Page 87 of 271 FirstFirst ... 3762778485868788899097112137187 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,305 of 4058

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Share your Duffy Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    Disney is so out of touch with what makes bear clothes sell.
    TRUTH. They really have no clue. I at first was going get the Jedi Training Academy outfit, but when I saw it in person, I was totally underwhelmed. The robe itself was nice and plushy and rich feeling, but the logo was IRONED ON. It should have been embroidered. It REALLY cheapened the look of it, so I decided not to get it.

• MiceAge Columnist

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    TRUTH. They really have no clue. I at first was going get the Jedi Training Academy outfit, but when I saw it in person, I was totally underwhelmed. The robe itself was nice and plushy and rich feeling, but the logo was IRONED ON. It should have been embroidered. It REALLY cheapened the look of it, so I decided not to get it.
    Besides the fact that My Duffy has a Jedi outfit already, I thought maybe I'd get him the official one as well, but that's exactly why I passed on buying it too. The ironed-on logo was really cheesy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Kruse View Post
    Besides the fact that My Duffy has a Jedi outfit already, I thought maybe I'd get him the official one as well, but that's exactly why I passed on buying it too. The ironed-on logo was really cheesy.
    Me too. I love the one from BAB. When I took Duffy in it to the Star Tours 2 preview mall tour last spring, the CM's were going nuts over him. Even C3PO was impressed with "Duffy-Wan Kenobi".

• I love that tiny bear!

Thank you for reporting on the sailor outfit, Aimster! I know it's not as nice as TDS's, but I really like the red accents of the US version. And I'm afraid my 12" Duffy doesn't mind going pantsless; oh dear. Once I'm done owing myself money from TDS Duffy, I might have to get it. (That's going to be a while!)

The outfit you found for Shellie May is FABULOUS! The one you found will be PERFECT with both of Duffy's otufits, like you said. I'm so excited to see pictures!

I love your Duffy with the flowers, too. (And everywhere, granted, but the flowers make me think of Spring Voyage. ) Where/what is that Duffy bottlecap thing????

Thanks for your vote of confidence, Sue; you're sweet. I think I need to make a Tiny Shellie May sailor outfit before I think of sewing an outfit for Duffy (particularly one that I can kind of sort of buy). Though I'm thinking of giving Tiny Shellie May's dress red accents as a contrast to Duffy's US version. Either way...I'm much better at designing girl clothes than boy clothes. More experience.

I think a $10 outfit tailored for a 12" bear might sell well. Visitors to the parks can get fairly high-quality clothes for the 17" Duffy at Build a Bear (and generally cheaper/often nicer than the Duffy clothes!), but getting clothes for a 12" bear takes more trial and error. (Having Diznygrl's talent does not hurt one bit. )

It will be very interesting to see what TDS does with the 12" bears (if anything) in the future. Like Disney in the US, they now sell a 12" bear, dressed, for the same price as a 17" bear undressed. Of course, unlike the US, they sold a more detailed version of the 12" bear outfits for the 17" bears. (Which is something else the US fans have been clamoring for since the 12" bears came out--they want their 17" bears, which are marketed as your new BFF, to be to be able to wear the same outfits as the 12" bears!)

Quote Originally Posted by Eeee-va View Post
    Where/what is that Duffy bottlecap thing????
    They're just magnets with alphabet letters on them. I just searched out the ones that Spelled "Duffy", lined them up and took the photo.

• Minion

Just wanted to share my latest Goodwill find. It's an adorable handmade Strawberry Shortcake dress, and it fits Duffette just perfectly! When I saw it I knew I had to have it, because I'm a sucker for classic Strawberry Shortcake. I loved her as a child.

Not very ladylike, but Duffette wanted to show you the matching bloomers, LOL.

I think I might have to go to the craft store and see if I can find supplies to make her some matching strawberry ear bows!

• North American Duffeteer

I have some Duffy photos to share:

Yep, we keep dreaming of Disney to release a TRON outfit for Duffy, so I took the liberty of sketching concept designs for his outfit.

So here it is.

The primary color was light blue and the secondary color is just regular blue. Speaking of which, I chose that color to represent the lines lighting up.

His acessory is the Identity Disk. Not much to tell, just for an added touch.

And just like the shoes on each Tokyo DisneySea outfits, here are his shoes complete with the Mickey Paw prints on the sole.

What do you guys think?

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

• MiceAge Columnist

Quote Originally Posted by Diznygrl View Post
    Just wanted to share my latest Goodwill find. It's an adorable handmade Strawberry Shortcake dress, and it fits Duffette just perfectly! When I saw it I knew I had to have it, because I'm a sucker for classic Strawberry Shortcake. I loved her as a child.

I think I might have to go to the craft store and see if I can find supplies to make her some matching strawberry ear bows!
    And this is why I love thrift store shopping, it's like a treasure hunt, you never know what's waiting there for you. You scored Dznygrl! Duffette looks so cute!

Shellie May's sailor dress arrived today! It's a little big (though it says it's made for a 16" bear and Shellie is 17", though "petite" I guess. I had to use a safety pin to "resize" the skirt (and managed to poke my finger in the process... the same finger I scraped while stuffing Duffy in a locker at Busch Gardens on Sunday so I could ride Montu, but I digress). But on... OMG SO CUTE!!!Now they want to go sailing.

I'll see if my aunt can maybe do some alterations on this sometime. Or do you think a normal alterations place would be willing to do teddy bear clothes?
    Last edited by aimster; 04-18-2012 at 05:17 PM. Reason: formatting

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

That really is cute, Aimster. I've had zippers installed on my bears themselves at a normal alterations place, so I think it's totally possible. It's at least worth checking out!^^

Here's one of her standing so you can see the skirt better:

• Minion

Oh my gosh I love those sailor outfits. You totally need to rent a sailboat for the day and take Duffy and Shellie out on the water! And I know all about using safety pins to resize clothes. There are a few items in my bear wardrobe where I've had to do the same thing. I COULD cut them up ad re-alter them, but I just can't bring myself to do it...I keep thinking, "What if I have larger bears one day and I want them to be able to wear these clothes?" LOL. I'm sure an alterations place wouldn't bat an eye over working on teddy clothes. They're basically the same as human clothes, only tinier!

And thanks for the compliment, Sue! This is actually Duffette's first "fancy" outfit and she's been having a blast parading around in it.

Shellie May was all earlier: "Hi I'm Shellie May and I'll be your cruise director!" Apparently she's now a Julie McCoy wannabe.

My bears are now singing the them to "The Love Boat".

• I love that tiny bear!

That dress is so cute, Diznygrl! Are you just brilliant at finding wonderful bear clothes, or just persistent?

Aimster--magnets, of course! Tiny Duffy and I are both fond of magnets. Sorry about your finger.

Thank you for the sailor pics! The second picture, with the placement of the wand, keeps making me imagining Shellie May saying "In the name of the moon, I will punish you!"

For alterations, I think I'd price someone who does doll clothes (such as your aunt) as well as a human alteration place. A lot of human places would probably put in a zipper/alter the skirt with no problems (it's like the size of baby clothes, after all) but I'm not sure how expensive it would be. My friend here who makes a LOT of doll clothes sews them just like she sews people clothes and I THINK she'd be cheaper than an alterations place. (Probably not half as cheap as your aunt would do it for you, though. )

• MiceAge Columnist

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    But on... OMG SO CUTE!!!Now they want to go sailing.
    Or do you think a normal alterations place would be willing to do teddy bear clothes?
    They are beyond cute. You need to take them sailing for sure.

I don't see why an alterations place wouldn't work on bear clothes. If dry cleaners will hem & repair things alterations should work on bear clothes.