Page 62 of 269 FirstFirst ... 123752596061626364657287112162 ... LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

^ Cute overload!!!

• I love that tiny bear!

Thanks, Aimster!

By the way, I checked the Disney Store Outlet in Arizona (they have a selection of Disney Parks items as well as Disney Store and clearance items...in fact, I got a super-cute Disney Parks branded jacket there for cheap last year). Absolutely no sign of Duffy. Now granted, it would've been nice to pick up some inexpensive 12" Duffies to give to Toys for Tots (or to take home and cuddle). But my pocketbook is happy there was no Duffy, and I think it's also a good sign for Duffy in general.

As for the graduation bears, was there any year (or an easily-removable year) on the outfits? If so, I can definitely imagine Disney having someone take all the clothes off the bears, storing the clothes (which are small) until next May, and then redress new bears. Storing a bunch of bears would cost a lot, but storing the clothes would cost so little they might think it would be worth it.

Either that or the outfits tested positive for lead or something.

• Become part of MY world!

Love your photos Eeee-va! I can understand Duffy dropping them, his paws are too big and he's always been clumsy! Haha

About the grad bears, they're not really changeable, the sash is, but the actual gown has "Class of 2011" plastered all over it. It does seem odd to take off the clothes and just sell the bear.

Poor unfortunate Souls.

• I love that tiny bear!

Thanks, Ursulalvr!

Wow; interesting about the graduation bears. I guess it's so late in 2011 that they think the bears would sell better at $10 with no clothes than at $15 with outdated/unremoveable clothes? (I say $15 because they're selling the regular 2011 12" Duffy for $15. I should be opening him tomorrow!!!!)

People think "I didn't graduate in 2011; I don't need that bear" even if they lowered the price to $10. But with no clothes, they may think "That's a cute bear and I would like it"...even if the price was the same as it was with clothes. (Most people don't think like me, which is to take off clothes if I don't want them. )

Or they figure time is cyclical and are waiting for 2011 to roll around again. I guess they COULD save the hats but that's kind of getting to the point of being ridiculous. The labor to sew the hats on in the US would probably be too much.

By the way, the 28" Duffy is $45 at the Disney Store. I don't recall if that's a discount from the regular price or not; I'm sure some of you do... I know it's not as good as Aimster's find but it's not bad, considering 17" Duffy is $30.

• Become part of MY world!

Thats a good way of putting it! Haha

Yea, aimster mentioned they discontinued the 28" Duffys in the stores, so maybe they're only selling him online? When they first came out, they were around $60, then raised to I think $75(?). I don't think the big ones are really selling here, people are just too cynical! haha and where would you even put a huge bear like that? Haha, it's not like in japan, where I've seen pics of people carrying those giant Duffys on their backs like Backpacks(I have to say, that's just ridiculous! Haha!)
    Poor unfortunate Souls.

I looked at the tag on my 28" Duffy and he was actually originally $60, but I could have sworn they were $75. Well, whatever. Still a good deal $60 marked down to $34.99, which is only $4.99 more than a current 17" Duffy, so I'm still happy. But they're $45 online, which is odd. Oh well.

My Shellie arrived today so thought I would share a Christmas photo with you
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Cute! Looks like Shellie's white outfit is from Build A Bear, correct? I think I've seen that one at the mall.

• I love that tiny bear!

Welcome, Eulinne! Your Shellie May is very cute and that's a very nice outfit on her!

EDIT: Even filling up at a gas station is fun with Duffy and Shellie May. Agree or disagree?

(It was $3.99/gallon, if that affects your answer.)

Thank you! Yep it's from build a bear. I have some boots for it to and bows but I like the disney print on her feet so I didn't put them on and I haven't cut the plastic fastners on her bow yet so she's still wearing her bow. I'm hoping at least one of her necklaces will get here tomorrow. I'm wanting Duffy's bottle necklace but that seems hard to come by.

Eulinne, when you start looking for bows for Shellie May, ones you can find at places like Claire's and The Icing with the alligator clips work great on her (just clip it to her ear asymmetrical style like Hello Kitty) and look really cute. I got a bunch of those. My aunt has made me a bunch of "classic" style single bows in various colors (need to see if she can make some more in other colors). It's fin to switch between the 2 styles for different looks.

Giant Duffy attacks Christmas tree... Villagers flee in panic! Film at 11...

OMG! That is so precious!!!!

• I love that tiny bear!

I didn't think Giant Duffy looked so big, until I saw the Eiffel Tower in the background...scary stuff, Aimster!

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I looked at the tag on my 28" Duffy and he was actually originally $60, but I could have sworn they were $75. Well, whatever. Still a good deal $60 marked down to $34.99, which is only $4.99 more than a current 17" Duffy, so I'm still happy. But they're $45 online, which is odd. Oh well.
    You're right. They were originally $60.00. I thought it was weird that they marked them up to, I actually think it was $70.00, but no matter. Then when I saw them on-line for $45 I thought that it was weird that they marked them up at the parks.

I think it was on these boards that I read that they are not going to carry the "28 inch Duffy at the parks. Then I figured that the $45.00 is a close out price. But why mark them up at the park? Anyway...........

At the MK this past Saturday, I could hardly find Duffy anywhere! He was still in the store at the front of the park, but he had been moved to the back wall. He had replaced Stitch in the door way entrance, but now Stitch was back there again. I didn't see any "28 inch Duffys. I asked the CM if they had any. Her reply was, "They are more an Epcot thing."

I'm assuming that they took Duffy out of the main location because they are stocking up with merchandise that they know will sell during the crowded Holidays and they are not sure about Duffy.

That makes me so sad! Duffy is so super awesome!

I have to get over to the outlet stores this week to see if I can get the "28 inch. If not, I'll order on-line. I bet once they are gone on-line, we won't be seeing any more of them state-side, unless Duffy really starts to catch on!

I would think with the bed-time story they have at the hotels and their other marketing plans they shared at the pass holder event that Duffy would be more popular. Does anyone think that it's the pricing or what else could it be? He's just too adorable not to be LOVED!