Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Adventures with Duffy

Re: Duffy "Hello From Cape Cod" 1/21 "Guess That Costume!"

The burgundy jacket from last year has shoes but they don't say the 25 ann. on them. Those are my fav shoes, because they look like they have laces on them.

• Banned User

I am relieved and dissapointed that it's the heartful sailor. I never really liked those costumes anyways so that's another $100 I won't spend! Hehe! I also want to know why there's no shoes! I have the shoes from the Easter costume for Duffy, but Shellie may keeps complaining to me that she needs some versaces or pradas!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    I am relieved and dissapointed that it's the heartful sailor. I never really liked those costumes anyways so that's another $100 I won't spend! Hehe!
    ~gasp!~ First the adorable Chinese Duffys and now the legendary Heartful Sailor that sewing-savvy fans were selling for up to $400 for the year until OLC finally released the official ones???

I think it's great when fans buy only what they like because they love it, not just to "collect 'em all!" When it comes to Tokyo Duffy actually, I guess there's not really much choice; we can't all be like Nana-chan. That woman is my hero!^^
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 01-13-2011 at 07:21 AM.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    Oh the wait is driving me mad! lol I soo can't wait to see what's next. What cool costume OLC has come up with. Come on Rain Suite. It now rains in CA and my Duffy hates the zip lock bag he goes into. He says some not so Disney words while in that bag. lol

I also think it would be cool if they offered some shirts to go with the coats and other outer ware. I'm mean Duffy already has fur, put a coat on him and take him into where there is heaters. He gets hot! So some cute shirts maybe some cargo pants ( everyone needs a place for their smart phone). He also needs a back pack with a Cape Cod symbol on it to show where home is. Make it usable too. BaB had a sling back pack. My Duffy wares his and carries some of my stuff in it. Works great.
    There have been a few costume sets that have what you wanted. There was the t-shirt set with some cargo shorts with actual pockets, and it comes with a Duffy-sized tote bag. There is also the "camera" set with a bunch of accessories, one of which is a Duffy sling backpack. It's even got lining and a little blue bow on top. It's cute, and can fit things inside...oh, and there's also a suitcase. then, the "Cape Cod" costume set...I'm not sure what to call it, but it's very period looking. Blue & white striped t-shirt, jean overalls, a cute little newsboy hat, red bandana, and boating shoes. It also comes with a Duffy-sized "canvas" bag that says "Cape Cod" on it. He could use more accessories, but there have been some in the past...we'll see if they re-release those sets, or give Duffy more things to carry.

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Gurgi was the closest...

...And ironically also the farthest away...
    LOL, yeah, I was so right and so wrong at the same time! I honestly ruled out Heartful Sailor, only because it was just last year, but I guess you can never rule anything out with Duffy.

This re-release of the Heartful Sailor sans shoes and with a different skirt for the Shellie version is a complete surprise, and it really does make me think that part of their strategy now is giving fans a chance to get those great classic costumes they may have missed without paying 400% mark-up. As much as I do think one year later is a little soon, I kinda like what it does for fans. Fans as opposed to simply "collectors."
    Yeah, I like that they are giving fans a chance to get it again. It's also nice that it's not the only option for costumes. That was a disappointment last Halloween, only because it was a rehash, and there were no other costumes to offset it. At least this one is truly a bonus costume set.

Are you as relieved as I am?
    Yes!! I'm very relieved....but maybe slightly disappointed that it wasn't something unique, but I am not really upset by it. It was an extra thing they added on, so no love lost really.

I think the T-shirt set may come with cargo shorts...? And he has a couple of different tote bags (Cape Cod and Paw Print) and a "suitcase," but no backpack. That really would be cute. Like L.L. Bean's famous monogram backpacks with the lifetime warranty. Plus, L.L.Bean's from Freeport, Maine. It's not Cape Cod, but it's still New England. As long as there's a B&B somewhere, Duffy is totally down!
    That would be cute. He did have a sling duffel though, that came with the suitcase set.

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    Why do none of the outfits come with shoes anymore? In the winter his feet get cold!
    ...and dirty! My guess is that fans wanted to see the Mickey paw prints. None of the shoes allowed for that. I would love a compromise, where they print the paw prints on the bottom of the shoes.

Wasn't that just during the TDS 5th Anniversary and the TDR 25th? Maybe we can expect more shoes this year for TDS 10th?
    I hope so too, I would love to have the 10th anniversary logo on the shoes.

ok so the heartful sailor outfit is the one with the peacoat correct?

• Munchings & Crunchings

Nope. The peacoat one is this:

And the Heartfull Sailor costume is this:

So, there technically are 6 costumes being released. However, the Heartfull Sailor is a reissue of the ones from last year (except no shoes, and some other subtle changes). So, those of us who have that are breathing a sigh of relief that we don't have to spend the extra money. But, it's a great costume and if you don't have it, and you like the look, then go for it!
    Last edited by gurgi; 01-13-2011 at 11:55 AM. Reason: grammar...

oh thank you for clearing that up!!!! so what is the peacoat one called? and is it still available?

• Munchings & Crunchings

It doesn't really have a name, so much as a description. DuffyDaisuki could be more specific with the translation, but it's number 5 in the "Hello from Cape Cod" series, and I would just say "winter coat". I'm pretty sure they will still have them too, they just released them last week, so should have plenty of stock left. I know the website doesn't show it anymore, but that's just because they have the "special" one showing now. Oh, and the price for the "winter coat" sets is 3,600 Yen each, and the "Heartfull Sailor" sets are a bit cheaper at 3,000 Yen each.

• Adventures with Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    There have been a few costume sets that have what you wanted. There was the t-shirt set with some cargo shorts with actual pockets, and it comes with a Duffy-sized tote bag. There is also the "camera" set with a bunch of accessories, one of which is a Duffy sling backpack. It's even got lining and a little blue bow on top. It's cute, and can fit things inside...oh, and there's also a suitcase. then, the "Cape Cod" costume set...I'm not sure what to call it, but it's very period looking. Blue & white striped t-shirt, jean overalls, a cute little newsboy hat, red bandana, and boating shoes. It also comes with a Duffy-sized "canvas" bag that says "Cape Cod" on it. He could use more accessories, but there have been some in the past...we'll see if they re-release those sets, or give Duffy more things to carry.

Oh well Im a day late and a dollar short. lol Im glad they made them and I think I know which ones you are talking about. Ive seen them on e-bay. They are very cute.

I think it would be cool if they made a costume for Duffy that would show what he ware to a theme park. With all the accessories.

• Banned User

~gasp!~ First the adorable Chinese Duffys and now the legendary Heartful Sailor that sewing-savvy fans were selling for up to $400 for the year until OLC finally released the official ones???

I think it's great when fans buy only what they like because they love it, not just to "collect 'em all!" When it comes to Tokyo Duffy actually, I guess there's not really much choice; we can't all be like Nana-chan. That woman is my hero!^^
    Oh don't get me wrong, I think they're REALLY cute, but they don't really fit my style. And I have someone who I can the original, so if I wanted to get it down the road, I would want the original. Although, for collectors, I can see why they could want this one, the different material, and redesigned pants/skirt are enough to be considered "new" costumes.

• Munchings & Crunchings

The only thing is Shellie May is missing her bloomers in the updated release! She's going commando style...uh...

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: Duffy "Hello From Cape Cod" 1/21 "Guess That Costume!"

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    Oh well Im a day late and a dollar short.
    Janell, no worries! All three of those the T-shirt/cargo shorts w/ paw print tote, the overalls w/ Cape Cod logo tote, and the Travel Set are the costumes that make up the regular series that is available year-round. You can get these any time. Except the Travel Set, the other two both come with shoes. Maybe that's why they're not including shoes, they want people to buy these? If I remember correctly, the Travel Set is 3200 and the other two are only 2600!^^ These tote bags aren't practical for carrying human stuff in, though. I'm not sure they're really what you're looking for.

• Adventures with Duffy

Thats cool they offer some clothing year round.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12