Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Duffy "Hello From Cape Cod" 1/21 "Guess That Costume!"

I really can't imagine. There's already the duffel coat for seasonal weather, and already the Sweet Duffy Cafe uniforms for Valentine's through White Day. The only 1/21 holidays I could find with a quick search were both in the United States:

• National Hug Day - This seems appropriately "Duffy," but what's the costume?)
    • Squirrel Appreciation Day - While I think Duffy and Shellie in squirrel costumes would be super-cute - even though Rilakkuma and Korilakkuma just did this last autumn (as you can see in this Yahoo store) - I kinda doubt that's really it.

So I'm just gonna take a wiiild guess and say it's some new variation on the white sailor uniform.

Okay, your turn! Play along? Pretty please?^^

• i heart plunging v-necks

Re: Duffy "Hello From Cape Cod" 1/21 "Guess That Costume!"

Lunar New Year Duffy!

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

• Munchings & Crunchings

Yeah, this is going to be a tough one. Winter is already being represented, as is Valentine's day. However...now that I think about it, they did this in 2009 too. Remember they released the Halloween Pumpkin costume, then they also released one of the "Cap Cod Seasons" costumes at the same time. It turned out to be the black cat costume. I remember we were speculating then too that it wouldn't be Halloween themed, because they had both the pumpkin and ghost costumes already.

So, with that in mind, I wonder if it's Valentine's themed anyway? Not Heartful Sailor, because that was last year, and obviously not cafe. So...what could it be? I would love an update on the white sailor costume like you said, DuffyDaisuki! It would be appropriate, although not quite winter. If it's Valentine's themed, I hope it's fashionable. Maybe a tux & dress combo? Although not too much like a wedding set....no, don't want that...

• Munchings & Crunchings

Oh, and the Rilakkuma and Korilakkuma squirrel costumes are so cute. I wonder if those could even fit Duffy or Shellie May?

• Banned User

I have a guess! Maybe it will be underclothes? Like some pants and a sweater for Duffy and sweater and skirt for Shellie to compliment the coats? Cause the costumes just released are just the coats so they're gonna be naked underneath! Maybe something to compliment the current costume?

• Adventures with Duffy

I love the National Hug day. Too cute.

Do you think they do Duffy as cupid? Im not sure what I think of that, but it goes with valentines day.

I think a set of long underwear to stay warm would be cute idea. I loved the PJ set they did before.

What about accessories? Maybe a back pack, lanyard, pop corn bucket(Duffy size)

Im still hoping for a rain suite.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: Duffy "Hello From Cape Cod" 1/21 "Guess That Costume!"

Quote Originally Posted by malice View Post
    Lunar New Year Duffy!
    Wow! It's not very "Cape Cod," but I this! Maybe at HKDL? What a great way to introduce Shellie May in that park — have them as lion dancers, a costume that requires two!! Oh, I really want this now!^^

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    …Maybe a tux & dress combo? Although not too much like a wedding set....no, don't want that...
    I like this. Something like the Ambassador's Mickey and Minnie. Like "Big Band Beat" style. That may not be far off. Duffy doesn't really have a tux, even though it's an extremely common bear costume. And Shellie doesn't have any really "elegant" outfits. I think you might just be right.^^

Oh, and the Rilakkuma and Korilakkuma squirrel costumes are so cute. I wonder if those could even fit Duffy or Shellie May?
    You wouldn't even wonder if you saw them in person. They're about half the size. Otherwise I'd already have them!^^ They did make bigger ones, but only for display. I almost wonder if it's intentional, to avoid giving their designs to another character?

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183 View Post
    I have a guess! Maybe it will be underclothes?…
    This made me think if long johns (thermal underwear), which got me pretty excited! I think it would be a real challenge to get that texture and stitching detail "just right" at that scale. Also, very Cape Cod, I think. It would be an interesting update to the old pajama set.

• Munchings & Crunchings

I was thinking about this "mystery" costume release, and I have a theory. Before these were even announced, I was looking back at both "Cape Cod Seasons" and "Hello From Cape Cod" and comparing the quantity and quality of both. Well, without actually counting them, I got it in my head that there were more costumes released in "Cape Cod Seasons". However, when I actually went and counted, it worked out to the same...well, that is, if HFCC had one more release. So...there were 6 total for CCS, and, now thanks to this "mystery" set, there will also be 6 for HFCC.

What I'm thinking is that they wanted to finish out the series at an equal number, and be done with them. This makes me think that there will be either a special TDS Anniversary series, or just anniversary costumes released for the next year instead of a "Cape Cod" theme. I'm hoping that this will be the final HFCC release, and we won't see another one until the anniversary kicks off in April. I could be wrong, but this is just a hunch I'm having right now.

Now, what this final costume set will be is still baffling me. I'm anxiously waiting, while my wallet sits in the corner and cries.

• Munchings & Crunchings

Oh, and the reason I thought it seemed like more costumes were released in "Cape Cod Seasons" than "Hello From Cape Cod", is because, well, there were actually more costumes released...they just weren't part of the series. For example, at Halloween 2009 there were 3 separate costume sets, only one of which was CCS (the black cat). In 2010 for Halloween, there was only one costume released for Duffy and Shellie May, and it was the HFCC pumpkin set.

• Adventures with Duffy

Oh the wait is driving me mad! lol I soo can't wait to see what's next. What cool costume OLC has come up with. Come on Rain Suite. It now rains in CA and my Duffy hates the zip lock bag he goes into. He says some not so Disney words while in that bag. lol

I also think it would be cool if they offered some shirts to go with the coats and other outer ware. I'm mean Duffy already has fur, put a coat on him and take him into where there is heaters. He gets hot! So some cute shirts maybe some cargo pants ( everyone needs a place for their smart phone). He also needs a back pack with a Cape Cod symbol on it to show where home is. Make it usable too. BaB had a sling back pack. My Duffy wares his and carries some of my stuff in it. Works great.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Gurgi was the closest...

...So, with that in mind, I wonder if it's Valentine's themed anyway?
    ...And ironically also the farthest away...

Not Heartful Sailor, because that was last year...
    This re-release of the Heartful Sailor sans shoes and with a different skirt for the Shellie version is a complete surprise, and it really does make me think that part of their strategy now is giving fans a chance to get those great classic costumes they may have missed without paying 400% mark-up. As much as I do think one year later is a little soon, I kinda like what it does for fans. Fans as opposed to simply "collectors."

...I'm anxiously waiting, while my wallet sits in the corner and cries.
    Are you as relieved as I am?

Quote Originally Posted by Janell View Post
    ...So some cute shirts maybe some cargo pants ( everyone needs a place for their smart phone). He also needs a back pack with a Cape Cod symbol on it to show where home is. Make it usable too. BaB had a sling back pack. My Duffy wares his and carries some of my stuff in it. Works great.
    I think the T-shirt set may come with cargo shorts...? And he has a couple of different tote bags (Cape Cod and Paw Print) and a "suitcase," but no backpack. That really would be cute. Like L.L. Bean's famous monogram backpacks with the lifetime warranty. Plus, L.L.Bean's from Freeport, Maine. It's not Cape Cod, but it's still New England. As long as there's a B&B somewhere, Duffy is totally down!

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Why do none of the outfits come with shoes anymore? In the winter his feet get cold!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Adventures with Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    I think the T-shirt set may come with cargo shorts...? And he has a couple of different tote bags (Cape Cod and Paw Print) and a "suitcase," but no backpack. That really would be cute. Like L.L. Bean's famous monogram backpacks with the lifetime warranty. Plus, L.L.Bean's from Freeport, Maine. It's not Cape Cod, but it's still New England. As long as there's a B&B somewhere, Duffy is totally down!
    He must have already had a t-shirt set. That is cool.

I like your idea on LL Bean. I like the back pack or back pack sling because you don't have to think does Duffy has his bag when you are in the parks. Its not going to fall off.

Travis, I know what you mean. Poor Duffy and his cold feet. I like the shoes OLC puts out, they fit Duffy feet better then BaB. I don't like the idea of squeezing him into shoes or anything for that matter. One it doesn't feel good Im sure and two I don't want his feet to become dis-formed. How sad would that be?

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    Why do none of the outfits come with shoes anymore? In the winter his feet get cold!
    Wasn't that just during the TDS 5th Anniversary and the TDR 25th? Maybe we can expect more shoes this year for TDS 10th?

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Quote Originally Posted by DuffyDaisuki View Post
    Wasn't that just during the TDS 5th Anniversary and the TDR 25th? Maybe we can expect more shoes this year for TDS 10th?
    I was having a discussion with a coworker today about his shoes with the 25th Anniversary on the bottom. So I am hoping they do that for the 10th.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast