Page 36 of 288 FirstFirst ... 112633343536373839466186136 ... LastLast

• Minion

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

LOL! That's cute, aimster. Now all the Duffys who see this thread will be begging their owners for candy!

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Lil'D is lucky, he already gets to go trick-or-treating, and it's not even Halloween yet! I hope he gets a huge load of candy on the actual day too! He totally deserves it. I would give him candy just because he's so cute.
    Li'l D was so excited about his new shirt and treat bucket that he couldn't wait for Halloween to get here. He wanted to do a trick or treat practice run so he can perfect his method before October 31st.

• I also like Stitch!

Duffy's Candy crazy now. Time to get the photos.

• Munchings & Crunchings

I went to Build-a-Bear in NYC this weekend to exchange some clothes, and also to see if they could fix my Duffy's paw. The stitching popped out of his left foot, and it looked...weird.

The people at the NYC store were really nice to me. I brought Duffy in wearing his Cape Cod overalls outfit. I asked a nice guy about fixing him and he first asked about Duffy, and where he came from. Also, he asked if his outfit came from BAB, so I told him where that came from too. He asked around about Duffy's foot, and several other employees thought it might be possible, but they weren't sure if they had the right equipment. Then, the called over a very nice older woman who seemed to be the sewing expert, and she took a look at Duffy and said she would do her best. She mentioned something about using her "grandma skills", which was cute. She said to leave Duffy with her and to browse the store while I waited. After a while, she found me wandering around, and said "I believe I have someone who belongs to you.", and she had managed to fix Duffy's paw perfectly. It's just like new! I thanked her profusely, especially because she did it for free. I'm really happy, because I couldn't have done it myself.

So, here are a few pictures of him with his fixed foot, and also in his cute new clothes. I have a Shellie May outfit with a vest & tie, so I thought a matching Duffy version would look adorable, and I was right. I like this look for them! Oh, and then there's my "rebel Duffy" who didn't want to wear a tie...

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

See, his feet look normal now! The one on the right in the photo is the one that got fixed at BAB. You can't tell the difference!
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Shellie May in her "matching" outfit. She's a little bit more casual about it though...
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    And...then there's the troublemaker
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]

• I also like Stitch!

CUTE! I'm planning on bringing Duffy to Six Flags Over Texas for Christmas and Halloween so I'll defiantly be taking pics then, but just like me, Duffers is a scardy... bear (I guess) so no houses at Halloween and were probably going to go to my church's Fall Fest so that will be fun.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Why do you have to take photos defiantly? Who's saying you can't take photos?

Oh you mean definitely.

(I'm the grammar/spelling police... sue me.)

---------- Post added 10-03-2011 at 06:33 PM ----------

Oh Gurgi that's awesome they fixed your Duffy's foot for you at BAB! I took my Duffy to the BAB here and they said they couldn't do it. WTH? They weren't comfortable doing it and said they didn't want to "ruin" him. What? It's just a stitch in his FOOT. Anything would look better than it does now. They instead actually offered to pop the stitch in his other foot so his feet would match. Ummmm... NO. I don't want a Duffy with 2 fat feet. I'll see if maybe an alterations place can fix him for me or see if the BAB in Tampa can do anything (I can stop there on Thursday on my way Orlando).

• I also like Stitch!

Wow aimster. Also watch for a Duffy Moving Report. I'm moving to Arizona sometime later this year. Watch for that

• Lemony Goodness

Duffy and Shellie May got new outfits but Duffy hasn't had a photo shoot yet, so I did a nice outdoor shoot. : )

We have a really nice barn in the back that provides for a great photo.

Duffy loved the leaves! Crisp orange, rustic red.. Crinkle crackle!
    More of these to come later in the season.

Dont get stuck up there!

This tree was struck by lightning and had to be cut down.. then the tree right next to it was struck!

• I also like Stitch!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cutttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!

• Minion

Wow, I'm actually impressed that you were able to find someone knowledgable at BaB willing to fix your Duffy, gurgi! I pretty much figured the workers there aren't exactly seamstresses/tailors...they're taught how to use the machines to stuff the bears, then stitch up the hole, but that's it. Now if all the BaB shops had someone with "grandma skills" working there, that would be nifty. His foot looks great. Did you have to sign any sort of liability waiver before she took him away to be operated on?

awww! where did you get the duffy with his mouth open? it looks precious <3

• Munchings & Crunchings

Yeah, I think I just got lucky. The rest of the employees were very unsure about fixing his foot. Their extent included the sewing machine. I guess my Duffy surgeon is a rare find! She didn't even ask me to sign any waivers either...I guess it's good Duffy made it out ok, LOL.

Try asking at Tampa, Aimster, maybe you'll be lucky too. If not, try going to a dry cleaner or some place that offers tailoring. That was going to be my next try if BAB wasn't able to do it.

I love those pictures, Lilteacup! The lighting is great. I almost bought that flannel shirt for my Duffys this weekend too. It's very nice and soft, and I like the "wooden" look buttons. I still might buy it.

---------- Post added 10-03-2011 at 09:26 PM ----------

I got the "smiling" Duffy with his mouth open from Tokyo DisneySea during Christmas of 2009. They used to release a "smiling" version every Christmas, and it was special. They didn't do it last year, and so far, they have never released a "smiling" Shellie May. I sure hope they decide to do it again this year though!

My aunt might be able to fix my Duffy's foot. Only problem... she's 1200 miles away! I'd have to send him to her and then she'd send him back as soon as he's fixed. Would suck having him gone for a week or so, but I do have my "backup" Duffy. I sent her a photo of Duffy's feet so she can see how it's supposed to look and the "fat" foot and if she says she can do it, I'll send him out to her next week (I'm taking him and Shellie May to Mickey's Not-So-Scary and EPCOT later in the week).

I just got home from 2 days at WDW and Duffy & Shellie May had an EPIC adventure. I'll post my photos in a separate thread sometime this weekend as I need to go through them all and then get them uploaded.

• i heart plunging v-necks

Duffy and Duffite after few a rounds of celebrating Oktoberfest:

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

LOL! That looks like the end result of my St. Patty's Duffy after Half Way to St. Patty's Day last month.

BTW, that's the alpine outfit from BAB, right? Looks SO much nicer that Disney's version! I want to get that for mt Duffy.