Page 66 of 264 FirstFirst ... 164156636465666768697691116166 ... LastLast

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Looks like Disneylover23 was staying at the Wilderness Lodge. Am I correct?

Travis, my Duffys & I are officially jealous. I haven't been to Disneyland since 1989 and it's killing me! My boyfriend goes to Anaheim every January for the NAMM trade show (the company he works for has a booth/display there every year) and I keep asking him to hide me in his luggage. LOL!

Smile Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Cute! Eeee-va - I wish there was a 12" ShellieMay too! Travis - Wow! What gorgeous views! Wish I was there! And aimster - I
    was actually staying at the Polynesian that trip...Haven't stayed at the Wilderness Lodge...Is it nice?? I just love the pictures
    in this thread!

I initially said Polynesian, but then looked at the angle and thought Wilderness Lodge. DOH! And I've only been in the lobby area of the Wilderness Lodge and it's gorgeous.

Good to know! Maybe we'll have to visit there on our next trip!

I wish I could afford to stay at any of those hotels. I stay off property at the Holiday Inn or the Clarion Inn.

We don't go very often, and when we do we usually don't stay long But you took some adorable shots at all the park hotels! If we have some extra time during our next trip, I might have to do that too!

Speaking of the next trip...I am contemplating on whether or not to bring both ShellieMay and Duffy, or just one or the other....Maybe just Shellie and keychain Duffy and ShellieMay?? If anyone has taken both, are they a big hastle to keep up with? Sorry for all the annoying questions but I'm trying to plan ahead...

I take both Duffy and Shellie May with me on adventures. We've done several visits to Busch Gardens and a couple trips to WDW this year (the 2nd one a couple weeks ago was just to visit the hotels to see the holiday decorations... no parks). Just get a tote bag big enough both can fit in to carry around with you and it's not bad at all. That's what I do. My boyfriend got me a nice totebag for that very purpose for my birthday. I've gotten to be kind of a pro at taking both bears along.

• I love that tiny bear!

Taking the small bears out with you is ridiculously easy. One for each hand! I haven't counted how many Disneyland pictures I got in about 4 days in the parks (a bit less) but it has to have been over 300 different shots. I wouldn't be surprised if it was twice that.

A few years ago, I twice took one American Girl doll to the parks and that was OK, though I was always nervous of something happening, and I didn't carry them all day. Since the bears are soft and squishy, I don't think it would be terribly hard to carry 2 bears...probably about as hard as taking one doll.

If you have room to pack both bears, you might take both of them with you and then decide when you get to the parks what to do from there. Or you could do a trial run at a local location with both of them and see how it goes!

• MiceAge Columnist

Shellie May got all dolled up in her wintery finery, Duffy put on his snow clothes (even though there's no snow here he likes that outfit), and they got the rest of the gang together & decorated a tree here today (because I haven't had time to put up a tree). Don't tell the little bears (who climbed up into the tree), that they really aren't decorations!

• I love that tiny bear!

ADORABLE, Sue! I especially like Duffy's hat and of course your tiny bears. <3

Ho ho ho! Tiny Duffy and Tiny Shellie May spotted something in the yard...

They didn't dare get close enough to the hawk...that's probably a good thing. My mom got some better pictures but they're kind of gross.

• I also like Stitch!

Well, I'm going up to my grandparents with my family for my Grandpa's birthday after New Years, in a rented plane that my sis (who just got her instrument rating) is flying. I'll be sure to take Duffy (and Shellie if I got her for Christmas) up with us. Just have to keep them out of the jaws of three dogs who love plushes. I'll post some iPhone pics when we stop on our way there and back. Well, MERRY CHRISTMAS (and Hannaka, Kwanza, Yom Kippur, and every other winter holiday)

• Munchings & Crunchings

Wow, Sue, that's a beautiful setup! I LOVE Shellie May's hat and outfit. Where did you get it? So elegant.

Eeee-Va, it sure is good that Duffy and Shellie were inside, otherwise that hawk might have carried them off!

• MiceAge Columnist

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Wow, Sue, that's a beautiful setup! I LOVE Shellie May's hat and outfit. Where did you get it? So elegant.

Eeee-Va, it sure is good that Duffy and Shellie were inside, otherwise that hawk might have carried them off!

Shellie May's clothes are from Build A Bear - her hat is vintage, handmade c.1940. I was an antique dealer for 20years - it's part of my stash, bought it from another dealer who got it at an estate sale of a milliner.

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    I take both Duffy and Shellie May with me on adventures. We've done several visits to Busch Gardens and a couple trips to WDW this year (the 2nd one a couple weeks ago was just to visit the hotels to see the holiday decorations... no parks). Just get a tote bag big enough both can fit in to carry around with you and it's not bad at all. That's what I do. My boyfriend got me a nice totebag for that very purpose for my birthday. I've gotten to be kind of a pro at taking both bears along.
    Good to know! I hope I'll be able to take them both with me! It will be during my Duffy's Birthday and ShellieMay hasn't seen Disney World! I can't imagine not having them both there! Thanks for all your help!

---------- Post added 12-24-2011 at 12:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    Taking the small bears out with you is ridiculously easy. One for each hand! I haven't counted how many Disneyland pictures I got in about 4 days in the parks (a bit less) but it has to have been over 300 different shots. I wouldn't be surprised if it was twice that.

A few years ago, I twice took one American Girl doll to the parks and that was OK, though I was always nervous of something happening, and I didn't carry them all day. Since the bears are soft and squishy, I don't think it would be terribly hard to carry 2 bears...probably about as hard as taking one doll.

If you have room to pack both bears, you might take both of them with you and then decide when you get to the parks what to do from there. Or you could do a trial run at a local location with both of them and see how it goes!
    Thanks! This helps a LOT! I wonder what some of the travelers/crew members will think when they see a ShellieMay? And I love to take tons of pictures of them!! I've been slacking lately though...

The couple times I've taken Shellie May to WDW with me, I've had CM's come up and say, "Oh is that Shellie May? How did you get her?" Other times occasional guests will come up and ask who the girl bear is and where I got her (as some recognize Duffy). I never know what kind of a response I'll get. The best is when I run into Japanese tourists who have their own Duffy & Shellie May stuff on them. They get so excited and sometimes as if they can take photos of my bears.