• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Question Guess the next "Hello From Cape Cod" Duffy costume!

We'll have to guess fast because it'll be officially announced anytime now. Guessing stops once the official site is updated, so everybody keep us posted when that happens. I'll start.

I'm gonna go with the theme of recycling/updating ideas to include Shellie May and guess a wool duffel coat with hat and muffler for both bears. Shellie may not have the hat, though, but will probably have a skirt? I'm gonna say Duffy in grey and Shellie in red.

Ok, you guys guess!^^

(I really am totally geeking out. It's so awesome to watch Duffy grow!)

• Munchings & Crunchings

Re: Guess the next "Hello From Cape Cod" Duffy costume!

I'm going to say you're right. They seem to be going back to the beginning to include Shellie May. I think a peacoat set sounds great! Maybe a skirt or dress for Shellie with a long peacoat and scarf. A bow of course. Duffy with some pants & peacoat, scarf, and hat set. This is just a guess though. Duffy's colors...let's see...the first one was blue, and the other one from last year was red. Maybe they'll do a black one or brown...green would be nice though. Duffy's could be a nice dark green, and Shellie's could be blue/gray. Unless they go for exact color matches from the original versions, then Duffy will get a navy peacoat and Shellie will be...maybe dark pink or something like that.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: Guess the next "Hello From Cape Cod" Duffy costume!

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    They seem to be going back to the beginning to include Shellie May. I think a peacoat set sounds great! Maybe a skirt or dress for Shellie with a long peacoat and scarf. A bow of course. Duffy with some pants & peacoat, scarf, and hat set…
    Your guess is different from mine. I was thinking of a variation on 2008's Christmas duffel coat. I thought about the peacoat, too, but since they just did that re-release last year, I thought it might be too soon. Shellie May in a long dark pink or powder blue peacoat with a pillbox hat with a bow in the front would be super cute, though. I hope others guess before the site gets updated. Thanks for playing along, gurgi!

• Banned User

Too late! Ahhh they are sooooooo cute I can't wait to get them!!! ?Duffy? The Disney Bear | ?????????

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: Guess the next "Hello From Cape Cod" Duffy costume!

Yep, this coat is exactly what I have been waiting for since 2008, and the reason I didn't buy the green duffel that Christmas. It even has a hood! It's my Paddington dream come true, but even better cos it's 100% Duffy! It even has a hood! I could not be happier about the way things are shaping up for 2011. So far, it does look like Duffy's gonna have a great year!

I really am very happy about these, and I'm curious what Gurgi will think. He really doesn't like it when Duffy's dressed like a baby, so I'm guessing this meets his approval. These coats actually have me hopeful for next Easter, which I did not like in 2010 and did not buy. I strongly suspect Easter 2011 to be bunny costumes, this being the Year of the Rabbit, which...will really depend on the design.

Honestly, besides just being very "Cape Cod" and awesome, I think these are some of the most elegant designs yet - no cutesy childish elements, no stick-on Mickey patches or lobsters or gulls or snails, a subdued and sophisticated color palette, and superior craftsmanship. There is just nothing "gimmicky" about these; Shellie even gets her own warm hat (as I had hoped but feared would not happen) instead of an impractical "look-I'm-a-girl" bow! I this.

I also love that the coats use almost exactly the same pattern, really making Duffy and Shellie May feel more like twins than Disney's typical grouping of every fe/male pair as sweethearts. In the Disney world, a male and female face of the same energy - or even a male/female friendship - is very rare, perhaps actually unprecedented. Sanrio has Little Twin Stars and Chococat/Hello Kitty or Kuromi/Badtz Maru, but Disney doesn't have any character parallels like this that I can think of. There must be, though...somebody help me think?^^

• Banned User

DuffyDaisuki, those items are adorable! Do you think they'll have them in stock when you venture to pick up some outfits? I would love to have the Hello From Cape Cod outfit for Duffy. But if they are sold out I would be glad to buy a Sweet Duffy outfit instead.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Lightbulb Re: Guess the next "Hello From Cape Cod" Duffy costume!

Quote Originally Posted by stevo505 View Post
    DuffyDaisuki, those items are adorable! Do you think they'll have them in stock when you venture to pick up some outfits? I would love to have the Hello From Cape Cod outfit for Duffy. But if they are sold out I would be glad to buy a Sweet Duffy outfit instead.
    I think both will still be available on 1/22. I can't imagine them only producing enough to last two weeks at this point. But I'll try and ask friends to let me know if stock is dwindling before then. I don't wanna miss them, either. I really do think it's no problem, but I guess if enough people want the "Hello From Cape Cod" costumes that the 25% will cover my park attendance, I could go early to pick them up on 1/9. If there are at least six people who want costumes, I'll do it. And for folks who want "Sweet Duffy" stuff too, I'll hold off on shipping until I get all of it, so you don't have to pay twice for that.^^ Please continue the details of this discussion in the Shopping Service thread.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Wow, DuffyDaisuki, you were right! well actually it seems like both of our wishes combined. I love these too. they really are rebooting, because this is an update of an early costume with just the hat and scarf. I am very happy with the design. you're right I don't like it when they are dressed like babies, and these coats are very nice. also no bow for Shellie May is great! in fact the costumes are identical except for the colors and the Mickey marks. You could even have them swap and wear each other's outfits. this looks like a return to form and a great start to 2011, especially with Sweet Duffy too, I'm excited!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Talking Re: Guess the next "Hello From Cape Cod" Duffy costume!

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    Wow, DuffyDaisuki, you were right! well actually it seems like both of our wishes combined…
    I thought that too, but I didn't wanna say anything in case you didn't see it that way! I'll love them more because of this!^^

• Adventures with Duffy

These coats are so cute. I love them. OLC has done a great job first time out for 2011. I hope they keep it up.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Oh wow!

Those are extremely adorable!

• Banned User

Ahhhh I just got mine in the mail! Will post pics soon!!!!

• Adventures with Duffy

Well Valentines Day is over. Im not sure if that means Sweet Duffy is over or not.

What are your guesses for the next release date? What is your guess on the next costume?

Im guessing the next release date will be early March. As they seem todo a costume a month and I think TDS 10th Ann starts in April.

My guess for next costume is more of a hope then a guess. Rain Coats and I also hope they have a cute costume also. I love to see some long underwear or something warm for them during the cold winter months.

I saw on DeepDisney that TDR has had some snow, so maybe they will do a snow costume.