Page 78 of 265 FirstFirst ... 2853687576777879808188103128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 3972

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Ok.... more photos!

After we saw Big Duffy (photo shared earlier... and he tried to steal Shellie May!), we headed out around World Showcase.

First stop: Mexico!

♪♫ Yo-ho, Yo-ho, a Viking's live for me! ♪♫
    (Duffy in Norway)

Visiting China!

Forgot to get photos again in Germany & Italy (doy!), but I did get an awesome giant rice krispy treat drizzled with caramel in Germany (OM NOM NOM!)

Hanging out by the koi pond in Japan

I had some Japanese guests come up and asked how I got Shellie May (of course I told them I have an awesome friend in Tokyo who helped me out ) and when I mentioned the beats were wearing this year's Sweet Duffy costumes, they got pretty excited. I actually had several CM's throughout Epcot get excited when they saw Shellie May and asked how I got her. They were all asking if they could hold her and were just fawning over her saying stuff like, "She's so CUTE!" and "Oh she's so precious!"

After Japan, we did a costume change and Duffy got to show off his fez because...

Up next was Morocco!

Yeah... fezzes are COOL!

The CM's in Morocco were going nuts over Duffy in his fez! They thought it was so awesome and really cute. They loved how it made him really fit in and we agreed Disney should make Duffy an official Morocco costume.

Quick photo in Aladdin's meet & greet area while he's out.

That's all for now. I'll have more to share tomorrow!

• I love that tiny bear!

Wow, I'm late! Mikkimausu, thank you and Duffy for bringing love.

Gurgi, thank you for those amazingly detailed photos! We knew the TDS items would be great...and Sue's SCARF!

mattthemickeyman, who wouldn't love a Duffy?

Sue! I LOVE Mardi Gras Duffy and Shellie May! Though…what did Duffy do to get all those beads? Oh dear. The Tiana dress is nice on Shellie May (though the centered flower BAB insisted on putting on it still irks me…you hid it well ).

GREAT photos, Aimster! (As usual) The Duffy birthday button…hilarious! My bears now want one; oh dear. You did a great job framing the shots. Fez Duffy is ADORABLE, and I love the attention Shellie May got in Japan!

(And my good friend got a viking hat picture just like your Duffy's. LOL)

Not brilliant pictures over here, but I wanted to share how the 12" US Duffies fit into American Girl clothes.

Long sleeves are tight (I'm not sure how those would've fit if there wasn't a bit of stretch in the wrists). Jeans and long pants...may not be the best idea. LOL. (These were flare jeans, and embroidered girly flare jeans at that.)

I tried way earlier and the dresses appear to fit nicely too. Not much in the wardrobe that Duffy can pull off, but...ah....let's just say, my SS Shellie May is not going to want for clothes.

I really should make some clothes for my 12" Duffy; I'm very comfortable with American Girl patterns and I have enough of them I should be able to make him something cool and manly. Though I think he likes the hoodie, actually.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Hanging out by the koi pond in Japan
    Hehe, poor Shellie looks exhausted! World Showcase will do that to ya, I suppose. It's so flippin' huge.

Eeee-va, thanks for demonstrating the fit of AG Doll clothes on the 12". I've been curious about that now that I have Duffette. I might have to try some of it out!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: Share your Duffy Photos

...I did get an awesome giant rice krispy treat drizzled with caramel in Germany (OM NOM NOM!)

Hanging out by the koi pond in Japan...
    It's funny to see a "Disneyfied" faux Japan. I never thought of how that would look before. Rice Krispie with caramel just made me drool a little on my keyboard...

I had some Japanese guests come up and asked how I got Shellie May (of course I told them I have an awesome friend in Tokyo who helped me out ) and when I mentioned the bears were wearing this year's Sweet Duffy costumes, they got pretty excited. I actually had several CM's throughout Epcot get excited when they saw Shellie May and asked how I got her. They were all asking if they could hold her and were just fawning over her saying stuff like, "She's so CUTE!" and "Oh she's so precious!"

After Japan, we did a costume change and Duffy got to show off his fez because...

Up next was Morocco!
    ...They loved how it made him really fit in and we agreed Disney should make Duffy an official Morocco costume.

Quick photo in Aladdin's meet & greet area while he's out.
    [/QUOTE]

They should totally have an official one, and I'm loving that you used the photo op as, well, your photo op! NICE!

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    ...Sue! I LOVE Mardi Gras Duffy and Shellie May! Though…what did Duffy do to get all those beads? Oh dear. ...
    Those beads seem to be all he's wearing, if that's any indication.........

(And my good friend got a viking hat picture just like your Duffy's. LOL)
    Do they give away Viking hats???

Not brilliant pictures over here, but I wanted to share how the 12" US Duffies fit into American Girl clothes...
    Thank you. That's a question many people have had that resurfaces periodically.

I WANT MORE SPRING VOYAGE INFO!!!...sorry...habit.^^

DuffyD, the Viking hats were for sale in the shop in Norway. Duffy wants a Viking costume bad. I wish BAB would bring the one they had back as it looked awesome.

• MiceAge Columnist

Sue! I LOVE Mardi Gras Duffy and Shellie May! Though…what did Duffy do to get all those beads? Oh dear. The Tiana dress is nice on Shellie May (though the centered flower BAB insisted on putting on it still irks me…you hid it well ).
    What can I say — my Duffy is a bit wild (and apparently, mad about beads).
    Shellie May thanks you for the compliment (she's not crazy about the flower placement on the dress either — feather boas certainly help).

My Duffy can be a little wild at times too, so I can relate.

Ok more photos!

After Morocco, we visited the France pavilion (forgot to get photos there too... duh!), then exited Epcot via the International Gateway and too the Friendship boat to DHS.

Had to say hello to Uncle Walt!

After a quick loop around DHS, it was back to Epcot to finish up World Showcase.

Duffy wanted to make a phone call in the UK.

O Canada!

Enjoying the atmosphere in Canada.

After we finished World Showcase, I stopped at Art of Disney to pick up something I wanted, then we headed out of Epcot.

But out adventure wasn't over yet!

One more set of photos to share..... tomorrow!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

I the one with the red TARDIS phone booth!^^

LOL! They need a blue Police Box in the UK pavilion for sure! That would have been SO awesome.

• I love that tiny bear!

My Tiny Duffy still hates trousers. Do you think there may be something inherently wild about US Duffies versus Japanese ones?

Though my Tiny Shellie May has expressed no desire to wear panties either. Hm. Maybe it's just something in the air in America.

Loving the pictures, Aimster! You make it look almost as easy to park hop in WDW as it is in Anaheim, somehow.

My Tiny Duffy still hates trousers. Do you think there may be something inherently wild about US Duffies versus Japanese ones?

Though my Tiny Shellie May has expressed no desire to wear panties either. Hm. Maybe it's just something in the air in America.

No Bottoms? My kids are just the opposite!

• North American Duffeteer

Just a Duffy photo I want to share:

Drew myself an ema (a wooden plaque on which people write wishes for the new year and hang them at any Japanese shrine) with an image of Duffy!^^

This is for you, Daisuki-San!^^

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

Quote Originally Posted by bookobsessor View Post
    little magnet Duffy my roommate also got me, and a spinning Duffy light, I found for 50 cents.

OK, so that's it for now, have a splendid day!
    Thanks! Love your photo diary!

.50 cents! I'm jealous! LOL - I picked up 2 out the outlet for $4.99 each.............

---------- Post added 02-23-2012 at 09:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    "Hmm, it's Valentine's Day. I should do something special for Duffette."

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!
    Fabulous!!!!!!

Loving the pictures, Aimster! You make it look almost as easy to park hop in WDW as it is in Anaheim, somehow.
    LOL! I was freaking EXHAUSTED by the time all was said and done. Three parks in 13.5 hours... *DEAD*.

Ok last set of photos!

After we left Epcot, Duffy wanted to go to the Magic Kingdom and ride Space Mountain. Shellie May was pretty much DONE at this point and didn't want to do anymore, so she said she's take a nap in the car while we did MK. So we drove over there... and it was wall to wall people! Turns out MK was open until 1am. Uh-oh!

Duffy proudly wearing his birthday button and light up Mickey ears.

Went over to Space Mountain and the line was long (forgot what the posted wait time was). Fastpasses were still available, so I got one. Return time was for 10:30pm. Ugh! I thought, "We'll see how I'm doing at 10:30. If I'm still going strong we'll ride."

So we joined in at the dance party going on at the state in Tomorrowland (danced with Stitch, Pluto, Goofy and Chip & Dale), then went to ride the Peoplemover (my favorite since I was 3). Lucky us... when the cars separated into the separate trains, we got the "front" seat! Duffy was in 7th heaven!

Wheeee!

Duffy was waving at everyone as we went by. One set of cars had a couple Japanese tourists in them and when they saw Duffy they were all pointing and waving and smiling. They were quite excited to see him.

After the Peoplemover we got a quick dinner at Cosmic Rays and listened to Sonny Eclipse before heading into Fantasyland.

Duffy wanted to see if Pooh Bear was home.

Pooh wasn't home, but he left his hunny pots out, which Duffy of course got into.

We took a spin on the carousel.

Went on Haunted Mansion & went to see the Country Bear Jamboree (Duffy's favorite!). As we were coming out of Country Bears, the Electrical Parade was coming. We had a good viewing spot on the porch outside Pecos Bill's, so we stopped to watch. Lots of the characters pointed and waved at Duffy. Some of the parade performers even waved and wished Duffy a Happy Birthday when they saw his button. The highlight was Cinderella herself wishing Duffy a Happy Birthday and the Fairy Godmother blew him a kiss! Duffy was over the moon! During the fireworks, we decided to try the new Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom game, which was pretty cool. By then it was 10:30, but I was too beat to trudge all the way back to Space Mountain, so we called it a night. I told Duffy since I have an AP again, I'll take him back soon to ride Space Mountain.

And that was our WDW adventure last weekend! Hope you enjoyed!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

LOL! I was freaking EXHAUSTED by the time all was said and done. Three parks in 13.5 hours... *DEAD*.
    No doubt!^^

…Fastpasses were still available, so I got one. Return time was for 10:30pm. Ugh! I thought, "We'll see how I'm doing at 10:30. If I'm still going strong we'll ride."
    I wish it was reasonable for the Tokyo Resort to stay open so late. Of course, if trains ran all night, there are lots of other places I'd go to, too. Hopefully every good restaurant wouldn't also close at 10:00 or 11:00.

Duffy was waving at everyone as we went by. One set of cars had a couple Japanese tourists in them and when they saw Duffy they were all pointing and waving and smiling. They were quite excited to see him.
    Front seat, huh? He really is the Bear of "7th-heaven-over-the-moon-cloud-nine" happiness and LUCK!

I how, from everyone's stories, Japanese tourists at WDW and DLR always seem to consistently understand Duffy as a Japanese phenomenon they get excited about. They never seem to have any of the confusion that some Americans sometimes do about where Duffy's proper origin is. They always sound quite rightly confident that they are greeting a familiar friend who was born and raised in Cape Cod, American Waterfront, Tokyo DisneySEA – Duffy's hometown now and forever. It always lights up my heart to know that Japanese fans know that. I wish WDC was making sure Americans understand it, too, with no ifs, ands, buts or complications.

Yesterday I was talking with two students about the reconstruction around Tokyo Station, due to be completed next year. I was reminded again how miraculous it is that only 15 years after American bombs decimated much of Tokyo (which is still being rebuilt), Chiharu Kawasaki was dreaming of building Tokyo Disneyland. Do a search for Marc Borrelli's brilliant "Land of the Rising Mickey" series to learn more.

Duffy's connection to the "Disney Bear" is interesting and beautiful, but questioning even the possibility that Americans deserve credit for the creation of Duffy is seriously insulting. They don't. No one in America envisioned Duffy until well into OLC's plan, and even now, Duffy only seems to be understood by a few American fans; the WDC still lags behind. The original design concept was solid, but charmless until nurtured by Japanese hands. It's like suggesting that the weaver who makes the cloth deserves credit for creating the finished garment. No. The designer had the good sense to select quality material, but the designer is the champion, no doubt.

Went on Haunted Mansion & went to see the Country Bear Jamboree (Duffy's favorite!).
    HM was my Duffy's first costume, and he s Country Bears! I'm really inspired now for my Spring Voyage report; thanks, Aimster!^^
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 02-23-2012 at 08:48 PM.