay, let's get down to business!" said Duffy, as they filled out their paperwork.

They are aiming for 50 points so they can get another book bag. Considering it just takes reading 20 minutes to get one point, and you can also get points for downloading music from freegal, watching a video from Hoopla, ordering items online (Shellie May's specialty), and telling a friend about the library, they will reach 50 points in no time!

"Let's DO this!" said Duffy, as they high fived each other and then got back to planning their strategy.
    Last edited by JillT; 05-04-2014 at 06:55 PM.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Yesterday was Free Comic Book Day, so Duffy & I hit up one of the local comic book stores to see what was what.

Spider-Man was there meeting customers! He loved Duffy's Captain America costume.

We were able to pick 3 free comics (this particular shop had a bunch of old regular comics in addition to the Free Comic Book Day releases, which was pretty cool). Duffy picked Guardians of the Galaxy and Fantastic Four. I snagged a Buffy the Vampire Slayer comic for myself. We also found an Avengers comic with Captain America on the cover in the $1 box!

Our haul: