Page 259 of 281 FirstFirst ... 159209234249256257258259260261262269 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,885 of 4203

• I love that tiny bear!

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Happy Tanabata! (Sorry for the scenery.)

No, I didn't make the kimono; got it on eBay It is actually a Dress Me Hello Kitty item. It's a bit tight at the bottom and a bit loose at the top, but not bad overall. The bow just has Velcro on the back, but I'll sew it to elastic at some point. Shellie May was just too excited to share even though she's technically several days early for the actual Star Festival, I think? I'm going to try on the other two I bought later and see how those fit.

(My local mall had an adorable sailor outfit in the Dress Me Hello Kitty line on clearance for about $15, I think...I'm almost certain it would fit Shellie May but I didn't try it...I'm hoping the price goes down more. )

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I went to the mall today and picked up a Bambi Tsum Tsum at my local Disney Store. Tsum Tsums are stackable plush toys that are popular in Japan (I've seen lots of photos of various ones my Japanese friends have posted on Facebook). US Disney Stores started carrying Tsum Tsums this week. The little ones are really freaking cute and they have lots of characters like Bambi, Thumper, Miss Bunny, Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, Donald, Daisy, Stitch, Sulley, Pooh, Tigger and more!

Name:  Brp5juKIYAEL48O.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  43.0 KB

Patriotic Duffy did not have to stowaway this year since I am staying local for Independence Day. The Nashville Independence Day fireworks are ranked 2nd in the nation and I have never seen them; they are slated to last 27 minutes and be choreographed to music by the Nashville Symphony Orchestra.

"That will be a BLAST!" said Patriotic Duffy, "literally AND figuratively".

So here is Patriotic Duffy, Duffy dressed as an American patriot from Colonial times, and Shellie May wearing...WHAT?!??>!

"Shellie May, are those your cheerleader pom poms in your ears?"

"Yeah....so?" she replied.

Well, I learned long ago not to question Shellie May's fashion sense.

They played with their pinwheels

Shellie May then raided the freezer to get a Bomb pop treat.

"Oh, my! Bears, why didn't you tell me we were out of food?" I exclaimed in surprise. They're eating me out of house and home (I guess constantly adding to the family doesn't help).

"As long as we have some ice cream left, it's okay," said Shellie May.

"Yeah, and the nearest 24 hour grocery is less than 2 miles away. What is the big deal?" said Duffy.

Gotta love city conveniences!

Happy Independence Day everyone!

• I love that tiny bear!

JillT, where did Colonial Duffy get his outfit?!

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    JillT, where did Colonial Duffy get his outfit?!
    I got it online last year from Teddy Mountain.

Happy 4th of JulyName:  10513251_10203225786397796_3850198115491117028_n.jpg
Views: 223
Size:  27.3 KB

Name:  Flag Bears2.JPG
Views: 220
Size:  108.2 KB

Happy 4th everyone!!!!!

And because it is 4th of July related.........

Some might remember I found a "kindred" spirit at WDW. She has a Shellie May, but with no clothes so awhile ago I surprised her with a dress I made of her favorite princess. She was thrilled and now she looks for us to visit. Life has been a bit crazy here and I have not had enough time to spend at WDW But I found a few minutes to make a 4th of July dress for her and run it over to her. She was so happy that we remembered her. (Note to self: I NEED to spend more time at Disney).... anyway here is the dress (or part of the dress LOL)
    Name:  Star dress 3.JPG
Views: 220
Size:  68.8 KB

Saturday we went on a long day trip.

First we stopped at Casey Jones Village in Jackson, TN. Duffy was enamored with all the trains and could hardly contain himself. "Take my picture here...and here," he said as he was running around.

His enthusiasm was contagious. "I'll join you in this photo, Duffy," said Shellie May.

Overall, though, Shellie May was more interested in food. The restaurant has a southern comfort food buffet (note, I was disappointed in the breakfast selection, but dinner is better).

Once inside the restaurant and country store, Shellie May, ever the audiophile, became distracted by the juke box. "My stomach can wait," she informed me.

“Since you built it, we will come,” said Duffy of the Discovery Park of America in rural Union City, TN.

Discovery Park of America opened in November 2013. It is actually built on a cornfield, near an old Goodyear tire plant, which closed in July 2011, taking 1,800 jobs with it. The lost jobs hurt the area's economy and residents' morale, but the future may be getting brighter. Office chair maker 9to5 Seating recently announced it's moving manufacturing operations from China to Union City, adding about 500 jobs.
    Union City resident Robert Kirkland, who built a fortune with a chain of home decor stores and smart investments, shelled out $80 million to build the museum, Kirkland plans to keep the exhibits fresh and unique with a $3 million annual investment.

The park took 2 years to build and they hired local workers whenever possible. The idea is to bolster the economy in a region of rural America hit hard by job losses, floods, droughts and a tough economy.
    “Let’s go bring those people joy,” said Shellie May, when she read the human interest story online.
    It’s a 3 story museum with 3 add-on activities, and outdoor grounds and exhibits also. It sits on 50 acres! Everyone on Trip Advisor so far, whether they be local, regional, or living far away, has given it 5 stars!

"Look at all this!" said Duffy, studying the map and plotting our course.

"Turn the map over; the other side shows all the outdoor exhibits," advised Shellie May.

"Let's do this stuff first," said Duffy, who was getting a little bit overwhelmed, but in a good way.

"I'm glad we woke up early to get here right when it opened," said Shellie May.

First we went up in the tower before it got crowded. You can see the dirt path for the expressway that is being built right next to the Discovery Park of America. Right now it's pretty much out in the middle of nowhere with corn fields all around.

Da bears overlooked the pioneer village. "We're going to do that, too, right?" asked Shelile May.

"Yes, the park is open 10-5 and we got here and were first in line for our ticket so I'm sure we'll see it all, Shellie May. Don't worry." The park is 180 miles from Nashville.

Kaylee from Mississippi took an instant liking to da bears. "Look at this giant amethyst, Shellie May," she said.

"Ooo, that is so sparkly and pretty. Thanks for pointing it out to me," Shellie May said politely.

"Why don't you crawl inside and have your tender get your picture?"

"Um, no thanks. I can see it fine from here," Shellie May said hesitantly. I told Kaylee that Shellie May was living unloved in Ohio and her previous tender stuffed her in a shoe box and closed the lid on her for her journey to Tennessee so even though she recovered from the trauma she is still leery of small spaces.

Another girl asked her parents as she was walking by looking at Shellie May, "Is there a Build-A-Bear here?"

"Har-umph!" said Shellie May. "I am NOT a Build-A-Bear!" Well, I knew what was coming next so I quickly scooped Shellie May up before she could moon the innocent child. "Shellie May is from Disney," I informed the little girl quickly as we walked away as fast as we could.

There is a 30 foot tall slide made out of metal in the shape of a human.. If the human was standing it would be 42 feet tall. I went down first to test it, as people of all ages are welcome to try it.

Then Duffy and Shellie May held paws and went down together.

Duffy posed next to several knights, after learning about Hernando De Soto landing in Florida.

There was a large military section. Duffy sat in a jeep.

His eyes lit up when we got to the racecar display. "I'm gonna zoom, zoom, zooma, zoom!" he said.

"I like this one," said Shellie May next to the 1941 Pro Street Rod.

"Wow, that's bright! They'd see you coming from a mile away," said Duffy.

"That's the idea," replied Shellie May. "Outta my way people. I'm coming through. And I don't even have a license yet, TEE HEE!" she said impishly.

"Do you like this one better?" she asked of the 1932 Ford Triple Crown.

"

"Um, maybe you better leave the driving to me," said Duffy.

"Maybe you two should leave the driving to ME!" I told them, since Duffy's car won't have enough gas to go 180 miles!

Hours later we finally made it outside.

"We can do that," said Duffy and Shellie May as they climbed up.

"Oh, boy, more trains!" said Duffy later. "This place definitely gets my 'way cool' rating." I have to agree. There is such a variety there that I can't imagine anyone being bored. Note, though, that no backpacks or large bags are allowed and the outdoor cafe only accepts cash. I would suggest doing the add-ons first thing before it gets crowded (the tower, the earthquake simulator, and the starship theatre, which is the only attraction of its kind in the country).

Needless to say, I did not hear a peep out of them the whole way home because they climbed into their car seats and promptly fell asleep.

• Minion

I always love seeing all the fun and educational places you travel to with Duffy and Shellie, Jill. Your stories have a great narrative and I must say you have some of the most well dressed bears I've ever seen! Where did you get Duffy's cute train hat?

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    I always love seeing all the fun and educational places you travel to with Duffy and Shellie, Jill. Your stories have a great narrative and I must say you have some of the most well dressed bears I've ever seen! Where did you get Duffy's cute train hat?
    Thank you for the compliment Diznygirl. I love being creative with da bears. Duffy's train hat was from Meijer, a grocery and general store (sort of like a super Walmart), and was in the baby section. I got it in Illinois last year.

• Call me Dr. Ninja Ghost

My Gelatoni Surprise!

Imagine my shock when I arrived home and discovered a Tokyo DisneySea bag on the couch. My friends surprised me by buying me a Gelatoni!I've been on cloud nine since the unveiling/discovery.

Here is how the surprise unfolded for May May, Shellie, Duffy, Snowflake, Toothless, Tigger, D.B., and Mai Ling:
    "What's this?" I asked.

"We don't know," replied Shellie.

"But let's find out," May May suggested with a twinkle in her eye.

Mai Ling, D.B., and Tigger were so excited that Toothless, Snowflake, Duffy, Shellie, and May May had to step back, as three little ones feverishly pounced on the bag to get a peak inside. Little Mai Ling was so anxious that she got her bow stuck in the bag's handle.

"Whoa!" Duffy said as he backed up against the pillow. "Be careful, you three. You don't want to break whatever's inside."

"We just want to get a peak at what's inside," explained Mai Ling.

"And don't worry," said Tigger.

"We're not going to break anything," finished D.B.

"Ooo, what--or should I say, 'who'--do we have here?" Mai Ling happily inquired.

The three amigos grabbed ahold of each other and began to pull...

As the little ones continued to pull, the surprise began to peak further and further outside the bag. The others grew a bit concerned though as it became evident that the little ones were pulling the surprise by the tail.

"Be careful," Snowflake advised.

"And mind the tail," purred Toothless.

"Here, let me help," May May said as she pulled the bag off the surprise, so that Mai Ling, D.B., and Tigger would no longer have to pull on the tail.

"Ciao, mi chiamo Gelatoni!"

"Hello, Gelatoni!" squealed Mai Ling. "My name is Mai Ling. And these are my brothers D.B., Tigger, Toothless, Snowflake, and Duffy and my sisters Shellie and May May...and now, they're yours."

"Yes," explained May May, "welcome to the family, Gelatoni."

• I love that tiny bear!

Jill, those adventures were delightful! I love trains and Discovery Park of America looks like so much fun. Your Shellie May has a lot of spunk, doesn't she?

What sweet friends you have, ZTRinZler! Gelatoni looks so cuddly!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by JillT View Post
    Duffy's train hat was from Meijer, a grocery and general store (sort of like a super Walmart), and was in the baby section. I got it in Illinois last year.
    Meijer! I miss that store. I worked at one when I was in college & my dad worked at another store for over 30 years (he was the pharmacy manager). Walmart actually came about when the guy who started Walmart visited a Meijer in the early 60s, then went back to his team and said "I want you to build me stores like this!" Meijer was founded in Greenville, MI back in 1934 by Hendrick Meijer. They're a regional chain. Most of their store are in Michigan, but they have stores in Indiana, Illinois, Ohio & Kentucky as well.

Name:  photo5.JPG
Views: 106
Size:  47.1 KBName:  photo4.JPG
Views: 108
Size:  49.6 KB

I'm not sure why they came out sideways here. But you can see them anyway. I forgot to post these. I wanted to posts something cute on fB this past Christmas eve. I think their pretty cute .
    Attached Images Attached Images