Page 49 of 261 FirstFirst ... 243946474849505152597499149 ... LastLast

• I also like Stitch!

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    What is so awkward about it, really? I thought it was hilarious. Then again, guys dressing in drag don't bother me. I've even hung out with drag queens on occasion. I see nothing wrong. I see guys dressing as girls and vice versa for Halloween all the time. When I was in 6th grade, 3 of 4 of the guys in my glass dressed like girls for Halloween and for the rest of the year we called them by the female versions of their names (i.e., Mike was "Michelle", Frankie was "Francis"... and so on). It was all a big joke and everyone thought it was a riot.
    Well, Little D had such street cred, but I don't really appreciate crossdressing (except in anime, then it's funny aka: Hetalia and every other MA rated anime) I'm gonna go watch some Hetalia now. Marukaite Chikyuu

• Minion

Alright, then. How's this?

Last edited by Diznygrl; 10-19-2012 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    This photo is super cute, but then so was the Minnie costume photo. Honestly, all this talk about being uncomfortable and being on the look out for more dangerous effeminite signs makes me a bit uneasy. I'll just say this, if it weren't for boys/men who like cutesy/frilly/well-designed things, a lot of folks here would be paying considerably more for their Tokyo Duffy desires, or doing without. Let's not keep creating this tone where guys who like flowers, lace and honeyed tea are "not normal." I just feel like there's an undercurrent in here. I've felt it for a while, but I do get tired of beating drums. This one's fairly personal, though, so I'll say it plain. Lay off the wisecracks about us "limp-wristed sissy boys." I can take a joke, but it's approaching the really "not funny."^^

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    This photo is super cute, but then so was the Minnie costume photo. Honestly, all this talk about being uncomfortable and being on the look out for more dangerous effeminite signs makes me a bit uneasy. I'll just say this, if it weren't for boys/men who like cutesy/frilly/well-designed things, a lot of folks here would be paying considerably more for their Tokyo Duffy desires, or doing without. Let's not keep creating this tone where guys who like flowers, lace and honeyed tea are "not normal." I just feel like there's an undercurrent in here. I've felt it for a while, but I do get tired of beating drums. This one's fairly personal, though, so I'll say it plain. Lay off the wisecracks about us "limp-wristed sissy boys." I can take a joke, but it's approaching the really "not funny."^^
    Yes, I agree, and it's especially ironic since this is a forum dedicated to a cute & fluffy teddy bear...

Aimster, those BAB outfits are great, aren't they? I have both as well, and the same as you, I looked at that blue sweater set for ages before caving and buying. I regret waiting so long though, because there was a hat & scarf that went with it that are long gone. So, I got the sweater and boots at least. I was going to get the entire pink set they just released, but figured it's just too much pink for my Shellie May. She loves the color, but since her fur is pinkish, and there are a lot of things she has that are already pink, she's getting kind of "over" it. So, purple and blue are her favorite colors at the moment.

I went and looked at all the new stuff at BAB, and they really have TONS of new cute designs. I put so many things in my wishlist that I can't possibly afford them all. Still, lots of great stuff, and it just shows that Duffy in the US has a very long way to go to even compete with Build-a-Bear's quality, let alone Japan's Duffy quality...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Yeah I'm not too crazy about pink myself. The BAB pink sweater dress does look cute on Shellie though, but I do like the blue one a little better (blue is one of my favorite colors). The blue bow in the photo is one my aunt made. Just happens to go with the sweater, which is nice. I need ask if she can make me some more bows in more solid colors. They're just the right size for Shellie (the ones that have come with the recent Japanese releases look way too big and out of proportion for her head to me).

• Become part of MY world!

Haha, this cross dress discussion is funny cause about a week ago, I make Duffy and Shellie switch their Halloween garb and they looked cute! Duffy with the witch hat and Shellie with the warlock top hat! Haha it was all in fun.
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

^ That sounds cute!

I personally think its dumb to get worked up over a stuffed bear cross dressing who cares what it wears. My Duffy wears both girl and boy outfits I put whatever I feel like in it on that particular day. I would love to have a Shellie May to dress up but seeing as I'm disabled and unable to work with 2 kids my budget is limited so I have to work with what I have to work with. I have been reading this forum for a while but this is the first time I have posted. I was just surprised to see something like this come up on a forum for a stuffed bear, he isn't a person he's a stuffed animal.

To some of us, he's just as real as we are.

• Munchings & Crunchings

With Duffy, he's also genderless if you wish him to be. I mean, all Duffy's are not the same. Once you take one home, he (or she) can become whatever you want. I remember before Shellie May came out, so many Japanese fans were creating cute girl's outfits for their Duffys. Even now, you see some dress Duffy up in dresses, even with Shellie May around. So, it doesn't really matter.

Maybe my Duffy and Shellie May will exchange outfits to see what it's like, they've never done that before.

I'm taking Duffy to the air show at MacDill AFB tomorrow. Going to put him in his BAB aviator outfit. Should be a hoot!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I'm taking Duffy to the air show at MacDill AFB tomorrow. Going to put him in his BAB aviator outfit. Should be a hoot!
    That sounds like a great idea!

• Lemony Goodness

I can't wait to take some pictures of my bears in the midst of sparkling, twinkling Christmas lights! How cute! : )

Aimster, I saw that sweater, too! It's been around for a while.

I took a lot of photos at the air show this morning. Will post them in a separate thread as there's so many to share!

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post

Awwww, thats much better. I'm good now.