Page 68 of 275 FirstFirst ... 184358656667686970717893118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 4124

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Aimster, I just got that dress for my Shellie May too, it's very pretty. I'm going to pair it with the white fur vest from the TDS Christmas 2010 set to put it over the top.
    Any chance you could send me a link to that dress? I have a friend in the US now who could pick it up for me if I can tell her exactly what it is. Thanks in advance!^^

... You know that blue Fair Isle sweater set they had? Aimster, you have pictures of Shellie wearing it. Well, I have it too, but they used to have the matching hat and scarf set, but it's been gone for ages...
    I had been envious of that for a while, too, after seeing Aimster's photos, mostly because it's a perfect match for the hooded sweater that was my first-ever Build-A-Bear purchase for Duffy, and formed the first outfit I thought of as my Duffy's signature look. Just last week, I went to BAB at the mall here and it wasn't there. I decided to have a look on auction sites and found the whole set (dress, hat, scarf, boots, pants) on eBay! I had to pay over retail and shipping was a bit expensive, but I'm so happy to have this set. Funny that all three of us were so into it - great minds...!^^

I love that it's called "Fair Isle," too! I know it's from the UK, but I like to think about "the Fair Isles of Cape Cod." And yes...I know it's not really an island, either, but there are lots of islands in Cape Cod!
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 12-28-2011 at 03:16 AM.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I just looked on Build A Bear's website and that dress isn't shown on it.

They do have some new merchandise on their site though... including THESE:

Union Jack High-Tops - Build-A-Bear Workshop US

I want these for Duffy SO BAD! Shoot... I want a pair in human size for myself!

Looked on the Japanese BAB site and they don't have the dress listed either, but I am JEALOUS of all the awesome clothes shown that aren't available in the US stores! The Japanese site has this cute dress though:

ビルド・ア・ベア ワークショップ|ウェブストア

• I love that tiny bear!

Oh, but I love the prices of US BAB... Their Christmas stuff doesn't even seem to be marked down...the Gingerbread Boy outfit was over 2,000 yen!

If you've been peeking in occasionally at Daily Duffy, note that my tiny bears are only holding hands for ONE reason.

...for safety! It's easy for tiny bears to get lost so I wanted to make sure Tiny Shellie May and Tiny Duffy stuck together, so they would be harder to lose.

They made it home safely.

Yeah that's crazy how the gingerbread outfit is 2100 (that's like $26 US), when here in the States it was only $5 and they just marked it down to $3 for after Christmas clearance!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    ...Looked on the Japanese BAB site and they don't have the dress listed either, but I am JEALOUS of all the awesome clothes shown that aren't available in the US stores! The Japanese site has this cute dress though:

ビルド・ア・ベア ワークショップ|ウェブストア
    Aw...Aimster, it takes a TRUE-BLUE friend to be sweet enough to try to cheer me up by pretending that this bubbly blue prom dress thing holds a candle (or even a child-proof lighter^^) to you and Gurgi's sparkling-star-diamond-evening-elegance dress fantasia! You're a true pal for trying, but I think, since you were savvy enough to buy it, that we both know your dress is far superior. Poopity!^^

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    Oh, but I love the prices of US BAB...
    Don't we all?^^ I'm thankful that there is a large and demanding market in Japan for extremely high-end character goods, too, though. Sure, it means that Build-A-Bear is WAY overpriced here, but without the market value and fans supporting it, the new Cannery Clothing Company releases simply would not and could not exist. And now that I see the potential, I'm very happy that it does.^^

In fact, I've been thinking of not buying anything except TDR/OLC releases anymore. Every time I finally cave and buy something from BAB or the likes (a corduroy Christmas dress to match Shellie's cape from two years ago, an aviator outfit for Duffy...), OLC very soon releases exactly what I wanted and it fits better and is made better than whatever I substituted, meaning I'll still buy it and now have extra. Not that I'm really complaining. This new CCC outfit combined with Spring Voyage pretty much gives OLC a free pass on everything that has ever happened or will ever happen ever. They own my childhood heart.

That red dress with white trim is awesome!

---------- Post added 12-29-2011 at 01:00 PM ----------

Yeah that's crazy how the gingerbread outfit is 2100 (that's like $26 US), when here in the States it was only $5 and they just marked it down to $3 for after Christmas clearance!
    Yeah, I wanna justify it as paying for importing, blah blah...but it really does suck how inflated BAB prices are here. It's more than Duffy Post + shipping combined. But I still shop there sometimes...
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 12-28-2011 at 07:58 PM.

• Munchings & Crunchings

It's weird that the dress is no longer on BAB's site. DuffyD, I'll look at my local store for you, and if they have it, I'll get it.

The Fair Isle stuff really is cute, and even if it's not specifically Cape Cod, the theme still fits. I'm just very happy to finally have the complete set. It's really cute, and I love the blue. This year's pink version was too pink for me (and for Shellie, she protested).

• I love that tiny bear!

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    That red dress with white trim is awesome!
    Thank you! It was actually a Goodwill find. But it fit Tiny Shellie May so well!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Don't we all?^^ I'm thankful that there is a large and demanding market in Japan for extremely high-end character goods, too, though. Sure, it means that Build-A-Bear is WAY overpriced here, but without the market value and fans supporting it, the new Cannery Clothing Company releases simply would not and could not exist. And now that I see the potential, I'm very happy that it does.^^

In fact, I've been thinking of not buying anything except TDR/OLC releases anymore. Every time I finally cave and buy something from BAB or the likes (a corduroy Christmas dress to match Shellie's cape from two years ago, an aviator outfit for Duffy...), OLC very soon releases exactly what I wanted and it fits better and is made better than whatever I substituted, meaning I'll still buy it and now have extra. Not that I'm really complaining. This new CCC outfit combined with Spring Voyage pretty much gives OLC a free pass on everything that has ever happened or will ever happen ever. They own my childhood heart.
    Oh, man, I so agree with you on this! It always happens too, right after I've bought something as a substitute too. I JUST bought some clothes at BAB for Christmas for Duffy & Shellie, and now I see these new releases and wish I hadn't spent the money. I'm thinking just like you and sticking to TDS costume releases from now on. Even though there are always new and nice things from BAB, Japan always turns around and does something amazing that I want and that is WAY more expensive than anything from BAB.

I just need to learn to resist the cute stuff from BAB and focus on what's coming this year from the Tokyo Duffy team. I do wish they would give the fans time to catch their breath between all of these costume releases though.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

...(and for Shellie, she protested).

---------- Post added 12-29-2011 at 04:22 PM ----------

I just need to learn to resist the cute stuff from BAB and focus on what's coming this year from the Tokyo Duffy team. I do wish they would give the fans time to catch their breath between all of these costume releases though.
    Yes and more yes.^^

just some pictures from over the holidays ^_^
    (for some reason i can't figure out how to fix the ones that are sideways :c)

Name:  duffduff.jpg
Views: 187
Size:  174.1 KB

duffy: how bout this one?
    me: too small

Name:  duffduff4.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  189.5 KB

duffy: this one??
    me: too big

Name:  duffduff5.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  151.1 KB

duffy: fine! take your pick, then!

Name:  duffduff3.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  120.8 KB

looking at the fish at bass pro shop

Name:  duffduff2.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  136.9 KB

hanging out at the spa

• Munchings & Crunchings

Kittyloaf, those really cute pictures. Did Duffy finally get the perfect sized tree? I'm surprised you got him to stand in front of the fish like that. That spa towel is really cute too!

DuffyD, I'm going to Build A Bear tomorrow after work and if they have the black & white dress, I'll pick it up for you. If Gurgi happens to beat me to it, then I can just return it... no big deal.

BTW, my mom bought that dress for Shellie May for Christmas to be her New Year's Eve party dress.

I also saw these dresses on BAB's site:

Blue Velvet Dress with Jacket 3 pc. - Build-A-Bear Workshop US

Turquoise Fancy Dress - Build-A-Bear Workshop US

Just throwing some alternative suggestions out there just in case.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

...BTW, my mom bought that dress for Shellie May for Christmas to be her New Year's Eve party dress...
    Yeah, that's exactly what it looks like. Thanks for the suggestions, which are both cute, but that Northern Sky Diamond Festiva Gown of Wonder is really something special!

---------- Post added 12-30-2011 at 10:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kittyloaf View Post
    just some pictures from over the holidays ^_^
    (for some reason i can't figure out how to fix the ones that are sideways :c)
    Cute photos and even cuter story!^^ What's weird is that they do display vertically on my iPhone, but not on my PC...

Northern Sky Diamond Festiva Gown of Wonder

Best. Description. Ever.

• I love that tiny bear!

Love your pictures, Kittyloaf! SPA DUFFY! LOL. The forklift picture.....haaaaa!