Page 263 of 266 FirstFirst ... 163213238253260261262263264265266 LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,945 of 3977

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Amazing pictures as always JillT!

Hailsnail ; Awww. I am so sorry that happened to you. I hope you are feeling better and you go back to Disney soon.

Thanks Duffy Daisuki and DuffylovrDisney. Shellie May informed me when she came out of her food coma that she was still "pleasantly puffed" and wants to try a "spiked" shake next time...

Oh goodness. XD

• Pals: Bart and Duffy

We went for a long weekend in Cooperstown, NY. We went to 3 breweries, 1 distillery, 3 museums, and Howe Caverns. The bears went with us to The Farmer's Museum and The National Baseball Hall of Fame Museum.

Welcome to the Farmer's Museum.

Duffy and ShellieMay were very excited to pose with this old stagecoach.

Duffy was extra excited to find out that it was Duffy's Tally Ho.

The stagecoach was built ~1870. The Duffy family purchased the stagecoach in 1908. The last time the stagecoach was used was in 1953. Mr. Duffy invited people to take part in the final ride events. Because he believed it to be built in the 1820s, they all had to dress in "Civil War Era" attire. Fourteen to sixteen people piled atop it for the final ride.

Next up was the Cardiff Giant.

It was carved out of gypsum and can be attributed to George Hull. It was quite the elaborate hoax.

There was a special exhibit about pick-up trucks and how they've impacted the history of our country. Duffy and ShellieMay enjoyed having their pictures taken in tires.

My husband enjoyed taking a photo of me taking a photo of the bears, saying something about "evidence" of my "insanity".

We went on to the print shop. The bears are posing next to a template for a child's book.

A single sheet of paper is printed, folded in a specific way, sewn, then trimmed. The result is a book with all the printing in the proper positioning. If you look carefully at the picture, some of the pages are type set upside-down so that after folding, it will be right-side up.

We met with a man who was fixing a loom. It was all very complicated yet simple.

We later met with a woman who was making a blanket on another loom. She showed us how it worked and how she was making a cool diamond pattern. It was fascinating. I took no photo though.

We visited with the Blacksmith. Duffy was very interested in this and we spent time discussing pig iron. It was very heavy.

We met with some ladies who were harvesting hops. They told us that the yellow powdery like substance in the flower is lupulin, which is what is used in making beer.

Here, Duffy and ShellieMay are harvesting the hops.

They use the hops grown on-site to make the beer that is served in Bump Tavern. So, we stopped into the tavern and Duffy enjoyed the fruits of his labor.

Lastly, before we left for the day, we stopped at the carousel.

All the pieces are carved from wood. There are 23 animals, all of which are native to New York.

The National Baseball Hall of Fame Museum and Howe Caverns to follow tomorrow...
    Last edited by Ilovegreataur; 08-13-2014 at 08:28 PM. Reason: better story

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

That was great! It felt like an episode of Reading Rainbow!

And "evidence…insanity…" It's funny because we can all relate!

Cant wait for more!!

That was a very unique farmer's museum, Ilovegreataur. I also have a high embarrassment factor and don't care if people look at me when taking pictures of da bears, and I don't have any children! LOL!

You may have noticed that Duffy wore his baseball jersey and hat for the trip. He was very excited to go to the Hall of Fame. I wasn't all that excited (been there, done that, bored the first time), but my husband loves baseball and wanted to show things to our daughter.

I am from Pittsburgh, so I am interested in the Pirates. My husband is from NYC, so we route for the NY Mets in our house.

Forbes Field was THE baseball stadium in Pittsburgh. Here, Duffy is sitting atop an original ticket box.

The stadium stood in Oakland, which is where the University of Pittsburgh is located. A building, my school building, is located at the site. It is called the Forbes Quadrangle. On the first floor of the building is home plate. It is under plexiglass, so one can see it.

Duffy posed in front of the display for Willie Stargell.

My dad was a florist and did some business with him. I grew up hearing that Willie Stargell was a crook because he cheated my dad out of some money. So, in my mind, Hall of Famer or not, he's a crook.

Although Duffy didn't pose in front of the display for Roberto Clemente, the plaque is shown for the remembrance of the good man.

A bronze statue of him stands outside of PNC Field.

Let's Go Mets!

All that walking deserves a short break in these seats. They are from Connie Mack stadium in Philadelphia. It was the first stadium to be made of concrete and steel.

We went in to see a movie of sorts and Duffy wanted to play catch on the field. There was a sign saying that we weren't allowed on the field, so Duffy just posed.

Outside the room with the movie was this cow. Both Duffy and ShellieMay wanted to sit on the cow, one on each horn. My daughter wouldn't allow me to sneak under the ropes to pose the bears. So, we did what we could.

Duffy had a little excitement upon finding the batting average for Hugh Duffy. He thought that since they share a name, he could do just as well.

Of course, we should all remember that women played a big role in baseball during World War II.

In hind sight, it should have been ShellieMay posing in front of this poster.

At the end of what seemed like an endless visit, the bears got comfy in these seats.

Howe Caverns:
    The bears wanted to come along, but we didn't bring them into the cavern. It is such an awesome creation that I wanted to share a few choice pictures.

These formations are from water leeching through the limestone and calcite forming on the surface...or something like that.

There is an underground stream (lit by blue lights). After it levels out and with the help of an underground dam, we took a boat ride on the stream.

This is in the Winding Way. It is looking up, not down. The top of the crevice was so far up that it couldn't really be seen.

It is neat to see how the water carved the stone over 6 million years.

It was a great trip!
    Last edited by Ilovegreataur; 08-14-2014 at 06:16 AM.

Loving my new shirt, Looking Gooood!Name:  10614288_10203510208188163_4160796435553233295_n.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  123.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovegreataur View Post
    Hailsnail, welcome.
    Sorry your trip had downfalls. I think it is funny that Duffy (or is that Stitch? ) was in the wheelchair.
    A few years back, I was in a wheelchair for the trip. My then 3.5 year old daughter was so lazy and only sat on my lap. A bear would be much lighter!

On the bright side, we skipped lines and my husband could move us through the park at a fast pace. People don't want to be run over by wheelchairs!

ILG
    Thank you Ilovegreataur. I powered through the trip, with my sister zipping me around in the wheelchair for some of it, which did get us through some lines quickly. But I tired out easily and we weren't able to stay as long or do as much as we had originally planned.

Quote Originally Posted by DuffylovrDisney View Post
    Amazing pictures as always JillT!

Hailsnail ; Awww. I am so sorry that happened to you. I hope you are feeling better and you go back to Disney soon.
    Thanks! I am feeling better and am hoping to plan another Disney trip as soon as possible. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JillT View Post
    OMG, that is absolutely horrible HailSnail! I hope you are fully recovered! I hope you can go back to Disney soon and that it didn't ruin the idea for you! That's horrible!
    Thank you, I am a lot better now. I've been floating the idea of a Disney trip to everyone I know, trying to find someone to go with me. lol. It definitely did not put me off of Disney, I don't think anything every could. I still had a great time, because I don't think it's possible to not smile when you're in Disney. It's funny though because my friends and I have a joke that all our Disney trips are cursed, something always happens to derail our plans.

My little family Name:  image.jpeg
Views: 101
Size:  172.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Hailsnail View Post
    I've been floating the idea of a Disney trip to everyone I know, trying to find someone to go with me. lol.

I still had a great time, because I don't think it's possible to not smile when you're in Disney.
    Hailsnail,
    both JayCee and I will be down there in the beginning of December (overlap Dec 5-10). If you do happen to make a trip and it is then, we can meet. A few are local and we hope to meet with them (yes, you mmommie!).

I agree with your feeling about how can one not be happy at WDW. Anytime I see a child cry, I say, "They are at Walt Disney World. Why would they be crying?"

ILG

I took my Duffy on a trip to Atlanta Georgia where they film The Vampire Diaries and The Originals tv shows. Duffy was one lucky bear to have been able to go many places. They film The Vampire Diaries in Covington GA and The Originals in Conyers GA. I didn't take him on the tours because it involved a lot of walking and it was very hot.

Name:  duffyatmysticgrill2.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  85.2 KBDuffy sitting at a table inside The Mystic Grill reading the menu. He decided on the Fried Chicken for dinner.

Name:  duffyatmysticgrill4 (480x640).jpg
Views: 80
Size:  131.9 KBDuffy sitting in Alaric's chair at the bar of The Mystic Grill. He didn't want to go back to the booth to eat his dinner. He said he wanted to stay at the bar.

Name:  duffyatmysticgrill5 (480x640).jpg
Views: 79
Size:  193.0 KBDuffy sitting on top of The Mystic Grill restaurant by the logo.

Name:  duffyatmysticgrill6 (480x640).jpg
Size:  145.3 KBDuffy posing in front of the famous clock tower used in filming The Vampire Diaries where Katherine jumps off the tower.

Name:  duffyatmysticgrill7 (480x640).jpg
Views: 78
Size:  146.0 KBDuffy posing with The Mystic Falls town square in the background. He knows there's a Vampire store down there but unfortunately he never got the chance to go inside. However he did get some neat vampire things that I ended up buying for him.

Name:  duffyatmysticgrill8 (480x640).jpg
Size:  96.7 KBI think Duffy enjoyed hanging out on the rooftop of The Mystic Grill. I don't think he wanted to come down but with a storm quickly approaching he decided that was best.

Name:  duffyatmysticgrill9 (640x480).jpg
Size:  141.0 KBHere he is hanging in the window. I just could not get Duffy to leave.

Name:  duffyinmysticfalls12 (480x640).jpg
Size:  155.3 KBWe quickly ran over so he could get his picture with Ian's star before the downpour and running to the car which was parked right across the way.

Name:  duffyinmysticfalls11 (640x480).jpg
Size:  205.4 KBThe next day I took Duffy and his pal Klaus monkey to the famous "Welcome to Mystic Falls Virgina" sign so they could pose and say they have been to Mystic Falls. I could not get Duffy to leave but promised him that if he did we would head to New Orleans to take his picture where they film The Originals which is really in Conyers GA.

Name:  duffyinneworleans2 (480x640).jpg
Size:  194.9 KBDuffy looking at the famous bite marks left behind after Niklaus Mikaelson bit Josh on the tv show The Originals. They put the imprint on this bench. Duffy now got to see what an actual hybrid (vampire, and werewolf) bite looked like.

Name:  duffyinneworleans3 (480x640).jpg
Views: 77
Size:  143.2 KBDuffy is hanging out at the famous lamp post that Niklaus Mikaelson and Elijah Mikaelson from The Originals hang out at outside The Black Cat.

Name:  duffyinneworleans5 (480x640).jpg
Size:  221.9 KBDuffy hanging outside the Voodoo shop. He wanted to go inside but unfortunately they don't use the inside anymore for filming. So he sat in the window.

Name:  duffyinneworleans6 (480x640).jpg
Size:  204.5 KBDuffy peeking in the window of the Voodoo Shop. Luckily I was able to go into The Black Cat and buy him some vampire tarot cards. I would have loved to have looked at the books they had for sale as well as some potions but hopefully next time.

Duffy didn't want to go back to the hotel room. Neither did I. It seemed that I kept going back and forth from Mystic Falls to New Orleans since they were about 10 miles apart. I told Duffy he could come into the vampire store next time to pick out his own things and hopefully will have a better shirt than the one I made him.

Da bears discovered Harry Potter.

“Wow, some of these books are really thick!!! They’re labeled juvenile? I would think they’d be labeled young adult,” said Duffy.

“This first one is pretty short,” said Shellie May as she started reading it.

“Let me see,” said Zhu Xiong, my newest bookworm, pulling out one of the books. “Oh, wait, this one looks bigger,” she said, choosing the bottom book.

“This one is the thickest, at 870 pages!” said Duffy.

“I’m not afraid of big books. I have all day,” said Zhu Xiong.

“I have all day, too, but I’m not into SERIES of books. Just get to the point, tell the story, and I’ll move on….to the NEXT author!” said Duffy, feeling WAY overwhelmed.

“Here, bears. They made movies out of them, too,” I offered. I tried reading and watching the Harry Potter series when they first came out and while I usually like fantasy themes, and I could appreciate that they were well written, I just couldn’t get into them, but now I’m giving it another try.

“Meh, I think the movies will be good enough. That worked for Lord of the Rings,” said Duffy. “Bearami, wanna watch these?” he asked.

Bearami showed up 20 seconds later, happy to be included.

“Here, Shellie May, we will put the Harry Potter books in YOUR pile,” said Duffy. “Wow, that’s impressive.”

“Too bad they don’t have a contest at the library for who can read the MOST books!” said Shellie May. “I would win for sure!”

“Well, don’t forget; they’re due in 3 weeks,” said Duffy.

“Don’t forget, I can RENEW them!” said Shellie May.

“Don’t forget, you can only renew them if nobody else has a hold on them. You’re not the only patron in the whole city of Nashville!” said Duffy.

“Yeah, Shellie May, don’t get ahead of yourself there,” I told her.

“Well, I DO have to account for the fact that I might not like some of these and return them unread.”

“That’s true for me, too,” agreed Duffy. "Still, you might want to turn down the TYPE A attitude a little bit."

Um, yeah, luckily that one went right over Shellie May's head.

“Okay, have fun with the movies but don’t give us spoilers,” said Shellie May.

She and Zhu Xiong went to another room and shut the door. They want to try the books first but they don’t want to be distracted and find out what happens by hearing the movies.

Bearami, meanwhile, was putting the first DVD in the player.

“Oh, wait, snacks first!” said Duffy, as he took the party size bag of M&Ms. Da bears love M&Ms because they melt in their mouth, not in their paws. It is supposed to be 99F today so it is a perfect day to stay in as a couch potato and not even get out of pajamas!

“I like dark chocolate,” said Shellie May as she and Zhu Xiong went off with that bag. “We can switch later if you like,” she offered.

“Mmm, mmmm, sounds good to me,” said Duffy.