Page 42 of 290 FirstFirst ... 173239404142434445526792142 ... LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Aimster, please take pictures of the peacoat and scarf your aunt sent Duffy home in! Did she make them? So curious!! If she made them, did she base them on the TDS versions from earlier this year?
    Yes she did make them, but I don't think it's based on the TDS version. She bought a teddy bear size pea coat and then copied the pattern to make them in different colors. She made one for my mom's Duffy as well but I forget what color. She did say the one she made my Duffy is black (one of my favorite colors). Duffy should be back home Thursday or Friday, so I'll take some pics once he's back.

• Become part of MY world!

I use white elastic, and it hides just as good, just fluff out the fur and it's virtually gone! I think it'd be really hard to find nude colored elastic! Or Shellie May Pink! But that would be so awesome if they sold it somewhere.

I love your outfits! Custom is something I'm still working on, but I'm so busy with work, and other projects! haha I promised myself as soon as I'm done with the one I'm working on, I'll start practicing sewing some more!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

I'll try to use white then, thanks! I wasn't sure how well I could hide it, but it's pretty thin so I guess I'll just fluff up his fur over it. I've only been able to find nude elastic online, but I don't want to order it since I like to make his bows attach with ribbon and I'd only use elastic for the random hat or something else hat-like for his head.

Thanks! I'm actually pretty swamped with coursework, but I find time on the weekend to work on custom things. It's a good way for me to keep my sewing ability, since I haven't had the time to make a dress for myself in a while. Duffy outfits take a couple hours to make as opposed to the day or so it takes to make myself something, so it's a good activity for the little time I have! Especially simple things like bows / bowties. They're fun to make and only take about fifteen minutes, so I can make a lot of different ones in a short amount of time.

• I love that tiny bear!

Beautiful work, Cheshiremomo! Love the tails of the vest and the buttons are great! When I get a vest I'm satisfied with, I might try making an undershirt for my Tiny Duffy. For some reason I'm imagining puffy sleeves with that vest, though that's probably too girly, LOL.

I am not sure how regular Duffy's waist is, but you might be able to adjust a pattern for 18" dolls at Doll Dress Patterns for the pants/shorts. If elastic-waist pants will work, then you may be able to widen a pattern piece there (if I recall correctly, the pants may just be 1 pattern piece, and you cut two) to get something that will fit Duffy.

Thanks! Well I don't think Duffy would protest to puffy sleeves, as he already wears a bow on his head most of the time - puffy sleeves would actually make us match even more! I would really love a top hat for him instead of the bow, but I have no idea where to get a tiny top hat.

His waist is more like a baby waist, so I'm searching for baby patterns. I don't want to attempt fitted pants for a teddy bear, especially since I would need to leave a space for his tail. Even though I love Duffy, it's far too complicated to fit him for that and make such small pants! I'll definitely be using elastic.

• Munchings & Crunchings

I wanna see what Lil'D is up to! What's he doing lately?

• I love that tiny bear!

Cheshiremomo, I'd try Free Simple Baby Pants Pattern to Sew then --it came up right away on Google and the piece looks just like the pants patterns I've used for dolls. Frankly, you could probably eyeball the pattern if you didn't feel like printing it.

I actually modified a pattern for some poofy shorts. I'll make them this weekend with some scrap houndstooth and I'll post them!

And for those of you looking for simple patterns, try using 無料型紙 in the search bar. These free Japanese patterns are usually printable at just the right size for Duffy! I've used a few from this site as bases for outfits, such as the eared sweater for my recent button sweater.

http://handmadenokokoro.web.fc2.com/katagami_index.html

Cheshiremomo, I actually have a couple top hats, A friend of mine is CM and they have them laying around when they mess-up the embroidery on the groom ear hats, they fit Duffy nicely! So if you wanna buy the groom ear hat, it'd be worth it just for the tiny top hat and you could probably even use the tuxedo part for Duffy too!

Personalized Tuxedo Groom Mickey Mouse Ear Hat | Ear Hats | Disney Store
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

Those ears are super cute! Is the hat made of felt?

• North American Duffeteer

Just a Duffy photo to share:

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Yea, it's felt, but the top hat is pretty sturdy. All you gotta do is snip off the hat, attach some elastic and your all set!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Cheshiremomo, I love your simple designs. The buttons are great. Houndstooth pants sound really cute, and I'll bet they would compliment that vest.

Ursulalvr, I'll actually be at Disneyland on Friday, so I'll check out those ears. I'd like to get an idea of how sturdy they are first-hand, you know? They are super cute though, and I'd like to get the top hat eventually.

Thanks, gurgi! I wear many intricate things myself, so it's quite relaxing to make simple things for Duffy to wear. And I have bins of buttons, so I'd like to put buttons on everything I make for him!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    I wanna see what Lil'D is up to! What's he doing lately?
    Li'l D actually just got back from his first trip to Disneyland a few hours ago. He was scared and shy at first, but eventually relaxed and ended up having a blast. As for me, well I found out how challenging/annoying it can be to set up teddy bear pictures in the chaotic Land of Disney. I did get a few though. I'll post some tomorrow.