Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Adventures with Duffy

Re: Sweet Duffy 2011

WOW!!! Just WOW! Three coustumes in one month. Wow. I just keep saying that.

Okay any ideas what the mystery costume could be? Pjs? Rain coat? DCA shirt? Oh wait wrong park lol and we have to wait till the 21st to find out? This is worse then waiting for Christmas. Are there any Japanese holidays coming up? Could be a costume for that. Any new attractions opening up? Oh the waiting is going to bug me. lol

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    ...I also hope it's not a trend, I cannot keep up with that all year long...we need a break! However, with TDS' 10th anniversary, I'm scared...
    I actually hope these are the last releases until the anniversary events start, but I kinda doubt it. I mean, if that was the case, why not hold off on releasing whatever the HFCC is on 1/21? Why not hold off anyway, really? It must be seasonal to be in this timeline, but then I just cannot imagine what it is... Driving me crazy!!!

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Lightbulb Re: Sweet Duffy 2011

Looking back at our "Sweet Duffy 2010" discussion, I realize that there may not be a product update on the official site until 1/14 or 1/15. I guess they plan it to be one month before Valentine's Day. So, those of you who want in on the shopping service, please be fast with checking the official site, updating wish lists, sending emails, checking confirmations and transferring funds.

I would really appreciate having all of that done and finished by the end of Saturday so that I can just spend next week being really focused on what's happening in the parks, being excited, getting ready to go buy stuff and - hopefully - enjoy a day of attractions and fun myself.
    Please don't let me be in a shop line all day... Please don't let me be in a shop line ALL day... Please...

I really think we can expect a "Sweet Duffy" product update this Friday. If anybody sees it sooner, keep us posted! I can't wait til next week when I can post photos of just how crazy the lines can get, and also of decorations and events in the park! Any particular requests, as far as photos?^^
    Last edited by Dustysage; 01-10-2011 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Unmerged post

• Munchings & Crunchings

Yeah, I thought the same thing about the update. It will at least be done by Friday, a week before the event. I hope sooner for our own shopping lists, but I'll just keep checking. Also, I sure hope you don't have to deal with waiting in lines all day like last year. At least they are not doing a new character release...so maybe you'll fare better. Also, last year was when they were caught off-guard and started stocking Duffy stuff in the other stores...maybe that will help again this year. I'm sure it will still be crazy!

As for photo requests, I know it's not really easy if you're focused on shopping, and having to wait in lines. The only thing I would love to see is the decorations in the cafe, maybe any new story scenes they put up. Just general "Sweet Duffy" decor. Only if you have the time though, don't worry about any of that if it's too crazy.

• Adventures with Duffy

I hope they post soon. Im really excited to see the great costume I know they have lined up for us. What they are offering this year is really cute.

• Banned User

I know they listed what merch would be release, but I'm not sure if this was listed. Will they have Wrist-lets of Duffy and Shellie May in the costume? I'd rather get one of those if they offer them instead of the keychains.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Please check out my revised post above. There will indeed be a NEW "Hello From Cape Cod" costume set on 1/21. The design team seems to be on a high right now, so my expectations are that I will love this release, too. I think this is a new record:

1/7: HFCC "Paddington" Coats
    1/21: SD Cafe Uniforms
    1/21: HFCC Mystery Outfits

I was nervous that this 1/21 release might mean that today's "Paddington" coats are a limited production. Guest Relations assured me that they will be produced in normal quantities, so they should still be available past 1/23 (the day I shop) with absolutely no worries. I will still be calling to check routinely over the next two weeks, and if I feel there's a need I will go early, and I'll buy the orders I have for those out of pocket. I want both coats, too..

As soon as the site is updated - probably next week - with Sweet Duffy and the new HFCC costume info, I will want people to start making transfers as soon as possible. I will NOT, this month, be able to cover anyone whose money transfer has not actually completed the move from PayPal to my bank account. I simply won't have enough money myself. Please keep watching the official site and updating here, and let's get wish lists in and transfers made as quickly as possible after photos are released and pricing is announced.

**PS - By the way, anyone buying all six costumes (Duffy and Shellie, each version) are guaranteed the 25% rate for their total shopping fee even if there are less than 5 people ordering! If 5+ people order, those who get all six costumes can pay only 20% on costumes; other merchandise will still be 25%. THIS TIME ONLY!! This is as low as I can possibly go. I don't want to get in the habit of making exceptions to the system, and shopping will certainly be a very real challenge this time, but this is a very special moment - SIX costumes in one month, plus the Duffy merchandise event of the year, Sweet Duffy! It's very exciting!^^
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 01-10-2011 at 08:54 PM. Reason: This goes here.^^

• Adventures with Duffy

Thanks for the update. I check on my phone a few times a day. I don't want to miss anything.

• Adventures with Duffy

I have to say Im impressed with TDS guest services. If you can call them and ask about merchandise and they actually know whats going on, thats amazing. Im not sure DLR is as good. Its not the CM fault its who ever is above them. Its like a huge secret even on the morning of events.

I hope this time around TDS has many locations where guest can get the new costumes. So guest aren't in line all day. Ive done the all day in line a few times. Its not that much fun. Although it is fun to chat with others in line. I see a lot of people on twitter and FB when they are in line. Which is cool, it seems to past the time.
    Last edited by DuffyGuardian; 01-10-2011 at 09:53 PM.

I think I am going to need to sell a vital organ at this point! Yeah and Uggh all at one time! I am thankful I will be there on 1/24 and 1/25 -- since I connect through Tokyo on my flights to the US, I worked it so I could have an overnight just to get to TDS to pick up all the new releases. LOL The bad thing is I thought these were just going to be a couple outfits and it appears I will be traveling onward for a month with an entire suitcase full of new Duffy stuff (not to mention a husband who's going to got nuts after he sees the credit card bill!!!)

DuffyD - I see all the stuff in non-translatable Japanese about times and such - are they doing set times for you to enter the store? Do you think I'll encounter any issues when I am there the afternoon of the 24th? I'm going to be rushing to get things since I won't even get to the park until around 5pm and they close at 7pm those days!

BTW, happy to see we have a Duffy forum now!!! YEAH.
    New Disney Blog: Pooh's Travels
    Worldwide Disney Theme Parks Examiner for Examiner.com

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Thumbs up Re: Sweet Duffy 2011

Quote Originally Posted by poohstraveler View Post
    DuffyD - I see all the stuff in non-translatable Japanese about times and such - are they doing set times for you to enter the store? Do you think I'll encounter any issues when I am there the afternoon of the 24th? I'm going to be rushing to get things since I won't even get to the park until around 5pm and they close at 7pm those days!
    That's the Duffy Shopping Service reservation. It's only for the first two days so it won't affect you at all. I'd still advise going as early as possible, though, because those are the days when folks who missed the registration shopping will be out in force, I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by poohstraveler View Post
    BTW, happy to see we have a Duffy forum now!!! YEAH.
    I know, right!^^

• Munchings & Crunchings

How does that "registration shopping" work? I can't read the Japanese either, so the details are lost on me.

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Exclamation Re: Sweet Duffy 2011

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    How does that "registration shopping" work? I can't read the Japanese either, so the details are lost on me.
    From 1/13~1/19, Guests can use their Japanese mobile phone to reserve a specific entry time from one of the optional periods on the first two days of release. The "Duffy Goods Shop Entry Service" is only available on 1/21 and 1/22. After that, it's the same chaos as usual! Too bad I'm working both those days.

In other news...

The official site's been updated!

Direct link to SWEETDUFFY Goods page, HERE!

1/21 RELEASE GOODS:
    Sweet Duffy
    Postcard ¥200
    Stickers ¥500
    Pair Strap Set ¥1800
    Cafe Plush Strap ¥1300
    Mug ¥1400
    Thermal Mug ¥2500
    Bowl Set ¥2000
    Cafe Costume Set ¥3600
    Cafe Plush Badge ¥1500
    Lap Blanket ¥3300
    Earring Set ¥3500
    Tote Bag ¥2700 - OH MY GOSH, IT'S LAVENDER!!!^^
    Wash Towel ¥750
    Candy ¥450
    Chocolates ¥800
    Cookies ¥1200
    Hot Chocolate/Spoon Set ¥1400

MENU ITEMS LINK
    Souvenir Cup ¥600
    Souvenir Plate ¥700

HELLO FROM CAPE COD 1/21 RELEASE
    Heartful Sailor Redux Costume Set ¥3000
    Heartful Sailor Redux Plush Badge ¥1500

Check them out on the official "HFCC" site!!!

This is great news! It's a sweet chance for new fans to grab this classic costume that the mascot wore during the 2009 Sweet Duffy event, but wasn't released until 2010, with Shellie May. But what really "brings joy" for me is that I don't have to buy six costumes at once!!!

REGULAR GOODS
    NEW Duffy & Shellie May Picture Book!!! ¥1200 LINK
    I have mixed feelings about this, as it's likely to nullify my story, but I'm happy to see Shellie May get some official development, and I'm pleased to see a potential tradition growing of expanding Duffy's storyline once a year. I sent copies of my work to three people at OLC last year, so it will be interesting to see if we can spot any influences. Unfortunately, though, it is not printed bilingually like the Sweet Duffy book. Also, for some reason, they aren't planning to display the English version of the story in Cape Cod Cook-off this year. I'll do my best to translate it as quickly as possible, but my Japanese isn't great. Hopefully someone else will beat me to it!^^
    Last edited by DuffyDaisuki; 01-12-2011 at 07:10 PM.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

that is a whole lot of purple lol! I was hoping for more brown, and I am not fond of the clear glass dishes. But I will buy the costume, strap pair, and maybe a dessert plate.
    Last edited by TravisMT81; 01-12-2011 at 06:22 PM.

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Dolcetto o scherzetto?

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    that is a whole lot of purple lol! I was hoping for more brown, and I am not fond of the clear glass dishes. But I will buy the costume, strap pair, and maybe a dessert plate.
    I can't wait for Gurgi to see all this purpleness - he is going to freak out! It's such a completely unexpected surprise! It's like they were reading these boards and wanted to congratulate him on his blog!^^

I don't generally dig painted glassware, either, but that mug actually tempted me for a moment. The bowls, not so much. I'm gonna be spending too much as is, so they're both off the list.

Those items you mention getting, do you mean with the shopping service here, or somewhere else? If with me, do you already have my email address - I can't remember sending it...?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast