Page 63 of 298 FirstFirst ... 133853606162636465667388113163 ... LastLast

• I love that tiny bear!

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

There are different reasons companies may raise prices...obviously it increases their profit margin, but it can also lead to an item being viewed as more of a luxury and higher quality. (I think a better way to accomplish that would be to, you know, make something higher quality, but hey.) And a higher price leaves more room for sales, such as the "buy Duffy, get 2 outfits 50% off" sale. They MIGHT also be trying to deter resellers a little, too. When I went, a pair of men who did not seem to be Duffy fans were buying like 7 pairs of Duffy mouse-ears, and the clerk with us said they were resellers. And/or Disney might be raising the prices closer to what resellers sell things for, thinking the market will bear it.

A lot of the appeal of Duffy is dressing him up (and taking him places with you!), so I can see why a 28" Duffy wouldn't catch on. That's just really big, and I imagine a lot of people wouldn't think to dress him in people clothes. (Never mind the cost of storing those giant bears must be very high!)

When Duffy first came to the US parks, he was supposed to be super-exclusive, so you could ONLY get him in Epcot and DCA. I'm not sure exactly when Disney gave up on that, but any little "rollback" in his merchandising in other parks COULD just be making him a tiny bit more "exclusive." Or maybe they've sold out of some stock with that sale.

I still don't know why they don't play up the Japan connection more. Well, I do kind of know (they don't want to admit Tokyo Disney did something better than they did), but many teens and young adults have a real affinity for all things Japanese. Marketing him as "Japanese" could be more profitable than marketing him toward 3-year-olds, who don't have much discretionary income, and many of whose parents don't understand Duffy and consider him a cash-grab by Disney.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Ok regarding the 28" Duffys:

They were orgiginallt sold in the parks & DTD for $60 (it was MY mistake that I thought they were originally $75). Then this fall they discontinued them so they're being sold at the marked-down price of $45 online, but if you're lucky you can find them at the Character Warehouse or Character Premiere outlets marked down even further to $34.99.

Hope that clears that up.

So I went to Busch Gardens again today and brought Duffy along for the fun.

We started our day at Walkabout Way to feed the kangaroos and wallabys. This kangaroo was totally smitten with Duffy... *SMOOCH!*

From there we happened by the Sesame Street area and some characters were out doing meet & greets!

ZOMG... GROVER!!

This is... Zoe I think (she's from well after my time watching Sesame Street in the 70's).

Had lunch at the Desert Grill and Duffy wanted his photo with the big tree on the stage for the Christmas Celebrations show.

Later, we happened onto the man himself... SANTA!!!

And in front of the big tree at the park's entrance before getting on the tram to go back to the car.
    Last edited by aimster; 12-14-2011 at 03:15 PM.

• I love that tiny bear!

Oh, I thought I'd commented, Aimster. Your photos are PERFECT! Way too cute with Grover. I think that is Zoe, and Santa.......nicely done!!! You let the animals get a lot closer to your Duffy than I think Tiny Duffy or Tiny Shellie May would like. LOL

And my tiny bears got to visit DISNEYLAND! (And will be exploring it for probably a year or so in my blog. I will try to post my favorite pictures here, though.)

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    Santa.......nicely done!!! You let the animals get a lot closer to your Duffy than I think Tiny Duffy or Tiny Shellie May would like. LOL
    Thanks! The Santa photo was a stroke of pure luck because it's normally a paid thing (even at the park you have to buy your photos with Santa like they do at the mall), but Duffy managed to charm Santa and he came down from the greeting spot to hold Duffy for the photo. Yay!

And those kangaroos can get grabby (especially when you're feeding them). I had two of them grab onto Duffy and I had to pry their little hands off him. Was a little scary but Duffy came out of it unharmed. He actually thought it was funny. Weird bear. But I visit these kangaroos at least twice a month, so I think they know my scent and recognize my voice on some level, so they let me get away with more than the average visitor to the park (they let me scratch their necks and chests/tummys).

Grover!!!! And Disneyland? I can see I'll have to make some time to go through some of the previous pages. Your photos are all so cute I can hardly keep up!

Keychain Duffy and Shellie May traveled to Chicago to celebrate the start of the holiday season. They very much enjoyed their free room at the Park Hyatt (hooray Hyatt Visa!). Here are a few photos to commemorate the visit!

Mmm, apples. And what a sophisticated photograph of downtown Chicago!

Lovely toiletries! We're going to smell wonderful after our bath.

Ok Duffy, you turn on the water and I'll control this fancy sprayer. Not too hot, not too cold, just right!

Wow! We can see the Chicago skyline right from the tub!

What a wonderful way to celebrate Christmas. First the German Christkindlemarket, then Ghirardelli. We love the delicious holiday treats!

Just a couple of minutes longer! We must enjoy the pretty city view before we go to bed. What a grand day. Yawwwn....

Hmm, I'm not sure what went wrong with the resizing. I did it in Photobucket and set it to Large (640 X480) as usual. Any tips to make them look a little better?

Anyhow, hope you enjoyed Chicago as much as Duffy and Shellie May!

Last edited by Esmeralda; 12-15-2011 at 02:01 PM.
    Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

• I love that tiny bear!

I love your photos, Esmeralda! That room looks soooo fancy. O_O You get some remarkable pictures, especially considering your bears don't have magnets to aid them! The city view is my favorite. All the pictures look good to me so I'm not sure what your concern is about them.

Thanks Eeee-va! It's so funny, because when I looked yesterday the photos were all strangely shaped and now they're magically sized just perfectly. Hooray!
    Drop another coin in slot and I will tell you more.

Smile Share your Duffy Photos

Here is a picture of my Duffy manger scene! I need help naming the two little Duffys....any suggestions?

The 12" Duffy my mom got the little girl she babysits and made into a girl so her Duffy could have a "little sister" we came up with the name Abby and it suited her perfectly.

• I love that tiny bear!

That's a cute setup, Disneylover23. I name my Duffies by their size...I have Tiny Duffy, Tiny Shellie May, and my 12" Duffy...I'm not sure; he may just be Duffy, since I'm not planning to get a 17" one.

Angel? Halo?

Thanks! And Thanks for the name suggestions!! Love Them!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Disneylover23 View Post
    Here is a picture of my Duffy manger scene! I need help naming the two little Duffys....any suggestions?
    This is Fabulous!!!! I love it!

So what names did you come up with?

Duffy got into my candy stash today.

Red Vines!

Then he washed it down with my Coke.

YUM! *burp*