Page 61 of 259 FirstFirst ... 11515859606162636471111161 ... LastLast

• I love that tiny bear!

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Thanks so much, Ride Warrior! Oh dear; I hope my Tiny Duffy doesn't get into the eggnog…he's enough trouble sober!

I'd better get to work on that cape, then. It's meant to be a copy of Shellie May's cape from Tokyo DisneySea…I started work on it but never finished it before I took the tiny bears on vacation.

Oh no, Aimster! I hope someone can help you! If not, there are some very interesting guides on how to remove those tags. Looking forward to seeing pictures of Big Duffy!

• Munchings & Crunchings

That's a great deal for giant Duffy! I would be tempted too, but I don't have the space for such a big bear. It might not stop me if one happened to be in front of me though, the cuteness might just be too irresistible. I hope some nice person takes that ink tag off for you, that's very annoying. I'm sure Duffy's not happy about it either...

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I went to the mall and Forever 21 uses the same kind of ink tags and they took it off for me, no problem. Yay!

Going to upload my photos from yesterday while I eat my late lunch & will post them later.

Ok here we go!

We started our day at Downtown Disney. Duffy & Shellie May decided to hang around one of the Christmas trees outside of the greeting place set up for Santa... literally.

EEK! A crocodile! Don't worry, bears... he only eats loose change.

BIG presents!

♪♫ FA LA LA LA LA... ♪♫

After a quick lunch at Earl of Sandwich, we took the bus over to the Polynesian Resort.

Pretty waterfall in the lobby!

They have fake leis over by Bell Services for guests (or whoever wants one), so I grabbed a couple for the bears to wear while we explored more of the resort.

Festive Tiki!

Aloha!

The Christmas tree in the lobby.

From there, we went outside to look around. It was a gorgeous day!

Oh boy... a BEACH!

Lounging on the beach

Enjoying the nice weather (it was sunny and 81 in Orlando yesterday)

Duffy spies Space Mountain in the distance.

I've heard of beach worshiping, but this is taking it a little too far...

After we finished exploring the Polynesian, I changed outfits on the bears and we took the Resort Monorail over to the Grand Floridian Resort.

We found a bear, but he wouldn't share his candy with Duffy & Shellie May.

Sitting pretty in front of the the HUMUNGOID Christmas tree in the lobby.

A GIANT gingerbread house made with REAL gingerbread! OM NOM NOM! (we got a gingerbread man cookie... haven't eaten it yet)

After the Grand Floridian, we got back on the Resort Monorail and rode over to the Magic Kingdom. Sadly, I didn't have a ticket, so we couldn't go in, which made the bears quite sad as they wanted to ride Space Mountain.

From there, we took the boat over to the Wilderness Lodge.

Duffy wanted to try the handrail car in the lobby.

How exhausting!

The Wilderness Lodge has a HUMUNGOID tree in their lobby too!

Next, we took the boat over to the Contemporary Resort.

Hanging out in the Grand Canyon Concourse (keep an eye out for the 5 legged-goat!)

And we ended our hotel tour by taking the Resort Monorail back to the Polynesian Resort and then took the bus back to Downtown Disney so I could get a Duffy for my cousin for Christmas and my mom a Duffy keychain to add to her Duffy collection.

On the Monorail

• I love that tiny bear!

WONDERFUL photos, Aimster! The first one is SO darling, and there's just something about the monorail one I really love. I knew WDW was a "resort" but I had no idea there was SO much to do without even entering the parks.

And I'm glad Giant Duffy no longer has his tag. Was it in his ear? If so, is it ironic that Forever 21 was taking ear piercings OUT?

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    WONDERFUL photos, Aimster! The first one is SO darling, and there's just something about the monorail one I really love. I knew WDW was a "resort" but I had no idea there was SO much to do without even entering the parks.

And I'm glad Giant Duffy no longer has his tag. Was it in his ear? If so, is it ironic that Forever 21 was taking ear piercings OUT?
    Yeah WDW is HUGE! Even without entering any of the parks there's lots of stuff to do. I visited 4 hotels, Downtown Disney & one of the outlet malls (mainly for dinner) and I was POOPED by the end of the day (left home around 9am, arrived in Orlando around 10:30am and left Orlando around 7:45pm). There's so many hotels you can visit (at least 13 as of right now, plus a camp ground), Downtown Disney, 2 water parks, regular golf courses, miniature golf courses... it's insane.

And... meet Big Duffy! Yeah the ink tag was in his right ear. I was just happy they were able to help. A friend who's a CM suggested going to Hot Topic, but they use a different type of ink tag, so they suggested to check other stores in the mall and ask at one that uses the same kind of tag. Luckily Forever 21 was just 3 shops down as I didn't really want to go through the whole mall carrying a huge WDW/Disneyland bag with me.

• I also like Stitch!

happy to see Duffy and Shellie May has a "big" brother

Thumbs up Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    …Also, I stopped at the Premium Outlets on Vineland after WDW tonight for dinner and popped in the Disney Character Warehouse outlet and... they had the 28" Duffy! They've been discontinued in the US, so they were all sent to the outlets. They originally retailed for $75 and they're now marked down to $34.99! Yeah... I got one. They also had a bunch of naked 12" Duffys for $9.99. I looked at the tags and they were actually 2011 Graduation Duffys. They took off the graduation outfit and are selling them naked. Weird.
    Jealous of big Duffy; he's the same proportions to an adult as regular Duffy is to a child! SO JEALOUS! It would cost more than twice as much to ship as I'd save or believe me, I'd pay your gas back to Orlando!

Disappointed about the graduation bears. All this stuff on heavy clearance suggests a reboot or a retirement to me. Guess we'll see what happens in the next year. If they don't retire him, it just makes me wonder if the mark-up is so high in the US that they can slash prices and still turn a profit? I'm suspecting a little more genuine effort in 2012 before they call it quits, though. I imagine they'd have just thrown all available stock to the Disney Stores, using the "new launch" as one last chance to sell everything at full price if they were really getting out of the Duffy business. Besides, we still haven't seen that Vinylmation… Here's hoping 2012 is the year American Duffy brings it!

Bookobsessor, it's really sad that so many people working at Disney can't feel the Dufflove. Maybe it's because deep down, they know he's "Duffy, the OLC Bear!"^^

• I love that tiny bear!

Big Duffy is adorable! He needs a Santa outfit. Think of the photos!

Monty Maldovan has mentioned they have a bunch of new costume releases planned for 2012, starting with the 50's Mouseketeer costume and I know a Star Wars one (probably will be released in April or May for Star Wars Weekends). So here's hoping things will turn around.

Oh and DuffyD, for several years, Disney Store wasn't even owned by Disney. They sold the brand to The Children's Place, then eventually bought it back from them.
    Last edited by aimster; 12-07-2011 at 07:48 PM.

• Become part of MY world!

Glad to hear you got the tag off! Now as to the size of clothes. Haha, I remember one of my CM friends telling me about when Duffy was first released, and they dressed him(28") in the kids clothes (it looked like toddler size in some photos) but they had to stop cause Disney didn't like it.

Working in retail, I can kinda see that a size 4T would fit him. Will be hard to tell without lugging him around with you! haha! But I'd suggest just going to a store and picking up a few different sized shirts and just return the ones that don't fit!
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

• Wag More, Bark Less!

Also, the Duffy Vinylmation is set to come out early Spring.

On disneystore.com in the theme park section they have a "I'm going to Disney World!" package thing that includes adult & kids size shirts, Mickey ears, a pin trading lanyard, autograph book, starter luggage set and a 17" Duffy.

• MiceAge Columnist

One more photo of my Duffy at WWOHP last month. When the event was done, Duffy couldn't resist sneaking onto the red carpet!

• I love that tiny bear!

CUTE, Sue! I'm impressed you got him to stand!

OK, this is a bit of a spoiler for the Daily Duffy Blog, but I want to get my Christmas on over here.

What is Duffy holding?

(Tiny Duffy and Shellie May DID meet Ginormous Christmas Duffy in their Christmas finery, but it was not a very skilled Duffy…no good pictures, and he dropped them! Which taught them a lesson, granted, but still. This second time the character handler--who recognized Shellie May!--arranged them nicely.)